• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[OFFICIAL] Post your favourite resources!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
YOUTUBERESOURCES.png

WE ARE WORKING ON A NEW VIDEO - NOMINATE YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCES FOUND ON THIS SITE

(Max) 5 Models, 5 Spells, 5 Textures, 5 Maps, 5 Cinematics & 5 Terrains

Greetings community! If you havn't checked out our YouTube channel yet, then click here! As you may have noticed, our channel isn't exactly overfloating with videos these days. The Hive Workshop YouTube management team consists of @Hayate , @YetAnotherYoutuber, @Ralle and myself. We are a small team working together. So constructive feedback is much appreciated.

For our next video, we would like to involve the members of our community. Therefore we would like you to post your favourite (up to) top 5 Terrains, 5 Models, 5 Spells, 5 Textures, 5 Maps & 5 Cinematics in this thread.

The resources nominated in this thread may be featured in our next video, that will highlight some of the best resources found on this site!

Guidelines:
  • The resources you post must be found on this site in their respective resource sections.
  • Terrains can be posted with links to the post or gallery containing the terrain image.
  • When posting in this thread, please use the following format.

<Resource Type> (e.g. Models)
<Explain your choices> (Optional)
  1. <Link to resource>
  2. <Link to resource>
  3. <Link to resource>
  4. <Link to resource>
  5. <Link to resource>

The resources shown in the banner is Deathwing & Anduin Lothar

Last edited:
Level 42
This particular video is to made to show the awesomeness of warcraft modding as well as possibly to appeal more people to join the community
and this thread is to make the community and the youtube channel to interact more, I hope there will be more similar things like this in the future that interact with the community to produce good content for HIve's youtube channel

I think the Hive Video should reflect what Hive member thinks :)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Guidelines:
  • The resources you post must be found on this site in their respective resource sections.
  • Terrains can be posted with links to the post or gallery containing the terrain image.
  • When posting in this thread, please use the following format.

<Resource Type> (e.g. Models)
<Explain your choices> (Optional)
  1. <Link to resource>
  2. <Link to resource>
  3. <Link to resource>
  4. <Link to resource>
  5. <Link to resource>

I don't know about you. but I remember that Grimtotem.blp has resonated with me pretty nicely. its a simple skin and i think that's its charm.
DarkSteel_Golem.blp is kinda nice as well
NetherDragonv2.blp <-this, but i may be a little biased x3
IllidanDark.blp
and of course, something from my buddy Chrome Piratess_by67chrome.blp

there are many more things that i've taken a fancy to, but if i were to add more, you'd just be looking at a wall of text and links

Level 14
Terrain:
Done_I_guess - Generally I don't remember terrains after a while but wew.

Models:
IllidanEvilFlying - Personally loved this, as it used something no one tried using before, and executed it fairly well, I think it captures the usefulness and creativity of the members of hiveworkshop nicely.

Skins:
GilneasBuildings - Simply amazing set, made what was by Blizzard the most horrid looking houses into something moody and lovely, simply cannot miss in any map.

Maps:
Ancient Protector - Contest Winner, really fun tiny map with good physics system.
Sunken City - Good map to play with friends.
Warden - Delightfully well made series of mini-maps and dungeon crawlers.

Cinematics:
Unforgotten Grudge - Good action scenery
Darkness Within - Contest Winner for a reason

I'm not narcissistic enough to add some of my own resources into the list ;) however, you're free to check them out in my profile and see if you find them worthy of being in your list!

Last edited:

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Many people would notice this if this is featured on the News/frontpage.

Skins
1. Headless Horseman - Way too awesome! The use of alpha channel is very creative! Highlights and shading are on point, designed and executed beautifully.
2. Pengo.blp - This one I'd never forget. Turning a penguin into a cute little creature is amazing!

Would update this list later on, it's so hard to search with the new system.

Level 26
I'm not visiting other sections than maps very often, so the resources I find to be best will all be from there:
  • Thievery Campaign - Brilliant, creative and fun piece, reminding me of Zelda. One of my biggest inspirations. The authour has also created a game with similiar concept and awesomeness in Unity.
  • Dark Vestige - A beautiful map, with interesting greyscales. The atmosphere of this game is outstanding! The gameplay itself is sadly not as satisfying, but it is still good.
  • Sunken City - The vast and fun dungeon crawler with extreme amounts of secrets and items (and constant updates on top of that!). Can be replayed a hundred times.
  • Forsaken Island - A tiny map with awesome execution. There are only nine rooms, each with its own challenge and gorgeous terrain, providing a short but almost perfect gameplay.
  • The Chosen Ones - An incredible campaign, with close to endless customization, interesting bossfights, fun character growth and extreme amount of content. I've spent almost a hundred hours on this one.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Last edited:
Level 50
I'd just mention @Direfury here. The guy deserved DC rating for at least 3 or 4 of his models. He didn't got any so far. He definitely deserves some attention considering his works here.
He's done tons of great models, and I can't decide which ones are better but I will just mention his Snowsong and Thrall model, both mounted and unmounted version.

Of course, there are many other great models in our models section but I just mentioned this because I like how it's been made.

Level 42
Ok, thinking about it, I will post my favourite as well :p

Models
I personally is a big fan of Tauer and -grendel's model
All of the Tauer models are great, it's a hard choice, but at the end, I chose the most eyecandy Anduin lothar from him, the moment I see the model, I get goosebump, it's just sooooo goood

Also, How can we forgot the All time best Lich king model by Kwaliti? thats pure classic

For -Grendel's model, I will Have to choose the Orc Necromagus, that is just orgasm to eyes, and is beautifully done with in-game texture
The next one I will have to give to Tidal Lord where I just found out when I talking with Kyrbi0, The Particle Effect, the design and everything, is just beautiful

For the last one is from a "underrated" member, Herrdave, I like his model, very stylize, solid model while very lowpoly, and he have lots of funny and fancy ideas. While his model is not as bombardstic as the others in the list, I wish and think he deserve a spotlight :D
  1. Anduin Lothar
  2. Tidal Lord
  3. The Lich King
  4. Orc Necromagus
  5. Troll Stonehurler (Wotr)

Level 26
Here's a few of my favorite resources.

Maps

Iceborn is just amazing, from beginning to end.
All of OutsiderXE's campaigns are great, but Lord of the Clans is my favorite.
And the Diablo III map, it's been a long time since I played it, but I remember I had a lot of fun with it.
  1. Iceborn
  2. Lord of the Clans
  3. Diablo III Warcraft

Models

The Lich King model is IMO the best custom model I've seen, it's very detailed and true to the source, but also fits very well with the Warcraft 3 aesthetic.
I like all blood elf related stuff, and Lady Liadrin and Lor'themar models rank at the top.
The val'kyr model is also one of my favorites because it has animations for both of its forms, plus it just looks awesome!
And the ancient explosion is one of my favorite special effect models, it's just so simple, but effective.
  1. The Lich King
  2. Lady Liadrin
  3. Lor'themar
  4. Pale Val'kyr
  5. Ancient Explosion

Skins

The blood elf UI is just awesome looking, no need to explain anything else.
All the other skins are by 67Chrome whose pretty much all skins are great, but these three are my favorites.
  1. Blood Elf UI
  2. Dark Sylvanas
  3. Dark Champion
  4. Blood Elf Sorceress

Last edited:
Level 25
I barely visit anything but the Texture Section and I'll try to stick to more "recent" stuff.

Textures

Gothic Warlord by A.R.
Jack by Mr.Goblin
Shivarran by 67chrome
Ascension Revenant by ~Nightmare
Zandalari High Priest* by Heinvers

3D Assets
HybrisFactory - Terraining and Mapping Resources** by Talavaj
Gul'dan by Tauer
Mo'arg by FerSZ & Murlocologist
Flower Dryad by Hexus
Stone Sentinel by -Grendel

* If I've to pick, this is the most interesting texture we've on the Hive.
** Might not adhere to the rules, but this project should be up there.

Last edited:
Level 14
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.