1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

EpicRPGTileset_by67chrome.blp

Submitted by 67chrome
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Screenshots
Reveal
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

How to use this skin:

After importing the skin re-write its path to: TerrainArt\Icecrown\Ice_RuneBricks.blp or TerrainArt\Ruins\Ruins_LargeBricks.blp

I note these two tilesets because cliffs create their corresponding tile when placed, and the only two man-made cliffs with a size 2 tile are in sunken ruins and icecrown glacier. Note: with the modify tileset feature, your favorite tiles can still be used in the same map with this tile.

All tilesets have a size in the world editor, which can be viewed in Advanced->Modify Tileset. The tile size is displayed as a 1 or 2, representing the size of the skins that make up the tiles. A size 1 tile has a 256x256 skin, which largely consists of the boarder art applied when the tile is overlapping another tile. These tiles only have 2 tile variations. A size 2 tile is 512x256, and has 18 tile variations. This skin can be used to replace any size 2 tile.

In the Modify Tileset window the order of the tiles is important and can be changed as well. As this skin is meant to be used for its tile variation it is recommended that it be shifted as far left as possible, so that it appears below all the other tiles when used (this way it has no need for borders, and any tile variant may be used with another piece of terrain.

The further left a tile is on the tile skin, the rarer its appearance is. Some tiles have an appearance rate of smaller than 1%, so I would recommend creating a little tile palette so that you can copy and paste each tile.
If you access the terrain palette in the world editor, and then access the selection tool, you can select terrain and use copy and paste on it. This allows you to find one of each tile and copy and paste it to a separate location, which I refer to as your tile palette. From this you can copy and paste any of the 18 tiles you choose without prejudice :D

Reveal
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Note: using copy and paste not only saves the tile variation, it also remembers cliff height, and elevation. It is best to place down all the tiles before changing height. Tiles placed on a lower or higher cliff level will still be remembered even if it changes the cliff level. Just raise or lower it to its intended level and the desired tile should show up.

Reveal
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

If this tileset is below all others it can also be incorporated with others to create cool effects. However, when using two tiles you will need to copy and paste two tiles, as one of the overlapping tiles will hold the tile information. When planning on combining tiles it is always a good idea to make these tiles more common (ie appear further right on the skin).

Reveal

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

While a 75% freehand rule for skin submissions spurred me to make this skin entirely freehand, it does not prevent you from copying and pasting your favorite tiles in this skin to use in your map. You have permission to replace any of the tiles on this skin or shift their position. If you use at least one of the tiles you must give credit to me, 67chrome, as I drew each one freehand (Well, except the black one :D). If you want a custom tileset like this one but do not have the right programs to make it, get a friend to do it for you. If you don’t have any friends that can, get better friends. Same goes for creating custom skin for a cliff (cliff skin shown above not included).

This is were the tile variations are; 1 and 2 are the most common, and 15, 16, 17 and 18 are by far the rarest.

If you have any questions regarding creating your own tileset check out the tutorials here or at WC3campagns.

And finally, here’s my concept ;)

Reveal
[​IMG]

-Updated to display the correct paths.

Keywords:
Epic, Terrain, World, Warcraft, RPG, Role, Playing, Game, Indoors, Tile, Tileset, Tiles, Floor, Boards, Bricks, Runes, Cobblestones, Stones, Flagstone
Contents

EpicRPGTileset_by67chrome.blp (Texture)

Reviews
15:01, 2nd Jul 2009 Hawkwing: These could be incredibly useful for many different maps and I highly recommend this to all users. The instructions are very helpful too.
  1. 15:01, 2nd Jul 2009
    Hawkwing: These could be incredibly useful for many different maps and I highly recommend this to all users. The instructions are very helpful too.

2. SkriK

SkriK

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Wow, nice range of use! Love it!

3. Zeverens

Zeverens

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Very cool idea. Nice done. 5/5

4. StaberFire

StaberFire

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    These truly are epic tiles, useful for any cinematic, RPG, or just regular terrain art. 5/5 for sure, and just the fact that you put a mini tutorial in with it earns a nice little +rep.

5. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    This is beyond epic tbh

6. SnaKy

SnaKy

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    very nice idea

7. KYTON

KYTON

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    99999/5....Directors cut?

8. The_one_Gollum

The_one_Gollum

Resources:
    Resources:
    epic!
    The screen of this nightelf city is fucking awsome. I wish I could terrain like you ;D

Thank you for this tilesets

9. Archangel_Tidusx

Archangel_Tidusx

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Jeez that would take a load of clicking lol.
    great idea though

10. a7xpwns3

a7xpwns3

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Dude... I love this.

How can this not be DC'ed?

Using this on every single project from now on, including out-of-warcraft ones.

11. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Can you do this will all tilesets so we are able to have all tilesets in just one tileset? :eek: (One tileset each tile)

12. gert123

gert123

Resources:
    Resources:
    cool!good job 5/5 +rep.i realy needed this :)

13. nickex

nickex

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is the best tileset i ever seen! 10/5!

14. Upgrade

Upgrade

Resources:
    Resources:
    I get error when im importing this :eekani:
    [​IMG]
    Else is this great :smile:

15. breebree123

breebree123

Resources:
    Resources:
    great! very nice! very useful! and very epic :D 5/5

16. KhalanDuriant

KhalanDuriant

Resources:
    Resources:
    LOL! :thumbs_up: This tiles are awesome. I'll use it on my next map. 5/5

17. Beronin

Beronin

Resources:
    Resources:
    O.O thats imba cool

18. Jack_Sparrow93

Jack_Sparrow93

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I also get an error when I'm trying to import it...

19. Darkgamma

Darkgamma

Resources:
    Resources:
    1 skin = entire Azeroth!