• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Tileset Editing Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Short story is that I want to use a bunch of tiles packed into one tileset. So I downloaded: EpicRPGTileset_by67chrome.blp

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...ome-blp-134301/?prev=search=cliff&d=list&r=20

It works perfectly when I import it into a map and change the filepath to the appropriate tileset. However, I want different tiles.

I used BLPalleter15c to convert the .BLP into a .TGA, and then edited in Photoshop. When I make changes, I save it as .TGA, and then use the BLPalleter15c to convert it back into a .BLP.

When I try to import the edited .BLP file, and then try to reload the map... CRASH!

Any idea why this is happening and what I can do to avoid the crash?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Alpha is a render aid used when generating an image signifying how transparent (see-through) a texture is. Depending on the blend mode, a high value will either make it completely solid (you see nothing behind) or completely invisible (you do not see it).

Limitations applied to real-time image generation for speed often cause alpha to generate visual anomalies. A common one is a limit to how many things you can see-through before it ignores anything behind that. Another one is when certain image components do not appear through alpha.

Level 2
Ok, so I'll need to keep alpha the same when I edit the image in Photoshop. Do you know how to do that?

I see the alpha channels options, though I'm not sure exactly what to do with them so they will remain constant with the original. I've never used Alpha layers before.

Status
Not open for further replies.