Orc Necromagus

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Necromancer? Necrolyte? Pffffffffff

fucking Necromagus, bitch!

Credits to:
edo494 for helping me test the optimized model. thanks!

Keywords:
Necromancy, orc, green
Contents

Orc Necromagus (Model)

Orc Necromagus (Model)

Reviews
21:52, 10th Jan 2015 MiniMage: Approving it. Whoop.

M

MiniMage said:
We've had our chat and came to a decision. It's a well fitting hero, blends quite nicely with Warcraft 3 graphics while still having a unique and polished look. The model, which looked at first like it needed a lot of work with the clipping, does not actually need it. After I tested the model in-game, it was clear that I simply need to get me another editor to view the animations in. Anyhow, congrats to the first official Directors Cut of the year. - MiniMage
Misha said:
This Necromage model not only performs flawlessly ingame, but is excellent to look at, both at far away, and in extreme closeup. The mesh is really well made and possess little-to-no clipping. UW and texture choices are great as well and suit the model. The sounds and special effects are also very well done, nicely rounding it up to a, (to me, at least) Director Cut model.
~Misha

21:52, 10th Jan 2015
MiniMage: Approving it. Whoop.

Level 21
oh yeah sure. remember the time some mod gave me a dc? then removed it after 3 days? yeah, i remember. boy oh boy, does he hate me back then

Wait, you were given a Directors Cut and then got it subtracted? For what did you get a Directors Cut for and when was this? ;o

That's one helluva statement there MiniMage ;/

Why wouldn't he think highly of himself now?
~Does he not worth to be considered a top modeller?

He's a top modeler, sure. But that's not the issue. Just because you're good doesn't mean you are entitled to directors cut. ;D

Directors Cut is only dished out after the staff has debated in a discussion thread what they think and why they think that. Only then do we give people directors cut. Grendel, while being an excellent modeler in regards to mesh, has like me, not yet mastered the arts of custom animation. We are bound by the limitations of the blizz animations no matter how creative we are.

Now, this does not mean that we are doomed, but it does not mean we will reach the peak either. My judging is rather strict, but his models has been expected to at least land on 4/5 nowadays.
Grendel produce lumps of gold, not polished diamond, that's my analogy for the current level. Actually, I don't remember if I've given a model 5/5 more than once actually.

For a model to reach directors cut, it'll first be rated 5/5. Then we mods chat, then we up it. That is how it goes. Majority vote decides if it should or shouldn't. I can only assume that the directors cut that was given to Grendel was subtracted due someone acting without a full agreement on the decision. So, again, we do not judge out of hate. Someone just fucked up. A moderator must always be objective in their judgement.. and we have no reason to hate.

Level 39
I highly doubt i'll get a DC for this one. Mods hate me.

No idea what you're talking about. As far as we know you're an excellent, well-respected member of the community. Personally however I would not give this model a D.C because the animations are standard Furion and aren't all that amazing. Besides, you pump out models of this quality by the dozens - going around giving each of them a D.C would be crazy.

EDIT: This is definitely a 5\5 model, though, at least in my opinion. The mesh and wrap are just really great.

I'm not a lawyer but...
the last director's cut model was like 2 years ago (2013)
and here are some statics:
-DC models amount every year
--2014: 0
--2013: 7
--2012: 3
--2011: 5
--2010: 4
--2009: 7
--2008: 6

2008-2013, we had an average of (7+3+5+4+7+6)/6 = 32/6 = 5.3 ~ 5-6 models every year

It had been over a year and there had been no DC model ratings, which I understand mods won't give DC lefts and Right just to match up to the average which is 5-6 a year, but this is one of the most DC deserving models I've seen, which is why I said I vote for DC, because although I'm not any more professional than the moderators, I'm pretty sure this is about the same level and maybe alittle better than the things that have been given a DC and I know moderators can see that too if they compare them together; Moreover minimage said he'd give this a 5/5 if the animations were fixed, but something that already have been given a 5/5 rating is this which I truly believe that -Grendel's model, as is without the animation fixes is quiet better.

In conclusion I believe that -Grendel deserves a 6/5 for this outstanding work that excelled out of the hive's list.

Level 35
Hey there.

Still working on my comment... But your model (like so many of your others) just really inspired me. Just the way it combined Samwise concept art with Wc2-era nostalgia & Wc3-style goodness... Ah.

I immediately began to be inspired about a custom Hero using this model (& a few of your others), and instead of sitting on my duff (as I am usually wont to do), I went ahead & slapped something together.

So Behold! A silly little "Showcase" map featuring solely -Grendel's work (mainly the Necromagus). Basically just threw together a simple hero with a skillset inspired by the Warcraft 2 Necrolyte from which it's based (with a little Warlock sprinkled in there). It's a minimal mod with the base spells only changed slightly, but using only the Far Seer's spells I think I managed something... interesting. : )

(I) - Orc Necromagus (couldn't think of a better name, so you win this round... :p)
- Shadow Spear (lobs a nether javelin at a target, dealing damage. pierces through to deal 1/2 damage to another unit)
- Cloud of Poison (channels a foul cloud of sulfuric stench, which rocks the earth and slows enemies in a large area)
- Dark Vision (reveals all invisible units in an area near the Necromagus)
- - Necromastery (summons a massive Bone Golem from the bones of the dead; deals massive damage and defends the Necromagus)
Anyway, hope you enjoy! (I hope to do a better, more custom & thought-out version of this guy... Somewhere. But just wanted to say 'your models are often an inspiration'! :p)

P.S. Actually, this little exercise got me thinking; it'd be really interesting to try and do a little "Hero Rework Challenge" based on this idea (basically, take a particular hero, modify their skillset (& only their skillset) & make an entirely new hero (dif. race, dif. theme, etc)). Hmm...

Attachments

• Showcase - Orc Necromagus.w3x
    302.4 KB · Views: 54
Level 42
Hey there.

Still working on my comment... But your model (like so many of your others) just really inspired me. Just the way it combined Samwise concept art with Wc2-era nostalgia & Wc3-style goodness... Ah.

I immediately began to be inspired about a custom Hero using this model (& a few of your others), and instead of sitting on my duff (as I am usually wont to do), I went ahead & slapped something together.

So Behold! A silly little "Showcase" map featuring solely -Grendel's work (mainly the Necromagus). Basically just threw together a simple hero with a skillset inspired by the Warcraft 2 Necrolyte from which it's based (with a little Warlock sprinkled in there). It's a minimal mod with the base spells only changed slightly, but using only the Far Seer's spells I think I managed something... interesting. : )

Anyway, hope you enjoy! (I hope to do a better, more custom & thought-out version of this guy... Somewhere. But just wanted to say 'your models are often an inspiration'! :p)

P.S. Actually, this little exercise got me thinking; it'd be really interesting to try and do a little "Hero Rework Challenge" based on this idea (basically, take a particular hero, modify their skillset (& only their skillset) & make an entirely new hero (dif. race, dif. theme, etc)). Hmm...

this is fricking awesome dude. i didn't think the model will look this good in-game. including the projectile. i also think its kinda funny how the bone golem is the first model i ever submitted and the necromagus was the latest. <3

Level 21
Hm, the presentation is pretty neat. It actually looks like a blizz hero. No kidding.
Same vibe, same height, same style. I'd replace the golem thing with skeletal orcs.. I could probably tweak some Skeletal Orc Mages in there too, just for shits and giggles. ;D

You were right about the clipping not showing ingame. Approving the model.

Level 35
See? What did i tell ya? They hate my models. He would not have approved this if he did not see the map posted by kyrbi0 to show about the non existent clipping he's insisting.
Well, I'm glad I could help, but I'm hopeful that that wasn't the whole issue; maybe just the "second witness" that all was good. : )

Maybe I should do some more (showcase maps)... xD

Level 21
See? What did i tell ya? They hate my models. He would not have approved this if he did not see the map posted by kyrbi0 to show about the non existent clipping he's insisting.

Well, I viewed the editor, but I don't moderate a model until it has been tested ingame. So I'm not really sure what you're getting at. XD

I don't disagree that his little testmap made it all the more convenient and thus upped the speed it takes for me to start my moderation though.
Also, on an unrelated topic. I need to download my own tool pack to get back my more updated tools so that when I view something in the editor, it doesn't present me with a false readout.

Freakin' awesome! 5/5!

Hey there.

Thanks for helping to solve the dilemma with your test map. Also, that sounds like a cool idea for a contest.

Woah, chill out. It usually takes a while for anything to be approved, but better to be careful than to reject something good or approve something bad (short-term you may not see how this would be bad, until it comes time to fix said mistake and reject a mistakenly approved resource and the uploader isn't happy about it). I know it doesn't take long to test models, but you have to remember that this game is probably not the most important thing in most of the moderators' lives, so you have to forgive them if they go through a week's time without having the opportunity to download and test a page or more of resources in every section, not to mention all of the unseen resources which were already moderated and rejected.

I like you, and I like your models, but come on, as long as you've been a part of this community, how can you so hastily come to negative conclusions?

Well, I viewed the editor, but I don't moderate a model until it has been tested ingame. So I'm not really sure what you're getting at. XD

I don't disagree that his little testmap made it all the more convenient and thus upped the speed it takes for me to start my moderation though.
Also, on an unrelated topic. I need to download my own tool pack to get back my more updated tools so that when I view something in the editor, it doesn't present me with a false readout.

Good on you for doing your job, for explaining and owning up to your mistake, and for not allowing the temporary friction between Grendel- and you to affect your judgement in giving this model the high rating it deserves.

Last edited: