1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Reborn

Submitted by Azsure
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
「Reborn」
By Azsure

Cinematic Info

In the continent of Corinth, the greenskin orcs assemble, led by their new chosen Khan, in a march to anihiliate the beacon of humanity, known as the kingdom of Falmir. Andorias Valorfist, one of the several Highlords ruled by the king, wearing a shiny plate armor, led his armies to strike back against the enemy, but after the end of the conflict, he was presumed dead along with the leader of the orcs, in his honor his funeral was prepared the following days, assisted by the cityfolk and his now widow spouse.

The video follows after his funeral is prepared for the cityfolk.

Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Video

About the Map

A short cinematic I made in about 4 days straight, the story follows a former RP called Dark Prophecy, it stopped being active after year 2013, I felt inspired and decided to make justice to a group I grew up with.

Background

This cinematic takes place after the events occured in the following pictures: [Link 1], [Link 2], with this in mind, there would be no doubts left after the end of the cinematic, however, it is not necessary to check these before watching it, you are free to check them out later optionally if you will.

Credits

Hayate,
MassiveMaster,
Amigurumi,
supertoinkz,
Miseracord,
HerrDave,
Mike,
Tranquil,
Ket,
67chrome,
CloudWolf,
Dentothor,
Gar'nogal,
Mr.Goblin,
TwoVenomous,
simkitty181,
Kitabatake

Special Thanks to Legion_King and VeljkoM for their support during the making of this video. Also to Direfury for teaching me the basics of animating with Milkshape :)

Thanks to Blizzard Entertainment for some of the skins and models used in this cinematic.

Epica - For the songs used in this video
Public Domain - For the sound effects used: [Link 1], [Link 2]

Author's Notes

It is recommended that viewers turn their lightning effects to high before watching the cinematic, as it uses several light effects and it needs a high definition setting to look right. However, if your framerate is not high enough under the pressure of a graphic-heavy map, I suggest you to reduce your video settings to avoid game stuttering and low performance, as it may delay certain events/actions and not look right.

Disclaimer: I do not claim property of the songs used in this video, it is merely for entertainment purposes only and it is strictly forbidden to distribute this video or its content under a profitable benefit.

Map Description Generator 「By Vengeancekael」

Keywords:
Dark Prophecy, DP, cinematic, video, dark, sad, atmospheric, funeral, roleplay, paladin, templar, coffin, short, huge size, fantasy, medieval, reborn.
Contents

Reborn (Map)

Reviews
[2016-05-24] [IMG][c]Rufus Review [IMG][c]Veredict: The scenery is good. The atmophere of the area feels sad, dark and depressing. I realized that the lightning error that I reported before was because of my warcrafts lightning settings. You...
  1. [2016-05-24]
    [​IMG]
    Rufus Review

[​IMG] Veredict:
    The scenery is good. The atmophere of the area feels sad, dark and depressing.

I realized that the lightning error that I reported before was because of my warcrafts lightning settings. You could add a tip in the description that players should turn their lightning effects to high before watching the cinematic.

The caravan/chest carriers is looking good! There was just one moment in the first 30 seconds: The piece turned slightly, revealing that all units is stuck together in one model. Looked kinda glitchy and ugly, but this is just a minor thing. I wouldn't care about it too much.

The sounds in this cinematic is pretty good otherwise. I like the detail with the creaking door, and the music that starts to play as he leaves the crypt.

It still doesn't feel quite clear that the guy in the armor looking at his own tomb is really himself. It would make sense with the face revelaed as the last picture, but it was also a little unclear and hard to see. perhaps this is just me though. It will be interesting to see what others have to say about this.

In short:
    Good scenery and visuals, decent sounds, not very special camera angles and such, but the creative use of fade filters counters this, and lastly, a little bit unclear history, but interesting if you understand what is going on.

Rating cinematics is hard as a reviewer, since there are such a wide variety of quality out there. I have watched cinematics of around 20 minutes with a lot of cool features only getting 3/5 ratings, and short (not at all good in my opinion) getting 5/5.
    Cinematics rating is mostly based on the viewers opinion, so therefore I don't think I can put a fair rating on this, as someone else might think it deserves something much higher or lower.

Approved with a no rating.

Old moderation
    [​IMG]
    Rufus Moderation Note

[​IMG] What you need to do:
    The map was having rather severe lightning bugs in the beginning of the cinematic that also returned later in the crypt scenes.

While being well-made, the story didn't really go through. Was it just a friend remembering his dead ally? That is not very special, and certainly not special to have cinematic of a mourning friend.
    I think this was a little bit of a strange choice of story (or perhaps I didn't get it), directed in a professional way. I got inspired, adding a cinematic like this one to my own project.

For a higher rating, develop the story. As it is now it is acceptable either way due to its good execution. Another plus is having a youtube link in the description, if you can fix it.

There is an ongoing discussion about copyrights on the hive. The music you imported to the map is therefore creating troubles, and the map cannot be approved until we solve this entire thing. You can either replace it with music you are sure is royalty free, or wait for the discussion to finish (which may take a while).

For now, status is set to Awaiting Update, as the lightning bugs should be fixed before approval.

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I request a youtube video or additional details such as cinematic length.

3. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Comments and feedback are appreciated! Please keep the comments on-topic.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  4. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Rufus Moderation Note

[​IMG] What you need to do:
    The map was having rather severe lightning bugs in the beginning of the cinematic that also returned later in the crypt scenes.

While being well-made, the story didn't really go through. Was it just a friend remembering his dead ally? That is not very special, and certainly not special to have cinematic of a mourning friend.
    I think this was a little bit of a strange choice of story (or perhaps I didn't get it), directed in a professional way. I got inspired, adding a cinematic like this one to my own project.

For a higher rating, develop the story. As it is now it is acceptable either way due to its good execution. Another plus is having a youtube link in the description, if you can fix it.

There is an ongoing discussion about copyrights on the hive. The music you imported to the map is therefore creating troubles, and the map cannot be approved until we solve this entire thing. You can either replace it with music you are sure is royalty free, or wait for the discussion to finish (which may take a while).

For now, status is set to Awaiting Update, as the lightning bugs should be fixed before approval.

5. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]
    Rufus Review

[​IMG] Veredict:
    The scenery is good. The atmophere of the area feels sad, dark and depressing.

I realized that the lightning error that I reported before was because of my warcrafts lightning settings. You could add a tip in the description that players should turn their lightning effects to high before watching the cinematic.

The caravan/chest carriers is looking good! There was just one moment in the first 30 seconds: The piece turned slightly, revealing that all units is stuck together in one model. Looked kinda glitchy and ugly, but this is just a minor thing. I wouldn't care about it too much.

The sounds in this cinematic is pretty good otherwise. I like the detail with the creaking door, and the music that starts to play as he leaves the crypt.

It still doesn't feel quite clear that the guy in the armor looking at his own tomb is really himself. It would make sense with the face revelaed as the last picture, but it was also a little unclear and hard to see. perhaps this is just me though. It will be interesting to see what others have to say about this.

In short:
    Good scenery and visuals, decent sounds, not very special camera angles and such, but the creative use of fade filters counters this, and lastly, a little bit unclear history, but interesting if you understand what is going on.

Rating cinematics is hard as a reviewer, since there are such a wide variety of quality out there. I have watched cinematics of around 20 minutes with a lot of cool features only getting 3/5 ratings, and short (not at all good in my opinion) getting 5/5.
    Cinematics rating is mostly based on the viewers opinion, so therefore I don't think I can put a fair rating on this, as someone else might think it deserves something much higher or lower.

Approved with a no rating.

6. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well it's about time! Now to open champagne and celebrate. Which is kinda insensitive from me since this is cinematic with rather dark tones.

7. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Ah nice to see you have finally it submitted and approved! Congratulations!

8. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    The thought bubble thing in the end was creative.

Though i very much hate it when people mix wow and wc3 models together. Either this or that please!

9. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I could have probably made this without the need of wow models honestly, but since they were characters used by my friend, and he used rips for them, I had to keep them. But I get what you mean :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  10. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Dude, This is. Awesome <3 I love it man. Keep up the great work!

11. Gottfried

Gottfried

Resources:
    Resources:
    Far more better than old cinematics.

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I cannot not appreciate the lightning and the camera shots but the no comment state of the video was not detailed. The guy came to see his own corpse. Why? How did he get past everyone or without being seen by anyone? I don't see a reason for a Death Knight to care about his former past or even reflect on things pertaining the living.

This clip has WoW models. Are they allowed?

13. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the feedback, I avoided commenting since I personally dislike vanilla wc3 cinematic dialogue UI, and if I ever do use dialogues, I would try to use a system in which text shows in middle bottom of the screen like an actual movie, but in this particular case I saw no need for any commentary.

There's a background story about this, if you're interested see the map description at this category:

Background

That said, he is not a Death Knight, a Death Knight is someone with the power to command the undead, and was a paladin in his former life, and has actually died and revived back, in this case he never died, and his funeral was rigged by him into pretending he was dead, he cannot control the undead either.

About his reason to be there, it was more of a reflection of being "officially" dead, looking at your past self, your past identity, hiding away from others with a new name and realizing that in the eyes of everyone, you truly did die, and he's now living a different life, he was indeed reborn.

Lastly, rip models from WoW are indeed allowed, check the General Resources Rule, the very first line:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  14. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I watched it just now.

I got mixed opinions about this cinematic. You got some semi-advanced stuff going on code wise and the terrain is pretty neat. Atmosphere overall is not too bad.

However I did not like the story, at all. To me it was just a parade (funeral) and then some random dude getting some kind of flashback.
    Thus I rated it 3/5

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  15. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Minor Update: Gave the riders proper walk animation during the first scene :)

16. pyf

pyf

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The two links pointing to your album in OP are broken for me.

For your reading pleasure (hopefully), here is my own personal interpretation of the YouTube video. I did not know about this thread until now.

It is a day of mourning and sorrow, for we are attending the funeral of a great hero, in the town where he was born.

The Royal Guard is participating in the ceremony by carrying his coffin, since he was a warrior ; a man of honor, well-known and respected in the whole Kingdom. All are mourning him, warriors as well as villagers. His wife and daughters are here, and also the women who were close to him.

After the religious ceremony and before the burial, someone steps inside the church. An unknown hero. He rode a long way to meditate here, and remember the defunct. For he knew the man, whose name was Andorias Valorfist. They were brothers in arms. They fought many bloody battles alongside. He saw him fall against Arthas, after a valiant fight / sacrifice to save his people.

After some time, the unknown hero slowly walks away. By keeping the memory of Andorias Valorfist alive, that hero is reborn in this warrior's mind, heart, and spirit.

What he decides to do now, is a story for another time...

17. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I figured people were getting confused with the ending of the last scene, so I modified a few details to make certain aspects a bit tad more obvious, and hopefully clear all doubts with it :)

18. Maizon

Maizon

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is cool :D

19. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmmm wonder would people be interested if this becomes a new cinematic series on Hive. Watch as Azsure reveals the mysteries, the plots and insanity of the land of ф. Instead of updating the same cinematic over and over D=<