• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Power of Corruption v2.3b

Reactions: PKCrafty
PoCLogo_final.png

Proudly presents:
Roads_Untraveled_Title.png

Version 2.3b.
Terrain by Sonofjay, Code Engine by moyack

OFFICIAL DOWNLOAD

If you don't know what's Power of Corruption, please visit the official page for more information.
Roads_Untraveled_BG.jpg
On the deep land of Lordaeron hides a place with small villages, but as the war goes on supplies stopped arriving on the villages thus forcing the villagers to move to the city, Its been years now since someone traveled on this beautiful land, but now the brutality of evil forces will left a terrible scar, war and power has no mercy with anything and this isolated land with be witness of this unpleasant true.
Gallery

More credits...
Models - Skins - Spells:

Armel:
- Naga Enchantress
Av3n:
- Demon caster spells
Cookie:
- Arachnian Queen
D.O.G:
- Demon Birth model
- Chaos Razormane
DonDustin:
- VolcanoShieldTarget
Frankster:
- Fel hound Rider
- Fel Orc Rampager
- Chaos Altar of Terror
- Fel Orc Assassin
Grendel:
- Ogre Iron Fist (modified)
- Legionnaire (modified)
Gottfrei:
- CruelCloister
- Demonic Sanctuary
Tarrasque:
- WarQueen
- incursor (terror king)
- Naga Royal Guard
- Dragon Turtle (Transport turtle)
- Death Knight (Burning Knight)
- Rock Prison
- Demon Archer
- Brutal Lord
- Lord of Darkness
JetFagInferno:
- Spiral Aura
- Fanactism Aura
- Greater Geiser
- Aura of Damnation
- Aura of Damnation buff
- BlackHole
- ManaThirst
- Treacherous Attack
- EnergyBreathDamage
Mephestrial:
- Legion Teleporter model
Pheonix-IV:
- Naga Town Hall
Spy:
- Lava Bomb model
THE_END:
- Venom Warrior skin
Whitehorn:
- Diabolic skin
- Despoiler skin (Demon Soldier)
WyrWuulfe:
- Satyr Worker model

Script & suggestions:

- Av3n (Your valuable help with items, abilities and other stuff)
- RedDragon (Abilities help and other stuff)
- Tarrasque (Your models and feedback were very useful)
- JetFangInferno (For his suggestions and FX development)
- GaDDeN (he has been a great helper with this project)
- Kyrbi0: Abilities and some other ideas
- Tim. (Thanks for his comments and for directing WC3C
- Veev. For his help in grammar
- Archmage Owenalacaster. For his help with the AI improvement.
- Earth-Fury for Board script.
- WC3C community (for all the feedback received)

Icons:

Some of this icons are as is, others were modified in borders and/or recolored in some cases, but they are based on the original work of the following authors:
- BLIZZARD
- CrazzyRussian
- FrIkY
- Handclaw
- M0rbid
- neo1989
- NFWar
- TDR
- TripleDotta

Other Credits:

- Vexorian: For your excellent WC3mapoptimizer. This map was reduced and protected with wc3optimizer 5.0
- RedDragon: A great supporter, thanks a lot.
- scumedit.net (R.I.P.): I have an special gratitude with this clan for its support and bugs comments.
- PitzerMike: For keeping alive JNGP. This map has been developed in Jass New Generation Pack (5d).
- WC3Campaigns.net: For all the great support and hosting of this project.
- This map has been compiled using Jass Helper version 2012-03-10. Credits to Cohadar and previous authors.
- Cohadar (For improving JassHelper and keep it alive)
- Pipedream (Grimoire is too sexy)
- PitzerMike (safety dance :p)
- Zoxc
- RedDragon: Ideas and suggestions
- Red-Bones-Ghoul: Ideas and suggestions (Lord of Darkness abilities)
- Blade.dk (his war stomp spell making tutorial opens my mind to the JASS world)
- scumedit.net (R.I.P.)
- www.wc3c.net
- Blizzard: For creating patch 1.24 and fuck the WC3 modding community

Any comments and suggestions are welcome :thumbs_up:

Keywords:
PoC, Power, Corruption, Naga, Demon, moyack, Sonofjay, 2.3b, altered melee, mod.
Contents

Power of Corruption v2.3b (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Nov/08 19:26:43 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [tr]Approved [tr]Not Rated Rules

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Nov/08 19:26:43
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment:

Approved
[tr]​
Not Rated
[tr]​

reportV2_animated.jpg
Rules

Level 28
95.gif

@Hammerfist
Yup, because our real intention here is to play PoC with different kind of terrain layouts just like how you play melee map with default races with hundreds of available melee maps.

Isn't it more enjoyable like that?

EDIT:

The second altered melee map that used my terrain!!! Saw someone on epicwar who used this terrain too!

Level 5
First off, excellent altered melee map!

-Great use of models and skins!
-Great terrain!
-Great techtree! (I only played the demon race)
-Love the effects when demon slaves are mining!

I had to get these out there!

My Review

Minor Bugs:

I played for about 15-20 min. and my opponent had a level 1 hero and 3 units. :eekani: My opponent began as a random race and spawned as naga.

Recommendation:

Ok for the demons Corrupted Entity tool tip it says it increases killers maximum health by 20%. You misworded this, it doesn't increase the units health, but it heals it. I thought it was bugged because my units health didn't increase, but then I checked again and it heals 20% of its maximum hit points.

Suggestions:

Ok for the red camps you have Sasquaches in water? :nw:
Their not water inhabitants! I'd suggest using hydra's maybe, although they wouldn't fit your setting very well. If not those maybe water elements; and make your own level 9 water element. (I believe there isn't a level 9 water element that's what I suggested making your own if you decided to do water elements.) You can keep the Sasquatchs that spawn at players start location.

-Add some critters. (This will make the map more lively!)
-Add more doodads. (This will improve the looks and also make it more lively.)
Add some doodads around creep incampents. Examples: tents, fire(s), treasure, trash, cages, etc.

Notes: I didn't really play much at all, I'll play more later and update my review with further information/suggestions when I have more time.

It seems that the demon race is a little bit imabalanced, but I can't really say I havn't played all the race(s). Why I say this is because of the passive abilitys on:
Scuccubus
BloodFiend
Demon Rampager
Burning Beast

The Corrupted Entity passive ability is fine.

Edit: New Info.

I found other tool tip errors for the hero: Lord of Darkness. And: Demon Sabotuer.

Lord of Darkness: It says he is a cunning hero, but his primary attribute is intelligence. :eek:
Demon Saboteur: It says he is a Mystic hero, but his primary attribute is agility. :eek:

The Brutal Lord's spell Mighty Smash is epic but, when I used it on the creep camp next to my base in bottom left corner, it sent the priest up on the cliff and I didn't get my tome. :hohum:

I could only suggest that you lower the radius which the units fly back.

Oh, I rechecked the tier tech time and it is the same as normal melee tech time. Sorry about my false accusation!

For now I rate this map [color=green2]4/5[/color] and [color=green2]+rep![/color] (Note: Can't offcial rate your map yet due to hive requirements.)

Last edited: