1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. [Revised as of 12 July 2017] Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Participate in Blizzard's Public Test Realm to give them feedback on the upcoming patches. Info is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Take part in forum poll and decide the winner of Icon Contest #16!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Congratulate the winners of the first ATC contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Zwiebelchen is hosting a special UI texturing contest. Whomever wins will get a $150 reward through paypal! Come along and draw your texturing tools for the Fantastic Adventurer UI contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Sneak, pickpocket and assassinate! Create a stealth map in Mini-Mapping Contest #14!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Music Contest #8 - Hive Soundtrack is up! Create the soundtrack for the upcoming videos of Hive Workshop's YouTube Channel.
    Dismiss Notice

Power of Corruption v2.3b

Submitted by moyackx
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Host map Arrange game
[​IMG]
Version 2.3
By Moyack. 2012

Official page

Introduction

[​IMG] The war has been declared. Prepare your army and crush your opponents in epic battles. No matter if you are an insidious Naga or an evil Demon, you won't have any chance of peace, just death or luck to survive.

What's Power of Corruption?
Power of Corruption is an altered melee style map which features two customized races: The Naga and the Demons. This project, started in 2006, was previously known as Naga Wars and in that time the Naga race was the only one playable. Critics and suggestions were given and the result was a new whole race: the Demons. this race was developed from scratch in order to put more innovation, replayability and challenge to the Naga which are overpowered in comparison with the standard races in Warcraft III. Time has passed and the map has been improved in many ways, now it's 100% made in vJASS and it features innovative and nice spells, abilities and characteristics which, hopefully, will give to the melee style game a new fresh air. [​IMG]

Game Features.
[​IMG] A new resource: Devotion points.
It can be obtained when you kill enemies from normal players (creeping doesn't give devotion points) This resource can be exchanged by gold or lumber, or saved to get a semihero unit at your command.
[​IMG] Transport units.
This feature has been available through neutral buildings, but now these units will be trained by the player. They not only serve as transport, they can improve a lot the micro management because they can be used to protect vulnerable units taking in advantage its high resistance against attacks.
[​IMG] Item Forgers.
These special units will be trained by players. They will have the ability to cast portable shops with items designed to improve temporary the hero units, or units in an area of effect. These units can see hidden or invisible units so they are a key element in your strategy.
[​IMG] Semi Hero Units.
These special units are the gift that you obtain from you god for having a good and efficient army. They are called semiheroes for its skills (strength + 4 useful abilities) and they are summoned when you reach 1000 devotion points. The Naga obtain a Naga Royal Guard and the Demons obtain a Doom Guard.
[​IMG] Race Attributes.
Each race will have a unique passive ability for all the organic units which gives to them an advantage in endurance in the game.

Screenshots (the most important part yay!!)

For more or newer pictures, please visit the official gallery: http://powerofcorruption.com/?gallery.html
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[highlight]terrains[/highlight]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

If you want to see more screenshots, just visit the official gallery: http://powerofcorruption.com/?gallery.html

DOWNLOAD (Hell!! it's about time!!!)

From now on, Power of Corruption won't be only in one map terrain, it will come in several terrains that I will credit when the data is implemented on them. Meanwhile, we'll start with the basic but always classic first terrain :thumbs_up:

Official download page: http://powerofcorruption.com/?download.html
[​IMG][​IMG]
The ruins of an ancient temple of forbidden tributes was found by the Naga. They were attracted to this abandoned place by the dark magic emanating from this mysterious place. But they were not alone, the Demons, in their seek of power to spread the death and evil in the known world, have traveled to this place to find and control this unknown power. Now the quest is a challenge with no more option but fight, who will the victorious? the outcome is up to you.

[​IMG]
Map Size: 160x160
Playable Map Size: 148x148
Suggested Players: 1v1, 2v2, FFA
Player Slots: 4
Tileset: Sunken Ruins

Credits
Models - Skins - Spells:

Armel:
- Naga Enchantress
Av3n:
- Demon caster spells
Cookie:
- Arachnian Queen
D.O.G:
- Demon Birth model
- Chaos Razormane
DonDustin:
- VolcanoShieldTarget
Frankster:
- Fel hound Rider
- Fel Orc Rampager
- Chaos Altar of Terror
- Fel Orc Assassin
Grendel:
- Ogre Iron Fist (modified)
- Legionnaire (modified)
Gottfrei:
- CruelCloister
- Demonic Sanctuary
Tarrasque:
- WarQueen
- incursor (terror king)
- Naga Royal Guard
- Dragon Turtle (Transport turtle)
- Death Knight (Burning Knight)
- Rock Prison
- Demon Archer
- Brutal Lord
- Lord of Darkness
JetFagInferno:
- Spiral Aura
- Fanactism Aura
- Greater Geiser
- Aura of Damnation
- Aura of Damnation buff
- BlackHole
- ManaThirst
- Treacherous Attack
- EnergyBreathDamage
Mephestrial:
- Legion Teleporter model
Pheonix-IV:
- Naga Town Hall
Spy:
- Lava Bomb model
THE_END:
- Venom Warrior skin
Whitehorn:
- Diabolic skin
- Despoiler skin (Demon Soldier)
WyrWuulfe:
- Satyr Worker model

Script & suggestions:

- Av3n (Your valuable help with items, abilities and other stuff)
- RedDragon (Abilities help and other stuff)
- Tarrasque (Your models and feedback were very useful)
- JetFangInferno (For his suggestions and FX development)
- GaDDeN (he has been a great helper with this project)
- Kyrbi0: Abilities and some other ideas
- Tim. (Thanks for his comments and for directing WC3C
- Veev. For his help in grammar
- Archmage Owenalacaster. For his help with the AI improvement.
- Earth-Fury for Board script.
- WC3C community (for all the feedback received)

Icons:

Some of this icons are as is, others were modified in borders and/or recolored in some cases, but they are based on the original work of the following authors:
- BLIZZARD
- CrazzyRussian
- FrIkY
- Handclaw
- M0rbid
- neo1989
- NFWar
- TDR
- TripleDotta

Other Credits:

- Vexorian: For your excellent WC3mapoptimizer. This map was reduced and protected with wc3optimizer 5.0
- RedDragon: A great supporter, thanks a lot.
- scumedit.net (R.I.P.): I have an special gratitude with this clan for its support and bugs comments.
- PitzerMike: For keeping alive JNGP. This map has been developed in Jass New Generation Pack (5d).
- WC3Campaigns.net: For all the great support and hosting of this project.
- This map has been compiled using Jass Helper version 2012-03-10. Credits to Cohadar and previous authors."
- Cohadar (For improving JassHelper and keep it alive)
- Pipedream (Grimoire is too sexy)
- PitzerMike (safety dance :p)
- Zoxc
- RedDragon: Ideas and suggestions
- Red-Bones-Ghoul: Ideas and suggestions (Lord of Darkness abilities)
- Blade.dk (his war stomp spell making tutorial opens my mind to the JASS world)
- scumedit.net (R.I.P.)
- www.wc3c.net
- "Blizzard: For creating patch 1.24 and fuck the WC3 modding community

Changelog

08/10/2012
  • Fixed a typo in players' multiboard (kills =>; Kills)
  • Fixed a bug where succubus keep jumping on target units when they're smart ordered.
  • Selection circle in Burning Beast reduced from 2.5 to 2
  • The building command card in naga and demon workers has been reordered so it follows the standards in WC3
  • This version will bring a new melee map: FOREPLAY (coming soon!!)

09/04/2012
  • Fixed the missile Z launch of Demon Zeppelin and changes the missile art.
  • Added the heal cargo ability to Transport turtle and Demon Zeppelin. This ability regenerates hitpoints in units transported in those cargo unit types. With this we'll give to this ships a more valuable usage.
  • This version comes with a new melee map: Roads Untraveled by Sonofjay

For opinions and suggestions, you can post them here or in the official forum: http://powerofcorruption.com/community/

Keywords:
Altered, melee, Naga, Demon, PoC, Power of Corruption, Sunken Ruins, Ancient, Temple
Contents

Power of Corruption v2.3b (Map)

Reviews
[IMG] 13:14, 27th Mar 2010 ap0calypse: Approved
  1. Moderator

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

13:14, 27th Mar 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved

2. MOMBI

MOMBI

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow!!!!!!!

Wow thats was just great man! I tryed it wirth one of my friends and we both agreed that it was the best meele map ever made. Mostly becouse of all the new systems like:Devotion points.

It was just awsome.:thumbs_up:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  3. CHA_Owner

CHA_Owner

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    this has been on wc3c.net for a while and i enjoyed playing it so i vote for approval and i love the models used :thumbs_up:

4. dead-man-walking

dead-man-walking

Resources:
    Resources:
    At least give more information on Description..... Screenshots or Videos maybe? Voting for Approval anyway, since CHA_Owner is a trusty one on Gameplay reviews and the Description itself is Approvable, BUT Lacking.

5. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Its an altered melee, everything is per normal except that races are custom.
    hence no much to describe.

Anyway this to me is THE best altered melee every made.

6. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Screenshots added. For more please check the gallery here.

Thanks for your support :)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  7. PiPo

PiPo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is there any way to get the naga townhall and the Reptillian Sanctuary model?
    I really would appreciate it if u would make them downloadable, or the authors. Can't copy them from the map neither cus its protected. Or is that why its protected?

8. Kino

Kino

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    No the models were amde specifically for this project and so are private.

9. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It's optimized and size reduced, therefore protected. But that's not the reason.

Reptilian Sanctuary was made by Jigrael and I believe people should suggest him to release it to the public, I believe he won't have any issue about that.

the other one as made by Pheonix IV, he's inactive, so he won't bother if you use, just give credits in your map, as usual.

10. PiPo

PiPo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, nice. I became a user on your website so I could download the open source map and copy the models ^^. Its just for a map for private use, not to play on bnet, or upload it here. I'm a noob map creator anyways. Great map btw.

11. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:

Yes, I know I promised I won't do new versions, but these days I've been free of time and this map came to my mind as a good remembering...

Well, basically I did some minor bug fixes and I've added new models to the Demon and Naga races.

Changelog 02/01/2011:

General:
    • Fixed a bug with Inner Hell: now Inferno Knight won't be hurted if it cast the ability over a unit with poisonous skin.
    • Improved damage credit.
    • Multiboard now only shows devotion resource from the allied units

Current Models:

Armel:
    - Naga Enchantress
    Cookie:
    - Arachnian Queen
    D.O.G:
    - Demon Birth model
    Dan van Ohllus:
    - Succorbenoth model (Demon Tower)
    - Chaos Razormane
    dickxunder:
    - TideBaron Model
    General Frank:
    - Fel hound Rider
    - Fel Orc Rampager
    - Chaos Altar of Terror
    Jigrael:
    - WarQueen
    - incursor (terror king)
    - Dragon Turtle (Transport turtle)
    - Death Knight (Burning Knight)
    - Rock Prison
    - Sea Drake
    - Lord of Darkness
    JetFagInferno:
    - Spiral Aura
    - Fanactism Aura
    - Greater Geiser
    - Aura of Damnation
    - Aura of Damnation buff
    - BlackHole
    - ManaThirst
    - Treacherous Attack
    - EnergyBreathDamage
    Mephestrial:
    - Legion Teleporter model
    Pheonix-IV:
    - Naga Town Hall
    THE_END:
    - Venom Warrior skin
    TotallyAwesome:
    - Demon Hall model
    Whitehorn:
    - Diabolic skin
    WyrWuulfe:
    - Satyr Worker model

I hope don't forget anybody. The source code does not correspond to the current version. If you want to test this game, you can download in the traditional Link.. Bugs, comments and other stuff can be commented HERE.

Enjoy :D

12. HD888

HD888

Resources:
    Resources:
    FINALlY thanks moyak for continuing with your map +rep cause of this awesomness

13. Hugomath

Hugomath

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG THIS KICKZ ASS YOU PWN LOL YOU HAZ 1337 WE SKILLZ THIS OWNZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay just kidding, I'm not that kind of person. Wonderful job anyway, I simply loved it. Good job with the devotion system and of course with the heroes. They are very well made, I must say. The units are also well made. I'll just say the entire map is a master piece, in my opinion ;]

~You deserve a 5/5 and +rep

14. MrStormyZ

MrStormyZ

Resources:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I've played this map a couple a lot times and do occasionally play it with friends.
    so straight up 5/5 :p
    great efforts has been put in it, you deserve a break now ^^

15. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is 1 of the best melee maps !Good job mate!You was thinking about new race?

16. Lambdadelta

Lambdadelta

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    lolwut? moyack still lives?

17. WerBackIII

WerBackIII

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice modification, however I've found a bug -- the Brutal Lord's ability "Stunning Punch" will knock enemy units in unreachable locations, and the Succubus' ability "Double Attack" would make the Succubus to attack that unit and be stuck. Here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]

Otherwise, a really, really nice modification.

18. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Sorry for my late reply, I was on vacation and I just returned.

No problem :)

Wow!!! thanks for your support, I'm glad you enjoyed it and play it.

So you're proposing me to return to my grave... hmmm :p

Thanks for your words :) About the new race, yes, I was thinking in that, the problem is that it implies a bigger map size and you know, people hates waiting for downloading a map in Battle.net. But the code hs been developed to add a new race when needed.

I understand your question, I do the same question from time to time :p

Hmmmm.... it seems a small bug in the projectile system, I'll try to fix it as soon as possible. Thanks for the reports.

19. MogulKahn

MogulKahn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Can you tell me where can I get this huge transport turtle model?