• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

help! skin won't show!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Help! I made a skin of a necromancer with a purple beard in THE GIMP and then used WC3 Viewer v2.3b and use the "Associate MDX and BLP files after putting the skin on. Then I imported the skin in to the WE but the skin didn't show! Please help me am I using the worng program or something?

Level 1
Ok :D

I was wondering something that you might know... Is the possible to change the menus of Warcraft without destroying the entire warcraft? I mean only change menus in "IN MY OWN MAP"?

Do you know if it's possible?

Level 6
Now I tried the Tech Knight skin (becuase I know it works for some people.) I used the associate .MDX and .BLP, then I exported the .MDX file and put the skin and
the .MDX file on my desktop. I imported the .MDX and the .BLP files to my map, restarted WE and put the model on a peasant, but the skin on the tech knight didn't show up! It was just the normal arthas with forstmourn! The paths I used was:

TechKnight.blp
TechKnight.mdx (the model)
BeamBlade.blp

What did I do wrong? Can someone please tell me? :(

P.S. As soon as I get skins to work I'll be able to put my work up!

Level 13
@BloodElf35: Don't use the associate option! If you're importing a downloaded file than just read the FAQ on how to import the file. If you're creating your own skin, if it's not in BLP use the Convert file option to convert it to BLP and then read the FAQ to know how to import it. Don't use the Associate option!

Status
Not open for further replies.