• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How To Put Skin Onto Models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
When i import the skin into the world edit what do i do?
Firstly i was told to change the file path.
Wat if my skin is just a folder with the .blp inside?
THen after i import, how i make the skin appear inside?
Like maybe the new skin, hero blood mage, i import it.
Then when i wanna go chaneg the model file, they onli hav .mdx file avaliable, i can't use the skin, plz someone help me

Level 1
orite, i found a way to do it, and now i ned the paths of them
Becoz my com is macintosh, i'm unable to use the war3 viewer, so do anyone got the paths of all units? i found one in the wc3 campaign but its not working, i mean the links, so if anyone found it plz send to [email protected]
or if u ofund the application for mac, send me the links too, ty

Rui

Rui

Level 41
For example if the skin is from a sorceress, the path must be units/human/sorceress (or something like this).
If you want to know the path of the units simply do this:

1. Open up the Object Editor.
2. Scroll down until you see Model File.
3. You can put it a different model using the list. Select Sorceress for example and click OK.
4. Open Model File again. I'm sure now you can see the path of the sorceress in Custom:.
5. Now you know the path, open up Import Manager, click on the imported skin and write the path of the sorceress' model.
6. The skin was applied on the model! You're done! The skin should be working now. :wink:

-Rui

Level 1
Hi

I have some little problems whit my skin.
I have mad one from a footman is the pad then units\human\Footman\Footman becouse that dont word

thanks, Gazzag

Level 1
Rui said:
For example if the skin is from a sorceress, the path must be units/human/sorceress (or something like this).
If you want to know the path of the units simply do this:

1. Open up the Object Editor.
2. Scroll down until you see Model File.
3. You can put it a different model using the list. Select Sorceress for example and click OK.
4. Open Model File again. I'm sure now you can see the path of the sorceress in Custom:.
5. Now you know the path, open up Import Manager, click on the imported skin and write the path of the sorceress' model.
6. The skin was applied on the model! You're done! The skin should be working now. :wink:

-Rui

umm i just did that but it didnt work. could you shed more light on this.

please also take into account that i have just started skinning and modding so please give help

Level 1
GOTHIC_FROST-DETHEROC said:
Rui said:
umm i just did that but it didnt work. could you shed more light on this.

I have mad a skin for a footman. So i inport my footmanskin give him the path
units\human\Footman\Footman.blp
but it dont work

meaby i do somthing wrong

Level 10

Click on it!!
Thats what Rui wanted to say , in object editor change the base model with the model u want and click ok.
Then double click again and see at custom field , the path and copy it (without .mdl in the end u will have .blp)

Level 1
Thanks for all help

I thinks i am stupid or somthing becaues it still dont work when I try

I give up

Status
Not open for further replies.