• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Mo'arg Overlord

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
Model is made by FerSZ, texture is made by Murlocologist.
Model done for paired modeling/texturing contest.
Mo'arg Overlord.

Update:
- Fixed some transparency issues.
- Icon added.
Contents

Mo'arg Overlord (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
Excellent mesh and skin and great use of an in-game animation set. Works in-game and performs well. Good job.
Level 12
I have no idea what I could possibly use this for on any of my existing projects, but I will find a way. With a model this awesome, I must.

Jesus Christ, when will ralle bring back the DC rating?

Is the DC rating gone? Clearly I'm very good at this "noticing stuff" thing... >.>

Really is a shame, though. This model truly deserves it. Keep it up.

Level 4
Unholy sh*t! Awesome. It'll take a long time for me to use it in a project, because it doesn't fit in my current ones, but daaaaamn. I'll use it in the future. You done it again FersZ.

EDIT: I love the attention to detail. Like those earrings, for example, something people are not going to pay much attention to in-game, but it really adds to the whole aesthetic of the model and makes it better overall. Small things like that is what makes the difference between a really good model and friggin' great one. Keep it up :)

Last edited:
Level 50
Great job, you two. The animations are nicely chosen and fit very well. The mesh is great, but it has too many vertices for my taste. Just my opinion, even though I know Blizzard updated the map size limit, I just think we could stick to making low poly models for warcraft 3. Considering custom texture I think you could do this model with lesser number of polygons. But that's just me. Overall, great job.

Level 15
This one is obvious winner. While others were also decent, this one has animations from different dimension than the others. You just can't compare them. Great job, guys!

Level 18
This is such an amazing model I'm not even sure how'd I use it. Is he an elite demon? A demonic captain or highlord? Or the leader of demonkind itself? It's so beautiful and unique I feel like just making him a generic infantry unit (even a captain) would be a disservice. He'd make a great lieutenant of the burning hells or the general of the legion army.

But then again, if he were an infantry unit, it'd be a great excuse to let the player see his beautiful model over and over again.

ISL

ISL

Level 13
Well, there goes my vote.

Also reminds me of Stronghold units in HoMM 6. The orcs got a demonic lineage there.

6/5

This is such an amazing model I'm not even sure how'd I use it. Is he an elite demon? A demonic captain or highlord? Or the leader of demonkind itself? It's so beautiful and unique I feel like just making him a generic infantry unit (even a captain) would be a disservice. He'd make a great lieutenant of the burning hells or the general of the legion army.
If I ever do a campaign about demons - this will be my main character. :D