1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sect of the Holy Mother

Submitted by CMarket
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The Sect of the Holy Mother

Welcome to the thrilling story of a man who, despite all his bad luck and losses, pulls through and defeats the ultimate evil.

This is the first part of a series of cinematics(at the time of this submission there are three).

This is my first real cinematic and I hope you enjoy watching it, as I enjoyed making it.
Contents

Sect of the Holy Mother (Map)

Reviews
Captain Griffen: - Iffy English (comma usage, 'Than' should have been 'Then', etc.) - Try to use more neutral team colours; bright red is just...out of place. - Terrain could do with some work, particularly height variation. - Camera is normally...
  1. Captain Griffen:
    - Iffy English (comma usage, 'Than' should have been 'Then', etc.)
    - Try to use more neutral team colours; bright red is just...out of place.
    - Terrain could do with some work, particularly height variation.
    - Camera is normally very still; move it around a bit more, keeps it more interesting.
    - Lots of moments of boredom, where nothing is being moved foreword. Not helped by predictable plot/lines in places.

However, overall this is pretty good - you definately have potential. Work on making stuff more polished (particularly with move orders - do them individually for best results). You had some nice pieces of cinematic work in here.

2. shaun

shaun

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    anyways i loled^^ even tho i did not exactly know why

- the terrain is to flat n dull for my taste
    - camerawork could be improved
    - units always stand in a bunch -> i lost the overall view of the scene sometimes
    (for example: the bloodelfgeneraldude (i dont remember his name) had this strang color around his feet but u barely saw it through the knights n houses 'n all in a sudden he was somewhere else
    --> you should work with special effects more often

i loled when they get their weapons 'n waited for the explaination of their change in appearance
    when he said he got a sword that made his skin green i lol'd again ^^ what an explaination is that^^

at the end music starts (i lol'd again) why dont u use music in the rest of the story?

and i think we all agree: ghosts should not have shadows ^^

anyway;
    lot's of text, lacks of terraining/doodads and special effects;
    => but it was ok overall :D

3. xxdingo93xx

xxdingo93xx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    That are really some wrong details, anyway i liked it. Nice story, but I still don't understand 'Coco' x`D

4. Chain.Max.kill

Chain.Max.kill

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ako si iz srbije mapa je dobra muahahaha
    ja pravim ''DOTA Serbian League''

5. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you all. These have been some helpful comments. Be sure to check out the 2nd and 3rd part of this cinematic, where you will see I have improved(a bit :)). Anyways I will take all these suggestions into account and once again Thank you all!

Oh and guys, be sure to check out the second and third part of my cinematic:

Part II The Three Cults

Part III The House of Dawn

Btw, jesam iz srbije :)

6. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I noticed that a few of you, who are not familiar with the Sect of the Holy Mother, stop watching it after the first part. Id like to say that the first part of the Sect of the Holy Mother was made as my very first cinematic and, although it has a story related meaning to the other parts, it is my least well done.

I would advise you to at least watch part II which shows huge improvement, and any later part which also shows more improvement. So please, dont give up after the first part.

7. Far Aldazar Din

Far Aldazar Din

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wow, I loved it. Only problems I had were the typos and sometimes you had to wait forever. I think you got the "Do you fear death" from the Pirates of the Carribean. The song at the end were Nikola sees his friends dead scared the piss out of me. ^.^

8. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well if you liked this part, every other will be even better, and yes, there are a lot of typos, but my English has improved a lot since then.

9. Thick_Armor

Thick_Armor

Resources:
    Resources:
    Starting to watch the series now! :D

10. Rui

Rui

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Greetings. I am going to use a sketch of the new Cinematic reviewing sheet, so here it goes.

Rui's Review
    [+]Bugs & Otherwise Good: I found no bugs, except a certain thing: when the attack on the village begins (while the Captain is there), there's a delay. Maybe it should have been fixed.
    [+]Special Effects: I didn't see any big effects, but the ones used certainly fit well.
    [+]Imported Material: The Imported material used was fitting. Although I don't think the music was all that necessary, it seems to be low sized so it's nothing to get concerned about.
    [+/-]Camera: The camera was stagnant most of the time, there was not much action about it, but it was decently used.
    [+/-]Music/Sound: The new Human track that came with the Frozen Throne played for a while, I guess it was intentional. It combined well with the images of the mountains, although I don't think it was needed at the start.
    As for the other music, I guess it was OK. I don't really understand why you played "DarkAgents" in that conversation between Nikola and the other guy.
    [+/-]Story & Originality: Another Human village or kingdom that gets attacked by Undead. The usual: tiresome and stuffy.
    The Runesmith, however, was a good addition. About the enchantment... I found it weird, turning a Human into a different race... well, I guess the Runesmith and the Serpent give you the Yellow note here. That and the... different ending.
    [+/-]Terrain: The terrain was OK. Nothing special, I must admit, but it contained the essential for the story.
    Some relevant notes: weird ground texture variation, no elevation at all.
    [-]Screenplay: I'll be honest, I didn't like the screenplay much. It had grammatical bugs to start with, and some speeches were too short and lasted too long. It sounded too traditional and it was boring.

This cinematic is nothing too good, compared to works such as Cult of the Damned and Shipwrecked, but it is not low quality either.
    My rating for this resource is 11/20, approximately 3 (Useful).

~Thank you for using the Hive Workshop

11. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nice, you've started the series :)

Thanks for the review. This grade was expected, the map was my first, but when I return from my vacation I'll be fixing all the grammar and spelling errors, as well as improving camera work for pats 1-3. Anyway I hope you finish viewing all the cinematics.

12. DarkIron Dwarf

DarkIron Dwarf

Resources:
    Resources:
    100000000000000005/5

13. Byaku

Byaku

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like The Sect of the Holy Mother Series.

I rate 5/5

14. Mage_Goo

Mage_Goo

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Nice cinematic,

i like the series.

15. Need_O2

Need_O2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awsome frog "Coco"

16. kids711

kids711

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wooo cinematic HOW

17. Code Lyoko

Code Lyoko

Resources:
    Resources:
    My review of this cinematic:

Terrain/Trees [+]
    Actually trees were custom so that's good, and terrain was OK, at least I think so, I'm not great on rating that...

The story [+]
    Story was good, however, some other people uses this kind of idea that hey, it's the return of the undead :)xxd:), but I don't still call it bad idea.

Humor [+]
    You put some humor into this cinematic, and I actually liked it. Example the Runesmith meeting. Lol how he didn't remember that he talked about Coco? And about the enchantements, they were kinda funny.

Voice acting [+/-]
    I was amazed that there was no voice acting, because I watched your The Lone Panther -cinematic and there everything was voice acted, I wonder is there voice acting on your other cinematics (not listed above).

Custom models, skins and etc... [-]
    Now I was really amazed, because you used alot custom stuff on your The Lone Panther -cinematic, and on this I didn't see anything custom at all. Expect the skins of the 3 "heroes" when they got the enchanted weapons. And cinematics are not as much enjoyable as if there is custom models and etc, than if there ain't nothing. I wonder is on the other cinematics custom models and stuff, not listed above.

Overall 4/5, Recommend. (Voted for your cinematic.)

18. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Sect of the Holy Mother 1 was the first cinematic I ever made and therefore is definitely not as good as the Lone Panther(the 9th cinematic I made).

Every new Sect of the Holy Mother is better and better and later you can see a lot of custom models/skins used.

Even though the first part might not be as good as the Lone Panther please don't stop watching the Sect of the Holy Mother. I am sure you will come to like it in no time as soon as you get to know the characters and the story.

19. Code Lyoko

Code Lyoko

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, I liked this after all, so why I should stop watching the other parts? I dl now the 2nd one. :cool: I believe you that every new is better and better. :thumbs_up: I watch and review all your cinematics.