1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Sect of the Holy Mother 8

Submitted by CMarket
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Read this first!

Well, here it is, the eight and final chapter of the Sect of the Holy Mother series, the Last Savior. I want to thank all of you who supported me. I don't know if would finish this if it had not been for your support and devotion.

I trust that Part 8 will resolve most of your questions but unfortunately(for you) not all of them and it might raise a few new questions.

After you watched part 8 you can send me your questions via PM. The questions can be directly related to the story(e.g. How come somebody didn't do something in part X) or it can be related to the history of characters, towns and things not mentioned in the story. The reason why I want you to send me your questions is because I will create an "interview" in a form of a cinematic when I get back from my vacation. The interview will contain answers to your questions, information on my next project and explanations on why I did certain things in my SotHM series.

Well, that's enough from me, enjoy the Sect of the Holy Mother 8 - The Last Savior.
Oh, and I would suggested setting music volume to max and sound volume to about 80-90%.

Keywords:
Sect, Cult, Action, Hell, Devil, Holy Mother, Death, Life, Final, Fun, Cinematic, Destruction
Contents

Sect of the Holy Mother 8 (Map)

Reviews
21:45, 6th Aug 2008 Ash: NB: Septimus, the creator requested I review it. Sect of the Holy Mother 8 is the final part in a long series of Cinematics. Throughout creation, this series has gotten better and better, and this one is certainly no...
  1. 21:45, 6th Aug 2008
    Ash: NB: Septimus, the creator requested I review it.

Sect of the Holy Mother 8 is the final part in a long series of Cinematics. Throughout creation, this series has gotten better and better, and this one is certainly no exception.

There are, of course, a few minor flaws. For example, on several occasions the camera flew through surfaces and we heard sounds of a unit before we saw them (death animations, avatar, etc). On top of that, the grammar could do with some touch ups.

All in all though, there really isn't much I can pick this cinematic up on. This is, well and truly, a great show. We feel emotions for the characters, the combat system is great -- especially compared to WC3 standards -- and the music is used to an exceptional effect.

It is somewhat of a gibbon that some anti-climatic moments will happen, the final battle being the main one, but this is hardly noticeable when compared to the rest of the movie. I should also add that anti-climatics are, pretty much, expected in wc3; you don't have the freedom to edit absolutely everything.

Summing this up; it's a must see for fans of WC3-styled cinematic-shows. It rounds the series off to a tee, and leaves you with just the right amount of info to wonder if a sequel-series is possible. Something which, I'm sure, not only myself hopes for. Well done on an exceptional series; bring on the boxset!

4/5

Septimus : Ash, I hope you don't mind me changing the rating to 5.

Actually, I do.

2. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First DL from me xD

brb watching.

Edit: Ah, seems abit boring and rushed, worser then you last one. Fights coulda been better. Oh well. Still pretty good.

PS.
    Spoiler!!
    Obviously, He still had to play the role of nariatior at the end. I dunno why he was so confused.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  3. AntoMarc

AntoMarc

Resources:
    Resources:
    ah I have want to post first xD I watching this now :grin:

4. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    septimus, ASH is gonna moderate this.

5. lord_ken

lord_ken

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can see that in the near moments i see this.. I will SCREAM!! Due to the Hell, Devil categories. I will tell you what i think of it after i finish Bugs: Some *Ahem* went through a wall. I got a bit confused. The... *Ahem* Stomped across without any sounds to cover it up. And... Finally... LOL!

6. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sect of the Holy Mother 8 is the final part in a long series of Cinematics. Throughout creation, this series has gotten better and better, and this one is certainly no exception.

There are, of course, a few minor flaws. For example, on several occasions the camera flew through surfaces and we heard sounds of a unit before we saw them (death animations, avatar, etc). On top of that, the grammar could do with some touch ups.

All in all though, there really isn't much I can pick this cinematic up on. This is, well and truly, a great show. We feel emotions for the characters, the combat system is great -- especially compared to WC3 standards -- and the music is used to an exceptional effect.

It is somewhat of a gibbon that some anti-climatic moments will happen, the final battle being the main one, but this is hardly noticeable when compared to the rest of the movie. I should also add that anti-climatics are, pretty much, expected in wc3; you don't have the freedom to edit absolutely everything.

Summing this up; it's a must see for fans of WC3-styled cinematic-shows. It rounds the series off to a tee, and leaves you with just the right amount of info to wonder if a sequel-series is possible. Something which, I'm sure, not only myself hopes for. Well done on an exceptional series; bring on the boxset!

4/5

7. NinjaDino

NinjaDino

Resources:
    Resources:
    map is awesome, story is great 5/5
    Whole series is awesome, your getting better by every cinematic

8. Septimus

Septimus

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Review
    Notice & Contact
    This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus.
    If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this [​IMG]Visitor Message.

Map Review
    1) Terrain - Excellent (5)
    2) Ingenuity - Not Available
    3) Minor Error - Good (4)
    4) Replay Value - Good (4)
    5) Fun factor/gameplay - Not Available
    6) Use of imported material - Excellent (5)
    7) Single player - Not Available
    8) AI support - Not Available
    9) Camera - Excellent (5)
    10) Originality - Excellent (5)
    11) File Size - Excellent (5)
    12) Balancing - Not Available
    13) Packaging - Excellent (5)
    14) Credits - Excellent (5)
    15) Storyline - Excellent (5)
    16) Theme - Excellent (5)
    17) Protection - Excellent (5)
    18) Quality - Excellent (5)
    19) Description/Information - Good (4)
    20) Hiveworkshop rules & regulation - Excellent (5)

Total Accumulate Point : 72/75 * 100 = 96

[+] -
    [!] -
    [-] - The conversation dialog goes too fast, can you please slow it down a bit ?
    [-] - I think I found some typo error, I would send you the private message along with the screenshot.

Rating & Miscellaneous information
    Score - 96/100
    Rating - 5/5
    Condition - Very Good
    Status - Approve
    Review - 1

Reminder
    The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else.
    Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this [​IMG]Visitor Message.

9. Mechmap

Mechmap

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So the last part of these series are finally out. Though I personally think part 7 is better than this one because of the battle scenes, it aint bad in this one either. Its just that I was expecting some kind of spectacular final battle and then it only was that he killed the cultists. Of course it would be very hard to kill a 50 meter high old god with a half meter sword or something.

10. tunerband

tunerband

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Like your other movies. Realy good!!! Nice terrain, good story, very good! +rep

11. X.e.r.e.X

X.e.r.e.X

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well what more could I say than that this was seriously awesome... once again :p
    I really don't have any major complaints, but why did Richard had to die T_T? He deserved so much more... And why were i last on the credits? >.<
    Otherwise it was amzing :) 5/5

12. Wildream

Wildream

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice ending and congrats on the completion of such a great cinematic. I would like to share some opinions with you:

1. The dialogue speed seems to be faster than usual, my brother missed certain texts especially during those scenes where characters trade many words.

2. That musketeer model makes the character looks as if he lacks confidence (the way he slouches and keep rubbing his nose).

3. I think this chapter is quite short for an ending, I expected it to be longer. Maybe it's just me, you know, I hope good stuff lasts longer.

Anyway it's a fantastic cinematic which I'll remember for life. Looking forward to see your future works, all the best man,

13. AntoMarc

AntoMarc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here its my review :
    [+] Very good story it was a bit sad at ending for me I want more parts . the story was in theme near all time probable sometimes it start a bit confusing but it was back again in the other part not like some serials who have good story but it starts to be out of theme and confusing
    [+] Terrain was good ( probable great ) I like to see custom doodads , trees
    [+] Custom models and imports this things are always nice to see .
    [+] Music & sounds are good it creates a nice atmosphere and they fits with story
    [+] Good combat system & actions the battle with the hell knights or what are they was awesome
    [+] At overall camera was good it some parts could be more good
    [+] The credits are fun and original
    [-] Some dialogs were very fast I don't know why Nikola don't kill Karolina because I can't read but the others fast dialogs are short ( near 5 words )

My comment : Awesome cinematic If the dialog was little slow a bit I will give a 6/5 now a 4.9/5 or 5/5 , Good use of imports music/models/skins . I want more parts of this cinematic . Good job and + rep

14. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    I shall start my view of this last part of this wonderful cinematic,then followed by a small review!

Edit*

Yeah,just as my expectations,the final part wraps it all up,thumbs up CM!

Well,as I promised,a review:

[+]The storyline fits well as an ending,very epic and very emotionally bond!
    [+]Pretty neat scenes,such as digging for Nikola and Karolina or when the corprass killed Richard.
    [+]The terrain was good
    [+]It was also scary and contained some humor,a pretty rare combination.
    [+]If people observed,there were many so-called NPC's from the other parts and I found that scene ,where the Scout hunted down raccoons( Dag nab it! ) It was very funny!
    [/]Too many man to man confrontations
    [/]Those moans from well were pretty scary,but they were repeating and became boring
    [/]Why didn't you added a more elaborate battle?
    [/]Some camera issues,as when they talked about a person,that person was not in the scene.Or when Nikola said something,his head was not in the scene!
    [/]Unit issues,they passed a bit too much trough walls and objects,it was a bit too obvious!
    [/]The Holy Mother was a ''Holy Father'' Efreet!
    [-]The dialogue ; now why did you made so huge dialogues at such a high speed? And some writing problems.All in all,I really think that the '' - '' shouldn't even be here,but oh well!

Overall: It deserves the 6/5,come on!
    Those scenes were pure briliant and I dont quite get why did it got a 4/5?
    At least a 5/5,would of ended the whole saga in glory!

15. UreDe4D

UreDe4D

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    again awesome work, looking forward to your next cinematics

16. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah, but was it not the Serpent that said in part 1 that mortals refer to the Holy Mother as the Red Devil. Almost all of you expected the Holy Mother to be a lady of some kind but in truth the Serpent already told you what he was in the very first part.

Seriously. Some people, more action oriented might have liked part 7 better, but that does not make this part bad, it just makes it less better to those people.

17. JansiGX

JansiGX

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You made good ending. 5/5.
    I can't say much different about good and bad points but one thing was strange. Why Nicola didn't change back into human form in the afterlife like his friend did?

And did Holy Mother really were killed at the end? Nikola only killed remaining cultists that would mean death for Serpent.

18. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey don't be upset at me,everything must have a touch of imperfection

19. creyzi4zb12

creyzi4zb12

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    rex

very good...one of the best I've seen....I give this a 5/5 mainly because of two things.
    great storyline
    there were some triggers that I didn't know how to do :p