• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Sect of the Holy Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hi all!

Just wanted to inform you that I have uploaded my Sect of the Holy Mother cinematics and I will be looking forward to your feedback :)

The Sect of the Holy Mother Series

Part I
Part II The Three Cults
Part III The House of Dawn
Part IV Allies and Enemies
Part V The High Council
Part VI Black Riverside
Part VII The Siege of Zambilion
Part VIII The Last Savior

These are my first cinematics(which you can see from the first two parts), but I improved a lot which you can see in part III and any of the following.

Currently working on the second part of my new cinematic series, The Lone Panther.

The Lone Panther Series

Chapter 1: Blackened History

Note: People that have already watched parts I and II on maps & mods can notice that I've fixed a lot of spelling and grammar errors as well as improved the terrain(by a bit).

Once again I hope you like it :)

Last edited:
Level 12
Well good that you have improved the first 2 cinematics a bit.

About the 3rd cinematic I think it was quite nice with the way you did the terrain, do you know a tutorial on how to move things up and place doodads like you did on the balcones? The cinematic itself was still a good story just improved but still needs work.

Level 14
Well for the balcony I used a table.mdx(removed it's legs first) on a shurb(so that it is walkable) Then I put it up by tapping Page Up. After that I put invisible platforms(you can find them in the we) and just put some people below the table thing and add a fence. When you load your map the people will be transported on the "balcony". Not really a tutorial, but thats how I did it.

Also, what did you mean by "needs work". I'm not saying anything, I just don't know what you mean specificly. Anyway thanks for the feedback :)

Level 12
Well, what I mean is that nobody can be perfekt.. well maybe the last CotN is but Deamonkillar is legendary (for me in any case). Like the zombies all died in one blow without any special effect, there were the same zombies only. Some of the zombies didnt even look at them in the begining. Just little things that we dont really notice the first time but we notice second time.

Level 14
Nah, it is ok that you told me this, I actually didn't notice that the zombies were standing so randomly. Anyways I uploaded the update, zombies now face the player and there is a small special effect when they die. Still using 1 type of zombie since I think blizz zombie is kind of dumb.

Level 14
I will be releasing part IV when I get back from a small vacation. I just need to finish the last one or two scenes and to test it a few times all together and to think up a good name for the subtitle :), so you can expect Part IV in about a week, maybe a few days more.

Level 6
nice cinematics, i see youre improving in making cinematics
will you make 4 sequal cause that dude that made lazarus story didn continue aand it was pretty good, and two maps when zombies kill humans or something like that
they both didnt contine
but you make four maps!!
how much you done in 4 sequal??
and remove boring books and reading, and long black fades, its too long

Level 14
The map is done, now I just need to watch it once or twice more. Anyway this part brings a couple of good battles, a couple of new characters(as well as some old ones), and a few resolved mysteries. Suffice to say that the plot thickens.

The only bad thing about it is the terrain(especially at the begining) because most of the cinematic is in the mountain. However I promise that the terrain will be a lot better in Part 5.

Anyway you can expect Part 4 tonight.

Level 12
NinjaDino.. Well, Lazaruz Tale might be continued. I've realized after trying making a campaign that I dont understand it enough. Cinematics is basicly what I can do, reason why I quit the 3rd part was because I was gonna use imported music and it kept messing it up with errors and such things.

+ with the 3rd part I was thinking making it better quality then the others but we'll see if it sees the light of day won't we?

Edit: Oh, and CMarket or nikola it might be, I dont mind to test your coming cinematics if you want.

The music is still messing it up and I got no idea why.

Last edited:
Level 6
yeah i know music bugs, i manage to remove them(im doing cinematic too)
some tipes of sounds cannot be played in wc3, i edited couple of my sounds and it works perfectly, you need to import music and in sound editor choose if is it music or sound, its really important you choose right for that tipe
ps i made also one playable map now im gonna make avesome cinematic =)
terrain in first part vas very good
@cmarket good that youre making progres=)

Level 12
Do you mean with the Terrain in first part was very good that the terrain in Lazaruz Tale Part 1 is actually good? When I look back now I think it sux. But thats what I've learned, never make it huge...

Edit: Maybe I should do a new cinematic, start over again, fresh... A serius one...

Level 6
forest had lot of trees and lot of difrent terrain, i told you im doing cinematic and i wanted to be my own voice actor then i realise i suck at talking english, my voice come up all wrong =( my hopes are crushed but ill make it anyway
im seacond to download your map, so that means that people cant wait for sequal and you should do more cinematics
terrain in lazarus is good but story is rlly funny =)

Level 14
I am not sure yet. I am thinking a minimum would be 6, although it is plausable it may go up to 7 and maybe even more(although unlikely). Most likely there will be 7 parts, but if I get a good idea to prolongue it by the time I reach the 7th part there will be more :)

Downloading them now, Ill edit the post later!

Well, its so long I forgot the bad parts.

Mainly, you need to work on spelling and grammar. Also, when the group of guards came, they were not in formation, and they all went into a pile. (In the first one.)

Its pretty good storyline, but the text takes too long to go by.

Last edited:
Level 14
The last few days I had more time to work on my map and everything went smooth and fast. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that the Sect of the Holy Mother 5 will be arriving at the Hive soon.

In case you didn't watch the first four parts do so now. The Sect of the Holy Mother part five resolves a few mysteries from the last four parts as well as thickens the plot some more. It will be a long cinematic(didn't time it yet), but it wont be longer then part IV. Well anyways I don't want to give any spoilers, just wanted to inform you guys.

EDIT: The Sect of the Holy Mother Part V - The High Council is released! Here is the list which you can find in my signature as well:
The Sect of the Holy Mother Series
Part I
Part II The Three Cults
Part III The House of Dawn
Part IV Allies and Enemies
Part V The High Council

Cheers,

Nikola

Last edited:
Level 12
Watched it and I must say youre getting better at this for every cinematic you make. I liked the tavern scene with the creature. But as always I got to give you a little complaining about the terrain. :) But dont let that stop you! Keep going, I want the entire story and after that a remake of the originals.

Level 14
Thank you, Mechmap.
As for Part VI well, you'll have to wait for that a bit, in fact, because all my exams are comming now, I wont work on it at all(well, maybe just a little bit) in the next 4 weeks. But then I'll have summer brake and I'll be working on my cinematics. However don't let that fool you, I might find some time(if I'm lucky) to work on it within the next 4 weeks so I just might release it sooner then planned.

Well anyway thanks for your support!

Level 14
Well, I was working on another project, for another game because I grew tired of the World Editor and warcraft as a whole. Then about 5 months later I grew tired of that project and decided to go back to warcraft and seeing as how part III was already 60-70% done, I thought I'd finish it and see how it turns out. When I saw how it was accepted by the community I got motivated to make part IV and to finish the whole series.

So really, it's you, my "fans" who keep me going :)

Level 12
Lucky you. I can nearly never finish a cinematic anymore because the quality gets worse as it becomes more and more finished. It just gets boring and irretating that i cant import music without it screwing it up.

Level 14
I am pleased to announce that my school is ending this week and I'll be free to work on my map these days. Just a few last minute exams to go and I'll be free this weekend. I don't want to give any exact release date but I can tell you that the Sect of the Holy Mother part VI will be comming out around the begining of July, possibly sooner.

If you haven't watched the first 5 parts yet make sure you do it because the story is connected with each and every part released.

Level 14
Actually there is a difference between county and country. A county is a smaller part of a country(such as the 50 states of america).

On a side note the Sect of the Holy Mother VI is finished, unfortunately just as I was about to test it for the last time the power went out and my computer broke down. I am taking it to service tomorrow and, if all goes well, I will get it the next day or the day after(God I hope it wont be longer). I wish I created a back up of the latest version, but I have a backup of the 85% complete version and if my computer needs a new hard disk or something I'll have to finish this version on my laptop.

Talk about bad luck...

Level 14
If anybody is talented with drawings and photoshop, or has a friend that is, contact me because I need to make a map of the world in which the story is situated. I've tried to do it myself but I'm not that good. I don't need a master piece, just an Oblivion-like map in which you can see the difference between a plain, a mountain and a sea. Contact me if you are interested to get more info.

EDIT:
Me too, but I doubt it, at least, on this forum. Do you maybe know a forum that is about making old maps, or just some pro drawing or something where I might post this request?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 14
Well it isn't really that fast, I just forgot to update my siggy. And yes I read your review and thank you for the tip.

My biggest problem now is that I can't create good terrain at the place where the House of Dusk and the army of Red Stone will meet because it needs to be a wide field with no or very little doodads. The only thing I can do is make the terrain a little lumpy and add 3-4 tile variations. Any tips?

Level 24
Well if it's gonna be a battlefield then you can't do much in there expect use much of tile variatons as possible and maybe some small rocks and stuff like that. Well if he main point there is war at that scene then many won't be able to see much of the terrain anyway, cause of the large armies :eek:

CMarket said:
Wait, you don't think you need too, or you don't think you watched the latest part?
Ohfine, I *want* to not need to then.

Allthough the whole theme of the storyline is...ehh... they are still interesting in some ways.
Only thing that makes me not sure is:
"[-] The final ending of this cinematic seem to contain some XXX part which is not a good thing especially there is some minor playing warcraft as well. But of well, at least it is censored"

Level 14
I still sort of don't understand you, but if I understood correctly you don't want to watch it. Of course fell free to do what you want, but I believe that it will entertain you.

Yeah and the sentence isn't even vulgar or anything. Sure enough the mod, Septimus, degraded my map which lasts around 30 minutes(1800 seconds) because of a 2 second non-vulgar sentence(which means he degraded my map by 20% because of a part that is 0.11% of my whole cinematic).

2552-sect-holy-mother-7.jpg

Coming out on the 14th(Maybe 15th) of July

P.S. This wont be the loading screen since I like to keep consistent and because none of my previous SotHM had a loading screen, neither will this one.

Level 14
I don't know...I want to, but I also want to keep consistent, which is why I never changed the minimap preview. Hmm...I don't know. The fact of the matter is that I will take about two weeks, when I finish the Sect of the Holy Mother, to fix all the spelling errors in the cinematics, as well as add more camera movement for parts 1,2 and 3, and then I'll probably add the loading screens. Hmm...I just don't know...Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Level 8
I think larger image that you use for minimap would be good for loading screen because it fits good to all parts of cinematic. And if you are going to put all maps in one champaign than we will not be able to see minimap anyway.

EDIT:
So how long will it take to make part 8? Part 7 ended in a place that annoyingly screams for more :D
And what exactly will be your next project?

Level 14
Hmm...I guess you could expect part 8 around the start of August. As for my next project, I don't want to give any spoilers yet. When I do half of the first part of my next project I'll make a trailer and submit it on youtube and then post the link here, but don't expect anything before September.

I am proud :) Too bad some noob felt the need to ruin my perfect score by submitting a grade of 1! :(

EDIT:
I agree that something should be done about it, but I can't really bother Ralle anytime soon because I already bored him with the 4/5 problem regarding the 6th part(at least my rating was changed to 5/5 :))

The second reason why I am posting this post is because I want to share something with you. I started this about two weeks ago, but when my system crashed it got deleted and now I made it again. It is a map of the world where the story of the Sect of the Holy Mother(and my next project) is situated.

2754-sothm-map.jpg

Note that I didn't add anything not mentioned in the story(except the name of the islands in the middle of the sea). As the story moves along I will add new towns, mountains, rivers and so on.

Level 12
Im very impressed CMarket! Why would you need a guy to do a map for you?

But unfortunatly, some things dont make sense. Like:

Raindrop Mountain is where Nikola was in chapter 5 (Leaving it), and Black Riverside in chapter 6. But Black Riverside is north of Raindrop Mountain and he was traveling to Red Stone at that point wasnt he?

The land Braintree just sounds wierd! I would suggest changing it to something like Branteer or something else.

You also sad you didnt add anything not related to the story but the lands around like Arabel, Residor, Belsom and a few others. But this those not really have anything to do with the map, its just something I've pointed out.

Other than that is looks nice like hell except a few more towns here and there would be nice. As well as rivers and mountains and forests! Give more work on it and this map should be ready for showtime!

Level 14
Well Arabel is mentioned in part VII when William explains where the stompers originate from. As for Black Riverside when the cult was destroyed Richard and Karolina were on the side of the mountain closer to Red Stone and Nikola was on the opposite side. He went up, or in the map's case West so that he could go around the mountain and through Miridin's Forest. I guess I could change the name Braintree, but the word is not supposed to mean Brain + tree, it's just a random name I used(I think there is a town in England called Braintree). Residor and Belsom are also mentioned in part V when Admiral Chronicle is talking about how he has been in the war against these two counties. I added the countries(note: countries, not counties) Ristix, Ornusager and Licentia because I didn't want to end up with two islands(Arabel and the other with all the counties).

Level 8
Drawing map like this doesn't change that it's like Europe and Africa if you ask me. But I'm still impressed about your work so it doesn't mater to me.

Don't you think that making it look like Warcraft world will make everyone think about it like they think about warcraft? If I understand everything right than world you are making is inhabited only by humans unlike Warcfat world.

Level 14
I am currently blocked at one part of the Sect of the Holy Mother 8. It is supposed to be a short(1-3 minutes) battle scene where Nikola fights five demonic humanoids that carry a sword, 3 of them being in front of him and 2 of them behind him. To the left and right is small pit.

Since this really isn't a major battle and is more of a "filler" I want you to come up with a scenario on how Nikola should fight these 5 demons. I don't want a map with triggers or anything, just a summary of how the battle should go. You can give the demons any fire based spell such as Breath of Fire, shockwave, etc.

MOST IMPORTANT - Do not post your summaries here!!! Send them to me via pm and I'll have a look at them.

Even though I have an ok idea on what should be done, I want you to pm me your ideas and see if they are better. The owners of the best 2-3 ideas will get +rep, and the one I choose to be in the Sect of the Holy Mother 8 will get +rep twice and his name will be mentioned in the credits as well.

So remember, don't post your ideas here and make sure you make a detailed summary(not something like: "I think he should blink and kill 2 guys then blink back and kill 1 more then push the two remaining into the pits"). I want as much detail as possible. Imagine that you watched an epic battle scene in a movie and you want to explain it to me so that I can visualize it exactly like in the movie even though I didn't watch it.

Oh, note that you don't have to include the pits in the combat scene.

Last edited:
Level 14
Ok, so I choose the winner, but I won't tell you who he is(I won't tell him/her either). I will give approximately four or five of you +rep as a "second place" trophy and I will give the winner the 2nd rep point when the cinematic is released, plus his name will be in the credits.

Anyway my computer is coming on Monday so that is when I will continue to work on my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.