• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Sect of the Holy Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Alright. Well it was close between you, XereX, and NearbyHermit. In the end I choose your idea because it was much more simple, which this battle required seeing as it is just a filler and not any major event.

Level 24
Well,this was my idea:

Hello CM,as I recall from that post,this is suppose to be a battle of small proportions where Nikola is surrounded by 5 Demons,sugestively two are on the back and 3 from the front!

Well,here is my try!
Consider this PM as my submission:
First of all,look at these two images and focus on them,it will aid your imagination:
blademaster.gif

Our character Nikola,the human that shattered the whole Sect and each cult!
dreadlord.gif

This Dreadlord sudgests the appearance of those 5 Human-Demons!

Well,the Intro will be that Nikola gets surrounded by these 5.A slight conversation begins and in the wake of the conversation,one of them( one of those two from the back ) gets upset and attacks Nikola.
uYFMhF925778-02.jpg

- Nikola parries the attack of that Dreadlord and swiftly cuts him ,leaving him injured on the ground!
FC6DMc394208-02.jpg

- Then in a burst of courage Nikola front-attacks the one left alone at his back,this one blocks Nikola's first sword attack,then Nikola head strikes him ,the Dreadlord backs off.
bnrNC9887690-02.jpg

- The others start to attack him,all 4 at once are now against him.
CHrF2z846278-02.jpg

- As you said,they have fire abilities ,and they all start to shoot fire balls at him,while he parries all those fire balls ,one of the Dreadlords ,ventures trough all those flames and strikes Nikola ,knock-backing him a short distance behind,leaving him on flat on the ground.
FEnYVQ277279-02.jpg

oj1Dof320187-02.jpg

- Then they all fire,as restless as they can, many globes of flame at him,the moment seems that Nikola is doomed under a fiery death!
4PU64U223449-02.jpg

- In the burning inferno,a shadow is seen,it is Nikola and he spins ,countering many of those flames back at the Dreadlords.
cOA2fz604014-02.jpg

- Then while these Dreadlords burn,Nikola steps in the flame and cuts them all,to what it seemed to be a victory!

- But,trough those flames of victory,Nikola sights the fifth drealord,lingering trough that burning fire,eager to fight Nikola until death!
5nAZPa284186-02.jpg

They both talk a bit,then start to fight again!

- The Dreadlord fires a shockwave at Nikola,he dissapears and appears behind the Dreadlord.
YucFoL122382-02.bmp

K1vVoD010469-02.jpg

- The Dreadlord jumps afront and leaves flames behind that explode in front of Nikola,hurlings smoldering lava across the area and leaving Nikola already heavily burned from previous Dreadlord attacks!
oObhTY454333-02.jpg

- Then ,knowing that his enemy is down and not able to fight properly,he recklessly attacks Nikola and while running towards him,he steps in those lava tufts ,runs trough those flames.When he reaches Nikola and attacks him,Nikola blocks with his sword on the confusion of the Dreadlord!

- Then the Dreadlord curiosly asks Nikola :
- ''How are you able to even raise your hand,you are heavily bleeding and more dead,than alive,explain this!''

''Well,in your moment of glory,you could of killed me easily,but,as I saw at your comrades,you arent immune to the Fiery Magic that you use.So,you went trough all those flames injuring and almost killed yourself,in that moment you were just full of pride,you are dying!

Dreadlord,join us,let us stop the awakening of the Holy Mother,you and your comrades are down and need medical treatment at once!

Come and with your strength,we may stop the Holy Mother's awakening and end this nightmare once and for all!

- '' *Laughs* Nikola,how can you be so foolish?
The awakening is inevitable,the Holy Mother will come back,you of all men who ventured trough so much horror and fear,should know better!

There is no good left into this world,we are just rotten apples in a rotten tree,there is no good anymore !?!
But,you! You should deserve better...

A good person like you shouldnt care for those outlaws,you are better,think of it.The Holy Mother has the power to bring your beloved one back to life .... ''

- ''.... Luna ! ''

- '' Yes,think of it you and Luna all alone in a world of your own .We will purge all of this world of evil,with the power of the Holy Mother.Think Nikola,you and .... Luna,she gave her life,so that you must live,repay her offering''

- '' Luna ... she gave her life,for what was best,stopping you ,for you and all the others to respond in front of Justice.I will not let you bring the Holy Mother life,just to avenge Luna and all those persons that died to stop it! ''

-'' Fool,then die in the flames of Hell,that's where you're going ... ''

79yG7t513385-02.jpg

- Then the Dreadlord starts a powerfull explosion that blows for miles away.Everything dies around that area,even the Dreadlord comrades,they were left to ashes.

- Thinking he won,the Dreadlord speaks:

'' See Nikola,you could of survived and now you would of holded Luna in your arms.... ''

Then, a voice is heard from behind :

''The only one that is going to hold something,is you,holding your own sins,while you pass on trough hell ''

Then Nikola deals a fatal slash to the already half dying Dreadlord.

cM6kUN099527-02.jpg

Then the Dreadlord,in his last breath,he says:

'' Nikola,this isnt your battle,my death wont matter.As I said,the awakening is inevitable,I worn you,the horror will be unleashed into this world and it carries the face of a woman and by far she is stronger than me .... You chose a dangerous path,one that you cannot win against''

At the end,the Dreadlord dies,the remnats are Nikola and a valley burned to the ash,but after this battle... Nikola got stronger and willing more and more to stop the Holy Mother!

ftF.dd927719-02.jpg

Level 14
World of Warcraft much? Besides, even though the world on the map is as big as the one in World of Warcraft(which is very small), my world is more like the Elder Scrolls one: http://www.imperial-library.info/maps/EmpireOfTamriel.gif

So, Arabel would be something like Summerset Isles, Valenwood would be something like the counties, Cyrodil something like Licentia, etc. Besides I don't want to copy anybody, not even Tamriel and I did not get any inspiration from either the WoW map or TES one.

well i most say the chapters are epic.i think for what u tell.. im going to download it..im also planing to make an epic history but in a map..multiplayer the idea is that it have more than 300 heros -_- something difficult to make^^ but thats not the important it will have better creeps and some zones where are only ollowed heros.. in that zones u can get epic items and tomes..but daring incredible enemies..i best end it a let of talk..i want to make it im for the 5%^^ but i need to trigger it a los so im going to the basic (heros and units fixes) and then i add the new races and all that..when it get to be ended im going to let anyone modify it. my avatar is an icon i made for a hero

Level 14
I have a few good names in mind, but nothing specific at the moment. The thing is that, since this is the last chapter, I can use 2-3 names that generalize the whole series or I can use 2-3 names that generalize the 8th chapter only.

Level 14
That doesn't make a lot of sense...I am not showing a bunch of random races into my world. The only race here is the human race, excluding the animals, and the undead, which really aren't a race but rather summoned creatures, as are demons.

Level 14
Seriously dude, when I get a hosted project forum from Ralle there will be a special place to post your suggestions regarding my next project. The Sect of the Holy Mother is finished in my head, there is no more room, unless I want part VIII to last an hour. Anyway I can't tell you when it is coming out. The progress speed is good, so I guess you can expect it by the 10th of August, if not sooner(if there are no complications). I will give you an exact date in about a week.

Level 14
Well, actually for both, but in one forum of course. Because it is the same world I will add a sub-forum where people can discuss the SotHM. Problem is I can't think up of a good name to unite the SotHM and my next project(who's name I also don't know yet :p) because SotHM is basiclly a battle against the lord of evil and his minions with other events entangled in the story and my next project will be a story about courage, wit, intelligence, bliss and dementia. I don't want to talk about my next project yet but suffice to say that the only thing in common with the Sect of the Holy Mother is the world in which it is situated in and it's creator and since I can't create a hosted project forum called CMarket's work(or something) I am left with the world it is located in.

Level 13
I watched the first part and tought aww this sux...then i looked like this was geting popular and watched the last episode. Huge improvement!

that last cinematic was great. best cinematic iv ever seen. so keep up the good work. i would +rep you if i had more rep

Level 14
yea...first sucked so hard
Hey! Don't be rude. It might not have been the best cinematic, but I doubt you could do any better as your first map ever.

I dont think missing the story really made much difference.

That's because you did not watch the 5 parts in between. I don't know if you are old enough to appreciate the depth of the story, the defined characters and the plot itself. That's the thing with my cinematics, they have a plot which you can understand to the fullest only if your mind is on a higher level. Sure, everybody can still experience it, but only the select few can understand every single aspect of it without watching it more then once.

Level 14
Oh, I understand. Well it is a good idea but I can't really run a small scene of us dining in hell(300 much?) and the credits at the same time, or can I? I'll see what I can come up with, but I doubt it.

Level 12
No no no no no... Dont do the credit thing in the cinematic. Do a seperate map with only credits for all the cinematics and then put all the cinematics + credits in a campaign and upload those instead.

Level 14
Nah, I won't put it in a campaign. However I will proly create a short interview in the form of a cinematic in which I will explain some of my actions, give some info on my next project and help people better understand a few aspects of the SotHM. So if you have any questions about the story, send me a pm, BUT only after you've watched part 8 because I am sure that there will be many resolved questions in it.

Level 12
Nah, I won't put it in a campaign. However I will proly create a short interview in the form of a cinematic in which I will explain some of my actions, give some info on my next project and help people better understand a few aspects of the SotHM. So if you have any questions about the story, send me a pm, BUT only after you've watched part 8 because I am sure that there will be many resolved questions in it.

Can I be the Interviewer? :grin:

Level 14
Alright. Here is the deal. I will release the 8th part in a few hours and then when you guys watch it, if there is still something you don't understand PM me. PM ME, don't post it here or in any other topic. Then I will make a list of the most frequently asked questions and include them in the interview cinematic. Now, I will start that cinematic around the end of August since I am going on vacation in about a week and I won't be back till about the 25th.

In that cinematic I will answer your questions, give info on my next project and discuss why I did certain things in the SotHM series.

In the past, each cinematic was better then the last. This one was, if anything, a bit worse then the last one -- but that doesn't mean it was bad.

Mostly, it seems like it was just there to finish the storyline. It didn't seem like it was very motivated. The fights were worse then fights in other cinematics, he put no more effort into killing the biggest badguy then any other person in the entire series.

Part 7 was great, the best in the series, allthough not perfect, it would take alot more to get this one to compare too it. :smile:

It had a few bugs too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.