• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sect of the Holy Mother 8

Read this first!

Well, here it is, the eight and final chapter of the Sect of the Holy Mother series, the Last Savior. I want to thank all of you who supported me. I don't know if would finish this if it had not been for your support and devotion.

I trust that Part 8 will resolve most of your questions but unfortunately(for you) not all of them and it might raise a few new questions.

After you watched part 8 you can send me your questions via PM. The questions can be directly related to the story(e.g. How come somebody didn't do something in part X) or it can be related to the history of characters, towns and things not mentioned in the story. The reason why I want you to send me your questions is because I will create an "interview" in a form of a cinematic when I get back from my vacation. The interview will contain answers to your questions, information on my next project and explanations on why I did certain things in my SotHM series.

Well, that's enough from me, enjoy the Sect of the Holy Mother 8 - The Last Savior.
Oh, and I would suggested setting music volume to max and sound volume to about 80-90%.

Keywords:
Sect, Cult, Action, Hell, Devil, Holy Mother, Death, Life, Final, Fun, Cinematic, Destruction
Contents

Sect of the Holy Mother 8 (Map)

Reviews
21:45, 6th Aug 2008 Ash: NB: Septimus, the creator requested I review it. Sect of the Holy Mother 8 is the final part in a long series of Cinematics. Throughout creation, this series has gotten better and better, and this one is certainly no...
Level 8
Can't wait until that cinematic release

This cinematic is the greatest cinematic i ever watch . Maybe that Lone Panther cinematic will be better than this cinematic.

Level 2
I'm the first:

Well,it rocks as an overall!

I can say that the theme was well chose,Assassins are great story characters.I'm glad to find it so related to Sothm.

And,what can I say,the voice acting was the killer piece!

Yes it is man he's the best in series what can we say?KEEP IT :thumbs_up:

Level 37
As we know, I'm always busy with the campaign I'm making, but today, finally it was the time to watch someone else's cinematic. CMarket, I watched your cinematic and here is my review about your cinematic:

So, I'm pretty accurate with reviews, so keep your brains cool when you are reading the text. I'm only here to show you my opinion about the game and try to give you ideas to improve the game itself. Let's go to your cinematic now.

Positive Sides: These things are good sides of the cinematic.

- Dialog seems to be quite okay.
- Terrain was pretty good in some parts.
- The cinematic is almost in the stage where you can actually to know the character and it's feelings.
- Some nice models, especially that "mother" but it didn't look like a mother at all.

Negative Sides: These things are somehow bad and should be improved.

- First of all, cheap cameras. Cameras are made very poorly. Each scene has only about two cameras.
- Terrain is bad in some parts. That lava terrain at first was simply pathetic.
- You didn't have almost at all custom music which is very needed for own made cinematic.
- Too much dialog, which means too long cinematic, which means the cinematic starts to be boring after some time.
- Fight scenes are not as awesome I was expecting.
- When the blade master was teleporting from place to place, he even didn't look where he was teleporting...
- Some grammar errors(not a big thing).

Recomendations: Here I tell you some suggestions I would make to make the project more unique.

- First of all, you should improve cameras.
- Secondly, you should improve terrain.
- Thirdly, you should improve fighting scenes.

Last words: Here's my review shortly.

It was fine. However because it started to be boring after 5 minutes because nothing special happened. There was nothing epic or special in this cinematic but everything seem to be okay I give this average rating.

In it's current stage, I would give this cinematic 3/5. This cinematic has potential to be 5/5, if all things I have said are fixed.

I'm currently over at Aero's place and we decided to watch this cinematic of yours...
Anyway, on to the review!

Positive sides:

• Plentiful story
    • You certainly do have a lot of story to tell
  • Very few minor grammar/spelling errors
    • Earlier I would have counted this as a minor error, but these days it's a pleasant surprise to find out that a game/cinematic has only a couple of typos
  • Good use of imported material
  • Good terrain at some parts

Negative sides:

• Cheap cameras
    • The camera movement was nearly identical in every scene: slowly rotating from left to right or vice versa.
    • Also the camera went through some walls, benches and stuff...
  • Terrain was poor at parts
    • Some parts, such as the "hell" place, looked quite bland and empty
  • Nearly no custom music
    • Personally I am quite fed up with the default wc3 musics, although maybe a new player wouldn't find this as a bad side...
  • Too much dialogue
    • The amount of text made me lose my concentration at some points
  • Fighting was quite basic

How to improve:

• More cameras per scene
    • Don't just make them rotate from left to right, use more cameras
  • More detail and variation to terrain
    • For example add more doodads, variate terrain height more
  • More detailed and fluent combat
    • Add some more effects and moves to make the fights more interesting

To sum it up:

Overall a good cinematic. Although the errors bring it down it still has a lot of potential.
I'd say 3/5; It is good but there is still plenty of room for improvement.

Level 14
I thank you for your opinion, but not for your grade. It is simply wrong, especially for Hive standards. However, I have been advised by the High Council of the Hive to not engage in an argument against you for it will only end with me being right, you being wrong and all of us getting neg repped, allegedly because you have a history. I advise the rest of you to follow in my steps and simply ignore this.

Level 37
CMarket said:
It is simply wrong, especially for Hive standards.
What are "hive standards"? I have never heard of them, even I have been here long time and I have reviewed a lot of maps and cinematics. I do have own standards.

CMarket said:
I have been advised by the High Council of the Hive to not engage in an argument against you for it will only end with me being right, you being wrong and all of us getting neg repped, allegedly because you have a history.
Why should they argument about my post? It was a simply review and what I see in this cinematic.

CMarket said:
I advise the rest of you to follow in my steps and simply ignore this.
Hmm? Why people should ignore my post? It was a nice comment with great suggestions to improve to this cinematic and improve your future projects.

Well, anyway, I hope you continue your projects, such as I continue my projects.

Level 14
Well, the thing is, people tend to flame because you degrade something they like, so to avoid flaming I suggest all of them to not post.

I'm not saying your comment isn't good, I'm just saying that there are a lot of people that will disagree with you and I advise them not to post to avoid all of us having a long argument and then getting neg repped.

Last edited:
Level 1
a small question

i watched all 7 episodes of sect of the holy mother,you really rock,but i have problems watching this one,it is loading and when it is about 2/3 done the game suddenly closes...do you have any idea about how can i watch this one?

Level 1
Wonders ...

Hey can i know if there is any more episode for The Lone Panther because it stops somewhere and many things looks like and supposed to be continued on another episode after the sect of the holy mother series ends ,i supposed i couldn't find anything related to The lone panther or the Sect of the Holy Mother so are you going to continue the lone panther series since the first once is Chapter 1:The blackened History so maybe there is Chapter 2 or something ...i really wanna watch more of your cinematics :D:fp::thumbs_up:

Level 12
Im sorry dude, but i have trouble having the last part, episode 8, to run.
It crashes my WE anytime i open it, in the middle of the loading.
If i try to open it directly from inside w3, it just wont show up in the list, while it actually IS in a directory. It just shows nothing where it should be.
Does anyone know how i can get to see the last part of that exciting story?

Level 16
Hmm..odd, i can only see the first cinematic. the others dosent show in the game, so i cant pick em and watch em..anybody might know whats wrong? :confused:

Edit: Nvm, began using the world editor to test map it like HFR did. Love all episodes!! to bad its over ;( wish there were more... XD

dude this guy is not going to stop making cinematics.. i mean he has allredy began to make new series The lone panther 1 and 2 .. watch them. very worth it!