Banner by Archian
We are excited to announce the first Hive pro-tournament - the Hive Tournament. And we want your maps to be featured in this contest.
Want more information on the Hive Cup Tournament? Click here.
1v1 Competitive Map
Either create a competitive 1v1 map, or nominate an existing map of yours, to be featured in the first ever Hive Cup Tournament. The selected maps will all be featured in the qualifier rounds, and 2 in the final matches. Let your creativity reign while ensuring the map is balanced for competitive play.
- Your submission must follow the site rules and map submission rules.
- All submissions must follow the current theme.
- The submission must be posted in the map resource section and linked in the contest thread before the contest ends.
- You need to have proof that the map is yours. If the judges are unsure about ownership, they may ask you for to provide a link to an approved map on this site, a post containing a WIP, a WIP file or screenshots of one.
- Your final submission must be bug free.
- No custom imports are allowed.
- Triggers are not allowed.
- The map must satisfy the "Melee Map: Yes" condition as determined by Warcraft 3.
- Only one entry per contestant.
- Judges may not participate.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Finding testers to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
- In the public poll that will decide a part of the overall score, you are not allowed to vote for your own submission.
- First Place: 45 reputation points, an award icon, and your map added to the map pool
- Second Place: 30 reputation points, an award icon, and your map added to the map pool
- Third Place: 15 reputation points, an award icon, and your map added to the map pool
- Fourth Place: 5 reputation points, an award icon, and your map added to the map pool
- Judges: 5 reputation points
|Is the map balanced for both teams? Are the positions and distance between points of interest fair? Does the map allow the 4 races to be balanced? Consider balance when implementing the pathing, resources, creep camps, and item drops.||50%|
Is the map visually pleasing in mediums of terrain, doodad placement, and overall theme? Is the map repetitive? Is the aesthetic well designed but not overly obstructive?
Creativity & Uniqueness
|Does the map bring something new or creative to the table? This should primarily refer to gameplay, but terrain may also be included.||15%|
|Bugs and other technical issues will negatively impact the score of a map.||-|
Public Poll: 20%
The contest shall begin on September 23 2019 and conclude on October 6th 2019 at 11:59PM GMT.
|Mr.Goblin||Fall of Winter|
|SlushyJones||Blooming Peninsula SJ|
|FatJonah|| The Poison Vein|
|Kerael||Lord of the Pit|
|Svelti||Waves of Sandwar|
|JaleVeliki||Ruins of Azshara|