1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Gold Port

Submitted by Anomines
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Map Specifics
[​IMG] Players 2
[​IMG] Creep Camps 8 10 2
[​IMG] Neutral Buildings 7
[​IMG] Gold Mines 6

[​IMG]

The Tavern can be found in the middle of the map and is flanked by two guarding golems. Don´t break the ports laws or you might get into trouble. When killed they drop a Rune of lesser healing as well as a weak permanent item

Show picture

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are two shops placed on the Gold Port. Simply buying stuff wont work out that easily since there are other angry customers who waited for the same items for days.

Show picture

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The greed for gold draws even the wildest races to the port. The Centaurs freshly opened a Goblin Laboratory franchise and hope to make some good bucks

Show picture

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are 6 Goldmines in total with different attributes. The mine that lies closest to the base is safely guarded and only holds 8000 gold. The further ones are more exposed and are not clearly assigned to specific players

Show picture

[​IMG]
Natural goldmine

[​IMG]
The other goldmine

[​IMG]

The two basic Lordaredon Summer Mercenarycamps allow players to add neutral units to their armies.

Show picture

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you fight well at this camp one of the dragons might be impressed and switch sides

Show picture

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Screenshots

[​IMG]

Green camp

[​IMG]

Houses

[​IMG]

Green camp

[​IMG]

Base layout

[​IMG]

Parks can be pretty dangerous at night. These thieves linger in the shadows to rob unsuspecting victims but once defeated their strong comradeship can be contagious

[​IMG]

Green camp next to the base

Change Log

[2019-10-04] 2.8
Uploaded

[2019-10-07] 2.8.1
-changed the northern camera boundary to avoid game crashes

[2019-10-12] 2.8.2
-changed the northern camera boundary to avoid game crashes

Authors Notes

Entry for the Hivecup Meleecontest
Contents

Gold Port (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Yeah well there is this one controversial issue. I personally dont see how using children as critters brings anything positive, and while hildren can apparently be killed in the campaign, I would bet a fair amount of money that they will be...
  1. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Add screenshots.

2. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This

and the list of buildings and creeps:

1-tavern
    4- expanding mines
    2-gob. labs
    2-merc. camps
    2- gob. merchants.

3. Anomines

Anomines

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, I will do a nice presentation once Ive got time. I uploaded it because im quite stressed and am not sure if I can finish everything till the deadline.

4. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    dont worry, your map is in my personal list of Powerfull maps, so I think you are doing great.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Chill guys, he specifically wrote it's WiP. If you're so curious to see how the map looks and performs, download it.

In this case, WiPs in Maps are somewhat legal since they're contest related.

6. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yes, understood.

7. Wayshan

Wayshan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Solid map & I love the description you used! I feel pretty inspired :) Also, you should check your Mercenary Camp screenshot and fix it :p

GL in the contest! :D

8. Anomines

Anomines

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I fixed the screenshot.

Also made a hotfix because apparently having the camera boundary equal with the map boundary might cause game crashes when using flying units

9. SirDragdord

SirDragdord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice map! Extremly beatiful looking. But i think you should polish it. 1 golem at center with healing rune is too op, for example. If you do this, map will be at ladder maps level. But even now 5/5

10. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    While I dont like the 2 merchants and tavern aligned in 1 main paths, plus AOW spot exposed, And gob lab cliff shape.

raiting 5/5

11. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah well there is this one controversial issue. I personally dont see how using children as critters brings anything positive, and while hildren can apparently be killed in the campaign, I would bet a fair amount of money that they will be invulnerable, just like they are in wow.

Moving on, I find nothing else to dislike. My personal opinion is that the neutral houses do not fit into the rest of the wc3 scale and that's why I use them sparingly on my maps. But the small village "scenes" are created with great attention to detail. Also good to stack the vision blockers inside the houses.

Regarding gameplay:
    -The map uses mostly standard creeps, and creepcamps and items are good.
    -I dont quite understand the purpose of the goblin zeppelins? Are they just for show?
    -Rune of spirit link is something I'm quite interested to see.
    -Very interesting creepspot with the single lvl 6 golems in the mid. I'm undecided how the runes of healing will impact the gameplay here.
    -Runes of rebirth, well, I can imagine many situations where I'd rather destroy the rune than use it. But that's imho a general flaw of the rune. In fact, the use of the rune here looks good to me.

Overall a very good map. Approved.

12. MrRious

MrRious

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks amazing and plays even better! (which is surprising for a city tileset)