1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Skewed Atoll

Submitted by ToggleModGoat
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Skewed Atoll - 1v1 Melee Map

Features:

- 1 Goblin Merchant
- 1 Tavern
- 1 Marketplace
- 2 Goblin Laboratory
- 4 Goldmines total
- 10 Green Camps
- 10 Yellow Camps
- 2 Red Camps

Change notes:

I have swapped the Tavern out with a Goblin Laboratory to keep the symmetry precise.

Removed some trees at expansion.

More anti-air for creep camps
Added critters
Re-added all trees to have mostly no gaps
Added a path in the middle of the map (look at new picture for reference)
Changed some drops on creeps
+1 Tavern +1 Marketplace -1 Goblin Merchant
Previews
Contents

Skewed Atoll (Map)

Reviews
mafe
This is not a bad map, but it is quite far away from what is needed to be of ladder quality. There are several choices that will make the map imbalanced/problematic in a competitive: -No tavern. -Some itemdrops are debatable: Creep camps in the lvl...
  1. Leo-speo

Leo-speo

Resources:
    Resources:
    i like the theme! just a tought: consider moving the tavern to the middle pathways or to remove creeps from it. for competitive play it might be more useful to have it accessable early on without beeing forced to creep it first

2. ToggleModGoat

ToggleModGoat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the tip, I don't know everything about melee balance and just melee maps in general so anything will help me :)

3. btp|Lancer

btp|Lancer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    My god.. how can Blizzard consider a level 9 squatch creep rated as "green camp" ???. I got trolled so hard.. lost everything in that creep.
    Like the design. It looks amazing. Some downsides:
    • No narrow places except corners: A dream for orc players, a pain for the rest.
    • Many creeps are way to closed to others. This makes creep considered like another player to kill :p

4. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is not a bad map, but it is quite far away from what is needed to be of ladder quality.
    There are several choices that will make the map imbalanced/problematic in a competitive:
    -No tavern.
    -Some itemdrops are debatable: Creep camps in the lvl 12/13 range drop lvl 3 items, that is generally slightly too strong. I'd suggest adding another lowlevel creep to these camps. On the other hand, just a lvl 1 powerup is kinda weak for lvl 7/8 creepspots.
    -The map is very large for a 1v1, and that is not even taking into consideration that the main bases are not connected by a straight line.
    -Gaps between trees, see my comment here for explanation: Raging River (this is only relevant at the highest level, but there it is potentially very relevant).
    -Expansions very far away from the main base, militia will have less than 20% of their timer left, making fast expanding rather hard.

But all of this isnt "objectively", rather what is considered enjoyble gameplay.
    On the upside, that single lvl 9 creep is a fun idea; a lvl 4 drop is still kinda too much for it. I lile the creep camps in general.
    So as trees are the only aspect that that is technically not perfect, but the map is still overall okay-ish, map Approved. Feel free to make some updates nevertheless.

5. ToggleModGoat

ToggleModGoat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

I have got feedback from multiple people, and agree on alot of it. When I find the time I will improve the map big time. You shouldn't consider this a pro map because I never really got into playing or making melee maps so knowing what is balanced in a melee map I didn't know until the feedback came. :)