1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Capital Island

Submitted by Cigaro
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I'm a big fan of the Sunken Ruins tileset, but I hate its palm tress. Can't tell you why - it's not like they're poorly designed, but it makes the maps look too exotic imho. Anyway, I've come to use Lordaeron Summer trees, makes it appear much more standard.

The name Capital Island is supposed to refer to the top part of a column which is called the capital, because the map looks like a (Ionian) capital. Unfortunately the English word is the same as the one for capital city and other stuff, so it's a bit bland. Ideas for different map names are welcome.

The center of the map is not 100 % symmetric because of the neutral buildings, but I hope that it will play as if that were so.

The green creep camps might be placed too defensively. The lvl 23 red creep camps might be too close to the starting positions and thus too easy to farm. Opinions?

I'm happy with the general layout because it looks asymmetric but the environmental doodads are kinda mediocre. Are there too few?

Any testing is greatly appreciated, in particular with regards to the creep spots.

Enjoy!

PS: I've added a screenshot with potential tavern movements. If you prefer any of the options (yellow, blue or pink), let me know.

=== CHANGELOG ===

v02:
- set red creep camp aggro from camp to normal
- set mana of all neutral creeps to full
- altered orientation of a green camp close to base

v03:
- basically just re-saved
Contents

Capital Island v03 (Map)

Reviews
Ragnaros17
Got it, got something to spot. [ATTACH] Set the mana of the hydra to full. this is a IMO, you have the loot of charged L3 in creep L17 in the merc camp and charged L3 in the L14 goblin lab. if one player gets boths, mmm to much I would put a...
deepstrasz
Nearest neutral hostile camp a bit in the base. Rush is quite viable since Militia can even attack a few times. Do hydras have bigger camp range? Also, the ones in the northeast haven't got full mana. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should...
  1. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    Got it, got something to spot.
    upload_2019-4-11_14-8-44.png
    Set the mana of the hydra to full.

this is a IMO, you have the loot of charged L3 in creep L17 in the merc camp and charged L3 in the L14 goblin lab. if one player gets boths, mmm to much I would put a permanent level 3 or even 2 in the L14. those charged L3 are to near each but IMO.

those spirals are very creative.

5/5

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Nearest neutral hostile camp a bit in the base.
    2. Rush is quite viable since Militia can even attack a few times.
    3. Do hydras have bigger camp range? Also, the ones in the northeast haven't got full mana.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

3. Cigaro

Cigaro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ragnaros17:

It's weird, the editor shows me that the hydra has full mana (which I agree it should). Perhaps I've already fixed that and forgot about it? Oh well. It'll be done in the next version.

I've changed one of the drops to a lvl 3 permanent and added a lvl 1 gnoll to power up the camp a tiny bit.

deepstrasz:

I've changed the opening of the tiny camp.

The range is set to normal because that's often the case for red spots in Blizzard maps. I've never really questioned that, only copied it.

Thank you for the feedback. If anybody has any other please, please step forward!

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Be sure to set the mana to full individually not to a group of units.

5. Cigaro

Cigaro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did.

I must have fixed it, uploaded the fixed version and then forgot about it, it's the only logical explanation. herp derp

hydra.jpg

6. Ragnaros17

Ragnaros17

Resources:
    Resources:
    distractions tend to happen, specially with many creeps, in green creeps I put power up any level instead of power up level 1, a distraction, and detected when loot a tome of knoledge from a level 6 creep.

7. RED BARON

RED BARON

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    As a naming suggestion I would use the Latin word for Capital (capitis) - However you should likely combine it with something else, as it would otherwise make most people think of problems with ones scalp (it being the top of the "pillar" aka body).

8. btp|Lancer

btp|Lancer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Very creative map It's almost symmetrical, except the middle side, but looks perfect. I remember I watched a blizzard comment about non symetrical maps, they love it. Watch echo isles, two rivers, gnoll wood..
    Like the tileset too. Some stuff I found weird:

Gold mines "closed" to shops look red camps instead of orange ones. That green bear (jungle stalker level 9) hits soo hard to ground mele units. Level 10 hydra also hits hard with poison, but it's okay as red spot. I would like to see this map on ladder. Fits perfect.

What about adding a description on the map? :D