• šŸ† Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. šŸ”—Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

šŸ’¬HD Modeling Contest #6: Theme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
We are excited to announce that we are planning our next HD modeling contest, and we want your ideas! We value your input and creativity, and we believe that your ideas will help us create an engaging and exciting contest for our community.

We are seeking ideas for the theme of the contest. We encourage you to be as creative and innovative as possible, and we welcome all ideas, no matter how big or small.

Whether you are an experienced modeler or just starting out, your ideas are valuable to us, and we want to hear from you. By working together, we can create a contest that is both challenging and rewarding, and that inspires our community to create the best models possible.

So, we invite you to share your ideas in this thread, and we will review them carefully to ensure that our next HD modeling contest is a success. We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Suggestions so far (updated 03-20-2024)
  1. Plant/Fungal.
  2. Night elves structures/architecture
  3. Mechanical (Tanks, flying warships, robots)
  4. Undead creeps
  5. Characters from Hearthstone cards
  6. Buildings and units from a specific region.
  7. South sands : dwellers and/or buildings from the south kalimdor
  8. Underground World. The only rule is: There is no sunlight here. It's located so deep, that nothing related to the surface and/or the sun, can be found here. A place totally in a total darkness, only illuminated by their dwellers, being plants, fungals, creatures, or something more.

Below you'll find some of the suggested themes for our past HD Modeling Contests:
  • Neutral Hero
  • Undead
  • Creep Camp
  • Naga
  • Great Dark Beyond

Last edited:
Buildings and units from a specific region. I know this is not very creative, but I haven't seen ANY Mesoamerican or Middle East/Arabian buildings or units at all. Which is weird considering how long this community has existed :bored:

EDIT: ...Or if it's too simple and uncreative, I have the idea of Dragons that can turn into humanoid forms, like Alexstrasza can.

Buildings and units from a specific region. I know this is not very creative, but I haven't seen ANY Mesoamerican or Middle East/Arabian buildings or units at all. Which is weird considering how long this community has existed :bored:

EDIT: ...Or if it's too simple and uncreative, I have the idea of Dragons that can turn into humanoid forms, like Alexstrasza can.
Consider Dalaran Arabic lol

I'm not a fan at all of HD modeling, but if you want some of my suggestions :
ā˜¼ Pick a Director cut / SD model contest winner and make a HD version
ā˜¼ One or multiple imposed skins (cannot use other ones)
ā˜¼ Pick an alpha/beta model from old Warcraft 3 and make a HD version (how it could have been adapted)
ā˜¼ Pick a popular hive member and make its own self insert HD model
ā˜¼ Pick an existing non-tiered building and make it 3 tiered (or 2 possible upgrades) - either keeping the current theme or make a twist
ā˜¼ Novice / veteran : pick an existing unit and make a more/less experienced/young version (for example young tauren chieftain, elite peasant, kid paladin, etc)
ā˜¼ Deadn't : pick an undead unit and make it how it looked like before dying of death (skeleton warrior, banshee, etc)
ā˜¼ Crossover : pick a non blizzard unit model / concept art and make it HD from scratch
ā˜¼ Building golem : pick a building and make it a golem-like unit (bonus if it's a combination of multiple ones)
ā˜¼ Modern : pick an existing model and make it modern-like

Level 6
Underground World. Enviroments like a cave with a lava river, an unknown paradise with waterfalls and bioluminescence, a hive with mind thieves, proximity to the core of the planet.

The only rule is: There is no sunlight here. It's located so deep, that nothing related to the surface and/or the sun, can be found here. A place totally in a total darkness, only illuminated by their dwellers, being plants, fungals, creatures, or something more.

Now, think which kind of creatures these locations could hold and support. Which creatures live here? What they do?

Status
Not open for further replies.