• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HD Modeling Contest #5 - Theme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
We are excited to announce that we are planning our next HD modeling contest, and we want your ideas! We value your input and creativity, and we believe that your ideas will help us create an engaging and exciting contest for our community.

We are seeking ideas for the theme of the contest. We encourage you to be as creative and innovative as possible, and we welcome all ideas, no matter how big or small.

Whether you are an experienced modeler or just starting out, your ideas are valuable to us, and we want to hear from you. By working together, we can create a contest that is both challenging and rewarding, and that inspires our community to create the best models possible.

So, we invite you to share your ideas in this thread, and we will review them carefully to ensure that our next HD modeling contest is a success. We can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to working with you to create an amazing contest.

Suggestions so far:
  • Draenor
  • Worgen
  • Outland Creatures
  • Buildings
  • RPG Characters
  • Dracthyr / Dragonkin / Dragons
  • Tiered Camp Units
  • Pandaria

@Mr Ogre man @Barorque @Ardenaso @VictorZ @ZoomMan @Raddazong @Superfrycook @vindorei @Bagysta @handclaw @Fugrim @BurnedSmackdown @Vulfar @ShadiHD @Tamplier @InsaneMonster

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Thank you all for posting your ideas. It's much appreciated.

These are the suggestions so far:
  • Draenor
  • Worgen
  • Outland Creatures
  • Buildings
  • RPG Characters
  • Dracthyr

If I may suggest: Dracthyr

Untitled-1.png

A6DEO184LC2G1657316582943.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you all for posting your ideas. It's much appreciated.

These are the suggestions so far:
  • Draenor
  • Worgen
  • Outland Creatures
  • Buildings
  • RPG Characters
  • Dracthyr

If I may suggest: Dracthyr

View attachment 433119

A6DEO184LC2G1657316582943.jpg

Let's call it Dragonkin... if you wanna go with the thin guys, it's ok, but I'd prefer the thicc lads and lasses:
Wyrmrest-Protector-full.webp

What about, instead of a single model, tiered camp units? like a lvl 2 melee whatever, a lvl 4 ranged something, a lvl 7 caster and a lvl 9 chonky guy. Otherwise, I think that Pandaria could also be a nice theme (I already have ideas on how to make Mogu). I wouldn't pick dracthyr as a theme since that's a single race; I'd maybe pick dragons & draconids as a theme instead (like the previous contest).

Level 6
Farahlon. Themed after Draenor's plant monsters, including your basic set of Primals, unused concepts like the Fara or Farah, unseen creatures like Sporemounds, or just unique ideas that fit the theme

Or just Draenor creeps in general. Fungus monsters are cool too. I'm really just trying to plant some ideas here.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Dear all,
I would like to take a moment to express my gratitude to everyone who posted their ideas and suggestions for the HD modeling contest #5.
I am thrilled to see such a diverse range of ideas and suggestions from all of you. Your contributions have made this contest a richer and more exciting experience to follow.

I am grateful for the time and effort you have all put into sharing your ideas and suggestions. It is clear that each of you is passionate about modeling and the potential it holds for creating beautiful and engaging experiences.

Once again, thank you for your contributions to the theme of the next HD modeling contest.

This idea thread is now closed. A poll will be up ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.