• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

HD Modeling Contest #3 - Theme Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
We already had two HD Modeling contests with good results and incredible entries! Let me congratulate all of you who have participated for your efforts.

Now is the time to start the theme discussion for the next one. I will add some possible themes, but feel free to suggest another one.

POSSIBLE THEMES:
  1. Undead
  2. Elves
  3. Burning Legion
  4. Air units
  5. Worker units
  6. Mechanical units
  7. Light & Death

Last edited:
Level 34
Unfortunately I didn't had time to take part in the last contest, but now I would like to be at the start again.
Of the topics, three particularly appeal to me personally:

1st, Undead = Yes... the dead also need some love.
As long as there aren't about 5 alternative Death Knight-Submissions, there should also be a lot of creative things around, as the undead give enough leeway to let off steam. One can consider: everything dies at some point. ^^

2nd, Workers = From a purely practical point of view. There are already enough models in Warcraft to clump together new "playable races", the only shortcoming are workers. Satyrs, demons, tauren, trolls, undead (by that I mean the ,,pre-cult of the damned style-undead" or the forsaken).
Ogres and dwarfs I deliberately leave out here. ^^

3rd, Burning Legion = Logical that I like the topic right?
Only, the last two Contensts have also included the demons of the Burning Legion. That's why the thought occurred to me to leave them awaythis time... Otherwise: Third time's a charm ... ^^
What should be clarified: When we talk about the "Burning Legion", are we "only" talking about the demonic core of the Legion or also about the Felsworn, that is, their followers / allies?
That would make the topic incredibly large and and versatile, everyone would find something I think...

That would be my first thoughts on the contest! I am already curious ...

I'd say scourge units, as we just had a demonic contest. Air units is a different and interesting topic. I'll end up making most worker models soon (gan'args are finished but not uploaded), so I wouldn't mind a contests about it, but neither am I too hyped.
I never cared about elves, though.

perhaps elves, or particularly Highborne: Shen'dralar, Satyr, Naga, High Elves, Blood Elves, Nightborne

also @vindorei perhaps you could join too
Thanks for mentioning! I’d like to join this time, may I suggest siege weapon as a theme? Or simply something with wheels.

How about we go a little bit outside of classical WarCraft in terms of aesthetics. I would love to see people go bonkers in terms of creativity, to see the models be almost works of art.

Have seen a theme of undead being discussed here and thought of something unconventional: Light/Holy/ Undeath
It could be a holy Egyptian/Nehekhara theme, or animated remains of a saint, a skeletal angel, anything almost.

There is a tech tree contest going on where different "elements" or forces are being mixed for a faction... so how about Light and Death, something that usually seems to be in opposite, but could really look great and truly artistic?

Examples of the aesthetic here:

Saint_Pancratius.jpg Khalida_Killing_Vampire.png

How about we go a little bit outside of classical WarCraft in terms of aesthetics. I would love to see people go bonkers in terms of creativity, to see the models be almost works of art.

Have seen a theme of undead being discussed here and thought of something unconventional: Light/Holy/ Undeath
It could be a holy Egyptian/Nehekhara theme, or animated remains of a saint, a skeletal angel, anything almost.

There is a tech tree contest going on where different "elements" or forces are being mixed for a faction... so how about Light and Death, something that usually seems to be in opposite, but could really look great and truly artistic?

Examples of the aesthetic here:

View attachment 391602 View attachment 391603
Interesting concept, don’t know if my Anubithas fit the theme, but I plan to do something new for contest if I take part in.

Status
Not open for further replies.