• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

By Legal_Ease:

226052-albums6627-picture77212.png

1. Open the map. This works in game
Warcraft3TheFrozenThroneExpansionIcon.png
or in world editor
reinventingthecraft01.gif
so you can do it either way.

2. Find angles you like. (in world editor you can scroll way out and then press 'cntrl'
attachment.php
and then keep scrolling - this will roll back the shadow and let you view the entire map from a distance. This looks really nice and shows the full map in more detail. You can also use the "View Whole Map" tool on the toolbar under 'advanced' to get a 90 degree top down view of the whole map, this looks good too.
dddd5fff-ca77-4c97-b211-9bbabdd25310_zps7cb8bc27.jpg

3. Press 'Control'
attachment.php
&
attachment.php
'Print Screen'
at the same time. This will save a screenshot to your clipboard.

attachment.php

4. Open Paint.
attachment.php
This program comes standard with windows.

5. Click paste.
attachment.php
or press control
attachment.php
&
attachment.php
"V" at the same time. Now you should have a screenshot in Paint. If its a World Editor screenshot, crop the edges to remove the white user interface.

save.png
Save file as a .jpg or .png. Then go to your HiveWorkshop photo album and
226052-albums6627-picture73645.png
add album and create an album. Then click
upload_pictures.png
and select the image file you just saved.

7. Then get the image URL by viewing the picture in you web browser and right-click on it. Now in the drop-down menu choose Copy Image Address (sometimes called copy image URL). Then click
378324d5ea7e30838fa64b6e12fa99c9_72616.jpg
(its in the top-left corner of your map page). Go to your description and add these BBcode tags before and after the image URL. [img] Image URL Here .jpg [/img]
0511TumblrReblog06.jpg
This will copy the image URL to your clip board and the you can paste it between the BBcode tags.

[SIZE="3"]8.[/SIZE] Save [IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=150933&stc=1&d=1449605650 the description and view your new screenshot! Also consider using
[hidden=hidden tags] [img] http//:www.Screenshot=here.jpg [/img] [/hidden]

9. Finally, make sure it looks good. Sometimes you will need to re-size the image so it doesn't take up more than a full screen once opened online. Also, you can wrap [stable]Tags[/stable] around the hidden image to make it more compact. This looks the nicest.

Then you should have something nice like this:

Now you have great screenshots and you know how to add them to your description. Next you will want to check out these links to learn how to make your description even better:

BBCode Key
GIF Maker Online
Describing Yur Melee Map

Attachments

• p-icon[1].png
    p-icon[1].png
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,712
  • ipad_image_newkeyboard_ctrl_stuck.png
    ipad_image_newkeyboard_ctrl_stuck.png
    2 KB · Views: 1,286
  • key_v.gif
    key_v.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 1,424
  • pastebttn-m[1].gif
    pastebttn-m[1].gif
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,340
  • save.png
    save.png
    416 bytes · Views: 617
  • image001[1].png
    image001[1].png
    1.1 KB · Views: 1,328
  • ScreenshotKeyboard[1].png
    ScreenshotKeyboard[1].png
    456.9 KB · Views: 3,271
Last edited:
It is nice.

However, the images must be attached to the hive (if you rely on other websites, then they may be removed without your knowing). Also, I think you should use a tamer color for the title (green is pretty bright).

Other than that, it is fine.
[edit] Title color changed.
I know the rule about the links. When I made this it was for myself to post to a map that had no screenshots and the user said he didn't know how to make them. Then I used it again for another map, same deal. Then I kept seeing the problem and kept posting it. Then Daffa told me to add it to tutorials. I don't know if I want to download every image and load it to my hive album. To remedy the problem I made sure to use the word in text along side the image so if the link goes dead, the tutorial will still be readable. Maybe that's not good enough but I won't have time to download every image. I could just remove them, but I think they are kinda fun. The important images are from my photobucket or hive album. Ideas?

Level 20
You can use Advanced --> View Entire Map. For the Whole Map View. Anyway Nice tutorial tho so if there is any problem in the Map Section like " How to post screenshots?? " So I'll link this and I'll attach this tutorial in my signature ;). +Rep for nice tutorial ^^.

You can use Advanced --> View Entire Map. For the Whole Map View. Anyway Nice tutorial tho so if there is any problem in the Map Section like " How to post screenshots?? " So I'll link this and I'll attach this tutorial in my signature ;). +Rep for nice tutorial ^^.

Good catch with the "View Whole Map" I am adding it. And thanks for adding it to your signature, that's a huge compliment!

[edit] Title color changed.
I know the rule about the links. When I made this it was for myself to post to a map that had no screenshots and the user said he didn't know how to make them. Then I used it again for another map, same deal. Then I kept seeing the problem and kept posting it. Then Daffa told me to add it to tutorials. I don't know if I want to download every image and load it to my hive album. To remedy the problem I made sure to use the word in text along side the image so if the link goes dead, the tutorial will still be readable. Maybe that's not good enough but I won't have time to download every image. I could just remove them, but I think they are kinda fun. The important images are from my photobucket or hive album. Ideas?

They should be attached to the hive in some way (whether it is attached to the post, added to an album, etc.). As long as it is from the hive in some way, it is fine.

I suppose it is okay for some of them to be supplemented with text rather than being attached, and it does seem a bit silly to keep this as pending until the images are attached, but keep in mind that there are a lot of old tutorials that simply show the "image not found" icon, effectively ruining the tutorial. The images are kinda fun, and it is best to ensure that they will still be there in the years to come. :)

If you don't have time, I might attach it myself (not for a while though). I'd just rather have them attached to the hive. For the keyboard ones, I'll let it slide. But perhaps attach this:
http://www.thoughtshots.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/0511TumblrReblog06.jpg
And attach your photobucket ones if you can. I'll approve it after that.

I suppose I'll make an exception since the images aren't necessary for the tutorial, and since this has gotten a decent number of views and has potential for a lot of linkbacks. I'd still really like if you could attach the images to the hive. :3 Approved.

EDIT: Removed the line that said "Mac has a similar photo program as well", because taking a screenshot on a mac is slightly different (there is no prnt scrn button, they use a different keyboard shortcut [with tons of awesome options]).

Level 20
now with the new hive where can i make an album?

Go to your profile page, click the Album tab. There you can create your album and add media inside it ( top right corner ).

After adding the media ( or lets say image or photo ) open that specific media you want to show and copy it's image address ( right click the image and it has copy image address option to click ). Now you can show the image to us by using [ IMG ] ( paste or insert image address here ) [ /IMG ] .

Note that parenthesis are not included and the IMG are must be small letters.