- Apr 24, 2012
Create a brand new 1v1 melee map, or nominate an existing one of yours. Any entry must not have been used for any previous Hive contest.
The top 5 submissions will be featured in the qualifier rounds and the final cup, as with last year. Let your creativity reign while ensuring the map is balanced for competitive play.
The tournament will be played on Legacy/Classic/SD graphics, so you should aim for best performance in SD. Previews and screenshots in Reforged are not encouraged.
Helpful Links: Melee mapping - The reasons behind common aspects of competitive 1v1 maps
Competitive Melee Map
- Your submission must follow the site rules and map submission rules.
- All submissions must follow the current theme.
- The submission must be posted in the map resource section and linked in the contest thread before the contest ends.
- You need to have proof that the map is yours. If the judges are unsure about ownership, they may ask you for to provide a link to an approved map on this site, a post containing a WIP, a WIP file, or screenshots of one.
- Your final submission must be bug free.
- The map must satisfy the "Melee Map: Yes" condition as determined by Warcraft 3.
- No custom imports are allowed.
- Triggers are not allowed.
- Only one entry per contestant.
- Judges may not participate.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Finding testers to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
- You may not base your submission off any map by Blizzard or anyone else.
- 1st place: 50 reputation points
- 2nd place: 40 reputation points
- 3rd place: 30 reputation points
- 4th place: 20 reputation points
- 5th place: 10 reputation points
- Judge: 15 reputation points per entry
|Do creeps have proper aggro? Are neutral buildings and expansions placed properly? Is there adequate spacing?||/35|
|Is the creeping fair for all races? How is the creeping flow? Are the item drops balanced?||/35|
Is the map visually pleasing in terms of terrain, doodad placement, and overall theme? Is the map repetitive? Is the aesthetic well designed but not overly obstructive?
Creativity & Uniqueness
|Does the map bring something new or creative to the table?||/10|
|Bugs and other technical issues will negatively impact the score of a map.||--|