Awesome and very beautiful map. It has interesting theme and cool use of tilesets. Like it like it.
1. so many half moon circles. Treelines with some variation would make minimap look more attractive.
2. two green camps are too close together and they are creating one orange and one green camp instead on the minimap
3. smelly corpse doodads next to green turtle and crab camp might be too savage of a welcome to the player
4. were doing the complete opposite styles when it comes to blocking cliffs. you have ton of doodads there and I just leave them empty and have pathing blockers
5. Some people are not cool with undead + purge camp but for me its fine to have 1 or 2 fun camps
6-Should all of the goldmines be orange camps? They're not in corner positions of the map so why not allow players to use them more earlier? Could be fun!
1) True, make perfect simetric treelines is hard to me.
2) oh thats, gonna check and fix that. Easy fix
3) ok, got it, easy fix
4) Well , borders is the place where I can have my artistic freedom. thats my fingerprint
5) I quite , I am already thinking in change that creep composition
6) No, I am 98% shure of this. Is to clearly mark wich mine is the first fast and easy and wich the harder for late expansion.
it is posible to delay expansion and take the red creep mine first, since is not a hard red creep
thanks a lot
Ok, map is generall okay, yet somehow I'm not fully convinced about the layout.
Some notes and suggestions:
1. Sometthing about the natural expansions feels off, but I cant quite tell for sure. Maybe it is that for example, ancient protectors could be built behins the trees and eat themselves throught the forests? Or just that they seem very close to the enemy in general?
2. Aow-creeping: While it is good to have 3 viable earlygame creepcamps near the main bases, they can all be taken easily with militia. But for AoW-creeping, it might that critters block the preferred building locations, or in case of the turtle camp, shallow water prevents building an AoW nearby. Also these critters might wander off into the creepcamps, which will annoy undead who wish to summon skeletons before aggroing the creeps. So imho you should just somewhat move those critters.
3. The camps with the mana+ healing runes..... yeah I guess it's a nice idea, but probably likely to have some unforeseen repercussions which could backfire.
4. The map boundaries could be extended slightly in north in south, so that the edges of the map are further away at the hydra spots.
5. The placement of the trees at the main bases is unusual and should force adaptions of building placement when compared to normal maps, which might annoy players without any upsides that I can think of.
6. With so many valuable creepcamps on the edges of the map along the top right/bottom left corner, it could make for some very passive phases of gameplay, where both players are just creeping without any interaction.
1) Yes of course is off, easy to take but not that easy to defend. Sorry I dont understand the idea about the tree protectos eating themself.
2) move the critters, ok got it
I want to clarify, the turtle camp is not a creep worthy of AOW. As ST said, an AOW creep must be level 9 at least.
In my map the AOW spot is the merc. to get a perma L2 and a tome.
3) That camp, is crap, it doesnt loot items. I wanted a safe gimmick. Early game that camp is stupid, just a conection, and midle game it can be worthy to get to have free cheap heal and mana. Either you creep it for exp or skip it for later. I am more worried by charged L2 items than that runes.
4) true, gonna fix that
5) Force adaption?, I never felt so confortable to have some much space in my base lol. Yeah I designed it thinking in me feeling confortable
wich is be able to wall and have a lot of space to build stuff. As NE never felt so confortable.
6) I thinking about that.
thanks a lot.