• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hive Cup 2020: Melee Mapping Contest #6 - Poll

Choose the best entries!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
hc20-25-poll-png.363902

1v1-competitive-maps-2-png.361505

>> Download All Entries! <<
The top 5 submissions will be featured in the qualifier rounds and the final cup, as with last year.

The tournament will be played on Legacy/Classic/SD graphics.

other_rules_and_conditions-png.311513

• Trying to manipulate the poll in any form is not allowed.
    If you're aware of ip-sharing with any voter, for any reason, you should contact the staff.
  • Harassment towards others to influence the result will lead to punishment.
  • A neutral recommendation to take part at the poll isn't problematic, though.
  • Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus of 5%.
  • Participating in the poll will not prevent disqualification.
  • Judges are not allowed to vote.
You are very welcome to make a short statement about what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!

other_prizes-png.311512

• 1st place: 50 reputation points
  • 2nd place: 40 reputation points
  • 3rd place: 30 reputation points
  • 4th place: 20 reputation points
  • 5th place: 10 reputation points
  • Judge: 15 reputation points per entry
The five winners will receive an award icon representing the winning entry.

other_judges-png.311510

other_contest_judging-png.311506

Layout
Do creeps have proper aggro? Are neutral buildings and expansions placed properly? Is there adequate spacing?/35

Creeps
Is the creeping fair for all races? How is the creeping flow? Are the item drops balanced?/35

Terrain

Is the map visually pleasing in mediums of terrain, doodad placement, and overall theme? Is the map repetitive? Is the aesthetic well designed but not overly obstructive?
/20

Creativity & Uniqueness
Does the map bring something new or creative to the table?/10

Technical
Bugs and other technical issues will negatively impact the score of a map.--
Total/100

• Judgement: 80%
  • Poll: 20%
FinalScore = (20*Reached_Votes/POSSIBLE_VOTES) + (80*Average_Judge_Score/POSSIBLE_SCORE)

other_dates_and_deadline-png.311507

The poll shall conclude on 11th October 2020.

Contest | Results

Attachments

• Melee 6 Entries.rar
    2.9 MB · Views: 5,114
Level 12
my votes are: Last Snow, Marienburg, Talonrift Coast, Tortoise Heaven

runnerup would be: Land Divided and Zulalor

i cant really participate in much discussion here because im moving at the moment but im sure with our competent judges we wont have much drama this time :)

good luck to everyone

edit: my map is obviously the best :goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 29
hi guys, well,

1) is no secret I have very slow and old machine, that cant hold heavy games. so I am a retrogamer, using 1.28 wc3. cant open 1.32 maps
with that I wont vote.

2)if there is some sort of map streaming, youtube, plays on twitch. whatever video making, please post here, videos are fun.

3)it would be nice to, dunno spread the word, if possible, discord general gym, reddit, ffaleague, whatever, would be nice to have public impact in others wc3 comunities.

4) is like one month of poll, so dunno, write stuff regarding the contes and on topic, it would be nice to keep the thread alive,
"You are very welcome to make a short statement what you like the most, so contestants get a bit of public feedback!"

overall feedback would also be nice, regarding, dunno, the mapping process (there was feedback in contest thread, and each map thread, thats helpfull). overall quality (wich I think is very high), contest time was nice (no need of extention IMO), the new contest criteria seems better than old criteria used IMO.

nice to see vote numbers rolling, thread has 284 views atm, thats nice too.

good luck everbody!

Last edited:
Level 17
Hi guys!
I'm sorry there aren't many more details on the upcoming tournament itself. I will iron out a few things and make announcements within the next week or two!

Good luck to all the participants and to judges, especially to my good buddy Neytpoh :) Another special thanks to Mythic for organasing and moderating the contest!

I'm a bit sad that a couple of entries didn't make it, especially Archian's Battlefield of Eternity. But well, maybe next time.

Long live Hive!!:goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:

I'm a bit sad that a couple of entries didn't make it, especially Archian's Battlefield of Eternity. But well, maybe next time.
It looked so cool. :(

is it posible to change the vote, because is not written in the rules?
As Jale noted, yes, users can change their votes.

Voting for yourself is not allowed, and will lead to a malus of 5%.
@HUmanJDog kindly consider changing your self-vote.

Level 29
I was thinking to write some stuff to fill the day a bit. some interesting things about each map (IMO) but no favoritism, all pointed in an equal and neutral way. may be a bit non-usefull, but again is to fill the day.

word "interesting" is spammed and overused.

Advancing glaciers: remebers me echo isles, with 1 expo more, expos north of main, creeps in south + 1 expo for contest. nice terrain
A land divided: it remembers me last refuge with no labs, interesting more value to merc. camps play. dual enviroment
Chernobyl remains: 3-mines expo like Advancing glaciers, 1 merc instead of marketplace, 1 red creep for contest.
Frostfire Ridge: interesting center with 6 neutral buildings, interesting the use of 3 different merc. types +dual enviroment.
Gatekeepers: boat map!, interesting expos, interesting mercs. far away.
Last snow: map with 1 expo only, interesting labs near expo, mercs. far away.
Lost wasteland: another 1 expo only, 6 greens +2 orange to go for the center, mercs. no labs
Marienburg: interesting center with tavern +8 creeps around. 4 red creeps in mines and corners.
Mountain Valley: interesting mercs between expos, dual tavern map, 2 merchants, 2 gob labs to contest center, 1 marketplace.
Nightstream: interesting waygates in corners, cliff expos interesting , remembers me CH x2. interesting the 4 neutral buildings around tavern (4 shape)
Ponds: interesting very rectangular, shape, interesting neutral building layout, nice use of 4 expos
Shallow grave: corner mines, gob. merchants straigth path from main bases, loop path from expos. near mercs. far labs.
Shattered exile: multi-spawn map. easy labs, not that easy mines, vertical spawns may play around 1 shop, horizontal spawn may contest 1 merc. camp.
Talonrift coast: interesting center with dual creep in shop, dual tavern map. mercs between expos like Mountain Valley.
Tortoise haven:like EI, natural expos, shop, marketplace, labs in north play, more mines in south. interesting red creeps positions.
Upstream: tavern between players in the edge, interesting goblin merchants positions, like EI but with 4 mines going all to the south. interesting center with 1 red creep.
Waste Factory: another boat map! (+waygates), interesting expos, remembers me NI, goblin merchants between expos. unique terraining.
ZulAlor: interesting center with 1 goblin merchant + marketplace. interesting paths in tavern and gob labs areas. worked circular camara borders.

Last edited:
Level 26
I was thinking to write some stuff to fill the day a bit. some interesting things about each map (IMO) but no favoritism, all pointed in an equal and neutral way. may be a bit non-usefull, but again is to fill the day.

Waste Factory: another boat map!, interesting expos, remembers me NI, goblin merchants between expos. unique terraining.

You forgot that my map had a waygate and it is the key of the map. :goblin_cry:
shipyard+waygate combo

edit: Ty :goblin_yeah:

Last edited:
Level 29
Not a coincidence afaik. If i remember correctly, Last Refuge was created a few months later than Land Divided and I'd assume, LR was heavily "influenced" by it ;)

is hard to know exactly when LR was created, since is not uploaded here,its original name was The Hinterlands.
but acording to the few evidence I read, it seems Land Divided was first in nov 2009

1-"Last Refuge was first uploaded in 2010 and originally had the name "The Hinterlands" "
2-"Competition Span: march 2010 - present"

source:
1- Last Refuge Review
2- Last Refuge - Liquipedia Warcraft Wiki
Information about non-Blizzard WC3 ladder maps
The Hinterlands - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

on topic if someone see there are any more channels doing videos of the contest maps, please link here,
so far I am only aware of 2 twich channels (sscription and ScarsWc3), 0 youtube channels .

Level 12
Voted for Last Snow. It looks very basic and warcraftish – proving once again that Lordaeron Winter is one of the best tilesets out there (along with Sunken Ruins). There are some gameplay things that concern me, but I'll gladly wait for the judges' reviews and add my criticism later on.

A few of the other maps like Marienburg and Shallow Grave also intrigue me for various reasons (mostly visual), but I'd rather only cast a single vote.

Level 12
My opinion is slightly different. I am bored watching on streams thousandth match on the same map, or another tournament with the same few maps again and again. I think contests like this are excellent occasions to experiment and just have fun with mapmaking because of big audience. I was hoping to see something really fresh and unique here. Sadly, instead of "Creativity & Uniqueness", half of the maps are "safe" entries, which are mostly AZ and NI reskins. What is the point to make such similar maps, if we have them in mappool already? Someone here said: "Every map is NI now", and he was right.

Maps like LR or NI also was "new and fresh" once, and they changed ladder a bit. We can achieve it again, but it will not happen, if we will not try. So guys, stop taking contest so seriously, turn on imagination and try to make something really new. This is not SC2, we have many tools to do that :)

Anyway, my votes goes to maps that at least tried to implement something different, and needed some effort to create (nice aesthetics).

Level 29
My opinion is slightly different. I am bored watching on streams thousandth match on the same map, or another tournament with the same few maps again and again. I think contests like this are excellent occasions to experiment and just have fun with mapmaking because of big audience. I was hoping to see something really fresh and unique here. Sadly, instead of "Creativity & Uniqueness", half of the maps are "safe" entries, which are mostly AZ and NI reskins. What is the point to make such similar maps, if we have them in mappool already? Someone here said: "Every map is NI now", and he was right.

Maps like LR or NI also was "new and fresh" once, and they changed ladder a bit. We can achieve it again, but it will not happen, if we will not try. So guys, stop taking contest so seriously, turn on imagination and try to make something really new. This is not SC2, we have many tools to do that :)

Anyway, my votes goes to maps that at least tried to implement something different, and needed some effort to create (nice aesthetics).

in an ideal world, a mapper should design "a new very unique map", knock doors to ask a lot of feedback , improve the entry, and then when a money tournament pops up like this, link that well, unique polished map.

in the real world many make a map from scratch , and have little time to finish the entry before contest ends.

in my case, I started one from 0, it wasnt well received, expanding-paths systems was a big no (Savage Coast), so I discarted the entry and start a new one from 0. I also tried to create a map with a broken center, but I failed the walking distance, it was very crap to play.
I already tried to do what you say, make fresh and unique things, be creative, Stairs of Destiny, Drakkari Domination
but my lack of knoledge ended in bad execution, so yes I aimed this time to a "safe entry", but also I screw the execution in some things.

my point is , is really hard to be creative and have balance. for a free time hobbie is a very hard task.
If you are a genius to design new balanced stuff, great, but if you are a poor quality mapper like me, a "safe entry" is as far as I can get.

Note: not a complain at all, this is quite a nice discussion to have.

Last edited:
Level 26
in an ideal world, a mapper should design "a new very unique map", knock doors to ask a lot of feedback , improve the entry, and then when a money tournament pops up like this, link that well, unique polished map.

in the real world many make a map from scratch , and have little time to finish the entry before contest ends.

in my case, I started one from 0, it wasnt well received, expanding-paths systems was a big no (Savage Coast), so I discarted the entry and start a new one from 0. I also tried to create a map with a broken center, but I failed the walking distance, it was very crap to play.
I already tried to do what you say, make fresh and unique things, be creative, Stairs of Destiny, Drakkari Domination
but my lack of knoledge ended in bad execution, so yes I aimed this time to a "safe entry", but also I screw the execution in some things.

my point is , is really hard to be creative and have balance. for a free time hobbie is a very hard task.
If you are a genius to design new balanced stuff, great, but if you are a poor quality mapper like me, a "safe entry" is as far as I can get.

Note: not a complain at all, this is quite a nice discussion to have.

great map with a whole new design and balance need time and creative to be done in the very special time. I also did try to produce new thing to this contest as well but I didn't sure of my knowledge on creep level and the design so I end up bring NI most layout. but whole creeps and neutral are sure different. Also when time pass with more experience, look back and feel like there is a lot of bad place creep. I hope that my next I can do it better :prazz: I myself is so new to something called balance xD

same feeling. wanna see more new layout.

Level 12
@WolfFarkas
OK, OK, but that was not exactly my point. I mean, some people try to mimic schemes and solutions from actual ladder maps, but in meantime they are forgetting to add something unique from themselves. As a result we got many generic maps, which are very similar to the ones, that are already in use. There can be different tileset, swapped few neutral buildings with each other etc., but overall playthrough is the same.
Yea, this can be a good thema for discussion, maybe switch with it to discord ;)

Level 29
@WolfFarkas
1-OK, OK, but that was not exactly my point.
2-I mean, some people try to mimic schemes and solutions from actual ladder maps, but in meantime they are forgetting to add something unique from themselves. As a result we got many generic maps, which are very similar to the ones, that are already in use. There can be different tileset, swapped few neutral buildings with each other etc.,
3-but overall playthrough is the same.
Yea, this can be a good thema for discussion, maybe switch with it to discord ;)

1- sorry, english is not my main language, so I tend to miss the point.

2- I only wish I am not "someone trying to mimic schemes and solutions", I screw a lot in the past with bad neutral positions, bad creeps, totally broken creeping routes. and I really put my soul/best knoledge in my entry this time (but still my quality tends to be average), I dont dare to play with fountains, shipyards, cliff, because I feel, is very easy to screw and have the map broken. (mostly because I have the tendency to screw things in maps).

I like hive-discussions, also this topic is nice to fill this last days, a thread with no post ends being a bit boring.

3-an user said, "this game is being played since 2003, dont expect to change how the game is played." I mean how many 1v1 safe recipes are out there, I dont think they are illimited, maybe 20 recipes? (probably there will be a day that no more new recipes can be done)
I remember when I played booty bay sometimes, booty bay is a big NO. playable recipes are very narrow.

many things cant be done in 1v1: https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/hzdoxm/hi_guys_this_is_my_new_2_player_map_it_is_very/

my point is, is imposible to please everybody. In the same way you and maybe Zuch want to see more new unique maps, others just wants safe balanced play like SC2 comunity. as you pointed.

Level 6
Well, most of those things shouldn't be done, or at least cannot be done at the same time.

I personaly tend to take my time to create a new map, and sometimes I feel features, I put in one map, should be put into separate maps instead.

On the other hand, sometimes you got to add something unconventional to fix something unconventional you added before xD

For example, on Advancing Glaciers unusual Portals are used in ususial manner (1-way) to neglect possible side effects of having isolated areas accessible only by Zeppelin.
Other example, uncircumstantially from the same map xD, is Runes of Rebirth. At the time of the start of creation of the map, winter merc camps were BIG NO.
But I gotta provide some way to dispell in the earlygame, since AG is size of EI, and on EI priest are bought frequntly to dispell summons.
So I've introduced one Forest Troll Priest for each of the players. Yes, it's only one, but it's free.

Level 21
@INSEKT we are not the ones who decide whats get played in tournaments its the melee players. So to work the map needs a certain competetive standard. LR has them and NI did some patches to get them. We cant just make a map with 100 ramps, portals or crazy creeps and sell this as creativity. We need to stay in the balance and work on other stuff like Layout and Visuals. but we still need to apply these standards here. Also the reason why maps like AZ or NI are standard is cuz they give u many possibilities. i often hear that in mapping that u wanna give richness BUT, Wc3 atm seen one of the biggest variety in strategy then ever. If u make a map with lets say nothing realy to creep in the early (kinda like tm) u start to force strategies like pala rifle or harras hunts cuz players will fall behind otherwise

Level 29
1-Well, most of those things shouldn't be done, or at least cannot be done at the same time.

2-I personaly tend to take my time to create a new map, and sometimes I feel features, I put in one map, should be put into separate maps instead.

3-On the other hand, sometimes you got to add something unconventional to fix something unconventional you added before xD

4-For example, on Advancing Glaciers unusual Portals are used in ususial manner (1-way) to neglect possible side effects of having isolated areas accessible only by Zeppelin.
Other example, uncircumstantially from the same map xD, is Runes of Rebirth. At the time of the start of creation of the map, winter merc camps were BIG NO.
But I gotta provide some way to dispell in the earlygame, since AG is size of EI, and on EI priest are bought frequntly to dispell summons.
So I've introduced one Forest Troll Priest for each of the players. Yes, it's only one, but it's free.

1-I praise those who have guts to use portals, fountains, shipyards. I really praise new stuff like Brigthwater oasis, I just say, I dont have the guts to try atm., because I fear a poor execution from my part.
those elements should be used with a lot of design, beta test and feedback IMO, to get the desired effect
the screen meme is lets say some sort of what type of feedback you may receive from the personal taste of certain very strict pro players.

If a player tells me, dont do that, I will do all my effort to do what he said.
But for example a map like Brigthwater oasis, has pulled out 2 elements non conventional in ladder, but it takes time to make such map, and get that map acceptance,

2- thats what I pointed before, either you are genius, or you do it slowly and mindfully,

3- maybe I had bad luck that to me that ended in me screwing the map even more (by self experience trying to have dual mines balanced in my noob times)

4- I praise your courage in try that innovation

5- I also wanted to pull out some gimmics with some runes, but it was a bit disliked, so I didnt. (matter of tastes someone likes runes others dont,I saw BO and RA removed they Runes of the watcher, I wanted to play with those)

Level 12
@SayuriTenshi
Nahh, there is no need to add imbalanced things into a map to make it more "creative". We can achieve it by creating interesting layout for example. But if we start a new 1v1 melee map by adding at the center Tavern surrounded by four crescend tree spots, and just change things around the map by moving a bit gold mines or neutral buildings here and here, then sorry, but this is nothing "new". This is just a next variation of existing map with some generic changes.

Look at BO with their neutral buildings variations and second expo closer than natural. Or CH, where you can find gold mine instead of Tavern at the center. This is the only one tournament map, which breaks this golden center Tavern rule, yet it is still very popular and balanced in most of the cases. I have in mind solutions like this when I talk about "creativity & uniqueness".

Last edited:
Level 29
@SayuriTenshi
Nahh, there is no need to add imbalanced things into a map to make it more "creative". We can achieve it by creating interesting layout for example. But if we start a

1-new 1v1 melee map by adding at the center Tavern surrounded by four crescend tree spots,

and just change things around the map by moving a bit gold mines or neutral buildings here and here, then sorry, but this is nothing "new". This is just a next variation of existing map with some generic changes.

2-Look at BO with their neutral buildings variations

3- and second expo closer than natural.

4- Or CH, where you can find gold mine instead of Tavern at the center. This is only one tournament map, which breaks this golden center Tavern rule, yet it is still very popular and balanced in most of the cases.

5-I have in mind solutions like this when I talk about "creativity & uniqueness".

1-tavern goes in the center because it can be equally access from any part of the map,, mines, expos. 4 creeps spots are needed to make center important to contest and to have early pvp. (in my map an user told me center lacks importance). tree spots are for KOG play

2- I really like this discussion, srl, so a solution to no copy LR and NI , would be copy BO neutral buildings randomness? (wich I personally dont like, I prefer fixed neutral buildings, I dont want to do something I personally dislike)

3- very easy to screw the distance, humes may dislike a far expo. you have to be very wise to set the expo distance.

4-so we should try to copy CH instead?, I tried to design a map with a broken center, didnt work, broken centers are nice to try but hard to master,
and probably someone (more used to NI, LR , AZ, ST, EI) will point I dont like the broken center.
an user who did a broken center map with dual tavern, long a go, disliked the map because it was predictive, I dont think copy CH or make a broken center is the solution.

5- please , seriusly, do a melee tutorial, and tell me how many balanced recipes exist in 1v1 in wc3? how many expos positions can be done?. I dont think there are that many, there may be 1 or 2 more to be discovered but I dont think there are 19 new balanced recipes to be discovered and used.
I would really like to read and see all your creativity ideas to get inspired.

also not everybody went to have LR, others just do EI or ST with some changes as you point, is still ST in soul. a variation of ST. I did a ST variation in the 5 melee contest, I wasnt in the mood to do another ST variation. lets say the ST maps didnt got good score in the 5 melee contest (bad execution from my part). EI can play with 1 shop, ST dont, ST needs 2 shops now.

Last edited:
Level 12
@WolfFarkas
You ask me if you should copy BO or CH instead of LR or NI, while whole discussion is about not copying schemes at all :p No, man, it is nice if you at least try to find new solutions. You do not have to break center tavern rule, or use randomized neutral buildings. Someone tried it before and it worked. You may have totally different idea, like crazy use of boats (different than intended), and maybe you will suscess same as these guys, who knows?

Look what @Deserted pointed out there. His Forest Troll Priest solution may not work at all, but I like the idea and it is well appreciated that he is trying. We can have 10 ideas, and even if only one works, while 9 of them are bad, it was still worht in my opinion :)

Level 21
I suggest u guy play more then u see stuff that wont work (map has to have a expo somewhat close) or it ends like SV or AI hum and nelf need them. And stuff that can work if done well @Deserted his creep was cool but has high balance proplems cuz hum can creep it before the enemy is there and the reward overall is to big. Other stuff like 2 taverns, gates, or other cool layouts can work with care

Level 29
@WolfFarkas
You ask me if you should copy BO or CH instead of LR or NI, while whole discussion is about not copying schemes at all :p No, man, it is nice if you at least try to find new solutions. You do not have to break center tavern rule, or use randomized neutral buildings. Someone tried it before and it worked. You may have totally different idea, like crazy use of boats (different than intended), and maybe you will suscess same as these guys, who knows?

Look what @Deserted pointed out there. His Forest Troll Priest solution may not work at all, but I like the idea and it is well appreciated that he is trying. We can have 10 ideas, and even if only one works, while 9 of them are bad, it was still worht in my opinion :)

I was trying new stuff, during this contest I wasnt mapping a single map, I was mapping 4, the other 3 options have at least 1 gamekiller problem

first idea: aborted due to many problems regarding size and expo positions
Savage Coast
second idea: walking distances were gamekillers.
upload_2020-10-8_11-50-48.png

third idea: my current entry
fourth idea: broken center dual tavern, like 4 things I really dislike. also there was no time to finish this in time
upload_2020-10-8_11-48-16.png

if I dont post "creative stuff" as an entry is because there is something I dislike in the map I did, and I know others will dislike too.

Last edited:
Level 6
3- maybe I had bad luck that to me that ended in me screwing the map even more (by self experience trying to have dual mines balanced in my noob times)
Such things are clearly harder to balance, cause some races can benefit from that, others can't.
Consider Hu vs NiE match, Hu is rewarded twice as NiE for the same actions.

Runes of Rebirth given to small creeps empower "One Burrow/Ziggurat/Moonwell into Tech" strategies, but at AG those camps are located at the edges of the map, so bonus creeps are hard to use for harass.
his creep was cool but has high balance proplems cuz hum can creep it before the enemy is there and the reward overall is to big
Let's compare that creep camp with NI one:
1) Both give level 2
2) Both drop level 3 consumable
3) Both are can be crept before the enemy is here
4) Mine is stronger, so you have to either summon the second WE, or massivly use dispell by newly acquired Troll Priest.
5) Mine is farther away from other juicy camps and takes more time on it's own.

So, basically you get a half-dry Troll Priest for being placed in a pretty awkward position on the map.
Even if that's a balance problem, I wouldn't classify it as "high".

Last edited:
Level 29
Such things are clearly harder to balance, cause some races can benefit from that, others can't.
Consider Hu vs NiE match, Hu is rewarded twice as NiE for the same actions.

it was in a 2v2 map, the idea was each team had a dual mine to share. never would do that in 1v1

So, basically you get a half-dry Troll Priest for being placed in a pretty awkward position on the map.
Even if that's a balance problem, I wouldn't classify it as "high".

I see, creeps can be tricky.

Last edited:
Level 21
@Deserted yeh it works on norhtern but this item is normaly placed on higher lvl like 15-17. but again if we compere it to yours it also give tome+2 and a free priest wich is 195g. and 10 wood
this is extremly massive vs orc and would be an absolute instand ban in orc vs hum. we see hums pulling merc on lr to get shadowpriest there and orc needed to start anti scout it or they had a very rough time. also it doent rly take longer then on norhtern
the camp is a must do and if u cant u are in a disadvantage
Also u overestimate the spot very much, its damn ez to do with 5-6 miltia no dispel needed and not neccecery a 2nd waterelement. only 2 guys do dmg.

Last edited:
Level 29
Hi guys!
I'm sorry there aren't many more details on the upcoming tournament itself. I will iron out a few things and make announcements within the next week or two!

Good luck to all the participants and to judges, especially to my good buddy Neytpoh :) Another special thanks to Mythic for organasing and moderating the contest!

Long live Hive!!:goblin_yeah::goblin_yeah:

hey can I ask the iron out, of mmm, when the Hive cup starts? I heard middle october 15? I am correct? or is late october like 25?

Level 17
hey can I ask the iron out, of mmm, when the Hive cup starts? I heard middle october 15? I am correct? or is late october like 25?
Hi there!!
We're now settling on dates. I'm in contact with remodemo of B2W to select the best ones.
For now, it looks like the main event will take place on the weekend around 31 October. The qualifiers will be hosted during the preceding ~12 days, so maybe the first one will take place on OCT-16th, or later.

Stay tuned for official announcements :)

Level 17
Hi guys,
I apologise for a delay in results announcements. Neytpoh is our "culprit", but he's on the job now.
unknown.png

We'll schedule the events and release relevant details once the map selection is finilised.

For now I can say that there will be 5 qualifiers (each centered on one of the top-5 maps), and the total prizepool will be 750EUR.
I hope you'll all tune in for the main event despite Halloween:ogre_hurrhurr: (should that date be confirmed)

Thank you all for patience, peace!!:cute:

Level 29
Hi guys,
I apologise for a delay in results announcements. Neytpoh is our "culprit", but he's on the job now.
unknown.png

We'll schedule the events and release relevant details once the map selection is finilised.

For now I can say that there will be 5 qualifiers (each centered on one of the top-5 maps), and the total prizepool will be 750EUR.
I hope you'll all tune in for the main event despite Halloween:ogre_hurrhurr: (should that date be confirmed)

Thank you all for patience, peace!!:cute:

no problem for the delay, and no need to apologice IMO,
,a cheer comment from my part to Neytpoh, have a pro-player like him as judge is very greatfull, all of us the mappers will agree in that.

I mean as mapper I want to read judges reviews, to improve the quality of my map, or to improve as mapper, (probably many mappers want that, the feedback to improve), but we can wait, we can map other stuff or play other stuff in the free time.
I was playing warcraft 2 beyond the dark portal, the orcs campaing wich covers the orc Ner zul when he was alive ( and was not the lich king of warcraft 3).
It was interesting that Nerzul recovered some Medivh text by making a pact with Alterac, and fought against Lordaeron and Stromgarde. Kul Tiras abandoned the Alliance and the war against the orcs since they couldnt keep the sea dominance alone.
Nerzul was aiming to open many portals, it seems.
In the mean while new stormwind was starting to re-build.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.