- Nov 6, 2013
MELEE MAPPING CONTEST #2
Create a competitive 1v1 melee map that excels in terrain, dynamic, and creativity, but most importantly balance.
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any submission does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- You must submit your entry before the deadline. To submit your final entry, you must upload the entry's contents as a bundle in the Maps Section, and link to that bundle in this thread confirming the submission.
- Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay.
- The file in the appropriate format.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
- Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
- Judges may not participate.
- Your final submission must be bug free.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Finding testers to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
- Imports may (optionally) be used in the map, however they must all be credited. *For melee maps, imports should be of cosmetic use for terrain and decoration use ONLY. Any playable or killable unit should not have/be a custom import.
- Trigers may be used as long as they don't interupt the gameplay.
- Only 1 entry per 1 contestant.
- *For melee maps, any gameplay altering data may not be changed.
*For melee maps, the game data in the editor must be set to "Melee (latest patch)"
- You just have to make sure, that all 8 Tavern heroes are present on your map.
Breaking any of these rules may lead to punishment in the judgement score, up to disqualification from the contest, depending on the weight of the issue. In case of doubts towards a certain rule you are very encouraged to discuss it in the contest thread so others and judges may help with sorting it out.
- 1st place: 30 reputation points
- 2nd place: 20 reputation points
- 3rd place: 10 reputation points
- Judges: 5 rep
- @Sister She
|Is the map balanced for a player vs player 1v1? Are the positions and distance between points of interest fair? Does the map allow the 4 races to be balanced? Consider balance when implementing the pathing, resources, creep camps, and item drops.||50/100|
|Terrain||Is the map visually pleasing in mediums of terrain, doodad placement, and overall theme? Is the map repetitive? Is the aesthetic well designed but not overly obstructive?||35/100|
|Creativity & Uniqueness||Does the map bring something new or creative to the table?||15/100|
|Bugs||Scores may be brought down if there are bug-like issues such as faulty pathing, unusable resources, etc||-|
- 80% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 20% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
- The contest shall begin on August 22 and conclude on September 22, 23:59 GMT
Assigned Moderator: @Naze