- Nov 6, 2013
MELEE MAPPING CONTEST #3
Create a 4v4 melee map that excels in balance, terrain, dynamic, and creativity, while beeing suitable for the Warcraft III Reforged.
- No submission may violate any of the site rules.
- If a submission does not follow the map submission rules the creator will be disqualified.
- All submissions must follow the current theme. If any submission does not fit, a moderator will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
- You must submit your entry before the deadline. To submit your final entry, you must upload the entry's contents as a bundle in the Maps Section, and link to that bundle in this thread confirming the submission.
- Several screenshots of terrain and gameplay.
- The file in the appropriate format.
- You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
- Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
- Judges may not participate.
- Your final submission must be bug free.
- Teamwork is not allowed.
- Finding testers to help you with your submission is not considered teamwork.
- No custom imports are allowed.
- Triggers are not allowed.
- Only one entry per contestant.
- For melee maps, any gameplay altering data may not be changed. (No custom units/spells/buffs. Destructibles/objects may be changed, however we would highly apreciate, if you woulnd't do so.)
- 1st place: 30 reputation points
- 2nd place: 20 reputation points
- 3rd place: 10 reputation points
- Judges: 5 rep
|Is the map balanced for both teams? Are the positions and distance between points of interest fair? Does the map allow the 4 races to be balanced? Consider balance when implementing the pathing, resources, creep camps, and item drops.||50/100|
|Terrain||Is the map visually pleasing in mediums of terrain, doodad placement, and overall theme? Is the map repetitive? Is the aesthetic well designed but not overly obstructive?||35/100|
|Creativity & Uniqueness||Does the map bring something new or creative to the table?||15/100|
|Bugs||Scores may be brought down if there are bug-like issues such as faulty pathing, unusable resources, etc||-|
- 80% of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
- 20% of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
- The contest shall begin on December 1st and conclude on January 13th, 23:59 GMT
Assigned Moderator: @Naze