• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Frostfloe Deep

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Frostfloe Deep
149872-cf46c5ad1b18a6651c337f4328d8ec8c.png

An Underground map that has:

-9 expanding goldmines;
-4 goblin labs;
-6 goblin item shops;
-4 Lordaeron summer merc. camps;
-2 taverns;
-3 pairs of waygates.

-1 red creep,
-32 orange creeps,
-24 green creeps.

I used the presets tilesets, but added two Northrend buildable tiles.

Strategy

151153-7f5723b8d61a9be22912679e78d1b2b8.jpg

Wall the base with the barrack, altar, farms, towers.

151151-d19aec9f619e7ece6f1b597f1b48a983.jpg

Build buildings such the shop, the lumber mill and tier 2 griphon aviary, workshop... in the back.

151152-287996fccbadeb74ed08c2e4b07311b2.jpg

General strategy:
-Wall the base, hero 2 footmans/grunts, what ever.
- kill the green creeps first.
- Go for the orange that are defending nothing.
- Secure an expanding.
- Aim for the merc camp, goblin shops, goblin labs, later, they have creeps levels 16-18.
- I tested this map as 1vs1 and it can be rushed in Tier 2.
-Goldmines are placed so players get more near.
-The corner waygates, allow that 1 coner player can go and help another corner player fast.
-The center waygates, I put them because of this, way-gates reduce the walking so a corner player can use the way gate and walk less to the other enemy corner player. Also, the center is blocked, so way-gates are a short-cut to avoid the center.

Strategy of the goldmines.
There is 1 expanding near with 1 entrance. 2 expanding near but a bit more far with 2 entrance blocked with rock chunks that can be destroyed and used as a cheap wall (100 hp wont last). There is also a goldmine far away. 3 players can expand safe, but one has to make the effort to far expand. The others players may help that player to expand, trade them gold or even share goldmine for orcs and human races. In the center, a goldmine so it will worth to conquer the center (zeppeling or zapper).

Age of War places:

There are 4 places to set an AOW or 2.

- Near the Mercenary camps.
- Near the goblin labs.
- Near the orange camps defending nothing formed by trolls and wolf.
- Near the goblins markets.

151147-96baa9c75f5013e78a1e225e388d5d34.jpg

151148-f5309c18c755994ab060d3feec1a22df.jpg

151149-0609b2baf3a3fd45101925cd658588fe.jpg

151150-ddd890ea1405889ceb81346d87dc6662.jpg

Note: never try to put an AOW near a creep camp with a unit level 7 or above even in camp mode 200 they detect buildings at far range. Also don´t try it with the goldmines.

Strategy notes:
-The layout benefits a bit more the defense than the ofense. Players can help each other, so pros can help those who are a bit more slow.
- Hijack expansion is benefit to be done. (Part of the fun too).

History / Theme

Frostfloe Deep

Since ancient times it has been used as a burial place for Taunka warriors and chieftains (they look like taurens), and contains many Taunka relics. Recently, it has been corrupted by a malevolent force

Taunka

149860-dd57518cc85e07835ea6643e600c0806.png

Map made by Ragnaros17

Thanks to the following users of WC3 GYM Discord.

Beta-test: CepheidUK; BadHumanPlayer; mafe; floss2xdaily; BaDitO; Ember-; HankkWC; pepemooooooot.

Caster/ Referee: BaronVonSG.

This map is my entry for the Hiveworkshop 4v4 Melee Mapping contest #3 - 4v4.

Melee Mapping contest #3 - 4 vs 4

Saturday 29-12-18: First Upload.
Saturday 29-12-18: Update: main base creep loot defined.
Sunday 30-12-18: Update: blue gate left south corner, region mistake, fixed.
Thurday 3-1-19: filled some gaps, removed goldmines wooden barricade.
Sunday 6-1-19: some doodads added, including trees near taverns.
Friday 11-1-19:
-check and fix some AOW positions for AOW creeping. A sudden inspiration, added a mining prospection site at corner right down of the map.
- another last moment change: rock chunks of the center changed with barricade, more fast to destroy, 2 golem creeps changed with orge maggi.
- edited the orge maggi mixing them with trolls to have anti air counter.
Sunday 13-9-19:
-fixed green creeps near base.
- AOW option for goblin shops.

I want to dedicate my map to Mr.Henci and Twilight.
Contents

Frostfloe Deep (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Changes made, Approved. (previous comments: Frostfloe Deep)

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

Damn, so many pics! You outdid yourself.

Why are most of your pics all good and screenshot, but you have some taken from an old phone camera? :D
Other than that, wall in base tactic looks like fun!
Might give it a try, even though I'm not good at melee maps

Level 29
Damn, so many pics! You outdid yourself.

Why are most of your pics all good and screenshot, but you have some taken from an old phone camera? :D
Other than that, wall in base tactic looks like fun!
Might give it a try, even though I'm not good at melee maps

Because I can´t use the imprint page botton while playing, if I do, it just gets a screen of my desk and not the game, don´t know why. Thats the reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Last edited:
Level 29
Tried looking in the Warcraft III screenshots folder instead of pasting in MSPaint?

Also: Screenshots {how do you take screenshots and save them?}

I can only find in that folder the screens of the editor, no gameplay screens.
I think is related with my windows version, with an older version I could take the screen and save it inside a word, not anymore. Thanks for the hint.

updated screens, thanks guys for the hints.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll
+Melee Mapping contest #3 - Results

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Paillan
twojstaryjakcie
Daffa the Mage
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 29
Melee Mapping contest #3 - Poll
+Melee Mapping contest #3 - Results

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

Your review
  1. -not enough build space in bases (main problem: ubuildable terrain outside of the tree semicircle for roads and whatnot). Not only that but space for units to properly move through or defend with farms and towers. (improved)
  2. -I don't think Wand of Illusions should drop so early (nearest green camp). Blademasters would be in love if they knew it and also used Mirror Image. (wand removed)
  3. -camps too near each other. Easy-fast experience. (1 of the camps gives very little exp only 2 tuskar, also scorpid level 4 changed to 3)
  4. -I don't think the barricades are needed since the middle is already blocked. (removed)
  5. -problems with blockades is that ranged and artillery units even spells can be used on neutral camps behind the barriers to their disadvantage. (goldmines are ment to be taken early footmans and riflemans and hero, or grunts and trolls, if you use artillery, you are falling back in speed)
  6. -creative points: Way Gates (to help allies and get from side to side horizontally), rock chunks/barricades; terrain.

Wtii

1-My greatest concern is the Waygates at the top and bottom, I feel this could be massively abused my mass chimaeras or mobile forces, maneuvering back and forth over the trees too to take pot shots at vital targets. (removed)
2- Pathing will be linear & annoying because of the doodads & I believe Human will suffer for gaining a gold mine here.
(hard to change the linear, I beta tested with humans and could take the doodads rock chunks and the goldmine just fine)
3- however, the Overlord guarding the top & bottom Labs can drop a Diamond of Summoning which is an item that is not currently in any ladder map available, personally I feel this is because it is too strong, so this item should be removed, even though it is cool strategy wise.
(I screw it with the diamond of summoning, removed. Scorpid camps now is more easy now.)
4- I dislike doodads in general & I find the barricades along the middle of the map an unnecessary & tedious way (removed)

W3Sour

1-The green Arachnathid camp next to the bases is a bit too hard for a level 1
permanent because of the shadow strike. It deals quite a bit of damage and should reward
players with level 2 permanent instead. (scorpid level 4 to 3)
2-The lab should drop level 3 permanent instead of level
4 permanent. You already have level 4 permanent at the merc camp, and I think they’re both a
bit easy to creep for the reward. At least bring the lab reward to lvl 3 perm, so you don’t have
two of same item class so close together. (goblin lab ,from level 17 to level 19)
3- The goblin shops on the side are bit too easy for 2
tomes + level 4 charged. (more strong now from level 16 to 18).
4- The goblin shops on the side are bit too easy for 2
tomes + level 4 charged. The 3 o clock and 9 o clock Lizard expo’s are far too easy for reward
(Level 6 charged!!). What I would do is move the mud golem to the back of the camp and add
another Wildikin for 6-4-4-2-2-2 and make it drop lvel 5 permanent. (perma level 5 now, from level 16 to level 18)
5- Now with the level 6 charged, move that to the middle red camp with the polar bears and furbolgs… It will give that
middle camp much more interest and that camp also deserves more reward due to difficulty and
location. (yes, done)
6-not enough room to build (improved)

that should do?, not to reach Ladder but to get the approve here.

Because I can´t use the imprint page botton while playing, if I do, it just gets a screen of my desk and not the game, don´t know why. Thats the reason.
if you are playing/testing the map and the world editor is open, the game will take screenshots of the world editor instead of the game, you need to close the editor for the game to take screenshots of the game.