1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  11. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Forgotten straits

Submitted by Avahor
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.

[​IMG]

"...Into the eastern mountains,
there's an abandoned place
surrounded by rivers and straits
where the ancient cult of Irntu Hell
did day after day obscure rituals
Nobody walks across those hidden rivers
Nobody can walk safe across those cursed lands
The jungle kills anyone
who wants to continue the tradition...

• Hi guys,
    this is my entry for the 1v1 melee map contest.
    I hope you enjoy playing this new adventure.
    Please tell me if you find any unbalance or issue
    that affects the playing experience.
    This isn't final version
    Thank you

• -6 Gold mines, 3 each side. 15k g main. 12.5k g exp.
    -1 Tavern at center of the map
    -2 Goblin merchants
    -2 Mercenary camps (Sunken ruins)
    -2 Goblin laboratory
    -2 tiny creep camps per each player
    -2 medium creep camps per each player
    -2 hard creep camps per each player
    - Mercenary, laboratory and goblin shops are guarded by creeps.

• ======v1.2=======

-Added two red camps at center of the map (camp lev 20, random lev 5 charged itm, random lev 2 pwr up itm)
    - Minor terrain modifications for these new creep camps

======v1.1=======
    -added trees to high creep camp, for NE balance
    -relocated some trees on low ccreep camp to prevent scout ambush

Contents

Forgotten straits (Map)

Reviews
W3Sour
great looking, I can see some of the creep camps inspired by Echo Isle here. Personally I'd like to see a tad more width to the map, and a little less length. Really enjoy the uniqueness of it. right now I'm getting the impression that it will be a...
deepstrasz
Awaiting Update based on reviews here: Melee Mapping Contest #2 - Results
Daffa the Mage
Too long as Awaiting Update. Substandard until the author updates and requested another review.
  1. W3Sour

W3Sour

Resources:
    Resources:
    great looking, I can see some of the creep camps inspired by Echo Isle here. Personally I'd like to see a tad more width to the map, and a little less length.

Really enjoy the uniqueness of it.

right now I'm getting the impression that it will be a very "ill creep my side of the map, then attack you" kind of map, just because you have very attractive creep camps all around the base / on your own side, that there will be no reason to harass - especially given the distances between the bases. Great items, good creeps, and many of them.

I think the overall layout , making it wider, and moving some more powerful creeps in the middle to fight over would make it better, personally.

Item drops look good overall in accordance with the creep camps

2. Veldris

Veldris

Resources:
    Resources:
    10/10 Environment

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  4. Avahor

Avahor

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Wuajjajajaja, as I read the reviews, it looks as I'll have to rebuild the entire map.

5. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You have to fix what you can to make it more melee not remake it from scratch.

6. Avahor

Avahor

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yeah, that's what I'll do. Thank you!

7. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Too long as Awaiting Update. Substandard until the author updates and requested another review.