• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forgotten

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
After years of solitude, an ancient temple has been discovered. It holds great treasures as well as great dangers. Four players must struggle for the domination of the middle area as it is the only land route to other bases. Alternative way can be obtained through use of goblin zeppelins but beware, the guardians lurking in the temple are not to be ignored for their strength is formidable.

Originally made for the hive olympics by me, this map has been modified to fit the melee conditions after the formal resignation of team DEV. I hope you'll enjoy playing it as much as i enjoyed creating it.

Keywords:
sunken ruins, temple, melee, four players, guardians, zeppelins, naga
Contents

Forgotten (Map)

Reviews
10:52, 11th July 2009, by Rui: A map that could have worked out well with its layout, but the authors did not succeed in anything else other than that. Rejected with 1,5/5 rating. Here's my entire review.

M

10:52, 11th July 2009, by Rui:
A map that could have worked out well with its layout, but the authors did not succeed in anything else other than that. Rejected with 1,5/5 rating. Here's my entire [self=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/forgotten-99759/#post1212231]review[/self].

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Terrain & Resources
As for the terrain, I have to said it is quite astonishing for me. Unlike some great terrainer that often focus adding destructible/doodad such as stone, flower and weed around the forest. You add some of it along the field to give it a much fresh view.

However, there is a few question that I would like to ask. Such as the function of this tiny hill, it seems to be partically useless since you did not place creep over it.

1898WC3ScrnShot_100308_012801_01.jpg

And what amuse me is this waterfall. It seems to flow rather rapidly, but the pond water seem to be shallow.

8977WC3ScrnShot_100308_012801_01.jpg

The resources are destribute quite fair enough to enable the game been play in smooth condition.
Error
As for any error that occur at this map, I do not think I see any of it other than those unit facing position.
Unit Position & Item Drop
The item drop seem to be fair and the position of the unit are well place, but you should fix the unit facing position. Their facing position are quite random
Packaging & Description/Information/Detail
The storyline are well written and it is quite pleasant, it could probably attract people to download this map which is quite a good packaging, I assume.

As for the detail... yep, it been give quite clear. If you make it much fancy and delicate, it probably would earn a full score from me.
Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules
Quality of this map is quite high, it been a long time I have never seen such a good quality map from other user other than Revan(Rom) and Kalimachos. It even follow the rules of our site as well.
Overall Review
I would like to give the terrain a full score, but I cannot do it without getting a proper answer about the 2 question I have just mention at terrain review.

But, who cares about the 2 score as long as it get 5/5 ?

This is quite a high quality melee map that any melee lover should try.
Positive & Negative Point
[+] - Well detail terrain, although there is some odd point I would like to know.
[!] - 4 fountain of mana is quite a lot, try set it to 2 fountain of health and 2 fountain of mana instead.
[-] - Unit facing position have to be fix.
Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating
1) Terrain - 18
2) Error - 19
3) Unit Position & Item Drop - 16
4) Packaging & Description/Information/Detail - 18
5) Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules - 20
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 91/100
Moderator Rating - 5/5
User Rating - 5/5
Condition - Very Good
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 31
The hill's function is aesthetics mostly but could be used as a scouting point(eg. for a tower) because of the broadened vision radius. As for the waterfall... eh, can't slow a model's animation and keep it default. Creep facing, true, i'll work on that. Expect an update very soon :D

Cause you add too much waterfall into it, making it seems to be flowing rapidly. Try reduce the amount of waterfall or make a deep water terrain near the waterfall.

Level 11
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Terrain & Resources
As for the terrain, I have to said it is quite astonishing for me. Unlike some great terrainer that often focus adding destructible/doodad such as stone, flower and weed around the forest. You add some of it along the field to give it a much fresh view.

However, there is a few question that I would like to ask. Such as the function of this tiny hill, it seems to be partically useless since you did not place creep over it.

1898WC3ScrnShot_100308_012801_01.jpg

And what amuse me is this waterfall. It seems to flow rather rapidly, but the pond water seem to be shallow.

8977WC3ScrnShot_100308_012801_01.jpg

The resources are destribute quite fair enough to enable the game been play in smooth condition.
Error
As for any error that occur at this map, I do not think I see any of it other than those unit facing position.
Unit Position & Item Drop
The item drop seem to be fair and the position of the unit are well place, but you should fix the unit facing position. Their facing position are quite random
Packaging & Description/Information/Detail
The storyline are well written and it is quite pleasant, it could probably attract people to download this map which is quite a good packaging, I assume.

As for the detail... yep, it been give quite clear. If you make it much fancy and delicate, it probably would earn a full score from me.
Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules
Quality of this map is quite high, it been a long time I have never seen such a good quality map from other user other than Revan(Rom) and Kalimachos. It even follow the rules of our site as well.
Overall Review
I would like to give the terrain a full score, but I cannot do it without getting a proper answer about the 2 question I have just mention at terrain review.

But, who cares about the 2 score as long as it get 5/5 ?

This is quite a high quality melee map that any melee lover should try.
Positive & Negative Point
[+] - Well detail terrain, although there is some odd point I would like to know.
[!] - 4 fountain of mana is quite a lot, try set it to 2 fountain of health and 2 fountain of mana instead.
[-] - Unit facing position have to be fix.
Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating
1) Terrain - 18
2) Error - 19
3) Unit Position & Item Drop - 16
4) Packaging & Description/Information/Detail - 18
5) Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules - 20
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 91/100
Moderator Rating - 5/5
User Rating - 5/5
Condition - Very Good
Status - Approve
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Wow, 91/100. 5/5 from me, I played this over a LAN network, it work perfectly. Great map. :piru:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Rui's review for "Forgotten", melee map by Darkholme, Eccho, and Volvox

This is a very bad melee map. Plus, it is boring.
The layout is alright, you could have created a somewhat interesting game. However, the bad creep choice for Gold Mine guards, allied to the odd placement of neutral buildings, made this a long and boring teching map.

Landscape is badly textured and has no use of elevation. You used more doodads than most maps, but that did not contribute a lot. Those hills you made look very weird, as do the vine plant walls in Blue's territory.

I don't understand your choice and placement of neutral buildings. It'd be much more intelligent to have a Goblin Laboratory near your base so you can use Zeppelins to quickly get to the enemies' location, and a Goblin Merchant around the "temple", so you can dispose of it if you've forgotten your teleporting scroll, for example. Right now, the Merchant only serves to farm permanent items.
I also don't appreciate of the fountains. They serve the enemy more than yourself.

Creep choice and drops are bad.
First, the drops not equal to everyone and that's an imbalance issue, which should never be present on a melee map. They're also not balanced. So a Stormreaver Hermit and two Skeleton Orcs drop a tome? A lvl1 permanent is more adequate and the least we can ask for on a creep camp such a this.

Summarizing, this is a melee map that could have worked out, but there were major screwups by the authors' part. My rating is 1,5 out of 5, which makes a 2 (Lacking). Rejected(until updated).