• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Cursed Salesman

(2)The Cursed Salesman

5 gold mines
  • 2 starting goldmines (12500)
  • 2 expansion goldmines (11500)
  • 1 expansion goldmine (13000)

8 neutral buildings
  • 2 Goblin Merchants
  • 2 Goblin Laboratories
  • 2 Mercenary Camps
  • 1 Marketplace
  • 1 Tavern

Creeps:
  • 7 (easy)
  • 10 (medium)
  • 3 (hard)

Story:
Once this was a peacefull land but since the salesman was cursed for his malicious greed, no one ever came close to his market again.

This is an entry for the: Melee Mapping Contest #2

Changelog:
[Sep 19, 2018] uploaded the original map
[Sep 27, 2018] more balanced tree reserves for both players, minor aesthetic improvements

Previews
Contents

The Cursed Salesman (Map)

Reviews
Paillan
Your description is pretty weak. While I know I am not supposed to moderate this resource, I still hope you can at least fix that and use a proper melee description (like number of creep camps, shops and so on). No change in resources status has been...
Blood Raven
I really love the way the map looks, and it seems balanced for the most part, but there is one crucial flaw that I see: Red player has WAY more lumber in his base, while blue has to "expand" north for lumber. Also, the bases could be walled off by...
deepstrasz
Approved based on reviews here: Melee Mapping Contest #2 - Results
Level 19
Your description is pretty weak. While I know I am not supposed to moderate this resource, I still hope you can at least fix that and use a proper melee description (like number of creep camps, shops and so on).

No change in resources status has been made
======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

I really love the way the map looks, and it seems balanced for the most part, but there is one crucial flaw that I see: Red player has WAY more lumber in his base, while blue has to "expand" north for lumber.
Also, the bases could be walled off by using the town hall as part of the wall, but there is not much space left behind the wall to build Tier 2 buildings, especially for elves, who have to eat trees to make space, and again, in the blue base there is water where there should be trees, so no expanding your base towards the edge of the map like red can.

Level 5
Thanks a lot for the feedback guys! I added some more info to the description, however i can not make any changes to the map itself before the contest deadline since i am not at home for the next few days :(

Level 5
Great map, melee players will really love this one, because it has the 3 'classic' melee map factors that players love

1) Green / Bright - Check
2) Lot's of space - Check
3) Attractive creeps (ease of creeping) - Check

That's why Twisted Meadows is so adored,

THis will be a fan favourite for sure among ladder players.

What I would change:

- The bottom expo in the middle, I think should have more space above it or goldmine/creeps move a tad down, to allow that to be a path plauyers can walk through without aggroing or creeping the actual camp.
- I'm thinking of adding a camp either side of the map somewhere. An additional creep camp per player , not sure where though
- SOme area's you can see the 'black' outline/border of the map. This should be fixed, as Blizzard doesn;'t like players seeing this.

That's all I can think of for now, but it just my quick thoughts. I'll more to this later

Level 13
I messed around with it a little and gotta say i really like it. it's been a real long time since i played ladder so i won't try to comment on balance but the maps i liked when i played a lot were maps with a fair bit of open terrain, mainly creeps that sleep and that don't come after you a lot when you're just trying to get from A to B. This map fulfills that and looks good doing it, i feel pretty sure i would have it on thumbs up if it were a ladder option.