1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Fill your cup and take your pick among the maps best suited for this year's Hive Cup. The 6th Melee Mapping Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Last Snow

Submitted by Ossavi
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
(2)Last Snow

General Info:
Players: 1v1
Size: 90x92
Created for "Melee Mapping Contest #6"

Neutral Buildings:
4 Goldmines
2 Shops
2 Labs
2 Mercs
1 Tavern

Creepcamps:
6 Green
10 Orange
2 Red

Creeping:
-For level 2 you can creep the orange camp next to your base and any other camp on the map
-For a fast level 3 as human you creep the orange camp next to your base, then the green camp next to it, then the green camp with the wolf while simultaneously creeping the murlocs with militia (this results in the exact same time for lvl 3 as on CH)
-AOW can be placed to creep the orange camp next to the base, and can later move over to the more difficult orange camp next to it; Also it is possible to build the AOW in between the orange and the green camp to creep both of them early

Update (26.08.20)
- added a green camp next to the base and changed some creeps
- since I did not mention the last couple of updates yet that happened over the last week, here's a list:
- changed the layout of the green camps in the middle
- changed all treelines on the map to minimize the amout of hiding spots for wisps
- changed the amount of gold in the expansion gold mines to 20k (similar to AZ)
- added some doodads and cliffs to make the map more visually appealing

Previews
Contents

Last Snow (Map)

1. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    dont forget to copy the link of this map and paste it on the hive melee cup page so the mod can add your map to the map list.

2. Zucth

Zucth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Minimap look very good.
    but why do I feel like Hu can do tower rush game here?
    Idk...

3. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I understand that when you play competitive tournaments. there are observers and referees,
    it is usually forbidden to send your peons and tower-rush, militia rush in the start.

90x92 is a valid map size. just as comparison Last Refuge is 84x84
    Last Refuge - Liquipedia Warcraft Wiki

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  4. Zucth

Zucth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh welp that make sense. :plol:

5. SayuriTenshi

SayuriTenshi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    AZ is 80x80 and tower rushes are almost never seen anymore. Since when its forbidden Oo? 0 problems with that here

6. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I read once in a single cup that do the militia rush or tower rush at start was forbidden, considered as a distance problem (of the map) exploit.

my mistake for consider this as a general thing, when I only read it once. I
    already deleted my text of my previous post to avoid confusion

But also I think that send all peons at start and militia/tower rush the enemy and win in 2 mins is not exactly fun to see or cast.
    fun games are of 15 mins, with creeping, expanding, hack expandings, a full confrontation and gg.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  7. SayuriTenshi

SayuriTenshi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    "But also I think that send all peons at start and militia/tower rush the enemy and win is not exactly fun to see or cast.
    fun games are of 15 mins, with creeping, expanding, hack expandings, a full confrontation and gg."

Every good player can defend it to the point that it got extremly rare. especially the just run over at the start wihout hero is totaly never seen cuz its sooo bad

8. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    good to know thanks.

9. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is a very good map. Nevertheless, some questions/suggestions:
    1. While the rocks, mushrooms etc in front of trees look nice, they can cause treants to be stuck. In particular in locations where they are on the north side of the trees, so that they might even be hidden by the trees on most camera angles.
    2. Flowers/shrubs near expansions can look kinda our of place on blight if undeads expand there.
    3. With just one expansion per player, and all mines on 12500 gold, the map might create stalemate situation where all mines run out of gold, all creeps are killed, and attacking is not really an option either. Like it sometimes happens on EI. I personally dont like this. Maybe you can somewhat increase the gold amount in the expansion (as it is done on AZ).
    4. Looking at the earlygame creep routes, it seems to me that in nearly all games, taking the green (lvl 2 permanent) camp next to your base is the only viable option (when going for militia-/AW-creeping). Everything else seems very risky to me. This reminds me of LR, so it is not automatically bad. But I feel that there could be another option to make the first minutes of the game less predictable.
    5. Currently there are virtually infinetly many "untouchable wisp" trees, i.e. trees where melee units cannot attack wisps. This is the case everywhere were a corner, but not a an edge, of the tiles occupied by a tree is adjacent to walkable terrain. Removing this would be annoying, but for competitive maps, this is essentially a must.
    6. I would have expected a tome at the shops/merc camps as a secondary item drop.

10. LifeguardLeroy

LifeguardLeroy

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Very nice melee map, randomly while testing the map my archmage got stuck behind a destructible cage. suggest making the cages indestructible. It was kind of hilarious I just able to teleport out, only wish reforged has functioning replays.

11. WolfFarkas

WolfFarkas

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really like this map layout and neutral positions.