1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

A Land Divided

Submitted by adamcg
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
(2) A Land Divided
+--------------------------------+
Author: AdamCG
Tileset: Lordaeron Summer
Suggested Players: 1v1
Map Size: Tiny (84 x 84)
Description: "Autumn is sweeping over the land of Lordaeron, yet the southern shores of these wetlands remain inexplicably unaffected by the changing season."
League(s): PTGL (www.ptgleague.com)
-----------------------------------
Comments: LD probably lands as one of my top two favorite maps. I love the way the terrain turned out – it was quite a challenge working with and integrating the two separate sides of the map and making them work. I’ve seen quite a few league games played on this map and I am consistently excited by the vast amount of creeping patterns that are available. It’s also always nice to work with the Lordaeron creep set – which time has been time proven as the hands down best of the bunch.
+--------------------------------+
Screenshot
[​IMG]

Current version: 3.0

Keywords:
Melee, Melee Map, Land, Divided, Lordaeron Summer, Adamcg
Contents

A Land Divided (Map)

1. R.Gaming_Strike

R.Gaming_Strike

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well here comes my review:

A Land Devided is a balanced and well planned map. The creeps and the drops are done perfectly. ( But I personaly don´t like custom droptables...as they often not contain my beloved exptome - the tome of lameness:xxd:)
    The positions are very basic and the paths are fine, I like the wide battlefield on the river. (this path which is close to the shop)
    Overall its fine, but the only point I can mention is the difference in terrain. Not the tileset difference, but the difference in the quality of some places. I will do some screenshots of the things that I rly dont like.
    Also you could do something with this "road-tile" this brown...tile:con:
    I think you should move it UNDER the green grass. So it would look better.

Of course I will rate the map with 5/5 - but the terrain issuses cause the map being not perfect. I will screenshot the things that you should improve.

Everything else is rly perfect.

Screenshots with suggestions
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I hope I don´t need to explain you that xD

2. Peter Canvis

Peter Canvis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some doodads are in the water, even if they are not water doodads, please remove them.

3. R.Gaming_Strike

R.Gaming_Strike

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There only corpses in the water and its only 1 little spot...so your review is totaly wrong. All doodads there are water doodads. Except those corpses. Please prove what youre saying before comment and best way to stay right is not to comment, if youre not at the same skill-lvl with the mapper. I really hate such pointless reviews.

4. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And you really didn't have any other way to say it?

Well, I like the concept of the terrain, but I don't like how it's done.
    The rivers look a bit forced because it's been done with cliffs (and you had to do it with cliffs because you didn't set the initial cliff level to water :/).
    There are only a few doodads (I think that about 90% of the environmental doodads is in the water - trees don't count).
    Although a Lordaeron terrain is very hard to create (since it's one of the worst tilesets in my opinion), you've managed to make the tileset look avarage.
    There is no additional effect (fog or wheather) to make it look a bit better.
    Weather isn't necessary, but a fog can really make it look a lot better.

I don't know whether you used the grid or done it with your instincts, but it's very symmetrical (which is good, of course).
    I noticed that there were quite a lot of permanent item drops (which isn't really bad, but it would be better if you changed one or two permanent drops).
    I'm not really good with reviewing melee maps, so I can't say anything else.

Due to the low terrain polishing: Rejected (until updated)

5. Nudl9

Nudl9

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The thread is no longer locked, nice.
    Map looked pretty good so i wanted to drop some feedback:
    -Main base looks a bit tight, would make move towards corner for extra build space. Will need a milita timing check to see if it works.
    -Workers harvesting wood will chop into the nearby creep camps if not stopped, i'd place a few doodads between so they won't aggro.
    -Being able to see shop from bridge is very nice from gameplay perspective.
    -Sentry ward drop from murlocs is bad i think, small maps don't need to give additional vision or map control is too easy. Last Refuge has had this problem.
    -Don't use the item table function like "Orange Expo", it's super super buggy and i'm not sure why. But i had creeps drop crown of kings in my map for example.
    -Two tavern trees, good quality of life.

I think if you just fix the first point with having more space in base, it would be pretty solid.

6. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Ok, some quick notes:
    -Given the recent patches, you could once again use the default "random lvl 2 poweru/charged" templates.
    -Bridges..... frankly I dont think anyone likes them.
    -Some minor gaps between trees and other doodads.
    -Getting just one lvl 1 item from the three lvl 3 ogres is kinda underwhelming. Maybe add a powerup.

Other than that, a well-made balanced map without any apparent big innovations.

Edit: Critters should be placed more symmetrically and maybe add a few more too.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2020