• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Divided

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: -Kobas-
Divided

Features
- 4 Gold Mines, 2 for each player. Main Gold Mine has 12500 gold stored, expansion Gold Mine has 7500 gold stored
-Goblin Laboratory
-2 Green Camps
-Goblin Merchant
-Tavern
-2 Orange Camps

Extra Info
What I intended to do with this melee map is an early battle. The two opponents will clash early in-game which eventually leads to more constant raiding.

Map Preview Image
228927-albums6424-picture71738.png

Keywords:
Melee,Divided,Battle,Melee,Divided,Battle,Melee,Divided,Battle,Melee,Divided,Battle,Melee,Divided,Battle,Melee,Divided,Battle
Contents

Divided (Map)

Reviews
Moderator: -Kobas- Contact: Visitor Message / Private Message! Date: 13-Jul-13 (12:05:49)Critical Errors:Your Map has low quality terrain. Useful Links:The Important Site Rules. You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your...

M

Moderator: -Kobas-
Date: 13-Jul-13 (12:05:49)
Critical Errors:
Your Map has low quality terrain.
Useful Links:
The Important Site Rules.
You can use Map Development Section for testing and improving your maps.
Got any World Editor related questions? Make a thread in the World Editor Help Zone Section
The Important Site Tutorials.
If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation.
Personal Comment:
Human player can easily win early game rushing militia units on enemy.
Map Status: Rejected
(1/5) Unacceptable

Level 10
It is too bland, no height variation, no doodads besides trees, only two pairs of creep groups.

Voting for rejection, since it is bland. I think you can get it higher, by jazzing it up with other doodads around the center and some height variation, and maybe a bit more tiles, but the highest you will get is a 3/5 due to the limited space.

Level 29
It is too bland, no height variation, no doodads besides trees, only two pairs of creep groups.

Voting for rejection, since it is bland. I think you can get it higher, by jazzing it up with other doodads around the center and some height variation, and maybe a bit more tiles, but the highest you will get is a 3/5 due to the limited space.

second you in the rejection friend. In this way you and me wont be taged as evil people

[Reviewer Template made by Legal_Ease]
abgm's review
***Divided***

Map Overview

***Never see a 64x64 map for 4 players and there a lot of reasons for that, there are big problems in size of map, enviroment and game play***

What I liked:

1)starting locations as the map is a 2 vs 2 map

What could be improved:

1) i never see a 4 player map with 64x64 size, too small, i sugest make it for 1 vs 1 or make it bigger
2) not enough creeps
3) terrain all flat and the mix of wild tiles is not to atractive
4) not enough resourses such as markets, taverns,mercenary camps and fountais for a 4 player map
5) as there arent enough creeps, the loot system cant be well too. domino chain
6) exept trees, not a single doodad, so the enviroment, i dont see a nice enviroment
7) Nigth elves unbalanced, remove some trees and leave the goldmines open, when making maps, balance is needed to be considered. Also there is another issue, wisp cant defend themselves so you can go with the peons and kill them(I quote Sonofjay knowledge)

Rating and Final Thoughts:

***rejection*** ***My vote is equal to the user Cromox, rejection, this map isnt well worked, it can be done in 30-60 mins, a 64x64 map is only for 1 vs 1 maps, 4 players maps requires bigger size like 96x96 or 128x128
I sugest you user to look approved maps, read tutorials to improve your skills.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9

3/5 is either pending or approved. 2/5 and downwards are pending or rejected.

>Not enough Creep
>Not enough Shop
>Limited Space
>No Real Creep Farming, I recommend a bigger map size since 64X64 is not fit for 4 players.

2/5 Rejection

second you in the rejection friend. In this way you and me wont be taged as evil people
You guys know? I am the corrupt one here :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 29
With all respect i want to say somenthing, this map has 3 users vote for rejection
and is approved? i know users votes doesnt count

my point is i saw a lot of maps, and some of them good maps rejected, maps much more worked rejected,
i can quote maps more worked rejected if somebody is interested(it really sounds redundant)

do people understand my conflict, im really shocked...
and i m not saiying this to do harm to Silverfox, on the oposite i want to see him upload nice maps

my vote is still voting for rejection, in fact i will rate with 1/5(edit i changed my vote), if there is an update i will donwload it and reconsider my vote.

edit: looking in your profile Silverfox, i found this
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/228927-albums6424-picture69704.html
this map was much better(it has more work) and was rejected

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
*See a cute preview image of a melee map.*

*Checks screenshots*

*Walks away*

Well I don't really agree on its approval but I'll just tell you that if you're making a very simple layout on a melee terrain.. at least make it balance.

EDIT:

There are many obvious points why this need to be set back to pending for further improvements but well..

EDIT:

I still prefer this one http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...n-forest-185194/?prev=t=51&r=20&d=list&page=8 if we're just talking about melee map that challenge you on spacing.

Level 30
Divided Review

Introduction

No offense intended by this but I do think this needs alot of effort to be approved for me. For a 4 player this is too small and early clashes is a disadvantage to Night Elf due to their Wisp cannot attack and such.

Unexpected tab 1

[tab][tabheader]Good Points:[/tabheader]
  • Map has required resources as far as I can see
  • Balanced Creeps
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Bad Points:[/tabheader]
  • Terrain needs alot of work and is quite bad. First of all, the environment is quite empty and lastly, the tiles doesnt blend well and is putted so "straight" and not scattered which is much more better.
  • Too small for 4 players melee map. You plan for early clashes but you must also remember that this is a disadvantage to NE because the workers cannot fight like the other races' workers. Wisps cannot attack and only build which makes them powerless at early.
[/tab]

[tab][tabheader]Suggestions:[/tabheader]
  • Improve the terrain. It definetly needs some work from you. Give it some love! :cgrin:
  • Make the map bigger. This just doesnt fit with a small map. Early clashes is a disadvantage to some races.
[/tab]

Comment

Overall, bad melee map with quite bad terrain and small map for a 4 player.

Also with al; respect, I am not offending your work but helping you to improve it so good luck.

Ratings: 2/5
Vote: Pending

Level 32
To be honest, the gameplay is not "boring," but, there is basically a very low amount of creativity, and effort. (I usually don't judge a map on someone's effort, but you can work harder.)

Yes, it is playable. But I would've vote for rejection as well. The computers do early raids on my farms :(

What I suggest you do (creator), you examine other maps on Hive Workshop with 3+ ratings, or look at some of your favorite Blizzard melee maps.

I wasn't here for a long time, so I needed to test you, map reviewers.
abgm send me pm and I explained to him what is this all about.

Before approved map wasn't rated and you all voted for rejection, after my approval,
map got 3 votes 2/5. Please don't let my or any other opinion affect yours.

UndeadImmortal gave you right answer, human militia units are core problem here,
and before update ally undead player would collide with your buildable space,
if you play other race.

Still it was nice to see normal reaction from both author and community, no bad words,
no trolling and no flaming.

Map is now rated 1/5 and rejected.
Have a nice day, -Kobas-.

EDIT:

Gave few of you some reputation. Enjoy.