• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Divided lands

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Divided Lands
A warcraft III The Frozen Throne map

You can support me by downloading the map here.
You can of course also download the map directly in this post.

Description of the map:
The map is an 8-player map. Suggested players are 2v2 or 4v4. The map contains interactive NPCs, quests and unique units, buildings and items which are available for the players.
The map is recommended without AIs because of the complexity of the map. AIs can be applied but AIs will have problems of interfering with the map's unique features.

The story of the map:
After King Gordork's sudden death, his four sons fought for the right of their father's throne. Creatures from the underground took advantage of the situation and seized King Gordork's fortress. Alliances with these brothers are needed in order to survive in these lands! The four brothers' camps offer valuable items and special units to extract gold and lumber reserves. But the accesses and prices of these offers aren't easily affordable.

Installation guide:
Place the file "(8)DividedLands.w3x" in the following path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Maps\FrozenThrone\(8)DividedLands.w3x" - (Recommended)
Except if you have placed the Warcraft III game files somewhere else on your computer.
The map can also be placed differently inside the "\Maps" folder if you prefer somewhere else.
If the recommended path is used, the map should be accessible in the FrozenThrone map folder ingame.

Give credits if you use the map in non-private contexts.
Send me a request in a message if you want to copy the map's triggers, edited objects or world parts. DON'T distribute to other sites and DON'T edit without my permission. Have fun with the map.;)

Change logs:
- Hotkey "G" has been added to the Gold Drill.
- Hero glow has been removed from the Goblin Worker Unit.
- Increment of hit points of the "Icecrown Tree Wall" destructible from 50(default) to 100 because of the lack of wood at the start locations.
04-19-2017

Credits to View Resources In Use

Trezon
Independent and voluntary map creator
Previews
Contents

Divided lands (Map)

Reviews
Hotwer
The map is good, really detailed on some aspects, you really did with care. Some points and suggestions: - The game lags a lot when the AI tries to kill Gordok (don't know the reason why), it was the NE, if you think there's any difference. - The...
deepstrasz
What's with all those tags? How do Template and Risk fit this map for instance? And, it's either melee or altered melee, not both. Not all heroes are available in the Tavern. Save it with the latest melee patch setting. Some creatures in the...
Level 7
The map is good, really detailed on some aspects, you really did with care.

Some points and suggestions:
- The game lags a lot when the AI tries to kill Gordok (don't know the reason why), it was the NE, if you think there's any difference.
- The idea of the Mining Drills is excelent, but some places it's uncertain the way to build at least what I noticed is that if you try to build the drills anywhere except dead center, it fails, and there are places where the dead center is not clear.
- Add a hotkey to build the Gold-Mining Drills
- Change the model of the Gold-Mining Drills builder to his model without the Hero shadow (didn't find any here on Hive but I think anyone would easily help with it)
- My base dried out of wood very quickly, I know it's probably the default trees health, but since there aren't much wood around the base, maybe you should consider increasing it a bit (that's just a consideration)
- If you could, program the AI to use the Gold-Minig Drills as well. It turn in to basically cheating when you use it agaisnt the AI right now.

Also my replay so you can see the notes I have.

Attachments

• Divided Lands Replay.w3g
    269.8 KB · Views: 71
Level 2
The map is good, really detailed on some aspects, you really did with care.

Some points and suggestions:
- The game lags a lot when the AI tries to kill Gordok (don't know the reason why), it was the NE, if you think there's any difference.
- The idea of the Mining Drills is excelent, but some places it's uncertain the way to build at least what I noticed is that if you try to build the drills anywhere except dead center, it fails, and there are places where the dead center is not clear.
- Add a hotkey to build the Gold-Mining Drills
- Change the model of the Gold-Mining Drills builder to his model without the Hero shadow (didn't find any here on Hive but I think anyone would easily help with it)
- My base dried out of wood very quickly, I know it's probably the default trees health, but since there aren't much wood around the base, maybe you should consider increasing it a bit (that's just a consideration)
- If you could, program the AI to use the Gold-Minig Drills as well. It turn in to basically cheating when you use it agaisnt the AI right now.

Also my replay so you can see the notes I have.

- I have no idea how to fix the issue of AIs killing Gordork. I haven't experienced the issue while testing the map though.
- I have made it possible to build 1 Gold Drill at all gold-drill areas except the red hostile spots where you can build 2. The terrain-type is the condition for building the Gold Drill, can't change the issue with the center.
- Hotkey will be added. ;)
- I have no idea of how I change the model of the Goblin Worker Unit but I have thought about it too. I have no experience in modeling.
- I will look into the wood-issue but there is intentionally significantly more wood at the extra gold mines.
- I don't know how to program the AI to build the Gold Drills in a proper way. Help would be wonderful!o_O

Level 7
- I have no idea how to fix the issue of AIs killing Gordork. I haven't experienced the issue while testing the map though.
- I have made it possible to build 1 Gold Drill at all gold-drill areas except the red hostile spots where you can build 2. The terrain-type is the condition for building the Gold Drill, can't change the issue with the center.
- Hotkey will be added. ;)
- I have no idea of how I change the model of the Goblin Worker Unit but I have thought about it too. I have no experience in modeling.
- I will look into the wood-issue but there is intentionally significantly more wood at the extra gold mines.
- I don't know how to program the AI to build the Gold Drills in a proper way. Help would be wonderful!o_O

About the Gold Drills, what I was suggesting is that you could make all places where you can build, squares. I know it may look ugly, but at least it would make it easier to place the drill.
About the IA, I don't know either, maybe creating a topic on the matter would help, someone probably know how to do something of the sort.
And about the goblin worker, just create a topic on Requests and someone who knows modelling can help you with that.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
  1. What's with all those tags? How do Template and Risk fit this map for instance? And, it's either melee or altered melee, not both.
  2. Not all heroes are available in the Tavern. Save it with the latest melee patch setting.
  3. Some creatures in the Mercenary Camp require a patron for their description to be seen. Normal camp units don't.
  4. The optional quests are all the same; they're a copy. I understand it's supposed to be equal for everybody, but the exact same thing for a fun map is boring. You should try to diversify the gameplay.
  5. King Gordok has an ability named Poison Sting with the same description as the spell's title. Finger of Pain does not mention how much damage it deals.

I really think this map would do best as a normal melee one than a slightly altered melee.

Set to Awaiting Update.

======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!