• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Land Divided AoS v1.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
-A Land Divided, AoS-

First public update to the AoS map A Land Divided, making this version 1.6 up from 1.4 (The original map was in testing only from 1.0-1.3, 1.5 was in test for its entirety).

Changes include:

Various gameplay improvements including the addition of access ramps to reach upper level towers, relocation of many towers and resources, improvements to spawn timers and spawned unit types, etc.

Some abilities were too mana intensive for their respective classes, many re-balances have been done in this respect.

A fourth tower boasting 11 new heroes has been added to help keep gameplay interesting and flavorful. There are now four towers (Black, White, Silver and Golden) containing a total of 44 selectable heroes.

A ratings system has been added in the hero descriptions, which depicts a scale of 1-5 for the respective hero's capacity for Harassment, Killing Heroes, Killing Units and Killing buildings. This system will help a player more easily decide what heroes to select depending on their mood, without requiring them to know everything about that hero.

Abilities which disabled or overrode orb abilities were previously unlabeled as doing so; These abilities are now marked as "Non-Stacking" in their research tooltips.

Some abilities which were previously not flagged to attack mechanical units have been changed to do so, however mechanical heroes are still immune to many types of magical effects.

Upgrades are now available for your faction's unit spawns. There are 12 upgrades total, each one with 5 ranks, to offer players another option for beating his or her opponents into submission.

Lastly, I'd like to remind anyone who hasn't seen or heard of this map that the map's layout is exactly the same as AoS Tri-War maps of old. Everything else I can think of, is not. If you are a person(s) who feels they are due credit, you may email me at [email protected] and we will discuss the matter.

Have fun, kick face and play some AoS! The next time you see an update will be if I find any major bugs in need of fixing or decide to add a building system. Kiitos!

-NeverDeath

Keywords:
Aeon of Strife, AoS, Hero Defense, A Land Divided
Contents

A Land Divided AoS v1.6 (Map)

Reviews
12:16, 10th Aug 2008 Firelord213: Positive Opinions: There's not much that I can add here, But I'll add what I find good in your map. • There aren't any Agility, Strength, Intelligence tomes. All AoS's that have tomes are always unbalanced...

M

12:16, 10th Aug 2008
Firelord213:

Positive Opinions:

There's not much that I can add here, But I'll add what I find good in your map.

There aren't any Agility, Strength, Intelligence tomes.
All AoS's that have tomes are always unbalanced and are not always fun to play.

Most AoS's have towers on cliffs, And there's no way to get up there unless if you are Maiev & use blink, Or if you're a ranged hero.
But you made it possible to go up to the towers & destroy them.

Negative Opinions:

I got a lot of comments to add here, Sadly.

The Hero selection could be better, It'd be more fun if you'd be a wisp as an example and go to beacons with heroes on, Not 4 towers placed at your base where you press icons to choose the heroes, You'll maybe tell me that if I choose the ''Wisp & beacon'' hero selection style then there wont be any information about the heroes!, There's a way to add information about the heroes even when you have the ''Wisp & Beacon'' hero selection style, You simply create floating text close to the beacon and there'll be a possibility to still get information.

The Custom Events, I did not like them at all, I thought that it'd be fun but no the mages were totally imbalanced and so were the champions.

The Mages
They had pretty much hit points and have high damage.
They attacked me 3 times and I was dead, At the level of 9.
And when you managed to kill them you gain about 150g,
I could just go kill some knights or militias and gain 150g.
That really needs to get fixed.

The Champions
These warriors are pretty much imbalanced,
The ''Bosses'' you have at your castle that are meant to defend the castle and be quite hard to kill are weaker than the Champions, And these champions spawn regularly.

They had about:
Hit Points: 4.800
Armor: 14+10[Aura]
Damage: 130.

I had about 100hp at level 16, and these warriors start spawning when you're about level 6-8, Yea that means I'm pretty much fucked when there's 2 enemy teams with 2 champions with a lot of units and some players in the middle.
The Champions give about 450-500 gold.

When a player dies, A message is displayed ''*name* has fallen'' or died or something like that.
I think it'd be best if you added who killed him/her.
Example : ''Name was killed by Name''.

The hero I played as, Also known as The Huntress had some interesting spells and some of them weren't balanced.

Immolation Arrows:
They added about 100 damage+ at higher levels, and uses about 25 mana per attack, It's a no cooldown spell.

My Ultimate spell *Forgot the name of it*:
It caused 600 damage at level 3 and drains 300 mana. and the casting time is 2 seconds and the cooldown is a quite long one.

Now, If I'm smart I cast Immolation Arrows 6 times and cause 100 damage + my normal damage, And my normal damage was about 80-100.That'd cause 200 damage. 6x200 = 1200.
1200 damage for 150 mana,
And my Ultimate which has a cooldown causes 600 damage for 300 mana.
Pretty unbalanced huh?

Remove the leavers, They really need to get removed, Because when they leave and there's no bosses & towers to defend you they easily get killed and the enemy players gain lots of gold.And please add messages when someone leaves, Because there is no such thing in your map.

There's a hero, The hero has the Moon Priestess model.
Well what she could do is Spawn 10 Spirit Owls.
And in the later part of the game ''Around level 16''.
They do about 100 damage [With ranged damage aura] and they have 1300 HP each.And with the hero that does about 130 damage, Yea you're pretty much fucked. 10x100 damage = 1000 damage and my hero had about 900 HP.
This caused everyone to leave and totally ruined the game.And this isn't the only Imbalanced hero.
I'll take another example,
Son of kthutlu is another imbalanced hero, He has about 1700 hit points and can cast some kind of green rock at you which does a lot damage, And when you kill him he revives and gain back 100% hitpoints, 1700+1700 hitpoints = 3400 hit points. Sounds fair huh?

Remove the possibility to destroy your own castle, If you wonder why would you ever try to destroy your own castle? Well I did that because I was totally bored and the game was totally imbalanced, Just wanted the game to end, If you wonder why didn't you just leave? Because I had to see if I loose if my Castle gets ruined and yes I did loose when it got destroyed.
I did not try every he but who knows if there's any more imbalanced heroes.

By the way, Some Item Recipes could be a good thing to add.

You have taken the template from AOS tri-wars.If was a open source map that you took the template from then you're not allowed to protect your map.

I rate this map 1/5, It really needs a lot more work.
Map is Rejected

Level 5
Any feedback or suggestions would be welcome. I intend to add more heroes and a unit upgrade system as an alternative strategy to attain victory, but currently nothing else. If someone had some good ideas they'd like to see make it into the map, or some feedback saying why they did/did not enjoy the map, that could also help. My friends and I have a great time playing it, and generally feel that while it lacks customized models and fancy JASS spells, that it's a solid play for 3v3v3 warfare.

I appreciate the 4 by the way, anything above average means I'm doing something right - but more than an ego stroke or a number, I'd like some actual feedback please :D

Level 5
A new update to a map that almost nobody downloaded, haha.

Would appreciate some sort of feedback this time, if anyone ever tries the map out ;) It's been a ton of fun for my friends and I, and a pretty fair venture in my own humble opinion, for a first WC3 Editor experience.

Enjoy!

Last edited: