• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Divided Plains

CroMoX Presents

Divided Plains
Created by CroMoX

Map Info

Welcome everyone to my second released melee map Divided Plains. This is a simple 1v1 map using the Lordaeron tileset, which I have never used much before (Wierd). This map is not meant to be for long play, but can drag out if you do not try to take advantage early. I made this map in 2 hours by the way. Here is the description for my map;

These plains were once conjoined, but due to a earthquake it created a crevice that filled up with water, dividing the plains.
Features

This map has several features;
- 2 Waygates
- 2 Goblin Merchants
- 2 Taverns
- 4 Gold Mines (2 starting, 2 expanding)

Creep camps also are;
- 6 Green Camps
- 4 orange camps
Screenshots

201832-albums5850-picture70858.jpg

Credits

Kobas - Template
Changelog

- Changed all units to camp mode
- Added some more tile variation
- Added some more doodads
- Added more height variation

- Changed unit position and type
- Changed tavern location
- Changed gold mine amount
- Added some doodads
- Removed the starting location units

Thank you to everyone who downloads this map, please leave a comment below and give me a rating, so I can improve for the next map (Also so you can tell me what you like).
Keywords:
Divided, River, Divided River, Lordaeron, Melee, Warcraft 3, Altered
Contents

Divided Plains (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet23:43, 23th June 2013 Map Approved Divided Plains (No Version/s Stated) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet23:43, 23th June 2013

Comment

Review

Map Approved
Divided Plains (No Version/s Stated)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Divided Plains" is a 1v1 Melee map in the theme of Lordaeron Summer style game.

"Equal placing of neutral buildings and creep difficulty is fair and good no much problems gathering resources and creeping out in early games but maybe you can expand the landscape a little to give more space on each bases."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain needs more tinkering of better atmosphere like realistic doodad placings and such, it looks monotone right now just a bit of practice and patience you can boost up more users due to eye candy terrain."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"In other words, map is set for another batch of melee genre and can be useful for other users to playl."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
8/1577%C

Level 2
My Review

Good points
-The map has balanced creeps/resources/etc.....
-The map is not that plain and is kind of ''special'' it uses waygates and waygates have been VERY underrated in the modding community
-Judging from the screenshots i can tell how good it is and so i downloaded it

Bad points
-I get attacked by the nearest creep camps after I made a few buildings to fortify my posstion by bottlenecking with a few farms
-Map requires a bit more doodads and id personaly like it if you made the map a bit bigger
-Instead of making the two sides exactly the same add some minor doodad differences

My rating - 2.8/5

Note: I suggest you add other doodads instead of filling it up with trees and PLEASE add small mountains and humps/crates on the ground the flat terrain disgusts me

On a side note its actually pretty good for what it is

EDIT: Yeah 2.6 Above does count as 3 i'l change that up,sorry for the kind-of late reply had to do some schoolwork

Last edited:
Level 10
My Review

Good points
-The map has balanced creeps/resources/etc.....
-The map is not that plain and is kind of ''special'' it uses waygates and waygates have been VERY underrated in the modding community
-Judging from the screenshots i can tell how good it is and so i downloaded it

Bad points
-I get attacked by the nearest creep camps after I made a few buildings to fortify my posstion by bottlenecking with a few farms
-Map requires a bit more doodads and id personaly like it if you made the map a bit bigger
-Instead of making the two sides exactly the same add some minor doodad differences

My rating - 2.8/5

Note: I suggest you add other doodads instead of filling it up with trees and PLEASE add small mountains and humps/crates on the ground the flat terrain disgusts me

On a side note its actually pretty good for what it is

Flat terrain? I have raised it quiet a bit at points and will not use noise tool since it makes terrible waves, so actually go into the editor rotate your camera and look at the terrain or use grid. Also I have tries to use environmental doodads not just "trees".

Will fix other problems

Offtopic: Doesn't 2.8 round off to be 3? Just saying

Level 10
Play with cliffs( I really don't get it why you guys are so afraid of using the cliff), more doodad variation and tile variation.

Oh yes I'm so scared of using a harmless tool! No. I just see tons of maps that go overboard with it and it looks terrible yet people go "Oh that looks great". Not everywhere is hilly every two metres (and not everywhere is flat I know, but you need a balance), but I will add some more variation with cliffs. Tile I will add I didn't see the dirt/grass tile >.< I will try to add more doodads, I know I lacked them and was having trouble finding some suitable ones, besides environment

in a 1vs1 player map put creeps in the starting gold mines is redundant,so you have an issue in the descripton, there are 2 orange camps, that wont be used never. (see my screen)

It's for if someone wants to play by themselves without the AI (Situation where someone might do this: To learn a race or the game). Also if you look closely at the description it even says: - 6 Orange Camps (Including starting position)

- i think the river is nice, but it bites a lot of game play, and 96x64 is less space, 96x96 it would be more interesting.

I know it bites some gameplay, but this map I was originally just being bored and screwing around with then I made something decent and I was like hmm continue.

-you have small space, so i recommend to put ALL the creeps in camp mode

Will do, I only put on some close

On other note: Updated

Last edited:
Level 10
a little boring if you ask my opinion, because you start and appears the board saiying "you have win", continue the play" or "exit game"
if someone wants to "learn" the use of a race, the campaing mode is much more fun.
but again put creeps in starting location in 1 vs 1 is the same as nothing

I was trying to find it, but Orcnet even told someone that made a 1v1 map to add the creeps to starting locations, I will try find the thread so I can link it. That is the main reason why I added them, but either way I did say in the description; "including the bases"; so I don't see the dilemma

Level 10
Why so many comments on that? I did it in lost ruins no comment on it. Post this map get flamed.

It doesnt affect gameplay, I mentioned it in description. Deal with it, and make a comment besides a redundant factor

Edit: Looks like my map didnt update to the latest version I will update tomorrow on phone now >. <
Edit 2: sorry about being angry

Last edited: