1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Plaguelands

Submitted by PigEater
This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
1v1 melee map entry for Hive Workshop Cup Melee Mapping Contest.

Map Info:

-Size: 116x116 (128x128)

-Description: Venture deep into the plagued forests of Lordaeron, but beware of the undead as well as scarlet crusaders who have sworn to cut down both living and the undead.

-Creep Camps: 10 orange, 10 green

-Neutral Buildings/Mines: 4x Gold Mines, 2x Goblin Laboratories, 2x Goblin Merchants
Previews
Contents

Plaguelands (Map)

Reviews
mafe
First of all this. At the moment, the map will be played on patch 1.07. Alternatively ou can set game data to "melee (latest patch)", to force the map to use the current patch. In general this is map with a good layout, but has a few mistakes in the...
  1. ADINIZ

ADINIZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    It is not classified as melee due to it having something modified in it. (either it being some units placed on someone's team or something modified in the editor, triggers or stuff. )

You can see if it has the melee status or not in the right-down corner of the screen.

2. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    First of all this. At the moment, the map will be played on patch 1.07. Alternatively ou can set game data to "melee (latest patch)", to force the map to use the current patch.

In general this is map with a good layout, but has a few mistakes in the details which should be fixed/could be improved:
    -Units near gold mines should not be on camp stance (i.e. not "blue") so that towers cannot be build nearby before killing the creeps.
    -The playable area normally does go up to the borders of the map (shadow area), this looks kinda weird ingame.
    -Why the modified tree? There is absolutely no need for that, you can just use doodads from any tileset in any map anyway.
    -Some creepcamps dont leave corpses behing. Add critters nearby so undeads can use rod of necromancy.
    -Some creepcamps dont drop item? Also some itemdrops are stronger/weaker than what's normally seen on ladder maps.
    -No possibiley for AoW-Creeping near main bases.
    -The map is also very large for a 1v1, but that cant be change now.
    -Countless small gaps between trees.

Un the upside, the map really remind me of the plaguelands and the general layout is good.

So I suggest you adress some/all of those issues in some way. Until then, map set to Awaiting update.

3. PigEater

PigEater

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for feedback, I'll try to find what's the cause of that (most likely it's some creep given to a player as you've mentioned).

I've basically forgot set the map to lastest patch, I should fix creeps at mines and item drops and the shadowy area soon. As for the gaps between trees, it's because of adding these single trees from other tiles, I'll address that too. Also can you explain what modified tree? I can't recall modifying any tree there. Thanks for feedback.

4. mafe

mafe

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    About the modified stuff, just check for whatever doodads, units or else are marked in pink in the object editor (F6).

5. PigEater

PigEater

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh well, it was the outland and dalaran ruins tree. I changed tilesets to all so I don't have to change tilesets whenever I need those, should have remembered about changing it back.