UNVEILING THE NEW MAJOR SUNKEN CITY UPDATE
Version 2.4.1 for Sunken City is out and it brings an immense amount of changes to the already legendary map. This version has been in development since August of 2017, which makes it the biggest update ever made for Sunken City. Spasmaster has once again outdone himself, the new changes are more than exciting!
The primary goal for this version was to improve the design of each hero by providing new customisation paths for the players via changes to the kits of the heroes and their talents, while also adding 2 new talents.
New Warlock and Tinker Talents
Every single hero has received some a degree of changes to their abilities, while with some heroes new spells and tools got introduced. Additionally, heroes like the Warlock and the Warrior got a visual update with new top-quality models created by Tauer The biggest update of all is the one for the Necromancer hero, who got a complete rework, including an amazing new model specifically created for Sunken City by Proxy and Nightmare! Big thanks to them!
New shop items got implemented while many others have received changes or improvements. The ESC Stats Menu got updated with two new stats for the players to choose from. The 'Mastery' and 'Pet Damage' stats got introduced, allowing many heroes additional customisation options they didn't have before.
The 'Mastery' and 'Pet Damage' stats are now available to be increased in the stats menu
These changes, combined with the changes to hero kits were all done with the intent of providing more build flexibility for the player, making each playthrough more interesting.
During the development of all the above mentioned features, many other changes sneaked in, such as:
- Glyph changes
- System improvements
- Changes to several boss fights
- New droppable items got added to the loot tables
- And even more - see the full list of changes in the Latest Changelog.
Many hours of work went into this version and we hope everyone will enjoy this update! Special thanks to my fellow testers from the Discord server who spent many hours themselves to help me bring this version to life.
You can download the version below and if you wish to play with us you can join our Discord server where all Sunken City players gather together and organize games. See you there!
The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!Dismiss Notice
The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.Dismiss Notice
Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!Dismiss Notice
Page 7 of 20
Created by Wareditor
- Mar 2, 2018
Let the Warcraft universe feel the power of The Hive
and send our fellow brothers into the battle of storm, earth and fire.
Shape a new son, give him the right looks and arm him
with a unique spell to rule the battlefield for our good!
Heed my call!
brought to you by
@Hayate and @YetAnotherYoutuber
9 th Hero Contest on Hive
7 Contest Submissions
3 Sections Involved
1 Amazing video
This video was made to showcase the incredible creations of our users
made for the Hive Member - Team Contest (Hero Contest #9)
RESULTS OF THE HIVE MEMBER - TEAM CONTEST
Created by Wareditor
You're Invited - Warcraft III Invitational!
- Feb 27, 2018
Over 15 years since the release of Reign of Chaos, Warcraft III has a new major patch coming and your favorite players are throwing the first Warcraft III Invitational to celebrate it!
Hosted by casters Neo and Remo of Back2Warcraft, join us on February 27 and February 28 on Twitch for a slew of special events, including Free-for-All, 4v4’s, and other friendly competitions. Well-known Warcraft III competitors from around the world will be getting together live at Blizzard HQ to showcase their talents in friendly competition!
We love and continue to support our Warcraft III community, and we’re excited to see classic competitors like Manuel “Grubby” Schenkhuizen, Park “Lyn” Joon, and Kim “ReMinD” Sung Sik try out all the new PTR changes for themselves—including balance adjustments to many heroes, 16:9 widescreen support, and more – all playable now on the PTR!
Be sure to tune in for your own sneak peek and check out our PTR patch notes for more information.
The invitational has concluded and was a massive success!
You can find replays and highlights of the event here: Blizzard Warcraft3 Invitational 2018 - YouTube
[War III] You're Invited - Warcraft III Invitational!
Warcraft 3 Invitational: Patch 1.29 Tournament by RehcraM
Created by StoPCampinGn00b
Rise, lurkers of Azeroth and the Hive. Patch 1.29 PTR is here!
- Feb 21, 2018
So to dive right into it, perhaps the biggest features include, true native widescreen support, the ability for 24 player maps, major hero balance changes, a new ladder map pool for all ladder modes, the major expansions of World Editor limits (Map size dimensions -> 480x480, object limit -> 30,000, terrain tiles -> 16, and many more limits raised), and over 90 new natives for the World Editor. If you had a hard time taking all of that in because it's absolutely crazy and packed into one loosely formatted paragraph, we can't blame you!
Note that all of these changes are in the public test realm, meaning it has separate Warcraft 3 server and download. But don't worry, these features should hit the main server when they are tested thoroughly enough and are clear for lift off. We went over all of these massive changes in detail below.
- Widescreen: The game now supports true widescreen; the game no longer stretches to fit a wide resolution.
- 24 Players: Maps are able to be created and played online with up to TWENTY-FOUR players! Prepare for some map makers to go overboard with this!
- Bug fixes: Mac client launches, clans can be created again, hosting bots and cross-realm hosting fixed.
- Streamer/Caster API: An officially supported Streamer/Caster API that allows us to read out information about gold, lumber, food usage, APM and more when observing games live. No more need to use sketchy hacks for this!
- Hero Balance Changes:
- Heroes: 11 main-race heroes and 6 tavern heroes wield changes, both minor and meta changing- Map Pools: All ladder mode map pools (1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and FFA) have been updated with vanilla maps and edited(LV) vanilla maps. See the full map pool list and specific balance details in the full patch notes linked at the bottom.
- Move Speed: Nearly all heroes had their move-speed increased from 270 -> 290, some heroes had durations toned down, possibly making for slightly faster gameplay
- Buff: Crypt Lord, Far Seer, Tauren Chieftain, Dreadlord, Firelord, Goblin Tinker, Goblin Alchemist, Dark Ranger
- Nerf: Blademaster (damage items lesser affects critical strike multiplier)
- Adjust: Mountain King, Keeper of the Grove, Warden, Paladin
- World Editor limit expansions: These raised limits speak for themselves. Go crazy modders!
- Object limit increased to 30,000- Over 90 New Natives: New natives add an array of new possibilities and more control in the editor. @Kam with the help of our users also pioneered the discussion in a Blizzard producer update.
- Map dimension size limit increased to 480 x 480
- Tile set limit increased to 16
- Max execution number increased to 1666666
- Max food limit increased to 999
- Max resource limit increased to 9999999
- Array size increased from 8192 to 32768
- Full control over special effects : scale, rotate, pitch and more! Say goodbye to dummy units for missiles systems or effect systems.
- Enhanced control over abilities, items and units.
- Even responses to mouse actions.
FULL PATCH NOTES AND PTR DOWNLOAD: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762056755
Editor changes: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20761976724
Map Pool / Balance changes: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20762006793
Hive bug report thread: [Feedback] Compiled List of 1.29 Bugs & Issues
UPDATE: Warcraft 3 Invitational
In the light of the recent news, Blizzard has decided to set up a giga-event for Wacraft 3 e-sport. Many old-school players are getting together to play on the new patch at Blizzard HQ. Be sure to watch the event on Back2Warcraft stream the 27th and 28th of February.
We hope that you guys are just as ecstatic for this patch and the future of Warcraft 3 as we are. And as always, please make sure to provide feedback regarding all these PTR updates so we can see them in great shape when they hit live on the main servers. If there's anything you'd like to share or report, please do so respectfully below, patch discussion, or in the Blizzard forums. Thank you everyone for being so passionate about this game and hopefully this will spark something more
Amazing image design credited to the one and only: @Wareditor
Created by Wareditor
- Feb 10, 2018
THE CURRENT STATE OF THE PROJECT
While HiveWE's end goal is to be a fully functional replacement and improvement of the original World Editor, the current features are limited. However, a lot of work has been put into the infrastructure to make this possible. Now that the basics are there implementing new features should be less of a lengthy process. So with this being a bit of a beta there are some limitations.
- Open and view Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne maps (not RoC yet)
- Pathing Brush: Edit the pathing map and save it. Now you can just draw straight on the pathing map saving you lots of time and your map will load quicker too be, because you dont have to place pathing blockers anymore.
From the rocks being unbuildable to being both unwalkable and unbuildable in 10 seconds!
There are some other creative things you can do too like making cliffs walkable, or an underwater map
- Slow with lots of doodads (10.000+)
- Doodad rendering is not 100% accurate (teamglow, billboards, etc)
- Does not render units
- Does not render ramps
So what’s next? Obviously removing the current limitations is a priority so that even bigger maps can be worked on with a cinematic 24 fps. After that some more features concerning pathing and some rudimentary terrain editing.
Here is a video of Retera explaining why this is the future with a neat exemple:
WHY A STANDALONE EDITOR AND NOT JNGP OR WEX ?
Modifying the existing World Editor, is a bit like glueing a spoiler onto a crappy car versus building a race car from the ground up.
Most of the extra functionality that JNGP or WEX offers is integrated using memory hacks, and while being very useful does feel a little glued on. A fully custom editor like this will allow us to do all kinds of new and exciting things such as editing the pathing map or increasing the limits on all kinds of things like the amount of cliffs.
There’s a long road ahead for HiveWE to someday fully replace the original World Editor, but until then you will get to enjoy a lot of additional features too. Feel like you could help? Then drop by in the Hiveworkshop Discord or submit a Pull Request to our Github.
* * *
This wouldn't have been possible without the incredible work of eejin and the help of Ghostwolf with deciphering the warcraft formats and general guidance. Without him this would have taken many times as long. Also many thanks to the rest of the community for all the help.
Page 7 of 20