• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged: Exodus of the Horde

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.
full

WARCRAFT III RE-REFORGED (RR)
PROLOGUE CAMPAIGN
EXODUS OF THE HORDE

This project truly captured what was intended for the Reforged campaign
Kam - Blizzard Warcraft 3: Reforged Campaign Designer
InsaneMonster did what Blizzard now find's impossible. Created something out of love for the original game and honored its memory
DesignerDave - Blizzard Warcraft 3: Classic Game Designer

FEATURES

• Actually remastered in-game cinematics, with angles, interface and style closely matching the ones shown at Blizzcon 2018
  • Reimagined maps and missions, with beautiful, easy to navigate terrain, modernized gameplay, redesigned quests and more meaningful events, often influencing following maps in interesting ways
  • Detailed and expanded lore, with a completely new interlude and epilogue, fleshed out characters and interactions, with many references from World of Warcraft
  • Rebalanced difficulty levels, to make the experience tailored and engaging to each player, with completely new AI scripts designed to give opponents a distinguishable personality
  • Multiple languages supported, including some voice acting for the additional dialogues, and all graphics mods compatible
  • New, lore accurate secrets and much much more... only waiting for you to play!

PROJECT'S SUBFORUM

FAQ <-- CLICK HERE FOR INSTALL INFO
  • IS THERE ANY COPYRIGHTED CUSTOM MUSIC IN THE CAMPAIGN?
    All music comes from Blizzard's games, specifically World of Warcraft and all of its expansions. You can record any footage of this campaign and put it online without risk of copyright infringements.
  • ARE HEROES LIKE IN THE VANILLA CAMPAIGN?
    Heroes abilities are the same of the vanilla campaign and the main and only hero of the campaign is Thrall, just like in the original one. The experience system, however, is tweaked to be more rewarding. In other words, your hero needs to be personally involved to gain experience and a lot of killing is usually required to gain levels. Tomes of experience and creep camps to clear come in really handy, so make sure to search for them!
  • WHAT ABOUT THE TUTORIAL?
    The tutorial is expanded and improved in many ways, beside the fact that it is now fully skippable. While keeping the same core, the tutorial is more explicative of the game mechanics and more interactive. It also features more hints and a bunch of useful optimizations to its triggers. Moreover, the tutorial is now streched along the entire campaign. In other words, you can choose to play or not to play the tutorials on the first and second map and if you do play them, some additional hints and information will be displayed in following missions too. If you skip the tutorials, simpler hints will be displayed like in regular campaigns. If you know how to play I do recommend skipping the tutorial for a more immersive and overall enjoyable experience.
  • WHAT ARE THE INTERLUDE AND THE EPILOGUE FOR?
    They integrate the story. Specifically, the interlude describes the chase of the stolen ships by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore's fleet and the shipwreck caused by the storm near the Maelstrom, as seen by Sen'Jin during its vision. It shows the arrival of the orcs on Darkspear Island and the reason why humans are there, too. The epilogue shows instead the Horde sailing to Kalimdor while something sinister happens in Lordaeron...
  • ARE THERE ANY KNOWN ISSUES?
    Not many, but I will list the few you might encounter:
    1. Opening the codex dialog while a cinematic is starting might have some weird effects on some cinematics. This is because the system I use to pause the game when the codex is opened just emulates Blizzard natives, which I can't use since that logic is hidden underneath the game engine. I will check if there is a way to prevent this, but it's very weird and low priority, so I can't promise on when it will be done. Don't report this bug to me because it's not really a bug, but just a very rare unintented behaviour that can be avoided very easily.
    2. Difficulty might not be retained between missions. Use the cheat code "howhard" to display the difficulty level of current mission. If it's not what you expect, just quit mission, select the new difficulty and then load it up again. Blizzard should have fixed this by now, but in case it happens again, you know how to deal with it.
    3. Sometimes facial animations of characters might stop working (partially or entirely). Usually restarting the game and reloading the map should fix the issue. It's also been noticed that facial animations tends to break more when alt-tabbing. This is due to Blizzard code, I can't fix it. If anyone knows a workaround, just let me know.
    4. In some locales, loading screen crest might be smaller or not fully centered. This is due to a bug in how the game client handles the loading screen crest, whose partially depends on the amount of text in the loading screen.
    5. If you reload a saved game, the crest might appear of the wrong race. Again, this is a Reforged issue, tell Blizzard about it.
    6. Some crashes might happen due to unpredictable circumstances. Just deal with them. It's not Re-Reforged, it's the game client.
    7. If the game crashes often, make sure to check your graphics settings, for Re-Reforged might be a bit heavier than vanilla Warcraft 3 Reforged:
      1. Reduce graphics quality in settings (make sure to not open options from in-game because, in rare cases, it could freeze the game);
      2. Set game to fullscreen mode;
      3. Close all other applications you can close, to reduce RAM and GPU usages.

CURRENTLY SUPPORTED LANGUAGES

full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Note: a greyed out flag means the translation is current in progress, so not yet completed for all missions or just missing some parts.

SHOWCASES

Note: I will feature as many showcases as possible (they may be too many to be all featured here, huge thanks to the creators nonetheless). Please notice that some may not be up to date or they can be localized in languages other than english.

CREDITS

About me

Custom assets

Custom systems

Voice actors

Translators

Acknowledgements

Patrons Hall of Fame

My name is Luca Pasqualini and I'm an italian software engineer and teacher. I was a researcher with a PhD in AI. I love developing games in my spare time.

I have partecipated to the Rock The Cabinet 2017: Co-op edition contest for Starcraft 2 and my map, Mercenary Business made it to the top 10.

I was hyped beyond any imagination for Warcraft 3: Reforged, and while the disappointment was there, I saw great potential in the art assets and in the few but key changes Blizzard made to the engine. Mostly for fun, I tried re-reforging the first map of the prologue with better cinematics and now... well, now here we are. I guess it's already been a long journey, and I am really excited of what's still ahead!

The following list is a definitely not comprehensive list of assets used in some form that you can find on Hive Workshop.
In general, many models are built specifically for Re-Reforged and you can extract them and use them so long you give credits. Many of the following models have also been edited/improved to better work within the Re-Reforged ecosystem. Let me know if you see some assets (models, textures, icons...) in the campaign that are available on this website in some form and that are not credited here, I'll immediately add them in the list and give proper credits to their authors.

All the model designed for Re-Reforged are made by Mr. Ogre Man (main modeler) and Furgrim (fixer and animator).
All the icons designed for Re-Reforged are made by Handclaw. The amazing loading screens are made by Dagren

• LOA imtotallynotmute (english), Kentel (italian), Warglaive (spanish, europe), Lilmunsta (spanish, latino), Alexlei Negodaev (russian), 杰 (chinese simplified), Dariusz "Noktis"Ćwik (polish), MavByte (german), Akim Belkeir a.k.a "Shunrik" (french)
  • ACOLYTE ShadiHD (english), Alessandro "Dagren" Monti (italian), Warglaive (spanish, europe), Lilmunsta (spanish, latino), Feivurey (russian), 小白狮 (chinese simplified), Dariusz "Noktis"Ćwik (polish), MavByte (german), Alexandre Faller aka Ehlesgens (french)

• ITALIAN Luca Pasqualini
  • RUSSIAN Buffalo
  • SPANISH Serena H.
  • LATINO Serena H.
  • FRENCH Alexandre Faller a.k.a Ehlesgens
  • GERMAN MicRaving
  • POLISH Patryk „Dark Mefisto” Ośka
  • CHINESE (SIMPLIFIED) 正电子海, 蓝蓝子, 斯美拉琪海露, 奥丁信徒, Eddy

• AlexMSimenov for most early no-glow hero models.
  • loktar for the classic sound files in the second mission Departures. It was beautiful while it lasted... thanks!
  • DracoDirik for the overall support and beta-testing!
  • Tamplier777 for the insightful discussions about the World Editor, the overall help and beta-testing.
  • Zenmaster for the insightful discussions about the lore of Warcraft and the overall help.
  • Barorque for overall help and beta-testing.
  • ShadiHD for overall help and beta-testing.
  • Retera for making Retera Model Studio.
  • PaulH for beta-testing and the help on the lore and codex.
  • Serena H. for beta-testing.
  • Mr Ogre Man for his help with the models.
  • Knall for beta-testing and the collectible scrolls idea.
  • Spooki for overall help with the codex.
  • Zorrot for his help with the chinese community.
  • Warglaive for recording footage with graphics mods for the trailer.

For a comprehensive list of all the supporters, check out this page!

You all are amazing, thank you for your support!

CHANGELOG

03/07/2020

03/09/2020

05/03/2020

06/17/2020

09/19/2020

09/23/2020

01/07/2021

01/21/2021

02/12/2021

02/24/2021

08/19/2021

01/15/2022

01/30/2022

02/11/2022

05/06/2022

12/10/2022

12/11/2022

04/04/2023

04/05/2023

06/26/2023

07/14/2023

12/23/2023

• Released Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.0]

• Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.1]:
    - All creep camps now wake up when huts are attacked (if sleeping)
    - All creep camps spawn on harder difficulties is now bounded to the existance of the spawning hut
    - All creep camps spawn huts will immediately spawn their reinforcement if the relative hut is attacked
    - Improved the Sleeping Ogre camp
    - Fixed a bug which may cause the last cinematic to hang if a previous cutscene was skipped
    - Cleaned some triggers and removed some useless one

• Released Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.2]:
    - The tutorial is now optional and can be skipped with an appropriate dialog (no story content is lost if the tutorial is not played)
    - Added footsteps sounds during cinematics to all units
    - Increased the number of animated tree (thanks to additional trigger optimization)
    - Improved sounds variety and quality both during gameplay and during cinematics
    - Added visual effects to Medivh while morphing
    - Added lighting effects during cutscenes
    - Improved a bit the terrain
    - Improved tutorial in some points (with optimizations and additional indicators)
    - Added lore "hints" to display additional info about the Warcraft lore during the game
    - The ogre now has some personality and is quite of a challenge
    - Added a shaman and a war mill to the orc encampment for additional variety

• Released Mission 02 Interlude (Maelstrom) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.1]:
    - Removed hero glow from all heroes during cinematics
    - Added back lip-sync (animated portraits) to all characters during transmissions and cinematics
    - No more Hellscream™
    - Some little improvements to sounds, timings and overall terrain
    - Fixed some typos
    - Fixed some pathing issues
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.3]:
    - Removed hero glow from all heroes during cinematics
    - Added back lip-sync (animated portraits) to all characters during transmissions and cinematics
    - Fixed some typos

• Released Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Maelstrom) [v1.1]:
    - Improved terrain with a lot of small but important tweaks
    - Added custom models to Sen'Jin and Kul Tiras forces
    - Added scene showing the humans attacking the trolls
    - Now Nazgrel is the only raider in Thrall's group
    - Made it clear it is Sen'Jin vision all along
    - Other fixes and minor modifications according to the critiques I recieved when it was first released
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.2]:
    - Added some additional dialogues to increase immersion
    - Added a Gnoll lore hint
    - Improved cutscenes with custom models and small fixes
    - Added a specific Warsong grunt model
    - Gar'Thok has now a more prominent role
    - Fixed some more typos
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.4]:
    - Now Thrall leaves its tent on foot
    - Snowsong is a thing now
    - Added more sounds to the Horde's camp during the cinematic to make it fell more alive
    - Improved all the cinematics with small but important tweaks
    - Gar'Thok has now a more prominent role
    - Added some additional dialogues to increase immersion
    - Added an appropriate Ogre Mound to the sleeping ogre
    - Now the hidden potion secret is a much more appropriate Circle of Binding secret, summoning the potion

• Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.0.1]:
    - Fixed a tree trunk on the way of a shaman to appease MasterBlaster OCD
    - Fixed some bugs with the trigger queue in the third cinematic (Healed Fountain), where queue was not cleared and the fountain itself was not healed if the cinematics was skipped

Note: this release represent the final release of the campaign, because of that the update is quite heavy on changes to pre-existing maps.

• Released Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.1]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the overall design of the mission and the stability of it
    - Included the tutorial and cache to preserve game state
    - Reworked cinematics to look actually like Blizzcon 2018
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.2]:
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.3]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the tutorial and included cache to preserve game state
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.5]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the tutorial and included cache to preserve game state
    - Now the ogre and the trolls have more personality
    - Added localization

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.1]:
    - Music timings are now compatible with all localizations
    - Fixed a small bug in the spanish localization
    - Added WarCraft font for russian final text
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.1]:
    - Improved general mission balance
    - Fixed an issue that could cause enemy base to aggro on the player
    - Fixed an issue that could cause Zar'jira taunts to be in the wrong order
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.1]:
    - Reworked Snowsong section to be more engaging
    - Fixed some pathing issues
    - Fixed a bug on normal and easy difficulty that prevent a Tome Wraith from spawning
    - Increased a bit the difficulty of the "Dagon spawn" section of the boss fight
    - Fixed some display issues for spanish localization
    - Fixed some glaring bugs for russian localization
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.2]:
    - Moved a troll in the third village so that a crate can now be accessed
    - Fixed a display bug in the trolls' villages counter
    - Fixed italian, spanish and russian localization about the trolls' villages counter
    - Added french localization
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.3]:
    - Updated french localization
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.4]:
    - Fixed an hint about building a second barracks displaying when you already had a second barracks
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.6]:
    - Improved a bit the last camera on the final cinematic
    - Some small performance improvements in the Horde's base cinematic
    - Intro text has now proper russian WarCraft font
    - Fixed a small typo in the spanish intro text
    - Added german localization

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.2]:
    - Improved Kel'Thuzad animations a little bit
    - Improved russian localization
    - Improved russian voiced dialogues
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.2]:
    - Looping custom music is now restored when loading from save
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.2]:
    - Looping custom music is now restored when loading from save
    - Added codex system
    - Improved russian voiced dialogues
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.3]:
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.5]:
    - Added codex system
    - Added german localization
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.7]:
    - Added codex system
    - Added polish localization

Note: french translation, while made for all missions, is not fully tested, not voiced and has no codex entry for the majority of the mission. Thus, it's still in progress.
Also, note that on the map description in the custom games menu the wrong version is displayed. I've dropped versioning on the map description for the future and I will remove each one of them for the next update (it's long and I had to time in this update). To find out the map version, check the trigger editor of the map.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.3]:
    - Added chinese (simplified) localization
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.4]:
    - Fixed layout of trees around fountain to avoid units to get stuck
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.5]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.6]:
    - Adjusted Hellscream head angle during cinematics
    - Improved human base decorations
    - Made the children invulnerable
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.8]:
    - Fixed a typo in the english Forest Trolls codex

Note: this update features quite a lot of bug fixes with respect to localizations (typos, inconsistencies, some missing localization, etc), english included. Beside that, I also did an optimization pass. Technically speaking, all maps now runs on native lua and are fully leak free. I also optimized many triggers by enabling them only when needed in order to get a bit of performance back. This may be successful or not, always consider though that the high quantity of HD assets on screen (especially during cinematics) will always be taxing for any PC.
This update also features improved facial expression through all cinematics. Let me know what you think of it. While subtle, it can be noticed mostly by looking at the eyes movements of the characters while speaking.
You an also expect minor fixes through all the maps, even if not listed down below.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.4]:
    - Finished french localization
    - Finished german localization
    - Finished polish localization
    - Added spanish (latin america) localization
    - Added multiple models for the villagers of Andhoral
    - Improved a bit cutscenes animations
    - Fixed Kel'thuzad particle effect to be green
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.4]:
    - Added system to auto target certain neutral buildings (e.g. creep camps)
    - Fixed a bug on the Kul Tiras base preventing a rifleman to exit his tent when the camp was under attack
    - Vastly improved AI (how the AI attacks, where it attacks, etc)
    - Fixed Zar'jira attack routines to make sure she attacks twice and comments twice before the final wave
    - Overhauled environmental fog both in game and in cutscenes
    - Improved some camera angles
    - Improved a bit gameplay animations
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.4]:
    - Added range indicator on the 3D world for the murlocs on Snowsong section
    - Improved a bit the Snowsong countdown mechanic system to be a bit less punishing (but still impossible to cheese)
    - Improved Murloc High Sorcerer AI so now it won't as often stop while casting
    - Uniformed prisoners stats with player's one
    - Removed any visible boundary from the view
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.5]:
    - Rebalanced the Ogres to be stronger than Grunts
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.6]:
    - Fixed height of the troll hut of the first scene in order to be on the ground
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.7]:
    - Added multiple models for the villagers of Southshore
    - Improved and optimized the routines of the villagers of Southshore
    - Fixed a bug preventing certain neutral units (e.g. riderless horse) to be shown during cinematics
    - Improved a bit ambient sounds
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.9]:
    - Removed some critters that were making hard to path through
    - Improved a bit ambient sounds

Note: maintenance update to accompany the release of The Scourge of Lordaeron Act I.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.5]:
    - Some typo and consistency fixes in all localizations
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.5]:
    - Some minor improvements to AI
    - Changed gold mine model to reflect Sunken Ruins tileset
    - Some minor model fixes
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.5]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.6]:
    - Improved music to better reflect Alliance vs Horde theme
    - Changed gold mine model to reflect Sunken Ruins tileset
    - General improvements to creep camps
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.7]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.8]:
    - Hellscream is back... sorry guys, cannot risk to anger Games Workshop
    - Improved music to better reflect Alliance vs Horde theme
    - Some minor improvements to villager models and Syndicate units color
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.0]:

Note: this updated is focused on translation. Some english typos have been fixed too around all various maps.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.6]:
    - Improved french, russian and italian translation
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.6]:
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.6]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.7]:
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.8]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.9]:
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.1]:

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.7]:
    - Improved french translation
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.7]:
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.7]:
    - Fixed some italian translation typos
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.8]:
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.9]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v2.0]:
    - Fixed bug preventing creep camp fires to turn off when the relative creep camp is defeated
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.2]:
    - Fixed bug preventing creep camp fires to turn off when the relative creep camp is defeated

Note: this updated is focused on adding some more depth to the characters/factions, while bringing up to par with the human campaign all cinematics, back-end and front-end systems.
  • Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.8]:
    - Light overhaul (added a rim light, improved all Day-Night-Cycle (DNC), fixed black faces of unlit characters during cinematics using also ambient light)
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Added animated natural doddoads
    - Improved chinese translation
    - General optimization, bugfixes and improvements
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.8]:
    - Cinematic overhaul (reduced fades to black, improved some camera angle)
    - Light overhaul (added a rim light, improved all Day-Night-Cycle (DNC), fixed black faces of unlit characters during cinematics using also ambient light)
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Updated all Kul Tiras unit skins with new improved skins much easier to recognize and tell apart
    - Fixed Kelen the Seeker eyes not being blue like other High Elves
    - Rebalanced the tidesage (made stronger) and the hydromancer (made a bit weaker)
    - Added resistant skin to Nazgrel since it's a demi-hero
    - Reduced the amount of messages on screen, especially when tutorial is disabled
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.8]:
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Updated all Kul Tiras unit skins with new improved skins much easier to recognize and tell apart
    - Rebalanced the tidesage (made stronger) and the hydromancer (made a bit weaker)
    - Increased a bit the overall difficulty of the mission, especially in the last encounter (reduced Flame Strike cooldown, increased mana and damage of Dagon, reduced runes dropped by barrier Mur'Ghuls)
    - Reduced the amount of messages on screen, especially when tutorial is disabled
    - Added resistant skin to Snowsong since it's a demi-hero
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.9]:
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Updated barracks, farm and altar Kul Tiras skins to be thematic and easy to recognize (more skins will come in the future for all buildings requiring them!)
    - Fixed Kelen the Seeker not being able to use its Kelen's Dagger of Escape
    - Increased the strength of Sea Giant creep
    - Added resistant skin to Nazgrel since it's a demi-hero
    - Reduced the amount of messages on screen, especially when tutorial is disabled and also for what concerns the optional quest
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v2.0]:
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Updated all Kul Tiras skins (also added new skins, hopefully now nobody will think the captain is Proudmoore...)
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v2.1]:
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Completely redone villagers AI, now much more effective and less heavy on performances
    - Updated Warsong Grunt model to be much more unique
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.3]:
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Added new chinese logo

Note: this update brings compatibility to W3R 1.34, while adding a small bunch of improvements.
  • Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.9]:
    - General localization improvements
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v19]:
    - Improved Kul Tiras models
    - Made all codexes easier to find
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.9]:
    - Made the Murloc High Sorcerer a bit stronger to fight against
    - Now summoned units can't trigger the end game section
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v2.0]:
    - Added thematic Kul Tiras buildings
    - Made the Kul Tiras forces more prone to attack and less strong in defense
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v2.1]:
    - Improved weather effect during the storm
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v2.2]:
    - Made Southshore codex easier to find
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.4]:

Note: this is an hotfix to chinese translation.
  • Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.9]:
    - Improved chinese localization
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.9]:
    - Fixed chinese Codex dialog and buttons appearing as Allies
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.9]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v2.0]:
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v2.1]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v2.2]:
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.4]:

CUSTOM CAMPAIGN UPDATE
- The entire prologue campaign is now bundled in a single .w3n (custom campaign) map file. This allows you to select difficulty in the game, select missions in the game and load saved game through game menus.
- The entire package is around 600 MB smaller than the previous version
- The custom campaign features a custom loading screen inspired from the default game one with the appropriate information about Hive Workshop and the project Patreon page
- File organization is reworked completely: all files (including most of the object related strings) are now contained in only one file, thus making translation and fixing backend much easier
- Object data completely reworked: all custom units are assigned as map-specific or campaign-specific and they are all organized with proper ids
- Chaos damage removed on all creeps where it makes no sense to have it
- Divine armor icon now properly displayed
- Items are completely reworked: they are reorganized, harder to kill and their values make more sense on a global scale
- Integrated some balance changes since 1.31 to Re-Reforged (like Sundering Blades, Prioritize Air and more) plus some other to improve gameplay
- Improved some codex and hint texts on all missions
- Now human scout towers have 1800 sight range on both day and night
- Made Death Pact and Death Ritual cost 0 mana (with longer cooldown, like the integrated Far Sight)
- Racial shops are redone according to the new items categorization system
- General improvements to all models (some are even new, other improved and optimized for 1.35)
- All ghosts now have a 15% transparency added to them beside the model fresnel effect
- Complete rework of all walking sounds (they loop correctly now in all cinematics)
- Music save/reload bugs now fixed
- Music overall randomization is better when default music is played
- Music doesn't include TFT tracks as default tracks anymore
- Fixed music sometimes not resetting correctly to the intended playlist
- dded new cheats: now "ggwp" (add "-cache" or "-nocache" to make it save the cache or not). You can also display current difficulty using "howhard" and you can enable all campaign buttons using "notimetowaste"
- Codex system UI reworked: now using icons, more space to display text and better hints to avoid issues with scrolling (please note, it's impossible to make it scroll from the start due to an engine limitation)
- Codex system interaction reworked: now codex scrolls give XP to heroes collecting them depending on how difficult they are to find. Their position is also reworked to be easier to find in all maps
- Added custom loading screens for all missions, reflecting how the missions are supposed to take place in the extended world of WC3 joined with the world from WoW
- Optimized and improved all trees animations
- Added some unit (mostly creeps) randomization to increase replayability
- Added some items randomization to increase replayability
- Reworked the final "thank you" screen to be more up-to-date
- Added intro cinematic you can play before playing the campaign, like in default campaign
- Added campaign logo
- Improved Re-Reforged logo both in maps and in the campaign menu
- Improved custom voice acting
  • Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v2.0]:
    - Added more variation to the villagers
    - AI upscaled reslution of ships used in close-up shots
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v2.0]:
    - Now Snake Creature is a proper Naga Royal Guard (as per its stats)
    - Now the racial shop is already pre-built for the player
    - Some general environmental improvements
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v2.0]:
    - Completely reworked stealth detections sytem: new graphics, better introduction and now more integrated with the game
    - Made Ancient Spirits encounter overall harder
    - Made the fight at the barrier overall harder
    - Made the fight with the Murloc High Sorcerer overall easier
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v2.1]:
    - Improved some camera shots in various cinematics
    - The shop is now in-line with racial shops of the orc (within map tech-tree limits)
    - Made Ancient Spirit encounter overall harder
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v2.2]:
    - Reduced the amount of white in the dream sequence fades (now they are grey)
    - AI upscaled reslution of ships used in close-up shots
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v2.3]:
    - Added more variations to the villagers
    - Fixed peasant axing unappropriate stuff, now they axe wood
    - The mission now takes place nearby Southshore
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v2.5]:
    - Improved camp animations
    - Improved camp buildings scale
    - Now Medivh can't be selected in-game and its quest icon display the raven icon (why reveal his face earlier than the final cinematic?)
    - Now circles of power are hidden if not playing tutorial
    - Improved some tutorial hints
    - The mission now takes place in the Hillsbrad Foothills, at the boundary with the Arathi Highlands
    - Circle of Outer Binding renamed into Circle of Elements

Hotfix
- Removed all animated trees triggers (now it's done by fixing the models)
- Fixed some typos
- Added a missing loading screen (sometimes loading screens get removed by the editor when saving campaigns. In time I will understand the pattern to avoid that, but for now, just bear with me)

This version add localization in most languages, plus a bunch of fixes and improvements. As of now, only polish localization is still missing.
- Added french, spanish latino, spanish european, italian, chinese simplified, german, french and russian localization, consisting in UI, texts and full voice acting
- Added hydromancer adept/master icons
- Increased responsiveness of codex dialog buttons (when clicking on the text, now they are fully responsive)
- Removed most memory leaks in all maps
- Improved the loading screen graphics of Thoradin's Wall landmark
- Fixed some graphical issues on Kul Tiras buildings portraits
- Fixed detection aura moving around following the head of the model it was attached to
- Some minor improvements here and there

Hotfix, doesn't require map version change.
  • Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v2.1]:
    - Fixed an optimization issue causing attack waves to not start

This version add localization in polish language, plus a bunch of fixes and improvements.
- Added polish localization, consisting in UI, texts and full voice acting
- Fixed some typos in french localization
- Fixed some typos in the english localization
- Magic damage is now added on all creeps where it makes sense to have it, including custom units (e.g. tome wraiths, etc)
- Improved some models, textures and animations (e.g. golems, ogre mounds)
- Added custom model to Scurvy Pirates and Phat Lewt
- Removed built-in crest from loading screens
- Improved some AIs
- Optimized AI routines and removed their leaks
- Reworked checkpoints to avoid bugs and improve their spreading within the maps
Contents

W3RR Exodus of the Horde (Campaign)

Reviews
Barorque
First of all: @InsaneMonster managed to Re-Reforge the campaign, there is no doubt about that. Everyone who followed Reforged way back then was hyped. We were promised cinematics on far with modern expectations, some of us have hoped for extra...
Wazzz
What can be said about this rendition of the Prologue that hasn't been said already? Everything that was promised by Blizzard didn't even come close to what's been presented here. A lot of the touch ups to even the tutorial missions are intuitive. The...
Level 23
Would it not be better to put your energy into making a campaign that is not based on the original blizzard campaigns? Not trying to discourage you, but new campaigns often can bring more value to players than a revisioning of a campaign most people have already played.

Would it not be better to put your energy into making a campaign that is not based on the original blizzard campaigns? Not trying to discourage you, but new campaigns often can bring more value to players than a revisioning of a campaign most people have already played.

Actually I'm just trying to reforge it for good...

Level 21
Nicely done, i just played the prologue some days ago.

btw, when razing creep buildings at night, they will:
a) not respond to the destruction of their buildings
b) still spawn additional creeps, even-though you destroyed said buildings

here are some impressions (i'm playing with shadows off - much more fps in unit heavy mp-maps)

WC3ScrnShot_030720_181004_001.png WC3ScrnShot_030720_181452_001.png

Nicely done, i just played the prologue some days ago.

Thanks! :)

btw, when razing creep buildings at night, they will:
a) not respond to the destruction of their buildings
b) still spawn additional creeps, even-though you destroyed said buildings

Good catch! I didn't think of that. Will fix it soon and update accordingly.

here are some impressions (i'm playing with shadows off - much more fps in unit heavy mp-maps)

View attachment 348956 View attachment 348957

Was the frame rate good? I added a ton of doddoad but on my rig I had no problem whatsoever.

Level 23
Actually I'm just trying to reforge it for good...
Maybe you might try to "reforged it for good", but in the end how can you avoid doing exactly what blizzard did with Reforged?

Blizzard originally promised reforged to be something with a complete overhaul of the entire design of maps (such as the Stratholme demo), as well as the story changing based on WoW storyline (something which we did not even see in the demo, it was supposed to be that the entire dialogues would be changed).

Based on the screenshots you provided, you are not changing to the terrain to the extent the Stratholme mission was redesigned in, nor are you changing the story, since that would require voice acting.

It would appear you are "reforging" the campaign in the same way blizzard did--- i.e the way that was not promised, with just an updated campaign. Blizzard already did this. It did update cutscenes and cinematics in small ways. You are just following in its footsteps. If you are really serious about a Reforging the campaigns, then maybe it should be based on the way blizzard originally promised the campaign would be?

Maybe you might try to "reforged it for good", but in the end how can you avoid doing exactly what blizzard did with Reforged?

Blizzard originally promised reforged to be something with a complete overhaul of the entire design of maps (such as the Stratholme demo), as well as the story changing based on WoW storyline (something which we did not even see in the demo, it was supposed to be that the entire dialogues would be changed).

Based on the screenshots you provided, you are not changing to the terrain to the extent the Stratholme mission was redesigned in, nor are you changing the story, since that would require voice acting.

It would appear you are "reforging" the campaign in the same way blizzard did--- i.e the way that was not promised, with just an updated campaign. Blizzard already did this. It did update cutscenes and cinematics in small ways. You are just following in its footsteps.
If you are really serious about a Reforging the campaigns, then maybe it should be based on the way blizzard originally promised the campaign would be?

I'm mostly talking about cinematics, terrain quality and difficulties rebalance. The original idea is of course not feasibile with the resource at my disposal. I've not said: I'll do what Blizzard promised at Blizzcon 2018, I just can't.

I've just done what I believe they should have done to make those amazing assets justice... I'm actually trying to make cinematics really more... cinematics. There are loads of changes, since they are redone from scratch to be similar to the original The Culling Blizzcon 2018 demo cinematics.

Reforged cinematics are so bad. While classic graphics was good for that kind of simplistic shots and animations, new reforged graphics is not. That's one big part of what I did here.

Let's say it this way: I just would like to reforge the game (or parts of it, depends on the time I have) the way I like it to be reforged. I cannot change the story. I can however redesign some missions, for example I would like to make Thrall protect some troll encampments in the third mission of the prologue while humans attack them. I would like to completely redesign mission three, four and five to use Naga themed units and sunken ruins tileset. Also I would like to add a real enemy to the second mission, while bringing back the naval base to life.

The first mission was so simple it didn't require such extensive changes. It very much depends on the mission. But god I dislike WoW so much and I will never ever use it as a reference for anything.

I will edit the description to make the scope of the project clear, however.

Playing now. Very nice decision with adding critters, fog and and some actions to the camp)) It looks really live now!
Suggestions:
  • Could you please put some hay below the sleeping ogre.
  • When Thrall steps out of hist hut - can he be unmounted? you could switch him to mounted version when he arrives to camp.
  • Don't you want to add cinematic shots for forest trolls encounter? You could add an agressive quote from one of the trolls using sound foresttrollwhat2 (Do you wanna axe?) or using jungle troll quote (Don't mess with a bad guy) headhunteryesatack2

Last edited:
Could you please put some hay below the sleeping ogre.

Good idea! I will add it in the next update.

When Thrall steps out of hist hut - can he be unmounted? you could switch him to mounted version when he arrives to camp.

That was my first choice but I have to work with the limitations of the Reforged models. Thrall unmounted model has only three actually working animations (including the walk one), no head bone (cannot rotate its head) and no animations to be used during play (attack, spell, etc). If Blizzard (or some other modder) updates it, also by adding a mountless version of his wolf, I'll be glad to add what you suggest. After all, it doesn't make much sense to sleep with your wolf :p

Don't you want to add cinematic shots for forest trolls encounter? You could add an agressive quote from one of the trolls using sound foresttrollwhat2 (Do you wanna axe?) or using jungle troll quote (Don't mess with a bad guy) headhunteryesatack2

Mmmh I'm not too convinced by that. Trolls are supposed to be part of the tutorial on sleeping creeps, but they have no sleep animation. I could remove that tutorial part and make them awake all along, but I'm not completely certain that is a good change. Otherwise I believe the cutscene would look bad without proper animation of them sleeping.

That was my first choice but I have to work with the limitations of the Reforged models. Thrall unmounted model has only three actually working animations (including the walk one), no head bone (cannot rotate its head) and no animations to be used during play (attack, spell, etc). If Blizzard (or some other modder) updates it, also by adding a mountless version of his wolf, I'll be glad to add what you suggest. After all, it doesn't make much sense to sleep with your wolf :p

Check this
Thrall (Mountless) with Spell and Attack

Level 11
As I predicted, Blizzard failed us, but map makers will keep this game alive and do what Blizz failed to do.

Updated!

Thanks, I will write to the author to check if he can provide me all the fix I need to make it work properly in cutscenes.

Since you are planning to actually Reforged the campaign, I was wondering if you could see my ideas?

Your ideas for a Reforged campaign?

I will keep an eye on that, but story changes are not planned (I cannot do them without additional dialogues).

As I predicted, Blizzard failed us, but map makers will keep this game alive and do what Blizz failed to do.

Thank you very much :)

Level 16
Reforging Reforged should be pretty easy.

I also hope u add some improvement to the gameplay of some of the missions.

Also some custom and more fitting spells for some heros, like Grom.

Reforging Reforged should be pretty easy.

I also hope u add some improvement to the gameplay of some of the missions.

Also some custom and more fitting spells for some heros, like Grom.

It's not easy at all. The game is not reforged actually, is just reskinned. Terrain is bad, design is old and cutscene are hard to make if you want them to look really good and modern. Also most cinematic animations are bugged a lot. Many assets are incomplete. The list goes on... I will do what I can, for now I want to limit myself to the prologue campaign, otherwise the task would become too big :p

Level 18
I wish you the best of luck and love for all the passion you're putting into this.

I can tell, I can read it.

Keep up the good work!

PS: I think it would be catchy to have one of your cinematic in a youtube video preview in the map description :)

Level 16
It's not easy at all. The game is not reforged actually, is just reskinned. Terrain is bad, design is old and cutscene are hard to make if you want them to look really good and modern. Also most cinematic animations are bugged a lot. Many assets are incomplete. The list goes on... I will do what I can, for now I want to limit myself to the prologue campaign, otherwise the task would become too big :p

Yeah you are right, i was just saying its easy because if Blizzard actually did a good job it would be hard to convince people you added on top of it.
But now that they have kindly went and F'ed the Campaigns. there is a lot you can do to improve it.

A proper reterraining alone should already make the Campaign leagues and bounds ahead of what Reforged is.

That's what i meant, if you get my point.

It was actually so underwhelming i never played it and i don't think i will, i'm actually looking forward to play some community made Campaigns.
I guess your project will just be long time coming of making a better Campaign, because you know, multi billion dollar company, or should i say, smoll indie company, couldn't pull it off.

Level 15
I just gave it a go. I really enjoyed what you've made so far. When WC3R came out I started on a similar project, mostly fixing the tileset on the island maps and making Kul'tiras, but I gave up when I was unable to replace the maps by running them locally. If you're interested in those, I can see about giving them to you and you can just use whatever you want from those.

Anyway, while playing this mission, I spotted some small things that might be worth considering:

- The models for Gar'thok and Nazgrel are used but they are named after generic units. I think it'd be better if they kept their names, as players who have played the Rexxar campaign would like the connection, and if they haven't, the two are loosely established (at least visually as part of the Horde) as far back as the Prologue.
- In theory you could add Drek'thar to the encampment, as he was around Thrall at this time.
- The encampment has two Barracks, I would suggest changing one of the buildings to a War Mill for the sake of variety.
- I think you should change one uit (perhaps a Peon?) for a Shaman, so that all the "ground" Orc units are visible as part of the Horde.

Good luck with your future missions, I'm keen to see how those go :)

Level 1
It's very good so far, I really enjoyed the improvement you put there.
I agree with other, you can go even further and enchance the gameplay. I understand that your concerns are voices and models so you can't add additionnal dialogues.

In hard it still felt too easy, even with the additional creeps.
You may replace creeps by a faction "Wilderness", like "The Centaurs" in the hord campaign in order for them to focus on injured units rather than the closest one. The 2 golems on the back may be linked together so when you attack one, the other one come from behind ; or the first one may try to flee to the other when he has 50% life left.

You may add a fountain of life in place of the life potion and add additionnals ennemy units or you may meet a shaman in the wild that give you an healing salve (hard beacause of voice acting) or even add a camp or a tent somewhere to hint that someone let it there (you may meet the shaman entering the orc camp when you enter it.) Actually, foutain should have been discovered on third mission from human campaign, but with the addition of the 3 missions from the demo tft campain on the prologue, there is an healing fountain on the third prologue campaign, so you can just put an hint anyway since it's allready broken.

You may replace farseer ability by the one in the ladder, it's actually frustrating to have an useless ability that cost you mana. Remove mana cost and add a cooldown, I think it would feel nicer.

Is it just me or trolls on the east doens't use their abilities ? Trappers should send a net on your grunts.

Actually the fight against the ogre doesn't feel good at all (it's not your fault). There is no reason to put an ogre here for blizzard at the first place except for hinting that ogres are not part of the hord anymore, but the gameplay feel horrible
. In any case, the fight should be harder if you choose to fight him instead of continuing without fighting. I would suggest to give him way more health and make the fight in 2 phases. Maybe he should be unarmed (if models can do it) when you engage him, then he return to his camp and take his weapon when he realize he will die if he don't take a weapon, or maybe give him an enrage ability that boost his damage in 2nd phase or maybe the countrary, he has nice stats from the begining with a temporary debuff that give him less damage and attack speed "lethargy", then reward the player with an item (ring of protection +1 ?) for killing it.

I will keep an eye on your future release as your project feel very good to me.

Good luck and hafe fun.

Currently I've started reterraining the second prologue mission. Since I'm Italian I'm forced home for 15 days due to coronavirus outbreak so I've time to work on that, much more than I thought.

I'm trying to make the alliance base an actual naval base, so I'm reterraining much more than the first mission (also, the terrain in this one is very ugly).

I just gave it a go. I really enjoyed what you've made so far. When WC3R came out I started on a similar project, mostly fixing the tileset on the island maps and making Kul'tiras, but I gave up when I was unable to replace the maps by running them locally. If you're interested in those, I can see about giving them to you and you can just use whatever you want from those.

Anyway, while playing this mission, I spotted some small things that might be worth considering:

- The models for Gar'thok and Nazgrel are used but they are named after generic units. I think it'd be better if they kept their names, as players who have played the Rexxar campaign would like the connection, and if they haven't, the two are loosely established (at least visually as part of the Horde) as far back as the Prologue.
- In theory you could add Drek'thar to the encampment, as he was around Thrall at this time.
- The encampment has two Barracks, I would suggest changing one of the buildings to a War Mill for the sake of variety.
- I think you should change one uit (perhaps a Peon?) for a Shaman, so that all the "ground" Orc units are visible as part of the Horde.

Good luck with your future missions, I'm keen to see how those go :)

Good ideas, I'll look into them, except for Drek'Thar who I prefer not to add since he is another hero. Remember that the mission is supposed to be a tutorial. I don't want to change that and adding another hero would confuse (novice) players. Beside that, I've no story content to give him so I'm a bit locked (I don't want to add dialogue without audio).

It's very good so far, I really enjoyed the improvement you put there.
I agree with other, you can go even further and enchance the gameplay. I understand that your concerns are voices and models so you can't add additionnal dialogues.

In hard it still felt too easy, even with the additional creeps.
You may replace creeps by a faction "Wilderness", like "The Centaurs" in the hord campaign in order for them to focus on injured units rather than the closest one. The 2 golems on the back may be linked together so when you attack one, the other one come from behind ; or the first one may try to flee to the other when he has 50% life left.

You may add a fountain of life in place of the life potion and add additionnals ennemy units or you may meet a shaman in the wild that give you an healing salve (hard beacause of voice acting) or even add a camp or a tent somewhere to hint that someone let it there (you may meet the shaman entering the orc camp when you enter it.) Actually, foutain should have been discovered on third mission from human campaign, but with the addition of the 3 missions from the demo tft campain on the prologue, there is an healing fountain on the third prologue campaign, so you can just put an hint anyway since it's allready broken.

You may replace farseer ability by the one in the ladder, it's actually frustrating to have an useless ability that cost you mana. Remove mana cost and add a cooldown, I think it would feel nicer.

Is it just me or trolls on the east doens't use their abilities ? Trappers should send a net on your grunts.

Actually the fight against the ogre doesn't feel good at all (it's not your fault). There is no reason to put an ogre here for blizzard at the first place except for hinting that ogres are not part of the hord anymore, but the gameplay feel horrible
. In any case, the fight should be harder if you choose to fight him instead of continuing without fighting. I would suggest to give him way more health and make the fight in 2 phases. Maybe he should be unarmed (if models can do it) when you engage him, then he return to his camp and take his weapon when he realize he will die if he don't take a weapon, or maybe give him an enrage ability that boost his damage in 2nd phase or maybe the countrary, he has nice stats from the begining with a temporary debuff that give him less damage and attack speed "lethargy", then reward the player with an item (ring of protection +1 ?) for killing it.

I will keep an eye on your future release as your project feel very good to me.

Good luck and hafe fun.

Thank you very much. I believe most of the changes you propose are too drastic and would harm the tutorial nature of this mission. That means: too many mechanics presented all at once are not good and would confuse a new player. Beside that, tutorials should be easy to beat for everyone. I balanced it around losing max two grunts on hard difficulty for players that are not veterans.

Yes I plan on updating the tutorial of the fountain on the third mission of the prologue, along many other things.

I may agree I should make the ogre a bit stronger. I already added the rune and the rune tutorial so I believe it's fine for what concerns items dropped. Keep in mind the original design was to teach sleeping creatures, not how to boss fight. I can however confirm with 100% certainty that trolls do use their abilities.

Looks good, though I was actually expecting you to turn the map into like WoW where you first charge the Internment Camp near Hillsbrad to free Grom and then raid Southshore

Thank you for your suggestions! I never played WoW, but from Wowpedia:
"An Alliance naval base, southern Lordaeron - Served as a temporary holding area for captured Warsong orcs, who were quickly freed by the Horde."

I used that as guideline, and I actually turned the first part of the naval base (from the point of view of the invaders, so near the entrance) to an internment camp only, where most orcs are held prisoner (except for Grom, which is the mission goal). I will not change the story, because I can't (dialogues...). This is a preview of the internment camp "near" the naval base (but still whitin its walls):

upload_2020-3-19_9-42-41.png

Also, from Wowpedia:
"The Alliance Naval Base was an Alliance port southwest of Durnholde Keep, east of a river bisecting the area in Arathi Highlands. It was where the humans had captured Grommash Hellscream and his clan. It was manned by a group called Alliance Forces. The base was raided by the Horde led by Thrall who freed Grom and stole ships".

So I believe the naval base and the internment camp within it, raided before stealing the ships of the base itself is canon. What you mentioned is under speculation:
"It may have been part of Southshore, considering it is just northeast of where Southshore is in World of Warcraft. World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 3 later confirmed that Thrall stole the ships from Southshore, but Grommash's capture in the town was not mentioned."

According to the speculations, this is my Southshore, just near the naval base. I hope to have mantained the spirit of WoW Southshore, while making it a bit better graphically:

upload_2020-3-19_10-0-49.png

Last edited:
Level 1
Thank you very much. I believe most of the changes you propose are too drastic and would harm the tutorial nature of this mission. That means: too many mechanics presented all at once are not good and would confuse a new player. Beside that, tutorials should be easy to beat for everyone. I balanced it around losing max two grunts on hard difficulty for players that are not veterans.

I may agree I should make the ogre a bit stronger. I already added the rune and the rune tutorial so I believe it's fine for what concerns items dropped. Keep in mind the original design was to teach sleeping creatures, not how to boss fight. I can however confirm with 100% certainty that trolls do use their abilities.

You have my point, I forgot about the rune, it's a great thing.

The new map looks great so far.

While the changes to the Reforged version are appreciated (and this is still WIP), they are still too minor to properly approve this resource.

Moved to Substandard.

Ok! I hope you'll reconsider when the next update (the second mission) is released. Dunno why reviewing the bundle so early in development actually... But it's fine nonetheless.

If this is in "early development", it should be in Map Development instead of the Map Section.

It's a campaign. One mission is ready (two will be soon), other three are in development. There is no campaign section in the site, how does it work in this case?

Edit: I found it useful to publish early to get fast feedback. If none liked it, I would not have made the other maps :p

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 31
Hello good sir!

it's about time someone started this, I'm willing to contribute and help you with this project, here's my suggestions to further improve the gameplay and lore :

- make custom skins for different orc clans and Human kingdoms for Units and perhaps some buildings (farms for example to reflect the Clan/Kingdom's culture) (for better immersiveness) and not just generic Alliance/Horde units.
- fix the Geography to better reflect the current world map of Warcraft.
- voice record for some major units, (I'm also willing to aid in this since I have a mini-recording studio and I have experience in recording and adding effects to voices).

DM me if you're up for it!

Huge update today!

Released Mission 02 (Departures)

Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Visions):
  • The tutorial is now optional and can be skipped with an appropriate dialog (no story content is lost if the tutorial is not played)
  • Added footsteps sounds during cinematics to all units
  • Increased the number of animated tree (thanks to additional trigger optimization)
  • Improved sounds variety and quality both during gameplay and during cinematics
  • Added visual effects to Medivh while morphing
  • Added lighting effects during cutscenes
  • Improved a bit the terrain
  • Improved tutorial in some points (with optimizations and additional indicators)
  • Added lore "hints" to display additional info about the Warcraft lore during the game
  • The ogre now has some personality and is quite of a challenge
  • Added a shaman and a war mill to the orc encampment for additional variety
Next update you will have to wait for a while and it won't be mission 03... but something inbetween mission 02 and 03!

Map Development is also for campaigns - and it is the place to publish early to get fast feedback. :)

Hi good sir, can you please tell me what kind of minimum criteria should I meet in order to no longer qualify as substandard? Thanks a lot!

Hello good sir!

it's about time someone started this, I'm willing to contribute and help you with this project, here's my suggestions to further improve the gameplay and lore :

- make custom skins for different orc clans and Human kingdoms for Units and perhaps some buildings (farms for example to reflect the Clan/Kingdom's culture) (for better immersiveness) and not just generic Alliance/Horde units.
- voice record for some major units, (I'm also willing to aid in this since I have a mini-recording studio and I have experience in recording and adding effects to voices).

I'll answer to you tomorrow, I have to sleep now :p

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
I think you have already discussed this matter with someone on Discord but I will still reply here.
I understand the desire to improve the campaign maps of Reforged, but campaign edits require
very thorough changes to be sufficient enough for approval.
Improvement of the existing campaigns, Reforged or not, is appreciated, ut improving an existing
map itself is not enough for approval.

Also, substandard =/= bad.

Level 15
Substandard is an absurd word to use for these kind of maps, it paints them as something crap when they are anything but.

InsaneMonster, I'm playing through the new mission now and I'm very impressed. So far I've only spotted these issues:

1st Mission

- You have the target point as inside the village, but then there is a cinematic that shows the village and Thrall entering it. I suggest moving the target to the village entrance, so the cinematic is the first shot you get of the village.
-

2nd Mission

- The camera pan over the Alliance base needs additional smoothing.
- The Lore info when you get the second quest needs to be delayed, you get too many updates at once and it gets lost in the crowd.
- Path blockers need to be added to the rocks beside the second Scout Tower as your orcs can stand inside the rocks.

I think you did an excellent job on it. Well done!

Last edited:
Hello good sir!

There is a contribute section in the project description. Before adding so much I think it is better to improve about what's there. A lot is missing, a lot can be improved. It is already very hard this way, trust me. But I could use a couple models to get improved cinematics :p

I think you have already discussed this matter with someone on Discord but I will still reply here.
I understand the desire to improve the campaign maps of Reforged, but campaign edits require
very thorough changes to be sufficient enough for approval.
Improvement of the existing campaigns, Reforged or not, is appreciated, ut improving an existing
map itself is not enough for approval.

Also, substandard =/= bad.

Yes, I understood it even the word substandard does feel like it is somehow bad, but I got your point.
If you have played my maps, what should I add, change to qualify as "very thorough changes". That is what I'm interested in and asked around on discord. Otherwise it is very hard for me to comply with your rules, even in perspective of future updates. I would like to directly tell me if it is impossible or not, for you are the mod.

Substandard is an absurd word to use for these kind of maps, it paints them as something crap when they are anything but.

1st Mission

- You have the target point as inside the village, but then there is a cinematic that shows the village and Thrall entering it. I suggest moving the target to the village entrance, so the cinematic is the first shot you get of the village.

2nd Mission

- The camera pan over the Alliance base needs additional smoothing.
- The Lore info when you get the second quest needs to be delayed, you get too many updates at once and it gets lost in the crowd.
- Path blockers need to be added to the rocks beside the second Scout Tower as your orcs can stand inside the rocks.

I think you did an excellent job on it. Well done!

Before all, thank you! I'm glad you liked them!

1st Mission:
- yes it is true, but I really don't know if I like it more the other way... I will think about it!
2nd Mission:
- the camera pan is hardcoded and the only think I can do is removing it sadly
- ok about the lore, I will delay it further in future updates
- yes I noticed that right after I published, so I think this will go in the next update :p

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
When I reviewed the map, the second mission had not been released yet so I cannot really
judge how your changes there affect gameplay. I have your project on my radar for re-reviewing,
but I would prefer to see more work done & maps added before that. :)

For the first map I can say that your changes are mostly visual or quality of life improvements
with little impact on the gameplay itself.
I am not saying that these changes are unimportant or do not affect the visual presentation of
your maps, but given the fact that you are working on existing material when editing Blizzard maps,
I am sure you will agree that the gameplay must also be affected in some way.

If you take a look around in the Map Section, you will find a lot of edited Blizzard campaign maps
that are in Substandard because of the changes being not enough.

If you wish to discuss the matter about Substandard itself, feel free to create a thread in either
Staff Contact or Site Discussion.
Don't let something like "Substandard" discourage you from continuing to work on your project, still. :)
The name may be connected with "low quality" but if you look i. e. at the Substandard creations in
the Models section, you will find some great model edits. They are in Substandard due to being simple
edits but many of them are still extremely useful and great to use.

When I reviewed the map, the second mission had not been released yet so I cannot really
judge how your changes there affect gameplay. I have your project on my radar for re-reviewing,
but I would prefer to see more work done & maps added before that. :)

For the first map I can say that your changes are mostly visual or quality of life improvements
with little impact on the gameplay itself.
I am not saying that these changes are unimportant or do not affect the visual presentation of
your maps, but given the fact that you are working on existing material when editing Blizzard maps,
I am sure you will agree that the gameplay must also be affected in some way.

If you take a look around in the Map Section, you will find a lot of edited Blizzard campaign maps
that are in Substandard because of the changes being not enough.

If you wish to discuss the matter about Substandard itself, feel free to create a thread in either
Staff Contact or Site Discussion.
Don't let something like "Substandard" discourage you from continuing to work on your project, still. :)
The name may be connected with "low quality" but if you look i. e. at the Substandard creations in
the Models section, you will find some great model edits. They are in Substandard due to being simple
edits but many of them are still extremely useful and great to use.

Thank you, this is finally clear now. Take your time to re-review, the more time I have to add maps and improve them, the better is for anyone involved =)

PS: I'm sorry if in any place I sounded rude or whatever, english is not my first language and all my questions or even critics to the word "substandard" were never meant to be unpolite.

Level 18
I just watched it! Great work.

Maybe you should shorten it a bit to make it more of a tease. Anyway it's up to you.

I'm delighted!

Level 20
Haven't played it yet but it better also show the reason why the Amani left the Horde
I think it's rather unlikely considering that the goal of this project is to keep the story intact.

Also, the Amani left the Horde, because Orgrim Doomhammer abandoned them during the siege of Quel'thalas, causing the Trolls to lose and Zul'jin to be captured by the High Elves. I don't see how that relates to the locations or the plot of the Prologue Campaign in W3.

---

As for the campaign itself - I only watched the video, because... well, I refunded my Reforged copy, but I have to say that I'm absolutely amazed with what I've seen and to be perfectly honest: if this wasn't just two maps, but the whole RoC/TFT campaign series... I'd probably re-purchase Reforged just to play it.

So, to keep it simple - I'm rooting for you :) Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
I just watched it! Great work.

Maybe you should shorten it a bit to make it more of a tease. Anyway it's up to you.

I'm delighted!

Thank you!

A teaser will come only when the campaign is finished. Until then, you can expect new videos of cinematics/playthroughs for all added mission and also new videos for significantly updated ones :)

New videos, when needed, are published at least once a week, you can follow me on YouTube but I'll also post them here.

Haven't played it yet but it better also show the reason why the Amani left the Horde

That sound quite threathening :p

On a more serious note, anyway, I added a bit of lore explaining the fact that trolls, like the Amani tribe you mentioned, fought alongside the Horde of Gul'Dan during the Second War. I did that to reinforce and explain a bit that sentence from Thrall you quoted.

However it felt to me unfitting to tell why they left. Beside that, I think it would be a bit too long to explain with just a lore hint.

I think it's rather unlikely considering that the goal of this project is to keep the story intact.

Also, the Amani left the Horde, because Orgrim Doomhammer abandoned them during the siege of Quel'thalas, causing the Trolls to lose and Zul'jin to be captured by the High Elves. I don't see how that relates to the locations or the plot of the Prologue Campaign in W3.

---

As for the campaign itself - I only watched the video, because... well, I refunded my Reforged copy, but I have to say that I'm absolutely amazed with what I've seen and to be perfectly honest: if this wasn't just two maps, but the whole RoC/TFT campaign series... I'd probably re-purchase Reforged just to play it.

So, to keep it simple - I'm rooting for you :) Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much for your support!

Remaking everything is a too big project for any solo dev I fear. I also have a game I'm developing in my spare time and I have to work.
But I promise that at least the prologue campaign will be finished. You can count on that! :)

err... I think "the Amani left because they were abandoned by the Horde" or "Thrall found distaste in Amani prisoners while he was a slave" would be enough

Hey there, the current lore hint about the trolls states: "Some forest trolls, like the Amani tribe lead by Zul'Jin, fought alongside Gul'Dan during the Second War."

Without making it too longer (long hints are bad from a game design perspective for they worsen the user experience), you are free to contribute by adding what you think is missing :)

Post here and if I think it's good enough I'll add in the next update!