• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kul Tiras Mariner Re-Reforged

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.

KUL TIRAS MARINER RE-REFORGED

The Kul'Tiras Mariners are Kul Tiran humans that follow the orders of Daelin Proudmoore. When the admiral learned that the New Horde stole ships from Southshore, his navy quickly tracked the orcs to the open seas, but both fleets were then hit by a storm that caused some of their ships to land on the Darkspear Islands. Led by Kelen the Seeker, the mariners were later seen hunting the Island Trolls.

The model was developed by @Barorque and myself for Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged, with icons from @handclaw. When using this model, it'd be great if you linked or credited @InsaneMonster's project as well.

INSTALLATION
To import the model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultirasmariner.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: kultirasmariner_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: Units\Human\KulTirasMariner\kultirasmariner_hair_diffuse.dds, Units\Human\KulTirasMariner\kultirasmariner_main_diffuse.dds.
Contents

Kul Tiras Mariner Re-Reforged Icon (Blue) (Icon)

Kul Tiras Mariner Re-Reforged Icon (Green) (Icon)

Kultiran Mariner Re-Reforged (Model)

Kultiran Mariner Re-Reforged (Portrait) (Model)

Level 5
The icons for this model are in the works
:goblin_wtf:But why did you apply the cyan team color?
From the start, I didn't like the idea of applying the team colors of the sub-factions to the icons from "Chronicles of the 2nd War", one of the few good decisions that the designers had made for "Reforged " was to bring some clarity in all this : only ONE team color for each main faction and this, independently of the potential sub-factions of the units but there, in addition, it makes no sense, why cyan , while from the beginning, the color of Kul'Tiras is dark green? Anyway, I maintain that all icons of human units should have the icons with the Blue team color ; and since a member of your team had stated that in "CSW" certain units like the Spellcasters would always have the same model and icon, regardless of their sub-faction... well, you'll have a consistency problem, cause, sorry but icons of multiple colors within one and the same race... it's messy.
I don't understand, throughout the entire era of the original game, I saw everyone criticizing that the old icons didn't have uniform team colors and now that a unit rule has been instituted by " Reforged", no one seems to care anymore.

By the way, the little grey mustache is a nice addition, even though, the face looks a bit young.

:goblin_wtf:But why did you apply the cyan team color?
From the start, I didn't like the idea of applying the team colors of the sub-factions to the icons from "Chronicles of the 2nd War", one of the few good decisions that the designers had made for "Reforged " was to bring some clarity in all this : only ONE team color for each main faction and this, independently of the potential sub-factions of the units but there, in addition, it makes no sense, why cyan , while from the beginning, the color of Kul'Tiras is dark green? Anyway, I maintain that all icons of human units should have the icons with the Blue team color ; and since a member of your team had stated that in "CSW" certain units like the Spellcasters would always have the same model and icon, regardless of their sub-faction... well, you'll have a consistency problem, cause, sorry but icons of multiple colors within one and the same race... it's messy.
I don't understand, throughout the entire era of the original game, I saw everyone criticizing that the old icons didn't have uniform team colors and now that a unit rule has been instituted by " Reforged", no one seems to care anymore.

By the way, the little grey mustache is a nice addition, even though, the face looks a bit young.
Not the final icon. In fact, the final icon will be available in Blue and Dark Green.

Level 5
Not the final icon. In fact, the final icon will be available in Blue and Dark Green.
  • (EDITED) That reassures me a little, then, does that mean that you intend to make versions with standard team colors (Red (Orcs) ; Blue (Human) ; Purple (Undeads) ; Cyan (Night Elves)) for all the icons belonging to subfactions models made by CSW Team ? I really hope that's the case.
  • What about the new Hydromancer ? This one still has an icon made from a screenshot instead of a hand-made one, like the others.

Last edited:
  • That reassures me a little, then, does that mean that you intend to make versions with standard team colors (red and blue) for all the icons of the other CSW units? I really hope that's the case.
  • What about the new Hydromancer ? This one still has an icon made from a screenshot instead of a hand-made one, like the others.
These units are made for Re-reforged, not CSW (we are not the same teams, we just share a lot of assets and collaborate with each other). In Re-reforged, as in CSW, factions with different techtrees have different TC's. So expect light blue Silvermoon assets and pink Dalaran assets as well.

Of course, if it fits, we can make assets that could fit other techtrees with their standard TC, such as these guys.

Last edited:
Level 18
Hi there!

This is what the model looks like after importing it into my custom campaign.

Please note that I also imported every other "Kul Tiras" units from the pack you made for CSW as well as the Re-Reforged ones.

Only the Re-Reforged ones are having issues (Mariner, Militia and Hydromancer), all the other work perfectly.

Is there something I'm missing, or are the models having an issue?

Thanks in advance for your time and sorry to disturb you with a mundane issue like this one.

1701884959558.png