• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kul Tiras Hydromancer Re-Reforged

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.

KUL TIRAS HYDROMANCER RE-REFORGED

The Kul Tiras Hydromancers are spellcasters who specialize in water-based spells or hydromancy. When the admiral learned that the New Horde stole ships from Southshore, his navy quickly tracked the orcs to the open seas, but both fleets were then hit by a storm that caused some of their ships to land on the Darkspear Islands.
Through their cunning use of tidal magic, Kultiran Hydromancers changed the tide of battle in their favour.

The model was developed by @Barorque and myself for Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged. When using this model, it'd be great if you linked or credited @InsaneMonster's project as well.

INSTALLATION
To import the model:
  • Import the .mdx main file to your map using the Asset Manager at the path: kultirashydromancer.mdx
  • Import the .mdx portrait file to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: kultirashydromancer_portrait.mdx
  • Import the textures to your map using the Asset Manager at the paths: Units\Human\KulTirasHydromancer\kultirashydromancer_main_orm.dds, Units\Human\KulTirasHydromancer\kultirashydromancer_main_diffuse.dds.
Contents

Kul Tiras Hydromancer (Model)

Kul Tiras Hydromancer Re-Reforged (Portrait) (Model)

Kul Tiras Hydromancer Re-Reforged Icon (Blue) (Icon)

Kul Tiras Hydromancer Re-Reforged Icon (Green) (Icon)

Level 5
  • Wow, I love this new staff. On the other hand, I am more divided regarding the new face:peasant-thinking:. Paladin's head seems too massive compared to the rest of the body, maybe it should be slightly reduced in size.
  • Could you also upload the earlier version of the model (with the younger face of the rogue apprentice) but with the new staff and a handmade icon?
P.S. : I would like to know, what would be the cleanest way to change the team color on an icon or even a specific tint on any texture (skins), without altering the small variations in it? Are there good detailed tutorials I could check out? I have already searched for this but so far, I have been quite disappointed in my research.

Last edited:
Level 18
Hi there!

This is what the model looks like after importing it into my custom campaign.

Please note that I also imported every other "Kul Tiras" units from the pack you made for CSW as well as the Re-Reforged ones.

Only the Re-Reforged ones are having issues (Mariner, Militia and Hydromancer), all the other work perfectly.

Is there something I'm missing, or are the models having an issue?

Thanks in advance for your time and sorry to disturb you with a mundane issue like this one.

1701884879987.png

Level 18
Following your instructions from the other post, the Kul Tiras Hydromancer now works properly, thank you very much.