Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged: Exodus of the Horde

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
full

WARCRAFT III RE-REFORGED (RR)
PROLOGUE CAMPAIGN
EXODUS OF THE HORDE

FEATURES

• Actually remastered in-game cinematics, with angles, interface and style closely matching the ones shown at Blizzcon 2018
  • Reimagined maps and missions, with beautiful, easy to navigate terrain, modernized gameplay, redesigned quests and more meaningful events, often influencing following maps in interesting ways
  • Detailed and expanded lore, with a completely new interlude and epilogue, fleshed out characters and interactions, with many references from World of Warcraft
  • Rebalanced difficulty levels, to make the experience tailored and engaging to each player, with completely new AI scripts designed to give opponents a distinguishable personality
  • Multiple languages supported, including some voice acting for the additional dialogues, and all graphics mods compatible
  • New, lore accurate secrets and much much more... only waiting for you to play!

PROJECT'S SUBFORUM

FAQ
  • How do I install the campaign?
    Custom campaigns are not currently supported in Warcraft 3: Reforged are we are all waiting for Blizzardto fix this. Until then, there are two ways to play the campaign:
    1. Download the maps Unpack them in your Warcraft III\Maps\Download folder (under my documents in Windows) Start the game Single Player Custom Game Select the mission you want to play
    2. Download the maps Unpack them where you want Open the World Editor Click on File Open Map Once the map is loaded, you can play the map by pressing the Test Map button (or by pressing Ctrl+F9)
    Please note that the campaign is Reforged HD settings only and cannot be played with classic graphics.
  • What difficulty is for me and how do I select a difficulty?
    If you can beat the vanilla campaign on Hard difficulty, I suggest trying out Hard for an engaging additional challenge or Normal if you just want to play on a similar difficulty level. If you can beat the original campaign on Normal you can try Normal to add some challenge or Easy to have a slightly easier experience than the original. Finally, if you only can beat the vanilla campaign on Easy, I recommend playing on Easy.
    You cannot select a difficulty through the Custom Game menu, directly in the game interface,. You can however do so by playing through the World Editor.
    To choose a difficulty this way click on File Preferences Test Map Select the difficulty of your choice Play the map through the World Editor to play on the chosen difficulty.
    The difficulty of the game when played through the Custom Game menu is always Normal.
  • Is hero progress saved between maps?
    Yes, and also much more... It is saved no matter how you play the maps, from the World Editor or from the custom game menu.
  • Is music the same as vanilla game?
    Yes, but there are some instances where custom music is played, for example when specific sections or battles happen. Music should feel definitely more interactive and dynamic than in vanilla game.
  • Is there any copyrighted custom music in the campaign?
    All music comes from Blizzard's games, specifically World of Warcraft and all of its expansions. There is one music which is original, and it is actually owned by me, so there is nothing to worry about. You can record any footage of this campaign and put it online without risk of copyright infringements.
  • Are heroes like in vanilla campaigns?
    Heroes ability are the same of the vanilla campaign and the main and only hero of the campaign is Thrall, just like in the original one. The experience system, however, is tweaked to be more rewarding. In other words, your hero needs to do stuff in first person to gain experience and a lot of killing is required to gain levels. Tomes of experience and creep camps to clear come really handy, so make sure to search for them!
  • What are the interlude and the epilogue for?
    They integrate the story. Specifically, the interlude describes the chase of the stolen ships by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore's fleet and the shipwreck caused by the storm near the Maelstrom, as seen by Sen'Jin during its vision. It shows the arrival of the orcs on Darkspear Island and the reason why humans are there, too. The epilogue shows instead the Horde sailing to Kalimdor while something sinister happens in Lordaeron...
  • What do you mean by modernized gameplay and redesigned quests?
    Missions should feel less repetitive and some twists are added to the basic build a base then destroy your opponent's base formula. Additional mechanics are introduced with maximum care to make them not frustrating. Quests are also redesigned to feel modern and more similar to Starcraft 2's ones. This includes easier to understand objectives with more complex quest mechanics. Also checkpoints are used extensively, to better keep the player's progress saved if something bad happens.
  • Is the overall story changed, for example taking care of World of Warcraft's events?
    The overall story is the same as classic, with some restored content. Additional elements from World of Warcraft are referenced and integrated into the main storyline, without retconning it in any way.
  • How can I play in my language?
    First check if your language is supported. I plan to support all languages Reforged supports, in time. If your language is already supported, just launch the map with the game in your language and it will work immediately, just like official campaigns. If your language is not supported all map specific text will be in english, additional dialogue will have no voice. Dialogues, game texts and lip sync will be automatically localized tough. I recommend to play in english if your locale is not supported for the best possible experience.
  • Can I edit the maps?
    All my maps are unprotected and as such you are free to open them, look at how they are done and edit for personal use only. It is forbidden however to republish my maps, modified or not, without my explicit consent.
  • Where can I find the AI scripts of the computer opponents in your maps?
    All my AI scripts are written in JASS. You can find them in the map files (.ai extension) and they can be opened with any text editor (I do recommend Notepad++). You can also find them in this thread on Hive Workshop, alongside some AI scripts shared by other creators.
  • What about the tutorial?
    The tutorial is expanded and improved in many ways, beside the fact that it is now fully skippable. While keeping the same core, the tutorial is more explicative of the game mechanics and more interactive. It also features more hints and a bunch of useful optimizations to its triggers. Moreover, the tutorial is now streched along the entire campaign. In other words, you can choose to play or not to play the tutorials on the first and second map and if you do play them, some additional hints and information will be displayed in following missions too. If you skip the tutorials, simpler hints will be displayed like in regular campaigns. If you know how to play I do recommend skipping the tutorial for a more immersive and overall enjoyable experience.
  • Do you plan on re-reforging the entire game?
    It depends. Ideally yes, but it is an huge undertaking and the time and effort required to make it real are enormous. How much this project will encompass of the game depends on your support. Only thing that I promise... if I start a campaign, that very campaign will be finished and released. But how many campaigns I do start re-reforging depends on you, more than on me.
  • How can I support you?
    The preferred way to support the project is by joining the Patreon I opened up specifically for this project. Also, you can check out my YouTube channel and share this project and the channel as much as you can in forums, social media, etc. If you are a youtuber and want to showcase my campaign, let me know so that I can include your footage in this page's showcases section. If you want to contribute with models, translations, voice-acting, bugs reports, design ideas and stuff like that you can join the project's Discord server. Finally, if you play the campaign please leave a review. Reviews are very important to me, both as recognition by the community and as a way to get constructive criticism.
  • Are there any known issues?
    Yes, very minor issues. If you load a saved game, the loading screen crest could appear of the wrong race. I don't know why this happens but it is just a loading screen bug, no effect on the game whatsoever. Also, when loading saves, custom music could be reset and default music could be playing instead. This can be annoying, but sadly there is nothing I can do to fix it. Also, the checkpoints saved by the game are in a folder not shown in some menus. Specifically, you can find them under CustomSaves folder. If this folder is not showing up for you, you probably need to load the game from another map and not from the main menu. As before, there is nothing I can do to fix this, but this is an issue that can be worked around with ease anyway. Beside that, I always advice to load the maps from within another map of the project, to make sure the Codex dialog doesn't bug out. Still, this is an engine bug which prevents the preloading necessary for the Codex dialog to work properly when loading a saved game, unless it's from a map of the project (where the initialization has occurred properly). Finally, there is a remote chance the Codex dialog could disable user clicking on the game world. This was only experienced internally, and it's a very rare bug I don't know how to fix yet. In the case it occours, saving and reloading the game is enough to fix it.

CURRENTLY SUPPORTED LANGUAGES

full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Note: a greyed out flag means the translation is current in progress, so not yet completed for all missions or just missing some parts.

SHOWCASES

Note: I will feature as many showcases as possible (they may be too many to be all featured here, huge thanks to the creators nonetheless). Please notice that some may not be up to date or they can be localized in languages other than english.

CREDITS

About me

Custom models

Voice actors

Translators

Acknowledgements

Patreon Supporters

My name is Luca Pasqualini and I'm an italian software engineer and teacher/researcher. I work in the field of computer science with a focus on AI and machine learning and I like developing games (possibly, from scratch) in my spare time. Because of that, I know very well Unity, Starcraft 2 Galaxy Editor and of course Warcraft 3 World Editor.

I have partecipated to the Rock The Cabinet 2017: Co-op edition contest for Starcraft 2 and my map, Mercenary Business made it to the top 10, to my great suprise. I have a Deviant Art page, where I show off mostly 3D arts, as well as a YouTube channel, where I showcase games, maps, mods I make and some music that I assemble together with my father.

I was hyped beyond any imagination for Warcraft 3: Reforged, and while the disappointment was there, I saw great potential in the art assets and in the few but key changes Blizzard made to the engine. Mostly for fun, I tried re-reforging the first map of the prologue with better cinematics and now... well, now here we are. I guess it's already been a long journey, and I don't even know if that's just the beginning...

Note: some models used in the maps are not released on Hive. More often than not, this is because the model is just a small edit and not worth being published here.

• LOA Exogort (english), Luca Pasqualini (italian), Warglaive (spanish, latino), PraymA (russian, former), Alexey Negodayev (russian, current), Vel (chinese simplified), Dariusz "Noktis"Ćwik (polish), MavByte (german), Alexandre Faller aka Ehlesgens (french)
  • ACOLYTE ShadiHD (english), Luca Pasqualini (italian), Warglaive (spanish, latino), PraymA (russian, former), Фейвури (russian, current), Vel (chinese simplified), Dariusz "Noktis"Ćwik (polish), MavByte (german), Alexandre Faller aka Ehlesgens (french)

• ITALIAN Luca Pasqualini
  • RUSSIAN Buffalo
  • SPANISH Serena H.
  • LATINO Serena H.
  • FRENCH Bauldeury, Xefiggy, special thanks to Horgian
  • GERMAN Knall, special thanks to MavByte
  • POLISH Ravan, special thanks to DragonWarden93
  • CHINESE (SIMPLIFIED) Keno, laN, firefox, Vel

• AlexMSimenov for most early no-glow hero models.
  • loktar for the classic sound files in the second mission Departures.
  • DracoDirik for the overall support and beta-testing!
  • Tamplier777 for the insightful discussions about the World Editor, the overall help and beta-testing.
  • Zenmaster for the insightful discussions about the lore of Warcraft and the overall help.
  • Moonman for overall help and beta-testing.
  • ShadiHD for overall help and beta-testing.
  • Retera for making Retera Model Studio.
  • PaulH for beta-testing and the help on the lore and codex.
  • Serena H. for beta-testing.
  • Knall for beta-testing and the collectible scrolls idea.
  • Warglaive for recording footage with graphics mods for the trailer.

Note: Patreon supporters are added to this page after a month of their pledge (when their pledge becomes effective and it's not declined). Beside each one of them it is displayed the time they have been supporters of the project (so also former patrons are displayed here and this list will be always updated).

Karol Piątkowski (01/2021 - 05/2021)
KickKing (01/2021 - current)
Luke Jarvis (01/2021 - current)
BladeMasterRUSH (01/2021 - current)
Kevin Mattsson (01/2021 - current)
klivenn (01/2021 - current)
Damian Roman (01/2021 - 04/2021)
Johan Hedenäng (01/2021 - current)
Christopher Carpenter (01/2021 - current)
Max Grant (01/2021 - current)
Christian Kaw (01/2021 - current)
Edgar Möller (01/2021 - current)
DragonWarden93 (01/2021 - current)
Fateless44 (01/2021 - current)
Darlan (01/2021 - current)
Petabik (01/2021 - current)
Alex (01/2021 - 03/2021)
Melorandor (02/2021 - current)
Trond Troaab (02/2021 - 07/2021)
Vel Wu (02/2021 - 06/2021)
Antii Alajääskö (02/2021 - 05/2021)
Seyahnayr (02/2021 - current)
Ruler_Red (02/2021 - current)
Bruno Pereira (03/2021 - current)
David Zelenka (03/2021 - current)
Lindsay Butler (03/2021 - current)
Braulio Diaz (04/2021 - current)
Gabriela Mendez (04/2021 - current)
Rayan Booth (04/2021 - current)
Cristopher Vallejo (04/2021 - current)
Style72 (04/2021 - current)
Jacob (05/2021 - 07/2021)
Justine (05/2021 - current)
Marvin Hartwitch (05/2021 - current)
Hjorleif (05/2021 - current)
CasualLoLAddict (06/2021 - current)
michael thomas (06/2021 - current)
PieTroSx (06/2021 - 08/2021)
桑原 麗沙 (06/2021 - current)
Milan Rusnák (06/2021 - current)
ShadowOfOwl (06/2021 - current)
Isaac Partridge (06/2021 - current)
Diego Urquizo Lizarraga (06/2021 - current)
Lex Honecker (07/2021 - current)
MarvinFendt (07/2021 - current)
Артём Романов (07/2021 - current)
Modern Moonlight (07/2021 - current)
Daniel Wurzinger (08/2021 - current)
Yuck (08/2021 - current)

CHANGELOG

03/07/2020

03/09/2020

05/03/2020

06/17/2020

09/19/2020

09/23/2020

01/07/2021

01/21/2021

02/12/2021

02/24/2021

08/19/2021

• Released Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.0]

• Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.1]:
    - All creep camps now wake up when huts are attacked (if sleeping)
    - All creep camps spawn on harder difficulties is now bounded to the existance of the spawning hut
    - All creep camps spawn huts will immediately spawn their reinforcement if the relative hut is attacked
    - Improved the Sleeping Ogre camp
    - Fixed a bug which may cause the last cinematic to hang if a previous cutscene was skipped
    - Cleaned some triggers and removed some useless one

• Released Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.2]:
    - The tutorial is now optional and can be skipped with an appropriate dialog (no story content is lost if the tutorial is not played)
    - Added footsteps sounds during cinematics to all units
    - Increased the number of animated tree (thanks to additional trigger optimization)
    - Improved sounds variety and quality both during gameplay and during cinematics
    - Added visual effects to Medivh while morphing
    - Added lighting effects during cutscenes
    - Improved a bit the terrain
    - Improved tutorial in some points (with optimizations and additional indicators)
    - Added lore "hints" to display additional info about the Warcraft lore during the game
    - The ogre now has some personality and is quite of a challenge
    - Added a shaman and a war mill to the orc encampment for additional variety

• Released Mission 02 Interlude (Maelstrom) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.1]:
    - Removed hero glow from all heroes during cinematics
    - Added back lip-sync (animated portraits) to all characters during transmissions and cinematics
    - No more Hellscream™
    - Some little improvements to sounds, timings and overall terrain
    - Fixed some typos
    - Fixed some pathing issues
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.3]:
    - Removed hero glow from all heroes during cinematics
    - Added back lip-sync (animated portraits) to all characters during transmissions and cinematics
    - Fixed some typos

• Released Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Maelstrom) [v1.1]:
    - Improved terrain with a lot of small but important tweaks
    - Added custom models to Sen'Jin and Kul Tiras forces
    - Added scene showing the humans attacking the trolls
    - Now Nazgrel is the only raider in Thrall's group
    - Made it clear it is Sen'Jin vision all along
    - Other fixes and minor modifications according to the critiques I recieved when it was first released
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.2]:
    - Added some additional dialogues to increase immersion
    - Added a Gnoll lore hint
    - Improved cutscenes with custom models and small fixes
    - Added a specific Warsong grunt model
    - Gar'Thok has now a more prominent role
    - Fixed some more typos
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.4]:
    - Now Thrall leaves its tent on foot
    - Snowsong is a thing now
    - Added more sounds to the Horde's camp during the cinematic to make it fell more alive
    - Improved all the cinematics with small but important tweaks
    - Gar'Thok has now a more prominent role
    - Added some additional dialogues to increase immersion
    - Added an appropriate Ogre Mound to the sleeping ogre
    - Now the hidden potion secret is a much more appropriate Circle of Binding secret, summoning the potion

• Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.0.1]:
    - Fixed a tree trunk on the way of a shaman to appease MasterBlaster OCD
    - Fixed some bugs with the trigger queue in the third cinematic (Healed Fountain), where queue was not cleared and the fountain itself was not healed if the cinematics was skipped

Note: this release represent the final release of the campaign, because of that the update is quite heavy on changes to pre-existing maps.

• Released Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.1]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the overall design of the mission and the stability of it
    - Included the tutorial and cache to preserve game state
    - Reworked cinematics to look actually like Blizzcon 2018
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.2]:
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.3]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the tutorial and included cache to preserve game state
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.5]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the tutorial and included cache to preserve game state
    - Now the ogre and the trolls have more personality
    - Added localization

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.1]:
    - Music timings are now compatible with all localizations
    - Fixed a small bug in the spanish localization
    - Added WarCraft font for russian final text
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.1]:
    - Improved general mission balance
    - Fixed an issue that could cause enemy base to aggro on the player
    - Fixed an issue that could cause Zar'jira taunts to be in the wrong order
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.1]:
    - Reworked Snowsong section to be more engaging
    - Fixed some pathing issues
    - Fixed a bug on normal and easy difficulty that prevent a Tome Wraith from spawning
    - Increased a bit the difficulty of the "Dagon spawn" section of the boss fight
    - Fixed some display issues for spanish localization
    - Fixed some glaring bugs for russian localization
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.2]:
    - Moved a troll in the third village so that a crate can now be accessed
    - Fixed a display bug in the trolls' villages counter
    - Fixed italian, spanish and russian localization about the trolls' villages counter
    - Added french localization
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.3]:
    - Updated french localization
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.4]:
    - Fixed an hint about building a second barracks displaying when you already had a second barracks
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.6]:
    - Improved a bit the last camera on the final cinematic
    - Some small performance improvements in the Horde's base cinematic
    - Intro text has now proper russian WarCraft font
    - Fixed a small typo in the spanish intro text
    - Added german localization

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.2]:
    - Improved Kel'Thuzad animations a little bit
    - Improved russian localization
    - Improved russian voiced dialogues
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.2]:
    - Looping custom music is now restored when loading from save
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.2]:
    - Looping custom music is now restored when loading from save
    - Added codex system
    - Improved russian voiced dialogues
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.3]:
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.5]:
    - Added codex system
    - Added german localization
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.7]:
    - Added codex system
    - Added polish localization

Note: french translation, while made for all missions, is not fully tested, not voiced and has no codex entry for the majority of the mission. Thus, it's still in progress.
Also, note that on the map description in the custom games menu the wrong version is displayed. I've dropped versioning on the map description for the future and I will remove each one of them for the next update (it's long and I had to time in this update). To find out the map version, check the trigger editor of the map.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.3]:
    - Added chinese (simplified) localization
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.4]:
    - Fixed layout of trees around fountain to avoid units to get stuck
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.5]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.6]:
    - Adjusted Hellscream head angle during cinematics
    - Improved human base decorations
    - Made the children invulnerable
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.8]:
    - Fixed a typo in the english Forest Trolls codex

Note: this update features quite a lot of bug fixes with respect to localizations (typos, inconsistencies, some missing localization, etc), english included. Beside that, I also did an optimization pass. Technically speaking, all maps now runs on native lua and are fully leak free. I also optimized many triggers by enabling them only when needed in order to get a bit of performance back. This may be successful or not, always consider though that the high quantity of HD assets on screen (especially during cinematics) will always be taxing for any PC.
This update also features improved facial expression through all cinematics. Let me know what you think of it. While subtle, it can be noticed mostly by looking at the eyes movements of the characters while speaking.
You an also expect minor fixes through all the maps, even if not listed down below.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.4]:
    - Finished french localization
    - Finished german localization
    - Finished polish localization
    - Added spanish (latin america) localization
    - Added multiple models for the villagers of Andhoral
    - Improved a bit cutscenes animations
    - Fixed Kel'thuzad particle effect to be green
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.4]:
    - Added system to auto target certain neutral buildings (e.g. creep camps)
    - Fixed a bug on the Kul Tiras base preventing a rifleman to exit his tent when the camp was under attack
    - Vastly improved AI (how the AI attacks, where it attacks, etc)
    - Fixed Zar'jira attack routines to make sure she attacks twice and comments twice before the final wave
    - Overhauled environmental fog both in game and in cutscenes
    - Improved some camera angles
    - Improved a bit gameplay animations
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.4]:
    - Added range indicator on the 3D world for the murlocs on Snowsong section
    - Improved a bit the Snowsong countdown mechanic system to be a bit less punishing (but still impossible to cheese)
    - Improved Murloc High Sorcerer AI so now it won't as often stop while casting
    - Uniformed prisoners stats with player's one
    - Removed any visible boundary from the view
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.5]:
    - Rebalanced the Ogres to be stronger than Grunts
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.6]:
    - Fixed height of the troll hut of the first scene in order to be on the ground
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.7]:
    - Added multiple models for the villagers of Southshore
    - Improved and optimized the routines of the villagers of Southshore
    - Fixed a bug preventing certain neutral units (e.g. riderless horse) to be shown during cinematics
    - Improved a bit ambient sounds
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.9]:
    - Removed some critters that were making hard to path through
    - Improved a bit ambient sounds
Contents

RR Prologue 01 (Map)

RR Prologue 02 (Map)

RR Prologue 02 Interlude (Map)

RR Prologue 03 (Map)

RR Prologue 04 (Map)

RR Prologue 05 (Map)

RR Prologue 05 Epilogue (Map)

Reviews
Barorque
First of all: @InsaneMonster managed to Re-Reforge the campaign, there is no doubt about that. Everyone who followed Reforged way back then was hyped. We were promised cinematics on far with modern expectations, some of us have hoped for extra...

InsaneMonster

Hosted Project: W3RR
Level 20
I've added a video playthrough of the first map!

The next update will come in a while and will feature a complete new interlude between mission 02 and mission 03.

Toghter with some polishing and bug-fixing, you can expect an huge overhaul to hero graphics in cinematics. Here some teasers (on mission 02, but they also applies to mission 01):

WC3ScrnShot_051120_122523_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_051120_122603_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_051120_122710_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_051120_122750_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_051120_122830_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_051120_122839_001.png

InsaneMonster

Level 20
Updated the campaign. This update is huuuge for it brings back lip-sync and the hero-glow is removed from heroes during the cinematics.

It also adds a new interlude, I hope you may like it.

I've also added a video showcasing the interlude:

Of course, now all the previous videos are outdated, but I will update them as time goes by.

As always, critics and comments are welcome and very appreciated! I hope you like it.

As a side note, you can see now I managed to make lip-sync working again.
You can find a written tutorial at [Misc] - How to: Warcraft 3 Reforged Animated Portraits

Or if you like it more, there is also a video tutorial:

Level 18
It also adds a new interlude, I hope you may like it.
Okay, dude... I don't care how long it takes, but you have to keep going after the prologue - your work is the REFORGED campaign that we all deserved. Amazing job!

---

As for the cinematic - I think it could use to be a bit... shorter, especially at the end. The whole battle sequence is amazing, but later it drags a little. I'd suggest adding a bit more action/logic behind what's happening after that, rather than just showing that everyone washed ashore and that there are trolls on the island. For example:

#Cut 1) Human forces landed, setting up camp, Proudmoore moves out with a scouting party.
#Cut 2) Trolls walking out, as if to see who landed on their shore.
#Cut 3) Proudmoore's scouting party notices the trolls and takes them captive, other trolls escape. You can use the "seize them all" line from the first custscene with Admiral Proudmoore in the Rexxar campaign for this.
#Cut 4) Thrall and the Orcs - just like you have it now.

I feel something like this would lead in to the events of the next mission better. Especially the Thrall's scene being the last one :)

InsaneMonster

Level 20
Okay, dude... I don't care how long it takes, but you have to keep going after the prologue - your work is the REFORGED campaign that we all deserved. Amazing job!

Thank you mate! I cannot make everything, unless I start a patreon and get some financial support. It's too much work to do just on spare time. To do something like that I have to gain something from doing it, don't you think?

As for the cinematic - I think it could use to be a bit... shorter, especially at the end. The whole battle sequence is amazing, but later it drags a little. I'd suggest adding a bit more action/logic behind what's happening after that, rather than just showing that everyone washed ashore and that there are trolls on the island. For example:

#Cut 1) Human forces landed, setting up camp, Proudmoore moves out with a scouting party.
#Cut 2) Trolls walking out, as if to see who landed on their shore.
#Cut 3) Proudmoore's scouting party notices the trolls and takes them captive, other trolls escape. You can use the "seize them all" line from the first custscene with Admiral Proudmoore in the Rexxar campaign for this.
#Cut 4) Thrall and the Orcs - just like you have it now.

I feel something like this would lead in to the events of the next mission better. Especially the Thrall's scene being the last one :)

Mmh, now there is something I think you didn't get from the cinematic (correct me if I'm wrong): it's a dream.

It's the vision Sen'Jin talks about in the following mission. This is why it looks... strange. There are many cuts, some weird pauses and some confusing actions (for example the battle is not a real battle, for the Maelstrom interrupted it before it could even start for real).

Beside that I wanted to showcase the new (from the new player perspective) tileset of sunken ruins. Also, Proudmoore is not on the island and what you see is just a small number of dispersed troops led by the archmage Kelen the Seeker. Since there is no precise lore for this events, I used the dream to summon sensations, feeling and what is happening, just to represent my own interpretation of the lore without forcing my own view on the players.

Hope you understand.
Some of your suggestions contradict the lore and what I plan for the next mission. Proudmoore (or in this case the Archmage) do not take the trolls captive. They kill them.
The next mission will be redesigned to have you actually defend the trolls while defeating the humans ;)

Level 18
I cannot make everything, unless I start a patreon and get some financial support.
I'm not saying everything, but... every little bit helps as your work is truly amazing :)

To do something like that I have to gain something from doing it, don't you think?
That's fair - my money's a bit tight at the moment, but once things get better I'd be happy to support you financially and I think I might not be the only one. That said, it remains to be seen whether Blizzard would be okay with something like this, that is if you ever choose to try :)

there is something I think you didn't get from the cinematic (correct me if I'm wrong): it's a dream
Good point, I didn't get that :)

Beside that I wanted to showcase the new (from the new player perspective) tileset of sunken ruins.
Also a fair point, but I still feel that the back half of the cinematic feels a bit dragged out and could use to either be shorter or have more action. I mean no offence, but I had the impression that this part was more you showing off your terraining/cinematic-making skills, than something that would be actually relevant to the story.

Also, Proudmoore is not on the island and what you see is just a small number of dispersed troops led by the archmage Kelen the Seeker.
Another fair point. It's good to see that you seem to have a perfectly logical reasoning for every little bit of the cinematic :)

That said, if it's a vision... well, visions were usually something that was granted for a pretty specific purpose, regardless if that purpose was clear initially or not. In your vision, I don't really see a meaningful purpose - it appears to just inform Sen'jin that there was a naval battle nearby and that humans and orcs have landed on his island.

That's a little ambiguous, which might be a good thing if that's what you're going for, but I think it could use to be a bit more structured, i.e. be more of a warning. Thus, I feel it might be a good idea to show that the humans are attacking the trolls inside the vision. Or maybe, if you don't want to be so direct, do something like a vision of a troll village with human forces coming from all sides. Something that would more or less directly portray humans as a threat to the trolls.

Finally, I think you could consider moving the Thrall's part to the end of the vision sequence. In my opinion it would add a little more structure to the vision, i.e. it would first show the context (sea battle), then the threat (humans attacking the trolls) and then the hope (Thrall and the Horde) - it could make the vision feel more like it's directed to warn the trolls and push them towards seeking out the Horde, which is what they do in the next mission.

Last edited:

InsaneMonster

Level 20
Also a fair point, but I still feel that the back half of the cinematic feels a bit dragged out and could use to either be shorter or have more action. I mean no offence, but I had the impression that this part was more you showing off your terraining/cinematic-making skills, than something that would be actually relevant to the story.

Another fair point. It's good to see that you seem to have a perfectly logical reasoning for every little bit of the cinematic :)

That said, if it's a vision... well, visions were usually something that was granted for a pretty specific purpose, regardless if that purpose was clear initially or not. In your vision, I don't really see a meaningful purpose - it appears to just inform Sen'jin that there was a naval battle nearby and that humans and orcs have landed on his island.

That's a little ambiguous, which might be a good thing if that's what you're going for, but I think it could use to be a bit more structured, i.e. be more of a warning. Thus, I feel it might be a good idea to show that the humans are attacking the trolls inside the vision. Or maybe, if you don't want to be so direct, do something like a vision of a troll village with human forces coming from all sides. Something that would more or less directly portray humans as a threat to the trolls.

Finally, I think you could consider moving the Thrall's part to the end of the vision sequence. In my opinion it would add a little more structure to the vision, i.e. it would first show the context (sea battle), then the threat (humans attacking the trolls) and then the hope (Thrall and the Horde) - it could make the vision feel more like it's directed to warn the trolls and push them towards seeking out the Horde, which is what they do in the next mission.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated and I think I will try to do that (humans going towards trolls village, thrall at the end) while reducing some wandering. Thank you, very good suggestions!

That's fair - my money's a bit tight at the moment, but once things get better I'd be happy to support you financially and I think I might not be the only one. That said, it remains to be seen whether Blizzard would be okay with something like this, that is if you ever choose to try :)

I believe donations are always possible. Patreon is more like a donation platform than a business platform.

I've added some showcase videos and updated the first of the official ones, about Chasing Visions cinematics. With lip-sync and no hero glows, the cinematics can really shine :)

InsaneMonster

Level 20
Hi man and very good job i love your work when i see it in "Quarantino! 2020"

Thank you so much! :)

I think the attempt was admirable, and some parts are really good, but I think you might have been better off trying to focus on the sea battle and storm itself, rather than showing a vision.

Yes I've received a lot of constructive criticism. I am going to improve the interlude when I release the next update, featuring the 3rd mission. Thanks!

I love this. Looking forward to see how this develops.

Thank you!

I've updated the playthrough video of the first mission, so you can check the gameplay differences.
Hope you enjoy it:

Level 13
Looking forward to seeing how it plays out ^^

And it's a shame we can't really flesh out the campaign more than this. I know there is Thrall dialogue in WoW that could be recycled, spliced up, etc to create new scenes, but otherwise any new maps would feature very little audio.

InsaneMonster

Level 20
Looking forward to seeing how it plays out ^^

And it's a shame we can't really flesh out the campaign more than this. I know there is Thrall dialogue in WoW that could be recycled, spliced up, etc to create new scenes, but otherwise any new maps would feature very little audio.

I'm doing my best about that. I'm not Blizzard ;)

Added cinematics showcase of the second mission, Departures:

Level 12
Holy cow! This is awesome! An actual Reforged Campaign! Congrats on doing Blizzard's job!

While I can't play it cause I don't own Reforged any longer, I just want to give you a like and say how awesome is this. Congrats! It's awesome to have one actual Reforged Campaign!

One suggestion, in the new interlude replace the Elven Archmage with Hydromancer with a hero glow. And in the next chapter make him a BfA Tide Sage, with spells such as Forked Lightning or Chain Lightning, Summon Sea Elemental instead of Water, Crushing Wave and Tornado. Also if possible replace the Rifleman with Spearthrowers, Mortar Team with Cannons or Catapults and Priests and Sorceresses with some more Tide Sage like units. I know that Kul Tirans have both Priests and Mages, but still they're not supposed to be featured in the army so prominently.

Level 1
Awesome job, just created the account to say i love your work!
If you need an English to Spanish translator, send me a PM. I'll be more than glad to help!

InsaneMonster

Level 20
One suggestion, in the new interlude replace the Elven Archmage with Hydromancer with a hero glow. And in the next chapter make him a BfA Tide Sage, with spells such as Forked Lightning or Chain Lightning, Summon Sea Elemental instead of Water, Crushing Wave and Tornado. Also if possible replace the Rifleman with Spearthrowers, Mortar Team with Cannons or Catapults and Priests and Sorceresses with some more Tide Sage like units. I know that Kul Tirans have both Priests and Mages, but still they're not supposed to be featured in the army so prominently.

The Elven Archmage is Kelen the Seeker. It is elven to rectify some lore mismanagement on the prologue. He is the archmage you slay in Silvermoon in the undead campaign. I am adding on-foot hydromancer instead of priests, with heal, crushing wave and dispel magic. I want to keep the unit roster as intact as possible to not confuse the player, but there are some pre-placed/scripted units belonging specifically to Kul Tiras. If some skins will be made available, I'll also use them!

Awesome job, just created the account to say i love your work!
If you need an English to Spanish translator, send me a PM. I'll be more than glad to help!

That's amazing man! When the campaign is completed I want to translate it all (starting from original Blizzard translation). Any help is appreciated!

Added playthrough of the second map, Departures, to show differences in gameplay:

Level 13
I have a few thoughts about this prologue campaign:

1. Kelen the Seeker is found in Silvermoon and is seen with Kul'tiras in the prologue & TFT Orc campaign. Which means one or the other is incorrect. Either he's with Silvermoon or with Kul'tiras, but there is cut content that suggests he is captured during the prologue. My suggestion would be to give Silvermoon Kelen a new name (possibly to Belo'vir as Ardenaso suggests, though he died on the Isle of Quel'danas), restoring the cut content capture of the mage, and then show him teleporting to safety at some point during Chapter 4: The Fires Down Below. That way he can return during the TFT Orc campaign without lore issues.
  2. A great selection of Orc Grunt variants have been posted onto Hive recently in the Substandard section. Though some wouldn't work due to their clans being on Draenor (or even wiped out), a few could be used to add some variety to your cutscenes and gameplay. For example, you could apply the Warsong Grunt model as a skin to those grunts you rescue during Chapter 2: Departures, or use the Frostwolf Grunt skin to give the speaking grunt a unique look.
  3. In WoW, the Sea Witch returned (as a naga) and was given the name Zar'jira, but she was capable of summoning Manifestations of the Sea Witch that looked like Banshees (as she originally did in RoC). It might be worth giving her a spell to summon those manifestations, or giving that as a unit for the Underworld Minions to use in Chapter 5.
  4. In the original demo the Murloc Sorcerer was called the Murloc High Sorcerer. Might be worth using that name again.
  5. One of the units used by the Underworld Minions in Chapter 5 is the Siege Golem. I recommend changing that golem into a Sea Elemental that fulfils a similar role on the battlefield. This would be more in keeping with the overall design of the minions.
  6. There are Witch Doctors on Chapter 5, it might be worth giving them names of some of the known Witch Doctors from WoW, such as Zalazane or Master Gadrin.
  7. In Warcraft: Adventures, a cancelled game made before Warcraft 3, the Warsong Clan had an ogre in it called Mugg'roth. It might be worth considering adding him somewhere for a bit of fun.

Last edited:

InsaneMonster

Level 20
I have a few thoughts about this prologue campaign:

1. Kelen the Seeker is found in Silvermoon and is seen with Kul'tiras in the prologue & TFT Orc campaign. Which means one or the other is incorrect. Either he's with Silvermoon or with Kul'tiras, but there is cut content that suggests he is captured during the prologue. My suggestion would be to give Silvermoon Kelen a new name (possibly to Belo'vir as Ardenaso suggests, though he died on the Isle of Quel'danas), restoring the cut content capture of the mage, and then show him teleporting to safety at some point during Chapter 4: The Fires Down Below. That way he can return during the TFT Orc campaign without lore issues.
  2. A great selection of Orc Grunt variants have been posted onto Hive recently in the Substandard section. Though some wouldn't work due to their clans being on Draenor (or even wiped out), a few could be used to add some variety to your cutscenes and gameplay. For example, you could apply the Warsong Grunt model as a skin to those grunts you rescue during Chapter 2: Departures, or use the Frostwolf Grunt skin to give the speaking grunt a unique look.
  3. In WoW, the Sea Witch returned (as a naga) and was given the name Zar'jira, but she was capable of summoning Manifestations of the Sea Witch that looked like Banshees (as she originally did in RoC). It might be worth giving her a spell to summon those manifestations, or giving that as a unit for the Underworld Minions to use in Chapter 5.
  4. In the original demo the Murloc Sorcerer was called the Murloc High Sorcerer. Might be worth using that name again.
  5. One of the units used by the Underworld Minions in Chapter 5 is the Siege Golem. I recommend changing that golem into a Sea Elemental that fulfils a similar role on the battlefield. This would be more in keeping with the overall design of the minions.
  6. There are Witch Doctors on Chapter 5, it might be worth giving them names of some of the known Witch Doctors from WoW, such as Zalazane or Master Gadrin.
  7. In Warcraft: Adventures, a cancelled game made before Warcraft 3, the Warsong Clan had an ogre in it called Mugg'roth. It might be worth considering adding him somewhere for a bit of fun.

Now I need to spoiler some things I'm working on it seems :p
So:
  1. Kelen the Seeker is supposed to teleport away when murlocs arrive at the end of mission 3. He will not appear again in this campaign, and I tought to let it appear again in Silvermoon. This is why I made he an elf and why his color is white and not green like other Kul Tiras. It is supposed to be some kind of elven Dalaran advisor. Since there is no actual lore about that, this is what I envision for it.
  2. This will be taken into consideration, yes. I'm constantly monitoring custom models to give some kind of flavour to the maps. The idea of mine is to use mostly skin variations, like Blizzard did in the SC2 campaigns. I must be wary to not confuse players tough. The idea is to make a proper Re-Reforge, not going wild with customization where not required.
  3. I thought to make her directly summon sea elementals (like the archmage with water elementals). It seems fitting to me.
  4. I didn't notice that. Do you think there is a reason for that change? Maybe their retcon is correct?
  5. Siege Golem is no more. The new 5th map features murlocs (with some mur'guls) attacking you from all sides (with amphibious assaults) and the naga sea witch with some support naga units (dragon turtles, snap dragons) and mur'guls. This is because mur'guls are supposed to be engineered murlocs commanded by the nagas, so I try to be lore accurate and introduce a little bit the naga roster (while keeping the naga name and iconic units hidden).
  6. The third map (which is now the exact same map as the fifth and it is done from scratch in the right tileset and with bigger size) features a custom Sen'Jin and Zalazane models (with Sen'Jin full lip-sync) and our dear Vol'Jin. It will also feature a secret involving First Home and the entire mission design is reimagined to make you actively defend the trolls while fighiting the humans.
  7. I really don't know where to put such a thing. The second mission don't look too appropriate to me. Dunno.

Level 13
Now I need to spoiler some things I'm working on it seems :p
So:
  1. Kelen the Seeker is supposed to teleport away when murlocs arrive at the end of mission 3. He will not appear again in this campaign, and I tought to let it appear again in Silvermoon. This is why I made he an elf and why his color is white and not green like other Kul Tiras. It is supposed to be some kind of elven Dalaran advisor. Since there is no actual lore about that, this is what I envision for it.
  2. This will be taken into consideration, yes. I'm constantly monitoring custom models to give some kind of flavour to the maps. The idea of mine is to use mostly skin variations, like Blizzard did in the SC2 campaigns. I must be wary to not confuse players tough. The idea is to make a proper Re-Reforge, not going wild with customization where not required.
  3. I thought to make her directly summon sea elementals (like the archmage with water elementals). It seems fitting to me.
  4. I didn't notice that. Do you think there is a reason for that change? Maybe their retcon is correct?
  5. Siege Golem is no more. The new 5th map features murlocs (with some mur'guls) attacking you from all sides (with amphibious assaults) and the naga sea witch with some support naga units (dragon turtles, snap dragons) and mur'guls. This is because mur'guls are supposed to be engineered murlocs commanded by the nagas, so I try to be lore accurate and introduce a little bit the naga roster (while keeping the naga name and iconic units hidden).
  6. The third map (which is now the exact same map as the fifth and it is done from scratch in the right tileset and with bigger size) features a custom Sen'Jin and Zalazane models (with Sen'Jin full lip-sync) and our dear Vol'Jin. It will also feature a secret involving First Home and the entire mission design is reimagined to make you actively defend the trolls while fighiting the humans.
  7. I really don't know where to put such a thing. The second mission don't look too appropriate to me. Dunno.

1. That might work, though I'm pretty sure he appears in the TFT Orc campaign too, so he'd have to escape Silvermoon in that situation as well :D
  2. I'd agree. You want to use them relatively sparsely and effectively, and I definitely agree with the idea of using them as skins. My thought was that by giving the Warsong a different looking Grunt, it makes it clearer that they are a distinct entity within the Horde (unlike the other clans in Thralls Horde who are not mentioned at all). This would mean it'd appear in... 5 maps across 9 campaigns. A different looking grunt for the demon worshipping Blackrock's might be another idea as well, to sell that they're a different faction of Orc.
  3. Sounds good!
  4. Not sure why they did it really, it's just a small change in the grand scheme of things, but I thought it was worth pointing out so you can consider the two names and which one you prefer :)
  5. Glad to hear it's no more, and the use of the animalistic Naga units works well in my book, nice one!
  6. Very cool ideas, I won't press for more details as I'll happily find them as I play the mission.
  7. Hmmm, well, you could put him in the 2nd mission at the end, he could be walking along with the rest of the Horde. He could then re-appear in Grom's base during his battles against the Alliance and the Night Elves in the later Orc campaign, and perhaps as a "boss" to kill in the mission where you fight to cure Grom of his bloodlust.... Or you could just ignore him entirely :D, it was just a suggestion.

Level 4
@InsaneMonster What do you think about the idea of including lore characters in the maps, for example the grunt Thrall speaks to could be Nazgrel, and he can be a stronger grunt with the nazgrel model ( think the Captain, Shandris, Naisha). Also Thralls model makes him look like an orc child near the grunts, Maybe scale him up a bit :)

InsaneMonster

Level 20
@InsaneMonster What do you think about the idea of including lore characters in the maps, for example the grunt Thrall speaks to could be Nazgrel, and he can be a stronger grunt with the nazgrel model ( think the Captain, Shandris, Naisha). Also Thralls model makes him look like an orc child near the grunts, Maybe scale him up a bit :)

Well well, I can already say that you will love the third map as soon as it gets released, just for that!

Level 4
I got the impression that was Eitrigg
Could be either one really, or even Varok or Broxigar, but i always had a feeling it was Nazgrel. The reason being that he was Captain of the warchief's security force and Thrall's blood brother and advisor, hence the closest one to him - proximity wise at least, so it makes sense for him to be the one giving reports.

InsaneMonster

Level 20
Amazing!! I was wondering when someone would do it! :D When Fans do a much better job then paid people, it's sad.

Thank you! I'm quite near releasing the third mission and a big update overall. Once the prologue if finished I'll open a patreon and if people are interested, I'll go on with other campaigns.

The difference being is obviously that the former do in fact, care.

I think devs care. Higher-ups don't however.

Some previews for the next update, I'm currently polishing it:
WC3ScrnShot_082020_123854_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_082020_123939_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_082020_124106_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_082020_124321_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_082020_125822_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_082020_125514_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_082020_125059_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_082020_125853_001.png

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_082020_124859_001.png
    WC3ScrnShot_082020_124859_001.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,594

InsaneMonster

Level 20
You made that custom Sen'jin model? it's nice

Yes, with a little help from Moonman.

Also, don't you think the priests should be like the Kul Tirans?

They are human pries with special abilities to reflect their Kul Tirans heritage. They are called hydromancer. I'm thinking of adding some custom textures too to them.

I also hope someone makes a human marine gunman model for more Kul Tiran immersion

I've already asked the team behind Warcraft 2 campaign for reforged for their Kul Tirans skins. Let's see if I can get them in before the first release.

Level 4
Thank you! I'm quite near releasing the third mission and a big update overall. Once the prologue if finished I'll open a patreon and if people are interested, I'll go on with other campaigns.

I think devs care. Higher-ups don't however.

Some previews for the next update, I'm currently polishing it:
This is just wow, you are doing some amazing work, keep it up!