• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

These FAQs are general for the entire project, and updated accordingly.

For a specific campaign FAQ, please refer to its project page.
You can find specific campaign's pages by clicking the released campaigns images on the OVERVIEW THREAD or by checking out the DOWNLOADS THREAD.
Credits are also displayed per campaign.

FAQ
  • How do I install the campaigns?
    To play a custom campaign, you have to:
    Download the campaign Unpack it in your Warcraft III\Campaigns folder (in Windows, under My Documents) Start the game Single Player Custom Campaigns Select the campaign you want to play.
    Please note that the campaigns are Reforged HD settings only and cannot be played with classic graphics.

• What difficulty is for me and how do I select a difficulty?
    If you can beat the vanilla campaigns on Hard difficulty, I suggest trying out Hard for an engaging additional challenge or Normal if you just want to play on a similar difficulty level. If you can beat the original campaigns on Normal you can try Normal to add some challenge or Story to have a slightly easier experience than the original. Finally, if you only can beat the vanilla campaigns on Story, I recommend playing on Story.
    If you play a custom campaign, you can select your difficulty from the custom campaign in-game menu.

• Can I play with graphics mods or audio mods?
    Yes, but it's not the intended experience. Graphics and audio is tuned on vanilla settings and dialogues, and models/textures could look too dark/washed out or animations could bug out completely. Dialogues could as well be translated incorrectly and many issues could arise.
    Please don't report any glitch or issues unless you are playing with vanilla game.

• Is hero progress saved between maps?
    Yes, and also much more... It is saved no matter how you play the maps, from the World Editor or from the custom game menu. Just remind that if you change the playing method between missions, progress could be reset. It could also be reset when Blizzard pushes an update.

• Is music the same as vanilla game?
    Yes, but there are some instances where custom music is played, for example when specific sections or battles happen. Music should feel definitely more interactive and dynamic than in vanilla game.

• Is there any cheat code I can use?
    Yes, beside some obvious vanilla cheat codes (excluding allyourbasearebelongtous, which doesn't work in custom maps and campaigns), I've added the following cheat codes:
    • ggwp, it will make you win immediately and without any cinematic, by default saving the cache. You can also specify if to save the cache or not adding the following -cache or -nocache (example usage: ggwp -nocache will make you win the current map without saving the cache).
    • howard, not really a cheatcode, it show on screen the current difficulty level. Very useful if you are not sure of the difficulty you are playing on.
    • notimetowaste, to enable all campaigns buttons, allowing you to play any mission in any order you want. Once done, it's permanent until the campaign installation is changed.
      Inside each map, you can see debug system I use to test my own cinematics. Use them at your own peril, for they are intended only for me!

• Do you use checkpoints?
    Yes, I carefully use checkpoints to help players if they forget to save at important points during the mission. Keep in mind that checkpoints can't replace manual save games and I encourage you to save when you think it's most important for you. Beside that, if you are annoyed by checkpoints or like ironman runs, you can toggle them using the following cheatcodes:
    • docheck, to enable checkpoints. It's useless if they are already enabled.
    • nocheck, to disable checkpoints. It's useless if they are already disabled.
    Because of a recent issue with Reforged, where checkpoint saves end up being corrupted, by default checkpoints will be disabled in every mission. Remember to save yourself or to enable them with the cheat code above.

• Is there any copyrighted custom music in the campaign?
    All music comes from Blizzard's games, specifically World of Warcraft and all of its expansions. Else, the music is original and actually owned by me, so there is nothing to worry about. You can record any footage of my campaigns and put it online without risk of copyright infringements.

• Are heroes like in vanilla campaigns?
    Heroes ability are the same of the vanilla campaign and the main heroes are like in vanilla. The experience system, however, is tweaked to be more rewarding. In other words, your heroes needs to do stuff in first person to gain experience and a lot of killing is required to gain levels. Tomes of experience and creep camps to clear come really handy, so make sure to search for them!

• What do you mean by modernized gameplay and redesigned quests?
    Missions should feel less repetitive and some twists are added to the basic build a base then destroy your opponent's base formula. Additional mechanics are introduced with maximum care to make them not frustrating. Quests are also redesigned to feel modern and more similar to Starcraft 2's ones. This includes easier to understand objectives with more complex quest mechanics. Also checkpoints are used extensively, to better keep the player's progress saved if something bad happens.

• Is the overall story changed, for example taking care of World of Warcraft's events?
    The overall story is the same as classic, with some restored content. Additional elements from World of Warcraft are referenced and integrated into the main storyline, without retconning it in any way.

• How can I play in my language?
    First check if your language is supported. I plan to support all languages Reforged supports, in time. If your language is already supported, just launch the campaigns and maps with the game in your language and it will work immediately, just like official campaigns. If your language is not supported all map specific text will be in english, additional dialogue will have no voice. Dialogues, game texts and lip sync will be automatically localized tough. I recommend to play in english if your locale is not supported for the best possible experience.

• Can I edit the maps?
    All my maps and campaigns are unprotected and as such you are free to open them, look at how they are done and edit for personal use only. It is forbidden however to republish my maps, modified or not, without my explicit consent. If you use any asset from them not credited in the relative project page you have to give credits to me and link to the campaign you are borrowing the asset from.

• Where can I find the AI scripts of the computer opponents in your maps?
    All my AI scripts are written in JASS and they use a customs set of advanced routines. You can find them in the map files (.ai extension) and they can be opened with any text editor (I do recommend Notepad++). You can also find some them in this thread on Hive Workshop, alongside some AI scripts shared by other creators.

• This project looks overly ambitious, will you finish it?
    The project doesn't exist only because of passion, as well as I can't eat through passion alone. I am committed to complete it in the least amount of time that's possible, but support through advertisement and donation is very welcome.
    I'm trying to do with the campaign what Blizzard advertised but didn't... and it's not an easy task by any means.

• How can I support you?
    The preferred way to support the project is through donations by joining the Patreon I opened up specifically for it. You can find it here.
    By becoming a patron you also get access to additional benefits as described on the Patreon page.
    If you just want to donate a specific amount, you can directly donate through PayPal here.
    If you want to support my work on the project and my Lets Dev. livestream, you can also follow to my Twitch channel here.
    If you are short on money, you can still follow on Twitch or Twitter and subscribe to my YouTube channel. Sharing this project in forums, social media, etc is also really appreciated.

• Can I showcase your work?
    Of course you can! It's also really appreciated.
    When showcasing a campaign, make sure to read the relative FAQ in the specific project page or on the project Discord server.

• How can I contribute?
    If you want to contribute with models, translations, voice-acting, bugs reports, design ideas and stuff like that please do so through through this project page or the project Discord server.
    Finally, if you played any of the campaigns please leave a review on each project page! Reviews are very important to me, both as recognition by the community and as a way to get constructive criticism.

• What are your system specs?
    The system specs Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged is developed and tested are as follows:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB VRAM
    RAM: 64 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula
    Mass Storage: Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2 250 GB (Operating System), Sumsung SSD 850 EVO 500 GB (Programs), Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256 GB (Data), HGST HUS728T8TALE6L4 8TB HDD (Data), ST2000DM006-2DM164 2TB (Backup)
    Power Supply: ROG Thor 850W
    Cooling: Corsair H100i RGB Platinum AIO
    Case: Full-tower Graphite Series 780T Black
    Monitor: Samsung Galaxy Odissey G9
    Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
    Mouse: Cooler Master MM720 RGB
    Mousepad: Corsair MM800 RGB Polaris
    Webcam: Trust Tyro Full HD
    Microphone: Tonor TC-777

INTERVIEWS

Last edited:
Status