• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Music of the Scourge of Lordaeron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

I know many of you played WoW and love Warcraft as a whole. So here I am asking you to give me some nice hints for beautiful musics for the Scourge of Lordaeron campaign. Please, associate them with a specific theme or event (Blackrock, Cult of the Damned, Kel'Thuzad, Mal Ganis, Muradin's Dwarfs, Frostmourne, various types of Battle, Townsfolks, Uther, Generic Alliance).

Please don't ask to include them just because you like them if you can see they don't fit.
For example, cinematic musics often don't fit because they vary too much to convey a single meaning, and I don't want to design any cinematic around a music.

I will decide what to include and what not, and in which form, but I am sure you can give me a huge help by filtering the best and most appropriate ones for me.

Thank you in advance!

Level 16
Everness has great compilations of Warcraft music. Many of their videos have timestamps for each individual piece of music as well.

Orc related scenes:

Could use music from here for Northrend scenes:
I'm not including the more upbeat Northrend music, like Grizzly Hills and Howling Fjord, because everything that happens there in WC3 is bad, lol.

Troll scenes:
Meeting Northrend ice trolls
Meeting trolls in Lordaeron:

For darker scenes:
This one is half light and half dark

Perhaps this for random Scourge related moments:

Level 20
My suggestions are probably going to be terrible, because I have an absolutely abysmal musical taste, but heck - no harm in posting :D

Some pretty obvious tracks to consider would be:
  • "Arthas, my son" or "Invincible" as a forshadowing in the cutscene where Arthas wanders off into the frozen wastes after killing Mal'ganis
  • a modernized version of the Warcraft 2 human music in mission 1/2, where you fight Blackrock orcs, i.e. the spiritual successors to the W2 Horde
  • Battle for Azeroth Alliance music - this or this part (from 37:28) or this or this
  • Dalaran theme for the Jaina/Antonidas/Medivh cutscene (I'd recommend the one from Legion)
  • music from human/dwarf zones, taverns and WotLK in WoW (as listed below)
For some a bit less obvious ones... I'd try:
  • Anduin (Stormwind Harbor) theme could probably fit Arthas, especially in some sad/hard moment
  • Since Dreadlords are basically vampires, maybe some Revendreth/Venthyr music would fit Stratholme/Mal'ganis
  • Maldraxxus music could work for Kel'thuzad/undead
Even though I know going through all of these would take a lot of time, I'm not feeling competent to suggest specific parts, so... treat the above as more of a general hint where to look and what to try (e.g. skip through parts of it to get the general vibe) :)

Last edited:
Level 5
I love the music of WoW very much! Am I right in thinking that in a single mission you can include different pieces of music? I wouldn't want to replace all the music, but having some places/moments where such a piece plays and another where WC3 music plays would be great!

Here are my ideas:

- This one plays in the Hillsbrad/Alterac regions, so it could be used for missions set in and near Strahnbrad:

- I really love the first piece of music from this video (called Day A1 and Day C1), particularly 00:42, which plays in the Western Plaguelands, which means it could show up in Andorhal/Hearthglen missions. Additionally, some of the Scholomance bits could fit with Cult of the Damned appearances:

- This music from the Eastern Plaguelands might fit in any Lordaeron setting where the Scourge has a presence:

- One of my favorite musical pieces from WoW, this is what plays in the Culling of Stratholme dungeon, and I really hope you use at least part of it in that Wc3 mission. If I had to choose only one piece from WoW to make it here, it would be this one:

- Now, for Northrend, it greatly depends on which version you'll be going with for Arthas's landing location.

If you use Daggercap Bay, which is in the Howling Fjord, you can't miss out on using this music, perhaps in a shot showing the ships reaching the shore:

However, if you go with WoW's location in the Dragonblight, you also have the opportunity to use this hauntingly beautiful music:

- And lastly, for the moment Arthas takes Frostmourne, perhaps you could consider the music from Icecrown:

Or perhaps some piece from Icecrown Citadel:

Edit: Having read the comment above me, I agree that perhaps the music of Dalaran could be used in some places:

Last edited:
Level 20
@Ethenil I agree with the Stratholme dungeon music, though if I were to pick the part starting at 4:50 seems perfect for the cutscene where Uther and Jaina go back to Stratholme and see what Arthas has done :)

I mean, I feel it would go really well with showing bodies being burned and so on :)

Level 20
Great stuff! Some battle musics? Something I can use when figthing Blackrock orcs or the Scourge, for example. Would love to have them separate.
I think either the W2 theme or Battle for Azeroth warfront music I listed above would be great for fighting Blackrock orcs.

Or you can try some WoD music, like this one:

As for fighting the undead... If you decide to go with Venthyr/vampire style for Mal'ganis/Stratholme, this part could work (granted, it's short):

More natural fit would be something from WotLK soundtrack - for instance 16:09 or 2:43:30 from this:

I'd generally recommend going through WotLK soundtracks, there's lots of really cool stuff there, including dedicated themes for Mal'ganis or Kel'thuzad. The latter might not work too great since you deal with Necromancer KT instead of Lich KT, but if you'd need something for the Cult of the Damned, try this:

If you wanted some holy warrior/paladin themed music, parts of which could be used for Uther or battles:

Not battle music, but this part (12:57) could be nice for some village:

Last edited:
Level 16
Great stuff! Some battle musics? Something I can use when figthing Blackrock orcs or the Scourge, for example. Would love to have them separate.
I agree with MasterBlader...the second I read "battle music" I thought of Battle for Azeroth Warfront music...
This "Warfronts Battle F" segment in particular should get the blood pumping for a fight against the Blackrock clan
Another good bit is "Warfronts Battle B"

Status
Not open for further replies.