Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged: Exodus of the Horde

This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.

WARCRAFT III RE-REFORGED (RR)
PROLOGUE CAMPAIGN
EXODUS OF THE HORDE

FEATURES

• Actually remastered in-game cinematics, with angles, interface and style closely matching the ones shown at Blizzcon 2018
  • Reimagined maps and missions, with beautiful, easy to navigate terrain, modernized gameplay, redesigned quests and more meaningful events, often influencing following maps in interesting ways
  • Detailed and expanded lore, with a completely new interlude and epilogue, fleshed out characters and interactions, with many references from World of Warcraft
  • Rebalanced difficulty levels, to make the experience tailored and engaging to each player, with completely new AI scripts designed to give opponents a distinguishable personality
  • Multiple languages supported, including some voice acting for the additional dialogues, and all graphics mods compatible
  • New, lore accurate secrets and much much more... only waiting for you to play!

PROJECT'S SUBFORUM

THE STORY TOLD... BY IN-GAME CINEMATICS

Note: a new cinematic will be released each week until the entire story is fully narrated through all the in-game cinematics.

FAQ
  • How do I install the campaign?
    Custom campaigns are not currently supported in Warcraft 3: Reforged are we are all waiting for Blizzardto fix this. Until then, there are two ways to play the campaign:
    1. Download the maps Unpack them in your Warcraft III\Maps\Download folder (under my documents in Windows) Start the game Single Player Custom Game Select the mission you want to play
    2. Download the maps Unpack them where you want Open the World Editor Click on File Open Map Once the map is loaded, you can play the map by pressing the Test Map button (or by pressing Ctrl+F9)
    Please note that the campaign is Reforged HD settings only and cannot be played with classic graphics.
  • What difficulty is for me and how do I select a difficulty?
    If you can beat the vanilla campaign on Hard difficulty, I suggest trying out Hard for an engaging additional challenge or Normal if you just want to play on a similar difficulty level. If you can beat the original campaign on Normal you can try Normal to add some challenge or Easy to have a slightly easier experience than the original. Finally, if you only can beat the vanilla campaign on Easy, I recommend playing on Easy.
    You cannot select a difficulty through the Custom Game menu, directly in the game interface,. You can however do so by playing through the World Editor.
    To choose a difficulty this way click on File Preferences Test Map Select the difficulty of your choice Play the map through the World Editor to play on the chosen difficulty.
    The difficulty of the game when played through the Custom Game menu is always Normal.
  • Is hero progress saved between maps?
    Yes, and also much more... It is saved no matter how you play the maps, from the World Editor or from the custom game menu.
  • Is music the same as vanilla game?
    Yes, but there are some instances where custom music is played, for example when specific sections or battles happen. Music should feel definitely more interactive and dynamic than in vanilla game.
  • Is there any copyrighted custom music in the campaign?
    All music comes from Blizzard's games, specifically World of Warcraft and all of its expansions. There is one music which is original, and it is actually owned by me, so there is nothing to worry about. You can record any footage of this campaign and put it online without risk of copyright infringements.
  • Are heroes like in vanilla campaigns?
    Heroes ability are the same of the vanilla campaign and the main and only hero of the campaign is Thrall, just like in the original one. The experience system, however, is tweaked to be more rewarding. In other words, your hero needs to do stuff in first person to gain experience and a lot of killing is required to gain levels. Tomes of experience and creep camps to clear come really handy, so make sure to search for them!
  • What are the interlude and the epilogue for?
    They integrate the story. Specifically, the interlude describes the chase of the stolen ships by Admiral Daelin Proudmoore's fleet and the shipwreck caused by the storm near the Maelstrom, as seen by Sen'Jin during its vision. It shows the arrival of the orcs on Darkspear Island and the reason why humans are there, too. The epilogue shows instead the Horde sailing to Kalimdor while something sinister happens in Lordaeron...
  • What do you mean by modernized gameplay and redesigned quests?
    Missions should feel less repetitive and some twists are added to the basic build a base then destroy your opponent's base formula. Additional mechanics are introduced with maximum care to make them not frustrating. Quests are also redesigned to feel modern and more similar to Starcraft 2's ones. This includes easier to understand objectives with more complex quest mechanics. Also checkpoints are used extensively, to better keep the player's progress saved if something bad happens.
  • Is the overall story changed, for example taking care of World of Warcraft's events?
    The overall story is the same as classic, with some restored content. Additional elements from World of Warcraft are referenced and integrated into the main storyline, without retconning it in any way.
  • How can I play in my language?
    First check if your language is supported. I plan to support all languages Reforged supports, in time. If your language is already supported, just launch the map with the game in your language and it will work immediately, just like official campaigns. If your language is not supported all map specific text will be in english, additional dialogue will have no voice. Dialogues, game texts and lip sync will be automatically localized tough. I recommend to play in english if your locale is not supported for the best possible experience.
  • Can I edit the maps?
    All my maps are unprotected and as such you are free to open them, look at how they are done and edit for personal use only. It is forbidden however to republish my maps, modified or not, without my explicit consent.
  • Where can I find the AI scripts of the computer opponents in your maps?
    All my AI scripts are written in JASS. You can find them in the map files (.ai extension) and they can be opened with any text editor (I do recommend Notepad++). You can also find them in this thread on Hive Workshop, alongside some AI scripts shared by other creators.
  • What about the tutorial?
    The tutorial is expanded and improved in many ways, beside the fact that it is now fully skippable. While keeping the same core, the tutorial is more explicative of the game mechanics and more interactive. It also features more hints and a bunch of useful optimizations to its triggers. Moreover, the tutorial is now streched along the entire campaign. In other words, you can choose to play or not to play the tutorials on the first and second map and if you do play them, some additional hints and information will be displayed in following missions too. If you skip the tutorials, simpler hints will be displayed like in regular campaigns. If you know how to play I do recommend skipping the tutorial for a more immersive and overall enjoyable experience.
  • Do you plan on re-reforging the entire game?
    It depends. Ideally yes, but it is an huge undertaking and the time and effort required to make it real are enormous. How much this project will encompass of the game depends on your support. Only thing that I promise... if I start a campaign, that very campaign will be finished and released. But how many campaigns I do start re-reforging depends on you, more than on me.
  • How can I support you?
    The preferred way to support the project is by joining the Patreon I opened up specifically for this project. Also, you can check out my YouTube channel and share this project and the channel as much as you can in forums, social media, etc. If you are a youtuber and want to showcase my campaign, let me know so that I can include your footage in this page's showcases section. If you want to contribute with models, translations, voice-acting, bugs reports, design ideas and stuff like that you can join the project's Discord server. Finally, if you play the campaign please leave a review. Reviews are very important to me, both as recognition by the community and as a way to get constructive criticism.
  • Are there any known issues?
    Yes, very minor issues. If you load a saved game, the loading screen crest could appear of the wrong race. I don't know why this happens but it is just a loading screen bug, no effect on the game whatsoever. Also, when loading saves, custom music could be reset and default music could be playing instead. This can be annoying, but sadly there is nothing I can do to fix it. Also, the checkpoints saved by the game are in a folder not shown in some menus. Specifically, you can find them under CustomSaves folder. If this folder is not showing up for you, you probably need to load the game from another map and not from the main menu. As before, there is nothing I can do to fix this, but this is an issue that can be worked around with ease anyway.

CURRENTLY SUPPORTED LANGUAGES

Note: a greyed out flag means the translation is current in progress, so not yet completed for all missions or just missing some parts.

SHOWCASES

Note: I will feature as many showcases as possible (they may be too many to be all featured here, huge thanks to the creators nonetheless). Please notice that some may not be up to date or they can be localized in languages other than english.

CREDITS

About me

Custom models

Voice actors

Translators

Acknowledgements

Patreon Supporters

My name is Luca Pasqualini and I'm an italian software engineer and teacher/researcher. I work in the field of computer science with a focus on AI and machine learning and I like developing games (possibly, from scratch) in my spare time. Because of that, I know very well Unity, Starcraft 2 Galaxy Editor and of course Warcraft 3 World Editor.

I have partecipated to the Rock The Cabinet 2017: Co-op edition contest for Starcraft 2 and my map, Mercenary Business made it to the top 10, to my great suprise. I have a Deviant Art page, where I show off mostly 3D arts, as well as a YouTube channel, where I showcase games, maps, mods I make and some music that I assemble together with my father.

I was hyped beyond any imagination for Warcraft 3: Reforged, and while the disappointment was there, I saw great potential in the art assets and in the few but key changes Blizzard made to the engine. Mostly for fun, I tried re-reforging the first map of the prologue with better cinematics and now... well, now here we are. I guess it's already been a long journey, and I don't even know if that's just the beginning...

Note: some models used in the maps are not released on Hive. More often than not, this is because the model is just a small edit and not worth being published here.

• LOA Exogort (english), Luca Pasqualini (italian), Warglaive (spanish), PraymA (russian, former), Alexey Negodayev (russian, current), Vel (chinese simplified)
  • ACOLYTE ShadiHD (english), Luca Pasqualini (italian), Warglaive (spanish), PraymA (russian, former), Фейвури (russian, current), Vel (chinese simplified)

• ITALIAN Luca Pasqualini
  • RUSSIAN Buffalo
  • SPANISH Serena H.
  • FRENCH Bauldeury, Xefiggy, special thanks to Horgian
  • GERMAN Knall
  • POLISH DragonWarden93
  • CHINESE (SIMPLIFIED) Keno, laN, firefox, Vel

• AlexMSimenov for most early no-glow hero models.
  • loktar for the classic sound files in the second mission Departures.
  • DracoDirik for the overall support and beta-testing!
  • Tamplier777 for the insightful discussions about the World Editor, the overall help and beta-testing.
  • Zenmaster for the insightful discussions about the lore of Warcraft and the overall help.
  • Moonman for overall help and beta-testing.
  • ShadiHD for overall help and beta-testing.
  • Retera for making Retera Model Studio.
  • PaulH for beta-testing and the help on the lore and codex.
  • Serena H. for beta-testing.
  • Knall for beta-testing and the collectible scrolls idea.
  • Warglaive for recording footage with graphics mods for the trailer.

Note: Patreon supporters are added to this page after a month of their pledge (when their pledge becomes effective and it's not declined). Beside each one of them it is displayed the time they have been supporters of the project (so also former patrons are displayed here and this list will be always updated).

Karol Piątkowski (01/2021 - current)
KickKing (01/2021 - current)
Luke Jarvis (01/2021 - current)
BladeMasterRUSH (01/2021 - current)
Kevin Mattsson (01/2021 - current)
klivenn (01/2021 - current)
Damian Roman (01/2021 - current)
Johan Hedenäng (01/2021 - current)
Christopher Carpenter (01/2021 - current)
Max Grant (01/2021 - current)
Christian Kaw (01/2021 - current)
Edgar Möller (01/2021 - current)
DragonWarden93 (01/2021 - current)
Fateless44 (01/2021 - current)
Darlan (01/2021 - current)
Petabik (01/2021 - current)
Alex (01/2021 - current)
Melorandor (02/2021 - current)
Trond Troaab
(02/2021 - current)
Vel Wu (02/2021 - current)
Antii Alajääskö (02/2021 - current)
Seyahnayr (02/2021 - current)
Ruler_Red (02/2021 - current)

CHANGELOG

03/07/2020

03/09/2020

05/03/2020

06/17/2020

09/19/2020

09/23/2020

01/07/2021

01/21/2021

02/12/2021

02/24/2021

TBD

• Released Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.0]

• Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.1]:
    - All creep camps now wake up when huts are attacked (if sleeping)
    - All creep camps spawn on harder difficulties is now bounded to the existance of the spawning hut
    - All creep camps spawn huts will immediately spawn their reinforcement if the relative hut is attacked
    - Improved the Sleeping Ogre camp
    - Fixed a bug which may cause the last cinematic to hang if a previous cutscene was skipped
    - Cleaned some triggers and removed some useless one

• Released Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Visions) [v1.2]:
    - The tutorial is now optional and can be skipped with an appropriate dialog (no story content is lost if the tutorial is not played)
    - Added footsteps sounds during cinematics to all units
    - Increased the number of animated tree (thanks to additional trigger optimization)
    - Improved sounds variety and quality both during gameplay and during cinematics
    - Added visual effects to Medivh while morphing
    - Added lighting effects during cutscenes
    - Improved a bit the terrain
    - Improved tutorial in some points (with optimizations and additional indicators)
    - Added lore "hints" to display additional info about the Warcraft lore during the game
    - The ogre now has some personality and is quite of a challenge
    - Added a shaman and a war mill to the orc encampment for additional variety

• Released Mission 02 Interlude (Maelstrom) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.1]:
    - Removed hero glow from all heroes during cinematics
    - Added back lip-sync (animated portraits) to all characters during transmissions and cinematics
    - No more Hellscream™
    - Some little improvements to sounds, timings and overall terrain
    - Fixed some typos
    - Fixed some pathing issues
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.3]:
    - Removed hero glow from all heroes during cinematics
    - Added back lip-sync (animated portraits) to all characters during transmissions and cinematics
    - Fixed some typos

• Released Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Maelstrom) [v1.1]:
    - Improved terrain with a lot of small but important tweaks
    - Added custom models to Sen'Jin and Kul Tiras forces
    - Added scene showing the humans attacking the trolls
    - Now Nazgrel is the only raider in Thrall's group
    - Made it clear it is Sen'Jin vision all along
    - Other fixes and minor modifications according to the critiques I recieved when it was first released
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.2]:
    - Added some additional dialogues to increase immersion
    - Added a Gnoll lore hint
    - Improved cutscenes with custom models and small fixes
    - Added a specific Warsong grunt model
    - Gar'Thok has now a more prominent role
    - Fixed some more typos
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.4]:
    - Now Thrall leaves its tent on foot
    - Snowsong is a thing now
    - Added more sounds to the Horde's camp during the cinematic to make it fell more alive
    - Improved all the cinematics with small but important tweaks
    - Gar'Thok has now a more prominent role
    - Added some additional dialogues to increase immersion
    - Added an appropriate Ogre Mound to the sleeping ogre
    - Now the hidden potion secret is a much more appropriate Circle of Binding secret, summoning the potion

• Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.0.1]:
    - Fixed a tree trunk on the way of a shaman to appease MasterBlaster OCD
    - Fixed some bugs with the trigger queue in the third cinematic (Healed Fountain), where queue was not cleared and the fountain itself was not healed if the cinematics was skipped

Note: this release represent the final release of the campaign, because of that the update is quite heavy on changes to pre-existing maps.

• Released Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.1]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the overall design of the mission and the stability of it
    - Included the tutorial and cache to preserve game state
    - Reworked cinematics to look actually like Blizzcon 2018
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.2]:
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.3]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the tutorial and included cache to preserve game state
    - Added localization
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.5]:
    - Fixed quite some bugs
    - Improved the tutorial and included cache to preserve game state
    - Now the ogre and the trolls have more personality
    - Added localization

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.1]:
    - Music timings are now compatible with all localizations
    - Fixed a small bug in the spanish localization
    - Added WarCraft font for russian final text
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.1]:
    - Improved general mission balance
    - Fixed an issue that could cause enemy base to aggro on the player
    - Fixed an issue that could cause Zar'jira taunts to be in the wrong order
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.1]:
    - Reworked Snowsong section to be more engaging
    - Fixed some pathing issues
    - Fixed a bug on normal and easy difficulty that prevent a Tome Wraith from spawning
    - Increased a bit the difficulty of the "Dagon spawn" section of the boss fight
    - Fixed some display issues for spanish localization
    - Fixed some glaring bugs for russian localization
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.2]:
    - Moved a troll in the third village so that a crate can now be accessed
    - Fixed a display bug in the trolls' villages counter
    - Fixed italian, spanish and russian localization about the trolls' villages counter
    - Added french localization
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.3]:
    - Updated french localization
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.4]:
    - Fixed an hint about building a second barracks displaying when you already had a second barracks
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.6]:
    - Improved a bit the last camera on the final cinematic
    - Some small performance improvements in the Horde's base cinematic
    - Intro text has now proper russian WarCraft font
    - Fixed a small typo in the spanish intro text
    - Added german localization

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.2]:
    - Improved Kel'Thuzad animations a little bit
    - Improved russian localization
    - Improved russian voiced dialogues
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.2]:
    - Looping custom music is now restored when loading from save
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.2]:
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.3]:
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.5]:
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.7]:
    - Added codex system
    - Added polish localization

Note: french translation, while made for all missions, is not fully tested, not voiced and has no codex entry for the majority of the mission. Thus, it's still in progress.
Also, note that on the map description in the custom games menu the wrong version is displayed. I've dropped versioning on the map description for the future and I will remove each one of them for the next update (it's long and I had to time in this update). To find out the map version, check the trigger editor of the map.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.3]:
    - Added chinese (simplified) localization
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.4]:
    - Fixed layout of trees around fountain to avoid units to get stuck
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.5]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.6]:
    - Adjusted Hellscream head angle during cinematics
    - Improved human base decorations
    - Made the children invulnerable
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.8]:
    - Fixed a typo in the english Forest Trolls codex

Note: this update features quite a lot of bug fixes with respect to localizations (typos, inconsistencies, some missing localization, etc). Beside that, I also did an optimization pass. Technically speaking, all maps now runs on native lua and are fully leak free. I also optimized many triggers by enabling them only when needed in order to get a bit of performance back. This may be successful or not, always consider though that the high quantity of HD assets on screen (especially during cinematics) will always be taxing for any PC.
This update also features improved facial expression through all cinematics. Let me know what you think of it. While subtle, it can be noticed mostly by looking at the eyes movements of the characters while speaking.

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.4]:
    - Finished french localization
    - Added multiple models for the villagers of Andhoral
    - Improved a bit cutscenes animations
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.4]:
    - Added system to auto target certain neutral buildings (e.g. creep camps)
    - Fixed a bug on the Kul Tiras base preventing a rifleman to exit his tent when the camp was under attack
    - Improved some camera angles
    - Improved a bit gameplay animations
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.4]:
    - Added range indicator on the 3D world for the murlocs on Snowsong section
    - Improved a bit the Snowsong countdown mechanic system to be a bit less punishing (but still impossible to cheese)
    - Improved Murloc High Sorcerer AI so now it won't as often stop while casting
    - Uniformed prisoners stats with player's one
    - Removed any visible boundary from the view
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.5]:
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.6]:
    - Fixed height of the troll hut of the first scene in order to be on the ground
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.7]:
    - Added multiple models for the villagers of Southshore
    - Improved and optimized the routines of the villagers of Southshore
    - Fixed a bug preventing certain neutral units (e.g. riderless horse) to be shown during cinematics
    - Improved a bit ambient sounds
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.9]:
    - Removed some critters that were making hard to path through
    - Improved a bit ambient sounds
Contents

RR Prologue 01 (Map)

RR Prologue 02 (Map)

RR Prologue 02 Interlude (Map)

RR Prologue 03 (Map)

RR Prologue 04 (Map)

RR Prologue 05 (Map)

RR Prologue 05 Epilogue (Map)

Reviews

ShadiHD

Hosted Project: W3CSW
Level 6
I've been lucky enough to be one of the few to play-test this everytime he made progress, and I ensure all the fans that InsaneMonster's take on this campaign is absolutely amazing, very fun and engaging, I encourage you all to support him so we have the chance to play the Human campaign!

Level 8
I am very very love the style of cutscenes that Blizzard showed at blizzcon 2018 but they didn't do as promise and this disappointed me a lot.Now,you make my wish come true by adding new cutscences,specific characters,rework terrain,... it make this campaign has many many things that I have never know.I will play it right now to discover and enjoy true Reforged campaign. Hope you remake entire campaign.

First of all: @InsaneMonster managed to Re-Reforge the campaign, there is no doubt about that.

Everyone who followed Reforged way back then was hyped. We were promised cinematics on far with modern expectations, some of us have hoped for extra characters or expansion of the lore.
Sadly we got very little of it, in fact only a few mission even had greatly improved cinematics. I don't feel the need to dab on Reforged any more, we all know what we got and what we wanted...
However, there are fans of the universe who are willing to give many hours of their free time to fulfil their own dreams and the dreams of others. So here we are, Re-Reforged, Exodus of the Horde.

I recommend anyone who owns Reforged to play this campaign, and assure that you will find your previously broken expectations met.

Cinematics - Immersion

One of the first things you'll see are exactly the level of cinematography that you have seen at BlizzCon trailer, if not better.
The camera is dynamic and close to the units, showing their lipsinc and high quality textures. There are also custom models here and there as well as unused Blizzard ones.

There is a lot of attention to detail in the cinematics. One of the first things I noticed is a grunt turning away and quickly back to Thrall when spoken to again after a pause.
This is such a small thing, yet very immersive behaviour. There is more background action in general, such as peons working, soldiers being wounded after a battles etc., etc.

More music and extra sounds are used in many occasions (armour clunking, steps etc.), this is yet again proving an overall higher quality to the cinematics.

Gameplay

You would have thought it's just a project that alters cutscenes, but that's not the case. While the first two missions are close to original (with some improvements), the rest is completely reimagined.

In fact, every mission on the islands feels completely new besides the story. Assets, terrain and atmosphere are more fitting. Map layout and gameplay is more engaging.
Hell, there is even a proper boss fight at some point, but I don't want to spoil too much for those who still haven't played though this gem.

5/5 is well deserved, there was clearly a lot of work, polishing and love put into this.
I do hope enough support will be provided for the project, because I really want to see as much of the campaign being Re-Reforged as possible!

Level 1
I reuploaded the maps because the .zip file was broken due to something weird happened on Hive. Now everything should be back to normal, I didn't make any change.
Hi friend, I think the .zip file is still corrupted, I tried to download your maps more than 3 times and it only download a 703MB zip file and when trying to extract the popup appears saying the file is corrupted. Thanks for your great work, greetings from Peru.
upload_2021-1-16_17-33-40.png

In the image:
Folder Compression Error (in zip)
Windows cannot open the folder.
The compressed folder C: / users ....... "wc3 re reforged" is not valid.

Attachments

• upload_2021-1-16_17-33-16.png
    upload_2021-1-16_17-33-16.png
    131 KB · Views: 15

InsaneMonster

Hosted Project: W3RR
Level 10
Hi friend, I think the .zip file is still corrupted, I tried to download your maps more than 3 times and it only download a 703MB zip file and when trying to extract the popup appears saying the file is corrupted. Thanks for your great work, greetings from Peru. View attachment 371987
In the image:
Folder Compression Error (in zip)
Windows cannot open the folder.
The compressed folder C: / users ....... "wc3 re reforged" is not valid.

I tried download right now and the download was successful. When this happens, please just redownload. Or wait a couple hours and then redownload. It's something about the website and not the maps, so I can't do anything about that.

InsaneMonster

Level 10
I've tried to download it multiple times and it just keep saying that the archive is corrupted.

Also where are the other maps? Why is it incomplete? Am I doing something wrong here?

View attachment 372228

This is a recurrent problem on Hive Workshop nowadays, I believe due to the higher sizes of reforged files. Sometimes it fixes itself, sometime I have to reupload. I will push an update this evening though, so you can wait to download until then. I am sorry for the problem, it's not really something I can control (the archive is zipped by the Hive, I just put in the maps individually).

Level 3
Okay, dopo aver giocato tutta la campagna Ri-riforgiata, posso dire con certezza che questo è esattamente quello che mi aspettavo dal "gioco base", ma così come delle campagne a tema Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King eccetera, sono stati i fan a renderle possibili.
Non ho trovato bug di nessun tipo, tranne uno nella prima missione che, non so come fosse possibile, aveva mischiato sottotitoli, tooltips, consigli e, praticamente, ogni tipo di informazione scritta completamente sballata, e ricordo di aver letto delle parti della storia della Missione 2 come dialoghi e suggerimenti mentre ancora stavo facendo la prima, ma avendo giocato tutto il gioco tipo... 6 volte, forse di più, non mi ha dato più di tanto fastidio. Tutto il resto è stato fantastico, la cinematografia è ottima e le interazioni aggiunte sfruttando i file audio non utilizzati, nascosti o di campagne future aiuta un sacco a rendere la storia e l'azione più omogenea. Giusta, inoltre, la scelta di differenziare le unità in base al clan o alla fazione di appartenenza (ringraziamo quei santi della Chronicles of the Second War per questo, anche quello un lavoro impeccabile), che pure in WCIII base non era presente, tipo Kul Tiras, che nella Missione 3 ha il colore Blu come Lordaeron. Ho sempre legato i colori alla fazione come una religione e vederli sbagliati a volte mi fa partire il nervoso LUL

Tutto sommato, AMO questo progetto e lo intendo supportare meglio che posso. Mi piacerebbe veramente tanto aiutare, ma non conosco il World Editor abbastanza da poterlo fare, l'unica cosa che posso fare è fornire supporto morale e giocare le mappe pian piano che escono.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, after playing the whole Re-reforged campaign, I can say without a doubt that this is exactly what I expected from the "base game", but, like what happened with some custom campaign based on the WoW Expansions, only fans were able to make it possible.
I did not found any sort of bug, except for the first mission that, I really have no clue on how it happened, it had mixed tooltips, subtitles, advices and, pretty much, every written information was scrambled, I remember reading dialogues from the second mission while I was playing the first one, although I played the whole story like... 6 times, it did not bother me too much. The rest was amazing, the cinematography is great, and the added interactions between characters using cut, hidden or from future campaign audio files really helps in making the story and the action more amalgamated. Also, right choice to change the units' models based on their clan or faction they belong (let's thank those saints from Chronicles of the Second War, that's a great campaign too), that's something that even base WCIII did wrong, like Kul Tiras, in the third mission is Blue, like Lordaeron. I always connected colors and factions like a religion and seeing them misplaced triggers me sometimes LUL

To sum it up, I LOVE this project and I aim to support it the best I can. I would love to help, but I don't know the World Editor enough to do that., the only thing I can do is provide moral support and play the maps when they are released.

InsaneMonster

Level 10
Okay, dopo aver giocato tutta la campagna Ri-riforgiata, posso dire con certezza che questo è esattamente quello che mi aspettavo dal "gioco base", ma così come delle campagne a tema Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King eccetera, sono stati i fan a renderle possibili.
Non ho trovato bug di nessun tipo, tranne uno nella prima missione che, non so come fosse possibile, aveva mischiato sottotitoli, tooltips, consigli e, praticamente, ogni tipo di informazione scritta completamente sballata, e ricordo di aver letto delle parti della storia della Missione 2 come dialoghi e suggerimenti mentre ancora stavo facendo la prima, ma avendo giocato tutto il gioco tipo... 6 volte, forse di più, non mi ha dato più di tanto fastidio. Tutto il resto è stato fantastico, la cinematografia è ottima e le interazioni aggiunte sfruttando i file audio non utilizzati, nascosti o di campagne future aiuta un sacco a rendere la storia e l'azione più omogenea. Giusta, inoltre, la scelta di differenziare le unità in base al clan o alla fazione di appartenenza (ringraziamo quei santi della Chronicles of the Second War per questo, anche quello un lavoro impeccabile), che pure in WCIII base non era presente, tipo Kul Tiras, che nella Missione 3 ha il colore Blu come Lordaeron. Ho sempre legato i colori alla fazione come una religione e vederli sbagliati a volte mi fa partire il nervoso LUL

Tutto sommato, AMO questo progetto e lo intendo supportare meglio che posso. Mi piacerebbe veramente tanto aiutare, ma non conosco il World Editor abbastanza da poterlo fare, l'unica cosa che posso fare è fornire supporto morale e giocare le mappe pian piano che escono.

Non posso riprodurre questo bug nella versione corrente. Immagino tu abbia giocato in italiano, giusto? Se sì, probabilmente ho sbagliato nella vecchia versione (quella a release, per intenderci) a importare le stringhe di testo localizzate e ho messo quelle della missione 2 invece che della 1. Un misclick, per intenderci. Per favore, saresti così cortese da riscaricare la versione corrente, lanciarla, e dirmi se la prima missione ha i testi localizzati come dovrebbe?

----------------------

Can't reproduce this bug on current version. I imagine you played the italian version, right? If so, there is a chance I made a mistake in previous version (the release one), when importing the localized strings, using the ones from mission 2 instead of those of mission 1. A misclick, roughly speaking. Please, could you redownload the current version, launch it, and report me if the texts are localized as they should?

Last edited:
Level 3
Non posso riprodurre questo bug nella versione corrente. Immagino tu abbia giocato in italiano, giusto? Se sì, probabilmente ho sbagliato nella vecchia versione (quella a release, per intenderci) a importare le stringhe di testo localizzate e ho messo quelle della missione 2 invece che della 1. Un misclick, per intenderci. Per favore, saresti così cortese da riscaricare la versione corrente, lanciarla, e dirmi se la prima missione ha i testi localizzati come dovrebbe?

A dire il vero l'ho rigiocata con la versione prima di questa e il bug non c'era, quindi probabilmente, come hai detto tu, era solo un bug delle prime versioni.

Colgo l'occasione per ringraziarti del lavoro che stai facendo e, ripensandoci, come successo nell'epilogo, che hai usato dei file audio nuovi, in caso ti servisse una voce per qualche personaggio maschile, posso provare ad aiutare. Sono anche abbastanza bravo a recitare e ho partecipato a qualche doppiaggio fan-made, ho "un po' di esperienza amatoriale".

Inoltre stavo pensando, che tu sappia, esiste una versione in italiano della demo originale, delle tre missioni degli orchi? Io ho usato il workaround per avere il doppiaggio italiano del 2002 (nostalgia assoluta, non sono un direttore di doppiaggio quindi non mi metto a dire quale dei due sia meglio), e ovviamente avendo solo il gioco base il doppiaggio era mischiato fra frasi nuove e vecchie. Ho cercato e non ho trovato nulla a riguardo :/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually I played it again with the second newer version and the bug is not there, so, as you said, it was probably one of the earliest builds.

I take this opportunity to thank you for all the work you're doing and, thinking about it, you happened to use a new voice clip in the epilogue, so, if you need a male voice for some character, I could help. I'm quite good at acting and I took part in some fan-dubs, I have "some amateur experience".

Level 11
I liked most everything, the new elements you introduced in the various maps were all welcome additions, including the troll camps, the fact that it returned to help or hinder you on chapter 5, based on how many you actually protected, the part with the wolf. Also, the camerawork is really great!
I read the first few comments you got on this project, man, I love that you held out under such negativity.

The only gripe I have is that the game is a bit too talkative with hints.
For example:
You try to pick up a tome on Chapter 3 but it disappears, three ghosts appear called Tome Wraiths.
Even if you are confused, killing them will return the tome and then you are up to speed with the gimmick.
No need for a hint to explain this, for example.

The same goes for the game encouraging the player to pick up items they have literally just found on, for example, Chapter 2.
I don't know what player would just leave the item if a hint doesn't tell them to pick it up.

Also, Glyph of Ultravision is a very weird item to keep dropping all the time.

But to reiterate, I consider these minor problems and this version of the Prologue is fairly close to what Blizzard should have delivered.

InsaneMonster

Level 10
I liked most everything, the new elements you introduced in the various maps were all welcome additions, including the troll camps, the fact that it returned to help or hinder you on chapter 5, based on how many you actually protected, the part with the wolf. Also, the camerawork is really great!
I read the first few comments you got on this project, man, I love that you held out under such negativity.

The only gripe I have is that the game is a bit too talkative with hints.
For example:
You try to pick up a tome on Chapter 3 but it disappears, three ghosts appear called Tome Wraiths.
Even if you are confused, killing them will return the tome and then you are up to speed with the gimmick.
No need for a hint to explain this, for example.

The same goes for the game encouraging the player to pick up items they have literally just found on, for example, Chapter 2.
I don't know what player would just leave the item if a hint doesn't tell them to pick it up.

Also, Glyph of Ultravision is a very weird item to keep dropping all the time.

But to reiterate, I consider these minor problems and this version of the Prologue is fairly close to what Blizzard should have delivered.

You would be surprised what very inexperienced players could forget to do.
Anyway, I do quite agree with your criticism and it's by design for the prologue campaign. I don't know if you played with the tutorial, but if you enable the tutorial in the first or in the second map, you get expanded hints through the entire prologue.

Sadly the game engine is not as powerful as SC2, where I could make much less intrusive hints. And I want this to be fully playable by new players and experienced players alike.

Finally, when the next update drops, together with a BIG announcement, all the lore hints will be removed (and I'll use something else in their place), so there will be much less clutter on the UI.

Played the prologue, it's just gorgeous! When is the approximate time for an alliance campaign?)

When it's ready ;)

Last edited:

InsaneMonster

Level 10
A new updated is released!

The highlight of this update is the introduction of the Codex system. For once, I did add a feature instead of a map!
I warmly suggest to try it out when you can, you won't be disappointed.

Changelog (02/12/2021)

• Updated Mission 05 Epilogue (Beyond the Sea) [v1.2]:
    - Improved Kel'Thuzad animations a little bit
  • Updated Mission 05 (Contdown to Extinction) [v1.2]:
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Fires Down Below) [v1.2]:
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 03 (Riders on the Storm) [v1.3]:
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Malestrom) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Departures) [v1.5]:
    - Added codex system
  • Updated Mission 01 (Chasing Vision) [v1.7]:
    - Added codex system
    - Added polish localization

Last edited:
Level 6
Alright, I'm going to try to give feedback mission by mission otherwise I'll end up losing track of it.

First of all, overall really good. Camera work is excellent. I do have some feedback regarding the cutscene at the orc camp where Thrall recruits 3 orcs. I thought the additional life you brought to the camp and the lore characters and such was really good, but the cutscene felt dragged out. There is hardly any dialogue to justify it and there is quite an awkward pause between Thrall saying "Throm-ka" and one of the grunts saying, "We are yours to command."

You could add some dialogue if you wanted (from WoW and/or TFT bonus orc campaign), but I think it would be better to just make the cutscene shorter and snappier. The camp is already really cool and looking around it with a free camera is very solid.

God, the upgrade to the ogre, just perfect. Gave him a clan, a color, a bigger firepit to match his size, and a fucking ogre mound. This was the first time he feels alive instead of just a worthless creep. I wouldn't have killed him if I wasn't sure the codex would drop off him.

Ditto for the forest trolls. Awesome upgrade.

Codexs are an interesting lore addition to the mission. I like it. Collected/read them all. Couple of typos in the Forest Troll codex. Should be "Horde's defeat" rather than "Hordes defeat" for one.

The other mid-mission cutscenes were excellent. No further feedback on those.

I have a minor quibble on the final cutscene with Medivh. There is a long pause between Thrall calling Medivh human and Medivh laughing/responding. Perhaps this pause was deliberate, but I found it a bit uncanny valley and I think it would be more natural if Medivh was walking/talking at the same time instead of pause, walk, and then talk.

Overall, really good. I look forward to more.

Level 6
Currently doing the 2nd mission. First cutscene is really good. Pacing and such is on point.

I like that you can skip the tutorials. Forgot to mention that last time.

I noticed an error with the codex on the Warsong Clan. It says they didn't fight in the First and Second wars but that is wrong. They took part in both wars, heavily.

The map terrain is noticeably improved. Gnoll base looks better, more organic. Murloc encounter is more interesting as well.

Alliance cutscene was good. Increased scope of the map looks promising. Added bandits are cool and well done.

The beefed up Alliance base is a lot more fun to attack. Can't just steamroll/faceroll it. Custom models for Warsong orcs, excellent. Decoration of the actual town was also really good. Villagers fleeing and sound effects was excellent. I didn't like that the horses didn't run away, not even when I attacked them (I was looking for the last codex).

Other than the last codex, which I still haven't found, they all felt naturally placed. Peons, Warsong Clan, Alliance Internment Act, Shamans, and unknown. I've been up and down the map killing every neutral creature and destroying every box and I can't find it. I gave up and finished the mission without it.

The final cutscene was pretty good. Grom did seem like he wasn't facing Thrall which stood out to me, but otherwise fairly solid.

Again overall, great work. 10x better than what Blizzard did.

InsaneMonster

Level 10
Alright, I'm going to try to give feedback mission by mission otherwise I'll end up losing track of it.

First of all, overall really good. Camera work is excellent. I do have some feedback regarding the cutscene at the orc camp where Thrall recruits 3 orcs. I thought the additional life you brought to the camp and the lore characters and such was really good, but the cutscene felt dragged out. There is hardly any dialogue to justify it and there is quite an awkward pause between Thrall saying "Throm-ka" and one of the grunts saying, "We are yours to command."

You could add some dialogue if you wanted (from WoW and/or TFT bonus orc campaign), but I think it would be better to just make the cutscene shorter and snappier. The camp is already really cool and looking around it with a free camera is very solid.

God, the upgrade to the ogre, just perfect. Gave him a clan, a color, a bigger firepit to match his size, and a fucking ogre mound. This was the first time he feels alive instead of just a worthless creep. I wouldn't have killed him if I wasn't sure the codex would drop off him.

Ditto for the forest trolls. Awesome upgrade.

Codexs are an interesting lore addition to the mission. I like it. Collected/read them all. Couple of typos in the Forest Troll codex. Should be "Horde's defeat" rather than "Hordes defeat" for one.

The other mid-mission cutscenes were excellent. No further feedback on those.

I have a minor quibble on the final cutscene with Medivh. There is a long pause between Thrall calling Medivh human and Medivh laughing/responding. Perhaps this pause was deliberate, but I found it a bit uncanny valley and I think it would be more natural if Medivh was walking/talking at the same time instead of pause, walk, and then talk.

Overall, really good. I look forward to more.

Thank you!
The Medivh cinematics is on purpose, I like it this way (for some odd reasons). This is very much a showcase, introductory map, this is why I indulged a bit on the orc camp. Still, it's just something I like, personal taste I suppose.

Currently doing the 2nd mission. First cutscene is really good. Pacing and such is on point.

I like that you can skip the tutorials. Forgot to mention that last time.

I noticed an error with the codex on the Warsong Clan. It says they didn't fight in the First and Second wars but that is wrong. They took part in both wars, heavily.

The map terrain is noticeably improved. Gnoll base looks better, more organic. Murloc encounter is more interesting as well.

Alliance cutscene was good. Increased scope of the map looks promising. Added bandits are cool and well done.

The beefed up Alliance base is a lot more fun to attack. Can't just steamroll/faceroll it. Custom models for Warsong orcs, excellent. Decoration of the actual town was also really good. Villagers fleeing and sound effects was excellent. I didn't like that the horses didn't run away, not even when I attacked them (I was looking for the last codex).

Other than the last codex, which I still haven't found, they all felt naturally placed. Peons, Warsong Clan, Alliance Internment Act, Shamans, and unknown. I've been up and down the map killing every neutral creature and destroying every box and I can't find it. I gave up and finished the mission without it.

The final cutscene was pretty good. Grom did seem like he wasn't facing Thrall which stood out to me, but otherwise fairly solid.

Again overall, great work. 10x better than what Blizzard did.

According to Wowpedia, the lore I put there is correct. It's actually taken from wowpedia.

The codex entry you missed is here:

upload_2021-2-22_15-25-30.png

Thank you, noted the Grom head direction!
Really looking forward to know more of your impressions for the remaining maps!

InsaneMonster

Level 10
So the prologue campaign here is done as beautifully as it should have been.
Simply an incredible job, I'm looking forward to what's next.

Just one question: Why are the Kul'Tirans led by High Elf-Archmage Kelen the Seeker? I seem to be missing some information to understand that.

Lore was missing about that. Original archmage was called Kelen the Seeker, who is supposed to be a rogue/wizard elf. So I came up with my own lore explanation. If you noticed the color, he is an advisor for the Kul Tirans, not an actual Kul Tiran.

Your campaign is just breathtaking. Excelent work :D

No! You are breathtaking! (cit.)

InsaneMonster

Level 10