• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes - Version 1.36.1 - LIVE

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Blizzard said:

Warcraft III: Reforged Patch Notes - Version 1.36.1

Version 1.36.1 features system updates, balance changes, map pool updates, and bugfixes.

We would like to thank everyone who participated in public testing and provided valuable feedback.

General
  • Added Save/Load Functionality back to online games (does not apply to Ranked Matches).
  • Updated the camera zoom functionality to support more granular zoom values (IE. 1933).
  • Enabled the ability to view Hero’s XP bar by hovering the mouse over the bar in the selection panel in Observer Mode.
  • Added the ability to View Profile for your teammates and opponents in the Tournament Result screen.
  • Due to instabilities in the campaign as a result of numerous AI and scripting changes we are rolling back changes that were previously made in version 1.33. The audio pass that was done previously was not rolled back.
Bugfixes
  • Fixed a crash that would primarily happen on the Fall of Silvermoon where a VFX would try playing on a different game thread.
  • Fixed an issue where voice language and text were not interchangeable.
  • Fixed an issue where Tech Tree requirements won’t work for custom requirements.
  • Fixed an issue where custom Item Actions would not work in the world editor.
  • Fixed an issue where the match processing screen would time out consistently.
  • Fixed an issue where updating a sound on the Sound Editor would cause an issue with file generation.
  • Fixed an issue where the campaign would skip scores and then the game client would freeze.
  • Fixed an issue where campaign difficulty resets to normal on the next level.
  • Fixed an issue where custom loading screens would not load properly.
  • Fixed an issue where subfolders in the campaign folder would cause a crash.
  • Fixed an issue where players would disconnect when trying to retrieve their match history data.
  • Fixed an issue where Blizzard would be listed as the player list in replays.
  • Fixed an issue where AT Elimination matches were not being processed correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where viewing profiles would have no information while the Tournament Results screen is active.
  • Fixed an issue where the Tournament Results screen would be briefly visible when entering an Elimination game.
  • Fixed an issue where the countdown until the next Tournament would not properly start.
  • Fixed an issue where the Escape shortcut was not functional in the Tournament Results screen.
  • Fixed some issues where users would get kicked from matchmaking as they entered an Elimination game.
  • Fixed an issue where Elimination Bracket UI lines would not line up properly.
  • Fixed an issue where Bye victories were not being added to your profile.
  • Fixed an issue where Allies tab text was inconsistent.
  • Fixed an issue where assets would get unintentionally unloaded.
Balance

Human

• Militia duration increased from 40 to 42.5 seconds.
  • Bash Bonus Damage increased from 25 to 25/40/55.
  • Devotion Aura increased from 2/3.5/5 to 2/4/6.
  • Keep increasing food from 12 to 14.
  • Castle increases food by 14 to 16.
  • Priest cast point time reduced from 0.5 to 0.4.
  • Heal cooldown increased from 1 to 1.1 seconds.
  • Archmage strength per level increased from 1.8 to 2.
  • Paladin move speed increased from 290 to 300.
Night Elf
  • Moonwell mana regeneration reduced from 1.5 to 1.35.
  • Immolation activation cost increased from 1 to 10.
  • Immolation mana buffer requirement increased from 9 to 10.
  • Warden Blink cooldown reduced from 10/7/4 to 10/5/2.5.
  • Fan of Knives max total damage increased from 300/625/950 to 375/ 750/1330 (Unit cap increased to 4/5/5 to 5/6/7).
  • Mana Flare max damage reduced from 100 to 80.
  • Mark of the Talon now only requires Adept Training.
Undead
  • Spiked Carapace melee damage returned increased from 15/25/35 to 15/30/45%.
  • Spiked Carapace bonus armor increased from 3/5/7 to 4/8/12.
  • Cripple cost reduced from 125 to 100 mana.
  • Skeletal Mastery cost reduced from 200/175 to 150/100.
  • Nerubian Tower cooldown increased from 1 to 1.3.
  • Nerubian Tower Frost Attack reduced from 5 to 3 on for Heroes (Remains 5 for units).
  • Abomination turn rate increased from 0.4 to 0.5.
  • Crypt Fiend turn rate increased from 0.5 to 0.6.
  • Dreadlord move speed increased from 290 to 300.
Orc
  • Bladestorm damage increased from 110 damage per second to 140 damage per second.
  • Spirit Walker Build time reduced from 38 seconds to 35 seconds.
  • Spirit Walker Adept Training reduced from 60 to 50.
  • Spirit Walker Master Training reduced from 75 to 65.
  • Steel Armor Upgrade Lumber increment Reduced from 150 to 125.
  • Steel Melee Weapon Lumber increment reduced from 100 to 75.
  • Steel Ranged Weapons Lumber increment reduced from 100 to 75.
  • Troll headhunter hit points increased from 350 to 375.
  • Tauren build time reduced from 44 to 39 seconds.
Neutral
  • Firelord Incinerate mana cost reduced from 6 to 3.
  • Firelord Lava Split requirement reduced from 15 to 13.
  • Firelord Volcano Damage increased from 100 to 125.
Items
  • Tome of Retraining now has a stock of 2 charges in the shop.
  • Staff of Teleportation now has a stock of 2 charges in the shop.
  • Crystal Ball moved from level 3 to 2.
  • Crystal Ball moved from permanent to charged drop table.
  • Crystal Ball now has 3 charges.
  • Crystal Ball cooldown removed.
  • Ring of Protection +3 removed from Drop Table.
  • Claws of Attack +4 increased to Claws +5.
  • Periapt of Vitality gold cost reduced from 325 to 300.
Neutral Creeps
  • Dark Troll Trapper movement speed reduced from 300 to 270.
  • Ice Troll Berserker movement speed reduced from 300 to 270.
  • Ice Troll High Priest movement speed reduced from 300 to 270.
  • Assassin movement speed reduced from 300 to 270.
  • Frost Armor (Creeps) slow duration reduced from 5 to 3 seconds.
Map Pool
  • The 1v1, 2v2, 4v4, and FFA Map Pools have been updated.
1v1 Maps
  • Added Hammerfall, Springtime
  • Removed Autumn Leave, Tidehunters
2v2 Maps
  • Added King and Country, Rusty Creek
  • Removed: Synergy, Avalanche
4v4 Maps
  • Added Wellspring Temple, Ferocity, Nightopia
  • Removed Ekrezem’s Maze, Chimney Isles, Goldrush
FFA Maps
  • Added: Monopoly, Phantom Grove, Royal Gardens, Wellspring Temple, Twisted Meadows, Ferocity
  • Removed: Deathrose, Silkverpine Forest, Sanctuary, Monsoon, Mur’Gul Oasis, Neon City
Tournaments
We’ve adjusted the tournament schedule so that it now rotates time zones each week. At the end of week 4, tournaments will reset back to week 1. We’re also moving away from the more specific type of tournaments to cater to a wider audience per tournament.
For PST, EST, CST
  • Monday-Friday will be 7:00 p.m.
  • Saturday-Sunday will be 2:00 p.m.
For KST
  • Monday-Friday will be 7:00 p.m.
  • Saturday-Sunday will be 10:00 a.m.

Level 11
dear god i almost had a stroke reading the human balance changes i mean the abominations need a collision adjustment not a turn rate one
and whats that ?? bash dmg increased? dude its already strong enough , nice changes for the undead the crypt lord passive sounds really great now

Level 11
12 armor from passive? Should they be asked to redo anything else? Unlikely, just roll back the game to 1.29 and it will look like 1.37... 3d menu, no lags in menu, good ui...
no matter how much they try to make armor passives good it will never be good enough the armor values are underpowered its not effective until the armor is around 10 or 12 only then u start seeing the armor doing its work armor itself need a change i found a perfect solution for it increase the armor so that 1 armor= 7% instead of 6% , and yeah the changes of 1.29 were so good especially for the dreadlord

Still waiting for significant changes. We had like 2 or 3 upgrades for mapping which are at least in the right direction.
I have the feeling there's only one part-time intern working on the engine. Warcraft 3 isn't a huge mess for 2020s standards and they still managed to mess it up.
I am not a melee expert, but bash damage improvement is quite strong. I would temper it better to like 25/30/35, or even 25/28/32.
Bash was a bit bellow average, so increasing damage was a good take, but now it is too much.

Warcraft 3 could be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better.

It's also always annoying to calm down those biscuit-head fanboys wanting Warcraft 4 or a 5th race. They don't want new content, they just want to be right about their own immature vision and brag others about it.

Level 8
no matter how much they try to make armor passives good it will never be good enough the armor values are underpowered its not effective until the armor is around 10 or 12 only then u start seeing the armor doing its work armor itself need a change i found a perfect solution for it increase the armor so that 1 armor= 7% instead of 6% , and yeah the changes of 1.29 were so good especially for the dreadlord
Armor can't protect against abilities, of course they won't be able to balance those things correctly. You need to find a "golden mean" between physical damage and damage from abilities. Armor is good when passives or items gives only 1-8 armor. After some point, physical damage became absolutely trash, but abilities? All these passives from 2002 protect only from physical damage, protection from abilities is not even considered, there is just some item for this and that’s it. The game needs to be remade. Fully. Some abilities may not even work correctly in the editor. (incinerate first abi in my head) They make stupid rebalances that no one needs! Rework the game mechanics, make more variable passives and abilities, God, there is so much that can be introduced into the game, and they are trying to balance things from 2002 and that's it! Delete useless bullshit, add new abilities and passives! Where is passive against ability damage? Most simple custom maps have big problems with physical damage and abilities - useless shit or first or second. Just because blizzard didn't make enough various abilities for better balance. They should update whole game, not stupid balance from 2002. New data for abilities must be added!

12 fucking armor, but what about damage from another heroes? This balance looks like old custom map made by some kid.

Level 11
Armor can't protect against abilities, of course they won't be able to balance those things correctly. You need to find a "golden mean" between physical damage and damage from abilities. Armor is good when passives or items gives only 1-8 armor. After some point, physical damage became absolutely trash, but abilities? All these passives from 2002 protect only from physical damage, protection from abilities is not even considered, there is just some item for this and that’s it. The game needs to be remade. Fully. Some abilities may not even work correctly in the editor. (incinerate first abi in my head) They make stupid rebalances that no one needs! Rework the game mechanics, make more variable passives and abilities, God, there is so much that can be introduced into the game, and they are trying to balance things from 2002 and that's it! Delete useless bullshit, add new abilities and passives! Where is passive against ability damage? Most simple custom maps have big problems with physical damage and abilities - useless shit or first or second. Just because blizzard didn't make enough various abilities for better balance. They should update whole game, not stupid balance from 2002. New data for abilities must be added!

12 fucking armor, but what about damage from another heroes? This balance looks like old custom map made by some kid.
yeah i forgot about magic damage from abilities yeah totally true but i guess this is how its supposed to be some units has some passives that reduce the dmg taken from these abilities , but you know that for sure however if such reduction from abilities is to be implemented on a massive scale that will change a lot which isnt an easy task heck i reckon it will need a coffee cup and a nice mountainous view to brain storm how things will work if such changes are to be made

Level 8
yeah i forgot about magic damage from abilities yeah totally true but i guess this is how its supposed to be some units has some passives that reduce the dmg taken from these abilities , but you know that for sure however if such reduction from abilities is to be implemented on a massive scale that will change a lot which isnt an easy task heck i reckon it will need a coffee cup and a nice mountainous view to brain storm how things will work if such changes are to be made
Warcraft is very outdated, why do people still make abilities through triggers? It's a shame, are we in 2007? Now it’s 2023, everything that the players did, the same Dota, the same strong RPG maps that are made almost entirely through custom scripts and jass, all this should be available to the average player, the game needs to be reforged, which was not done in 2020. Balance changes for melee - not content.
Everything that exists now is good (not about game menu), but more than 20 years have passed - it’s time to add new things and start fixing the old ones. Blizzard - take care of the editor, it is the only thing why Warcraft is popular - we got new genres of games, a huge number of maps that are hard to imagine in this game, ppl even made 2D platformers here! Nobody cares about your balance in melee, get busy with the things that need to be done! ! !

Level 11
Warcraft is very outdated, why do people still make abilities through triggers? It's a shame, are we in 2007? Now it’s 2023, everything that the players did, the same Dota, the same strong RPG maps that are made almost entirely through custom scripts and jass, all this should be available to the average player, the game needs to be reforged, which was not done in 2020. Balance changes for melee - not content.
Everything that exists now is good (not about game menu), but more than 20 years have passed - it’s time to add new things and start fixing the old ones. Blizzard - take care of the editor, it is the only thing why Warcraft is popular - we got new genres of games, a huge number of maps that are hard to imagine in this game, ppl even made 2D platformers here! Nobody cares about your balance in melee, get busy with the things that need to be done! ! !
custom games have a much wider audience than melee so making it easier on map makers to make stuff will be very beneficial but you need the right person in the place to make such decisions

Level 3
custom games have a much wider audience than melee so making it easier on map makers to make stuff will be very beneficial but you need the right person in the place to make such decisions
unfortunately there is not much potential for monetization in custom games, so unless we luck out and get a passionate developer or team assigned in the microsoft shuffle that really cares enough to give it the polish it deserves, I worry the world editor will remain a cool relic from a bygone era

Level 11
unfortunately there is not much potential for monetization in custom games, so unless we luck out and get a passionate developer or team assigned in the microsoft shuffle that really cares enough to give it the polish it deserves, I worry the world editor will remain a cool relic from a bygone era
there is nothing we can do.

Level 3
NetEase built their platform around monetization.
while i dont know enough about netease to dispute this, im talking about monetization on like tower wars and save/load rpgs, unless its moba cosmetics i dont really see it reaching a similar level as even a quick glance at any of netease's catalog

Level 18
It's impressive and slightly hope-inducing that they're still updating WC3. But I have to ask again: for now, why bother? Kotick is going to be gone in a month, and I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll have more flexibility with funding and time management when there isn't a psychopathic money-grubbing hell goblin manchild devouring the whole company's budget.

The fact that they're still updating WC3 and HoTS is a great sign, because it means people at the company still care about these games, or at least about the fans. It doesn't necessarily mean they "will" get the resources they need to truly do them the justice they deserve, but it does mean it can. But not while Kotick is still embezzling Blizzard funding for his and Gavin Newsom's cocaine and underage hooker fund (allegedly) stifling the creativity of his studio.

Level 2
Roll back to version 1.33? That's probably not a very practical-sounding solution but reverting to an older install of WC3 is something most people have had to put up with for four years.
Sorry for my ignorance but how to do it? is there any legal/official method or would I have to sail the four seas to find the game-data of 1.33?
Thanks in advance!

Level 3
Sorry for my ignorance but how to do it? is there any legal/official method or would I have to sail the four seas to find the game-data of 1.33?
Thanks in advance!

Level 5
I´m happy, they are still working at this game. Fixing bugs and balance is always good thing. But I would like from them to start on fixing problems with Reforged Graphics. I like new graphics, but there are definitely issues with it.

This image tells everything.

I would like to see finally Reforged Graphics as good as was shown at Blizzcon 2018. I would like to have a new UI, Proper lighting and shadows. Plus better terrain. I know, we got Quenching Mod, but such graphics, which that mod offers, should be part of the base game.

Level 11
I´m happy, they are still working at this game. Fixing bugs and balance is always good thing. But I would like from them to start on fixing problems with Reforged Graphics. I like new graphics, but there are definitely issues with it.

This image tells everything.

I would like to see finally Reforged Graphics as good as was shown at Blizzcon 2018. I would like to have a new UI, Proper lighting and shadows. Plus better terrain. I know, we got Quenching Mod, but such graphics, which that mod offers, should be part of the base game.
i dont think thats possible anytime soon warcraft 3 is a dead game , in other words there is nothing we can do microsoft can only fix so much but the damage is already done had blizzard had any intentions on a new UI or 2018 blizzcon cutscenes they would have got a proper team by now and not just fixing bugs and melee balance like lets be real? who cares about melee balance?? i can count them on my hands the real deal is the world editor much more features added to it and modernized the better the fan made content is because that is what kept this game "alive" tho i said before its dead generally speaking it cant be compared to lets say fortnite in terms of popularity.

Level 5
i dont think thats possible anytime soon warcraft 3 is a dead game , in other words there is nothing we can do microsoft can only fix so much but the damage is already done had blizzard had any intentions on a new UI or 2018 blizzcon cutscenes they would have got a proper team by now and not just fixing bugs and melee balance like lets be real? who cares about melee balance?? i can count them on my hands the real deal is the world editor much more features added to it and modernized the better the fan made content is because that is what kept this game "alive" tho i said before its dead generally speaking it cant be compared to lets say fortnite in terms of popularity.
Exactly, they modernized the world editor and added much more features to it. Which means, if they are able to improve World Editor, then they should try to improve graphics. It is probably my wishful thinking, but you never know what Microsoft might do.

Level 11
Exactly, they modernized the world editor and added much more features to it. Which means, if they are able to improve World Editor, then they should try to improve graphics. It is probably my wishful thinking, but you never know what Microsoft might do.
sad how the beta had a better lighting than the half baked looking reforged that needs a mod to adjust its lighting

Level 19
they modernized the world editor and
"they" is practically 1 and a half men people with names, who were on our side (one of them was primarily working on internals and the editor) and they were laid off with the rest of the team. Nobody works on the editor anymore, you would be grateful if they fixed up the half-baked changes of recent updates.

Level 2
Thank you for your response. But I was referring specifically to version 1.33 of Reforged.

Level 13
Since the rebirth of Wc3, I can't recall how many years ago, the only significant progress they have made is the introduction of Custom Campaigns (in my opinion, this was achieved purely by accident) at a level that is quite uncertain. The Patch Notes they release, from the cherished moment of its rebirth until today, simply serve to show us how hard they work on the game, but without clear direction or fruitful results. These Notes appear to me as an experimental field where we can observe their developers practicing what they have learned so far.

Level 5
I am not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but if it's not, please redirect me to the correct one.

Anyway, after 3 months of not playing the game, I tried to play it again. However, the game becomes lagging (on Campaign and Custom Campaign, never plays other mode besides those two).
The lag only happens after some time starting the game (around 5 minutes probably) but it never go away on its own unless I exit the program and start it again.

Same device, same version of Reforged (1.36.1, have checked for updates but there is none). Anyone knows ow to check the real-time frame rate in the game how to fix it please and h?
Many thanks

Level 2
I just want to know that this update makes the maps with a large number of units present cause a lot of poorly configured computers to get into severe lag, e.g. a frame rate of only 0.xfps, which is a negative optimization update, and for that reason I've been putting up with it for about a month now... when is this going to be fixed?