- IS THERE ANY COPYRIGHTED CUSTOM MUSIC IN THE CAMPAIGN?
All music comes from Blizzard's games, specifically World of Warcraft and all of its expansions. You can record any footage of this campaign and put it online without risk of copyright infringements.
- ARE HEROES LIKE IN THE VANILLA CAMPAIGN?
Heroes abilities are the same of the vanilla campaign and the main and heroes of the campaign are Arthas, Jaina and Muradin, just like in the original one. The experience system, however, is tweaked to be more rewarding. In other words, your hero needs to do stuff in first person to gain experience and a lot of killing is required to gain levels. Tomes of experience and creep camps to clear come really handy, so make sure to search for them!
- WHAT IS THE EPILOGUE FOR?
It expands to a proper interactive cinematic the events of Arthas attacking Mal'Ganis after Frostmourne has been claimed and it represents the end of the human campaign, closing all loose ends and perfectly bridging to the undead campaign.
- WHAT ARE PLAYABLE INTERLUDES/EPILOGUES?
They are expanded cinematic sequences with a section of gameplay, usually reduced in scope with respect to regular missions and with a more RPG style camera and mechanics. In this campaign, the interlude Divergent Courses is now playable and the new epilogue is also playable. Both can be skipped to experience the cinematics only, if you so wish.
- ARE THERE ANY KNOWN ISSUES?
Yes, as always with Warcraft 3 Reforged. I'll list them:
As final note, Warcraft 3 Reforged is not as stable as it used to be before 1.33, so if you experience crashes and other issues, there might be nothing I can do to fix them. If they are consistent, report them anyway so I can take a look. If you can't launch the maps or open them in the World Editor, make sure you close any other application and check your RAM usage. It's probably a RAM or GPU issue. Some possible solutions are:
- If you load a saved game, a set of various bug could happen. These bug are more likely to appear if you load a checkpoint, but they can also occur with manual saved games. This depends on the engine which has some issues from patch 1.33 onwards. There is nothing I can do to fix this and I can only suggest to play all maps in one session and to use manual save only if you really need them.
While for now I advice to not use the checkpoints, they are saved by the game. You should know that the game put them in a folder not shown in some menus. Specifically, you can find them under CustomSaves folder. If this folder is not showing up for you, you probably need to load the game from another map and not from the main menu. As before, there is nothing I can do to fix this.
- If you load a saved game of anyone of my maps from the main menu, the Codex dialog will break. This is an engine bug which prevents the preloading necessary for the Codex dialog to work properly when loading a saved game, unless it's from a map of the project (where the initialization has occurred properly). Just load the map from any other map of the project just started will fix this issue.
- If the game hangs on a black screen after an epilogue or an interlude, there is nothing I can do to fix it, as far as I know. Just close the game and start it up again. Everything will be correctly saved anyway, it's just the game failing to go back to main menu.
If after using the codex system you find yourself unable to click in the game world, just save and reload will fix it. This bug should be fixed in current version, but I will leave this here just in case.
- If you wonder why you see no rain in The Culling, it's because the game can't handle rain particles on large maps without crashing.
- If you experience crashes in some map, especially Chapter Seven: The Shores of Northrend, know that I am investigating the issue which seems to be graphics related. My current suggestion is to turn the game into fullscreen mode (not windowed fullscreen) and make sure there are no other active GPU intensive applications (like YouTube, Twitch, etc...).
Also, don't forget to spam Blizzard to fix their own mess. I would really appreciate if you do.
- Reduce graphics quality in settings (make sure to not open options from the in-game because, sometimes, it could freeze the game);
- Set game to fullscreen mode;
- After each map, close and relaunch the game;
- Close all other applications you can close, to reduce RAM and GPU usages.
Note: I will feature as many showcases as possible (they may be too many to be all featured here, huge thanks to the creators nonetheless). Please notice that some may not be up to date or they can be localized in languages other than english.