• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged: The Scourge of Lordaeron

full

WARCRAFT III RE-REFORGED (RR)
HUMAN CAMPAIGN
THE SCOURGE OF LORDAERON

This project truly captured what was intended for the Reforged campaign
Kam - Blizzard Warcraft 3: Reforged Campaign Designer
InsaneMonster did what Blizzard now find's impossible. Created something out of love for the original game and honored its memory
DesignerDave - Blizzard Warcraft 3: Classic Game Designer

FEATURES

• Actually remastered in-game cinematics, with angles, interface and style closely matching the ones shown at Blizzcon 2018
  • Reimagined maps and missions, with beautiful, easy to navigate terrain, modernized gameplay, redesigned quests and more meaningful events, often influencing following maps in interesting ways
  • Detailed and expanded lore, with a completely new epilogue and playable interludes, with fleshed out characters, old and new, meaningful interactions and many references from World of Warcraft
  • Rebalanced difficulty levels, to make the experience tailored and engaging to each player, with completely new AI scripts designed to give opponents a distinguishable personality
  • Multiple languages supported, including some voice acting for the additional dialogues, and all graphics mods compatible
  • New, lore accurate secrets and much much more... only waiting for you to play!

PROJECT'S SUBFORUM

FAQ <-- CLICK HERE FOR INSTALL INFO
  • IS THERE ANY COPYRIGHTED CUSTOM MUSIC IN THE CAMPAIGN?
    All music comes from Blizzard's games, specifically World of Warcraft and all of its expansions. You can record any footage of this campaign and put it online without risk of copyright infringements.
  • ARE HEROES LIKE IN THE VANILLA CAMPAIGN?
    Heroes abilities are the same of the vanilla campaign and the main and heroes of the campaign are Arthas, Jaina and Muradin, just like in the original one. The experience system, however, is tweaked to be more rewarding. In other words, your heroes need to do stuff in first person to gain experience and a lot of killing is required to gain levels. Tomes of experience and creep camps to clear come really handy, so make sure to search for them!
  • WHAT IS THE EPILOGUE FOR?
    It expands to a proper interactive cinematic the events of Arthas attacking Mal'Ganis after Frostmourne has been claimed and it represents the actual ending of the human campaign, creating a much more fulfilling and clear bridge to the undead campaign.
  • WHAT ARE PLAYABLE INTERLUDES/EPILOGUES?
    They are expanded cinematic sequences with a section of gameplay, usually reduced in scope with respect to regular missions and with a more RPG style camera and mechanics. In this campaign, the interlude Divergent Courses is now playable and the new epilogue is also playable. Both can be skipped to experience the cinematics only, if you so wish.
  • ARE THERE ANY KNOWN ISSUES?
    Not many, but I will list the few you might encounter:
    1. Opening the codex dialog while a cinematic is starting might have some weird effects on some cinematics. This is because the system I use to pause the game when the codex is opened just emulates Blizzard natives, which I can't use since that logic is hidden underneath the game engine. I will check if there is a way to prevent this, but it's very weird and low priority, so I can't promise on when it will be done. Don't report this bug to me because it's not really a bug, but just a very rare unintented behaviour that can be avoided very easily.
    2. Difficulty might not be retained between missions. Use the cheat code "howhard" to display the difficulty level of current mission. If it's not what you expect, just quit mission, select the new difficulty and then load it up again. Blizzard should have fixed this by now, but in case it happens again, you know how to deal with it.
    3. Sometimes facial animations of characters might stop working (partially or entirely). Usually restarting the game and reloading the map should fix the issue. It's also been noticed that facial animations tends to break more when alt-tabbing. This is due to Blizzard code, I can't fix it. If anyone knows a workaround, just let me know.
    4. In some locales, loading screen crest might be smaller or not fully centered. This is due to a bug in how the game client handles the loading screen crest, whose partially depends on the amount of text in the loading screen.
    5. If you reload a saved game, the crest might appear of the wrong race. Again, this is a Reforged issue, tell Blizzard about it.
    6. Some crashes might happen due to unpredictable circumstances. Just deal with them. It's not Re-Reforged, it's the game client.
    7. If the game crashes often, make sure to check your graphics settings, for Re-Reforged might be a bit heavier than vanilla Warcraft 3 Reforged:
      1. Reduce graphics quality in settings (make sure to not open options from in-game because, in rare cases, it could freeze the game);
      2. Set game to fullscreen mode;
      3. Close all other applications you can close, to reduce RAM and GPU usages.

CURRENTLY IN OPEN-BETA - ENGLISH ONLY

CURRENTLY SUPPORTED LANGUAGES

full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full
full

Note: a greyed out flag means the translation is current in progress, so not yet completed for all missions or just missing some parts.

SHOWCASES

Note: I will feature as many showcases as possible (they may be too many to be all featured here, huge thanks to the creators nonetheless). Please notice that some may not be up to date or they can be localized in languages other than english.

CREDITS

About me

Custom assets

Custom systems

Voice actors

Translators

Acknowledgements

Patrons Hall of Fame

My name is Luca Pasqualini and I'm an italian software engineer and teacher. I was a researcher with a PhD in AI. I love developing games in my spare time.

I have partecipated to the Rock The Cabinet 2017: Co-op edition contest for Starcraft 2 and my map, Mercenary Business made it to the top 10.

I was hyped beyond any imagination for Warcraft 3: Reforged, and while the disappointment was there, I saw great potential in the art assets and in the few but key changes Blizzard made to the engine. Mostly for fun, I tried re-reforging the first map of the prologue with better cinematics and now... well, now here we are. I guess it's already been a long journey, and I am really excited of what's still ahead!

The following list is a definitely not comprehensive list of assets used in some form that you can find on Hive Workshop.
In general, many models are built specifically for Re-Reforged and you can extract them and use them so long you give credits. Many of the following models have also been edited/improved to better work within the Re-Reforged ecosystem. Let me know if you see some assets (models, textures, icons...) in the campaign that are available on this website in some form and that are not credited here, I'll immediately add them in the list and give proper credits to their authors.

All the model designed for Re-Reforged are made by Mr. Ogre Man (main modeler) and Furgrim (fixer and animator).
All the icons designed for Re-Reforged are made by Handclaw.

• CAPTAIN MARWYN Rasmus Lemche (english), Luca Pasqualini (italian), Feivurey (russian), MavByte (german), Akim Belkheir a.k.a Shunrik (french), Lilmunsta (spanish, latino), Dariusz "Noktis"Ćwik (polish), Hurricane_Bo (chinese simplified)
  • ARAJ THE SUMMONER Alexandre Faller a.k.a Ehlesgens (english), Alessandro "Dagren" Monti (italian), Павел Осинягов (russian), MicRaving (german), Alexandre Faller a.k.a Ehlesgens (french), Warglaive (spanish, latino), Dariusz "Noktis"Ćwik (polish), 蓝蓝子 (chinese simplified)
  • KIRTONOS THE HERALD Ethenil (english), Alessandro "Dagren" Monti (italian), Алексей Негодаев (russian), MicRaving (german), Whirlwind (french), Warglaive (spanish, latino), JestePalom (polish), b站伊瑞斯 (chinese simplified)

A special thanks to Alexandre Faller a.k.a Ehlesgens for voicing the Shard Watcher in the french version of The March of the Scourge.

CURRENTLY IN PROGRESS

• Tamplier777 for the insightful discussions about the World Editor, the overall help and beta-testing.
  • ShadiHD for overall help and beta-testing.
  • Kam for his useful insights of Warcraft 3 Reforged.
  • Knall for beta-testing and the harsh, honest reviews.
  • PaulH for beta-testing and the invaluable help on the lore and codex.
  • Ardenaso for a lot of awesome ideas and his help on certain models.
  • Mr Ogre Man for his incredible help on a ton of custom models.
  • BurnedSmackdown for his help on certain models.
  • Zorrot and Nsyw for his help with the chinese community.
  • Spooki for overall help with the codex and english typos.
  • Dagren for overall help and support.
  • Barorque for overall help and beta-testing.
  • Retera for making Retera Model Studio.
  • A lot of awesome people and supporters on the Hive community and on the Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged Discord server! You are too many to list you all, but I thank you deeply!

For a comprehensive list of all the supporters, check out this page!

You all are amazing, thank you for your support!

CHANGELOG

01/15/2022

01/31/2022

05/06/2022

12/10/2022

12/11/2022

12/23/2023

• Released Mission 05 Interlude (The Prince and the Prophet) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 05 (March of the Scourge) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 04 (The Cult of the Damned) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 03 (Ravages of the Plague) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 02 Interlude (Jaina's Meeting) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 02 (Blackrock and Roll) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 01 (The Defense of Strahnbrad) [v1.0]

Note: this update focuses on general improvements, bug fixes and balance changes. I am really happy with the state of release, and I'm sure within a few month this version will be as balanced and refined as the prologue campaign!

• Updated Mission 05 Interlude (The Prince and the Prophet) [v1.1]:
    - General localizations fixes and improvements
    - Minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated Mission 05 (March of the Scourge) [v1.1]:
    - Reduced the amount of resources the player starts with
    - Increased a bit the overall strength of Gran Wagon
    - Reduced a bit the movement time of the Grain Caravan, especially towards the first village
    - Fixed Jaina not playing sound when rescued
    - Fixed Sorceresses not playing sound when rescued
    - Fixed Uther resurrected units stand still instead of attacking enemy bases
    - Now the Fossil item purpose should be clearer
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Cult of the Damned) [v1.1]:
    - Reduced a bit the time Mass Grave skeletons wait before attacking player
    - Increased a bit the chance of cultists heroes to attack the player on their respective lane
    - Reduced the length of Fel Strike phase during Kel'Thuzad boss fight (thus making the fight shorter)
    - Increased the amount of Ghouls and Skeletons raised during Kel'Thuzad fight
    - Reduced the overall amount of resources of the player
    - Fixed swapped west and east gate of Andorhal in the leaderboard
    - Fixed unit keeping their stance when switching to MOBA phase
    - Fixed gold not transferring from previous map
    - Fixed a rare trigger queue bug when switching phases
    - Fixed a rare bug where player units could remain outside of Kel'Thuzad arena (hopefully)
    - Fixed a rare bug where Kel'Thuzad could remain stuck in the Fel Strike phase (hopefully)
    - Fixed a rare bug where Kel'Thuzad could not attack player units (hopefully)
    - Fixed Marwyn ready quote being cut when playing
    - Fixed a rare bug preventing the Main Quest from completing after Kel'Thuzad is defeated (hopefully)
    - Fixed Dargal duplication miracle
    - Removed bounty on Anguished Spectres in Sorrow Hill
  • Updated Mission 03 (Ravages of the Plague) [v1.1]:
    - Fixed Jaina team color in final cinematic
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Jaina's Meeting) [v1.1]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Blackrock and Roll) [v1.1]:
    - Increased a bit the length of Dark Ritual timer to give player a bit more time to breathe
    - Reduced the strength of Searinox Hunt runes
    - Increased the amount of Whelps and Skeletons in Searinox Hunt
    - Increased the damage dealt by Searinox
    - Reduced the HP of Searinox (the battle should be overall harder but shorter now)
    - Increased Uther acquisition range to help reduce the chance of Blackrock units get stuck (which is quite rare already)
    - Fixed Arthas horse death sound
    - Fixed Searinox Hunt runes brought back to main area
    - Fixed Uther not having divine armor after second cinematic with Dragon Hunters
  • Updated Mission 01 (The Defense of Strahnbrad) [v1.1]:
    - Increased by two minutes the hidden timer before Strahnbrad gets attacked
    - Increased the overall strength of the Slave Master (attack, defense and HP)
    - Fixed Arthas horse death sound

Note: this update focuses on some update balances and additional improvements for what concerns models and overall lighting, plus some localization fixes and improvements. There are a lot of performance improvements and maps should load even faster in the editor.

• Updated Mission 05 Interlude (The Prince and the Prophet) [v1.2]:
    - Added a new improved model for captain Marwyn
    - Light overhaul (added a rim light, improved all Day-Night-Cycle (DNC), fixed black faces of unlit characters during cinematics using also ambient light)
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Added animated natural doddoads
    - Improved chinese translation
    - General optimization, bugfixes and improvements
  • Updated Mission 05 (March of the Scourge) [v1.2]:
    - Fixed Mardenholde Keep model which was having some issues
    - Fixed an issue with a rare double quest message on the Grain Caravan optional quest
    - Now the caravan quest will start a bit later in the game
    - Now the attack waves on hard should be slightly slower
    - Now zombie sounds are more appropriate to zombies and are the same for all localizations
    - Fixed a bug in the zombies animation speed not being synced with their actual in-game speed
    - Now Andorhal crates have the Andorhal logo on them
    - Light overhaul (added a rim light, improved all Day-Night-Cycle (DNC), fixed black faces of unlit characters during cinematics using also ambient light)
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Completely redone villagers AI, now much more effective and less heavy on performances
    - Reduced the amount of messages on screen
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Cult of the Damned) [v1.2]:
    - Increased a bit the difficulty of the cultists waves
    - Fixed a bug that was causing the skeletons to never attack (they should rarely attack, but they were never attacking)
    - Now zombie sounds are more appropriate to zombies and are the same for all localizations
    - Fixed a bug in the zombies animation speed not being synced with their actual in-game speed
    - Added a system to make the Haunted Gold Mines easier to destroy without siege damage, attacking them should be easier now
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Completely redone villagers AI, now much more effective and less heavy on performances
  • Updated Mission 03 (Ravages of the Plague) [v1.2]:
    - Improved the Abomination animations
    - Reduced abilities cooldown for the Abomination, making the fight a bit harder overall
    - The final ambush is now overall harder
    - Improved some camera angles and cutscene, plus now the camera will focus on the Andorhal crates when Jaina speaks about them
    - Removed low poly grass
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Jaina's Meeting) [v1.2]:
    - Removed low poly grass
  • Updated Mission 02 (Blackrock and Roll) [v1.2]:
    - Increased a bit the time required for the Dark Ritual to finish
    - Searinox will no longer drop a rune of resurrection if there is no dead player unit nearby
    - Added a system to make the orc structures easier to destroy without siege damage, attacking their base should take less time now
    - Removed low poly grass
  • Updated Mission 01 (The Defense of Strahnbrad) [v1.2]:
    - Reduced the amount of repeated dialogue when Strahnbrad buildings collapse
    - Increased a little bit the time of the hidden timer before Strahnbrad is attacked
    - Added shaking and noise when building collapse as in The Culling
    - Improved intro cutscene animations and camera angles
    - Increased a bit the strength of Menag and the Slave Master
    - Removed low poly grass
    - Added new chinese logo

Note: this update focuses on making the campaign compatible with W3R 1.34, while also releasing the second act.

• Released Mission 09 Epilogue (Vengeance) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 09 (Frostmourne) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 08 (Dissension) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 07 (The Shores of Northrend) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 06 Interlude (Divergent Courses) [v1.0]
  • Released Mission 06 (The Culling) [v1.0]
  • Updated Mission 05 Interlude (The Prince and the Prophet) [v1.3]:
    - Removed end credit scene
    - General localization improvements
  • Updated Mission 05 (March of the Scourge) [v1.3]:
    - Increased overall map difficulty
    - Fixed a bug causing Mark the Archeaologist to not move towards its camp
    - Fixed a bug causing villagers to not run away when a shadee visible to the player is nearby
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Cult of the Damned) [v1.3]:
    - Fixed (hopefully) a bug causing Kel'Thuzad to not be defeated, halting the quest
  • Updated Mission 03 (Ravages of the Plague) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Jaina's Meeting) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Blackrock and Roll) [v1.3]:
  • Updated Mission 01 (The Defense of Strahnbrad) [v1.3]:
    - Adjusted Alicia cinematics camera
    - Added new ghost: Heinz Georg

Note: this update is an hotfix.

• Updated Mission 09 Epilogue (Vengeance) [v1.1]:
    - Removed last ability Paladin from Arthas when hearing the last memory
    - Fixed chinese Codex dialog and buttons appearing as Allies
  • Updated Mission 09 (Frostmourne) [v1.1]:
  • Updated Mission 08 (Dissension) [v1.1]:
  • Updated Mission 07 (The Shores of Northrend) [v1.1]:
    - Fixed Arthas being invulnerable after first main quest
  • Updated Mission 06 Interlude (Divergent Courses) [v1.1]:
  • Updated Mission 06 (The Culling) [v1.1]:
    - Zoo animals will no longer sleep
    - Zoo animals will no longer aggro the player
    - Removed rain because it was causing crashes on some hardware
    - Improved chinese localization
    - Improved italian localization
  • Updated Mission 05 Interlude (The Prince and the Prophet) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 05 (March of the Scourge) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Cult of the Damned) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 03 (Ravages of the Plague) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Jaina's Meeting) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 02 (Blackrock and Roll) [v1.4]:
  • Updated Mission 01 (The Defense of Strahnbrad) [v1.4]:

CUSTOM CAMPAIGN UPDATE
- The entire human campaign is now bundled in a single .w3n (custom campaign) map file. This allows you to select difficulty in the game, select missions in the game and load saved game through game menus.
- The entire package is around 500 MB smaller than the previous version
- The custom campaign features a custom loading screen inspired from the default game one with the appropriate information about Hive Workshop and the project Patreon page
- File organization is reworked completely: all files (including most of the object related strings) are now contained in only one file, thus making translation and fixing backend much easier
- Object data completely reworked: all custom units are assigned as map-specific or campaign-specific and they are all organized with proper ids
- Chaos damage removed on all creeps where it makes no sense to have it
- Magic damage is now added on all creeps where it makes sense to have it
- Divine armor icon now properly displayed
- Items are completely reworked: they are reorganized, harder to kill and their values make more sense on a global scale
- Integrated some balance changes since 1.31 to Re-Reforged (like Sundering Blades, Prioritize Air and more) plus some other to improve gameplay
- Improved some codex and hint texts on all missions
- Now human scout towers have 1800 sight range on both day and night
- Made Death Pact and Death Ritual cost 0 mana (with longer cooldown, like the integrated Far Sight)
- Racial shops are redone according to the new items categorization system
- General improvements to all models (some are even new, other improved and optimized for 1.36)
- Improved some texture quality (they were lower quality before to save space)
- Added snowcaps for all human and undead buildings where it does make sense to have them
- All ghosts now have a 15% transparency added to them beside the model fresnel effect
- Complete rework of all walking sounds (they loop correctly now in all cinematics)
- Music save/reload bugs now fixed
- Music overall randomization is better when default music is played
- Music doesn't include TFT tracks as default tracks anymore
- Fixed music sometimes not resetting correctly to the intended playlist
- Added new cheats: now "ggwp" (add "-cache" or "-nocache" to make it save the cache or not). You can also display current difficulty using "howhard" and you can enable all campaign buttons using "notimetowaste"
- Codex system UI reworked: now using icons, more space to display text and better hints to avoid issues with scrolling (please note, it's impossible to make it scroll from the start due to an engine limitation)
- Codex system interaction reworked: now codex scrolls give XP to heroes collecting them depending on how difficult they are to find. Their position is also reworked to be easier to find in all maps
- Optimized and improved all trees animations without any trigger usage
- Added some unit (mostly creeps) randomization to increase replayability
- Added some items randomization to increase replayability
- Reworked the final "thank you" screen to be more up-to-date
- Added intro cinematic you can play before playing the campaign and after the end, like in default campaign
- Added campaign logo
- Improved Re-Reforged logo both in maps and in the campaign menu
- Improved custom voice acting
- Improved all AIs
- Optimized AI routines and removed their leaks
- Optimized ALL triggers and removed their leaks
- Rebalanced shades to be less annoying (especially their build times)
- Now dwarven Curators will use their abilities properly
- Reworked checkpoints to avoid bugs and improve their spreading within the maps
- Improved many shots and animations in many cinematics
  • Updated Mission 09 Epilogue (Vengeance) [v1.2]:
    - Improved some shots in the various scenes
    - Added snowcaps on all buildings
    - Added cheering animations by soldiers when bases are defeated
    - Fixed an issue causing selection to be available after loading a save
    - Fixed timing on the final cutscene when Arthas kills Marwyn and Falric to prevent desync on various locales
  • Updated Mission 09 (Frostmourne) [v1.2]:
    - Decreased divine shield duration and increased divine shield cooldown on mirror Arthas
    - Increased the time required for The Guardian to Ice Strike
    - Added UI indicator to show where The Guardian is going to Ice Strike
    - Reworked the path to Frostmourne section items to be useful in next map section and be smart with respect to current hero level
    - Fixed pathing blockers on the first Revenant's force field while progressing in the path to Frostmourne section
    - Reworked AIs of allies and enemies
    - Now suicide will happen earlier and at a better pace
    - Now the dwarfs will not attack the scourge bases
    - Added a new Undead base on the bottom left
    - Improved terrain to prevent Mal'Ganis attacks from being blocked
    - Increased base time required to finish second part of the mission
    - General improvements to terrain (mostly aesthetics)
  • Updated Mission 08 (Dissension) [v1.2]:
    - Added the center of the map with enemy AIs
    - Added allied bases
    - Added an altar to revive heroes and an arcane vault to buy items
    - Added some enemies around the ships to reduce how cheesable the map is
    - Fixed a bug forcing certain murlocs to swim to the player when there was no player unit there
  • Updated Mission 07 (The Shores of Northrend) [v1.2]:
    - Reworked AIs of allies and enemies
    - Now the green base forces will deploy their defences slower, allowing the player to win by attacking fast enough
    - Made the mission overall easier
    - Reduced the amount of carriable items dropped by creeps in the first part of the map
  • Updated Mission 06 Interlude (Divergent Courses) [v1.2]:
    - Fixed a bug on reload that would break cinematic frames during the fight with Diablo
    - Fixed an issue causing selection to be available after loading a save
    - Fixed an issue causing minimap markers that should be hidden to reappear when loading a save
    - Added monks around the map
  • Updated Mission 06 (The Culling) [v1.2]:
    - Added back rain
    - Added back the fountain of life
    - Made the mission less cheeseable
    - Made the beginning time to breath for the player a bit longer
    - Added more rewards to exploration
    - Added an optional quest to destroy plague cauldrons that will otherwise spawns endless amount of zombies towards your base
    - Improved the intro cutscene with new animations to reproduce even more the Blizzcon 2018 cutscene
    - Added custom UI to display kill counts
  • Updated Mission 05 Interlude (The Prince and the Prophet) [v1.5]:
  • Updated Mission 05 (March of the Scourge) [v1.5]:
    - Made the mission overall harder if the player doesn't explore and overall easier if the player explores
  • Updated Mission 04 (The Cult of the Damned) [v1.5]:
    - Improved some animations in the various cutscenes
    - Reword the Haunted Gold Mine optional quest to actually award a new income for the player
    - Made income actually meaningful by letting the player to buy soldiers
    - Added custom UI for both remaining soldiers and control points, designed specifically for them
    - Made the mission overall harder (but not by much)
    - During Kel'Thuzad fight, now camera pans are less intrusive
    - Fixed some data being saved to cache without any actual reason
  • Updated Mission 03 (Ravages of the Plague) [v1.5]:
    - Improved some animations in the various cutscenes
    - Vastly improved Pudge animations
    - Made the mission overall harder (but not by much)
  • Updated Mission 02 Interlude (Jaina's Meeting) [v1.5]:
    - Improved some models and animations in the various scenes
  • Updated Mission 02 (Blackrock and Roll) [v1.5]:
    - Improved some shots in cinematics
    - Made the mission overall easier
    - Reworked Searinox fight to now being able to land and be overall more dynamic
    - Now to enter Searinox Canyon the player can use a custom UI designed specifically for that
    - Fixed an issue causing minimap markers that should be hidden to reappear when loading a save
    - Fixed a cheese allowing the player to destroy the orc base before proceeding to the next phase in story mode
  • Updated Mission 01 (The Defense of Strahnbrad) [v1.5]:
    - Improved some shots in cinematics
    - Fixed a pathing blocker in the initial camp
    - Improved balance a bit in the various fights
Contents

W3RR The Scourge of Lordaeron (Campaign)

Reviews
Wazzz
Another Act, another banger. Following the Prologue, the quality has continued to be upheld and, in some instances, improved. While the Prologue was partially limited in being a tutorial, the addition of various assets for the Blackrock Clan (which...
Level 3
I don't think I've ever left a review on Hive Workshop before, however I just had to get my thanks across to the creator of this campaign, it's fantastic.

I've just played through the Human campaign and absolutely loved it. This is exactly what I was expecting back from the original announcement of Reforged - THANK YOU!

Incredible gameplay, amazing characters, cinematics, lore, easter eggs the lot. A few bugs here and there but nothing that took away from the gameplay or experience. Looking forward to the next installment! (About to load up the prologue in the meantime)

the campaign looks good, it has a good look, seeing only the trailer there is something that I did not like at all and that is that they removed the emissives from the eyes of arthas and malganis, and another thing that is not a matter of taste but rather that it is an error in history theme, and it is that arthas hammer gets the skin and hair of arthas forstmoune which is an error since that is caused by frostmourne it is not caused by northrend it is something that both the classic with its CGI cinematics and reforged in the campaign In general, it shows you and making the change with the arthas hammer is nonsense in the story, obviously I haven't played it yet so I don't know if it will be explained (even if it is explained, it's still an error XD) but otherwise it looks very good , after seeing the complete campaign if my opinion changes I will edit the comment

Level 3
My game keeps crashing when i start chapter 6. And pops up with this error. I can play the other chapters. any advise?

Fejl.png

Level 29
My game keeps crashing when i start chapter 6. And pops up with this error. I can play the other chapters. any advise?

View attachment 415654
IIRC, errors that related to decompression failed means that your installation file is corrupted. To solve this issue, you are going to re-download the whole campaign. Also, it could be linked to the hard drive problems.

Level 3
IIRC, errors that related to decompression failed means that your installation file is corrupted. To solve this issue, you are going to re-download the whole campaign. Also, it could be linked to the hard drive problems.
Thank you.
it works now, i've re-downloaded the map, but it still says the files are corrupted

Level 12
Rly a big thx Luca ! for your time passed on that campaign, it's rly an amazing job👏 very good time passed on it !

Maybe just in the final with only arthas, the camera is, for me, too close from him, or maybe begin normal and get closer and closer as we lose power.

everything is very balanced and quite fun and the playable cinematic are very interesting, thx again !

Level 2
Hey, not sure if its just this campaign, since I've never tried watching a cinematic only map on W3R 1.34, but every time the interludes end, it just hangs out on a black screen with no music, and I end up having to alt-F4. Waited up to 5 minutes too see if it was just thinking. Tried both single and online custom maps, and changed settings around a little bit and nope! Only up to the third interlude at Stratholme and trying to get it working since its not even doing the "extra" part of it, which I think is from Jaina having a certain item?

Level 29
Hey, not sure if its just this campaign, since I've never tried watching a cinematic only map on W3R 1.34, but every time the interludes end, it just hangs out on a black screen with no music, and I end up having to alt-F4. Waited up to 5 minutes too see if it was just thinking. Tried both single and online custom maps, and changed settings around a little bit and nope! Only up to the third interlude at Stratholme and trying to get it working since its not even doing the "extra" part of it, which I think is from Jaina having a certain item?
Latest version of Reforged (1.33-1.35), in general, likes breaking some important elements such as cinematics or interludes. Don't question it.
If you still face the issues, please re-download the whole map.
I love this but is anybody having trouble with map 7? It keeps crashing on me randomly of that specific map. I've tried redownloading it and it still does it.
Check that guy's post above with the picture. It might because the map is corrupted or hard drive issue.

Level 2
DUDE!!!! You killed it again man, you are soooo good at this. I'm convinced there is like, the whole, actual, original Warcraft 3 team behind you! You do fan service so well man, it's tasteful, never feels fan-batey or over the top... that last level with Arthas was just... ahhh so good! I don't know what else to say but thank you, thank you, thank you for this amazing experience.

However, I do have to say a couple negatives here (WHICH I'M SURE ISN'T YOUR FAULT). The cut-scene for Stratholme had a camera wonkily placed inside the bridge and it caused a bit of jank. It crashed on me like, 6 times or something ridiculous? And it would not let me overwrite saves, so I had to create a new save every time I wanted to save. Besides that, I had a blast, and I am anxiously awaiting your take on the rest of the campaigns! You are amazing bro!

Level 1
Mr. InsaneMonster,

This campaign is top tear! My ONLY (small) issue is that things feel very scripted in the sense that I feel somewhat pushed into a certain play style. In Vanilla I am able to build up a monstrous base for no good reason. I am able to play very agressive, or play very defensive. In your maps I feel as if my "agency" is somewhat limited...if that makes sense? Going forward I'd like to see less scripting surrounding base building and less timers within individual levels. The boss battles are hella fun! The enemy units feel very balanced and fun to fight against. That said, I'd also love to see some bigger battles. More computer units, as well as player controlled units. In the upcoming Path of the Damned, it'd be awesome to be able to jump right into (or at least earlier within the campaign, mission 3 or 4?) having access to tier 2 or tier 3. We've all played this game to the point of exhaustion, so learning the tech tree isn't really an issue. I'd LOVE to have abominations, destroyers, etc. while assaulting silvermoon.

Keep up the fantastic work my dude! We all love you for it!

However, I did notice a small decline in quality after the Culling. I guess Northrend is just a barren tileset without a lot of environment doodads, but even so, it didn't have quite the same level of polish the prior missions had where every nook and cranny was indiscriminately decorated.

I especially loved the overhaul of Mission 8 btw! Even though some parts were a bit too narrow for my troops, the original version of that mission is one of my least favorite, but the way you redesigned the layout made the flow of the mission smooth like butter and I love that it's longer.

Anyway, this is a master piece, but even master pieces have flaws sometimes. The amount of polish on the first 5 missions renders them virtually flawless in my eyes, but makes the flaws in mission 7 and on stand out a lot more.

Keep working on this amazing project, you're doing the Lords work here and good luck with Path of the Damned!

First of all, thank you so much! For what concerns difficulty, for now (and this will change when I will turn this into a custom campaign) you can only select difficulty through starting the map using the editor, as reported in FAQ installation instructions.
For what concerns the terrain, Northrend is more barren. There is a ton of decorations, like ice spikes, vines, rocks, bones and even snow/ice piles all around, it's just that it require less to convey the correct atmosphere. It's a wasteland after all so it makes sense to be less cluttered in some areas. But please, if you noticed certain area less polished, as you say, do tell me more in detail so I can take a look.

Rly a big thx Luca ! for your time passed on that campaign, it's rly an amazing job👏 very good time passed on it !

Maybe just in the final with only arthas, the camera is, for me, too close from him, or maybe begin normal and get closer and closer as we lose power.

everything is very balanced and quite fun and the playable cinematic are very interesting, thx again !

I like the closeup, but I'll see if I can increase a bit (only a bit) it's distance. Thanks!

This is Reforged 1.34. When this releases as custom campaign this issue will be fixed (at least I hope).

I love this but is anybody having trouble with map 7? It keeps crashing on me randomly of that specific map. I've tried redownloading it and it still does it.

Use fullscreen and low the graphics. I've yet to understand what the issue is but it's certainly because of graphics and because of the poor state of Reforged 1.33/1.34 engine.

DUDE!!!! You killed it again man, you are soooo good at this. I'm convinced there is like, the whole, actual, original Warcraft 3 team behind you! You do fan service so well man, it's tasteful, never feels fan-batey or over the top... that last level with Arthas was just... ahhh so good! I don't know what else to say but thank you, thank you, thank you for this amazing experience.

However, I do have to say a couple negatives here (WHICH I'M SURE ISN'T YOUR FAULT). The cut-scene for Stratholme had a camera wonkily placed inside the bridge and it caused a bit of jank. It crashed on me like, 6 times or something ridiculous? And it would not let me overwrite saves, so I had to create a new save every time I wanted to save. Besides that, I had a blast, and I am anxiously awaiting your take on the rest of the campaigns! You are amazing bro!

The wonky camera is just a bug that sometimes happen. Basically the engine didn't manage to interpolate correctly between two cameras and it will go in a pretty random position in the middle. I can't fix this, but it's very rare. I think it depends on system specs and how many things the engine is doing. I know of this bug and just replay the cutscene will fix it 99.9% of the times. When it happens more frequently I usually add delays to fix it, but I can't add delays everywhere without ruining the cutscenes.

Mr. InsaneMonster,

This campaign is top tear! My ONLY (small) issue is that things feel very scripted in the sense that I feel somewhat pushed into a certain play style. In Vanilla I am able to build up a monstrous base for no good reason. I am able to play very agressive, or play very defensive. In your maps I feel as if my "agency" is somewhat limited...if that makes sense? Going forward I'd like to see less scripting surrounding base building and less timers within individual levels. The boss battles are hella fun! The enemy units feel very balanced and fun to fight against. That said, I'd also love to see some bigger battles. More computer units, as well as player controlled units. In the upcoming Path of the Damned, it'd be awesome to be able to jump right into (or at least earlier within the campaign, mission 3 or 4?) having access to tier 2 or tier 3. We've all played this game to the point of exhaustion, so learning the tech tree isn't really an issue. I'd LOVE to have abominations, destroyers, etc. while assaulting silvermoon.

Keep up the fantastic work my dude! We all love you for it!

First, about bigger battles, you have to keep in mind that gameplay first. This is no SC2, controlling huge armies is hard. But I have some nice ideas in store using AI to not make the gameplay too bad.
And yes, I do like to give player agency, instead of letting the player decide their own. I think it's more fun this way but you are right some more free macro map should be there. Currently, Human07 and Prologue03 are the most "free" missions. I will try to snap at least 1 free macro map. Anyway, it's not true that you are forced into a strict playstyle. Think of Human04 (the lane to play and how to play it), Human05 (if to abandon the Lumbermill or not or try to push), Human08 (what mercenaries to hire), etc... Just try to find multiple ways to play a certain type of map. To be completely free to do whatever you want without any issue tends to be boring, because it means there is no actual strategy required to win, imho.

Hey! Finally completed the last mission. I really liked the landscape and the maps themselves, they are gorgeous and beautiful, it all immerses you in the atmosphere. Now missions:
7. A large and interesting map, but can a penguin really only be given to a "panda"? Where is his home? I have not found. It was a little tricky, but I noticed that after destroying 2 undead bases, the greens stopped attacking.
8. I really liked the revision of the mission, it's just nice to play.
9. I really, really liked the frostmourne stage, but the camp defense then looks a bit unfinished.
The epilogue is good, but the camera is too close, I didn't see what was in front of the arthas.
In the end, I am very satisfied with your work and look forward to the next companies! :)

P.S. I used a translator, I hope everything is clear)
P.S.S. I don't know why, but sometimes in mission 9 the worker icon is peon.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_011323_221158_000.png
    WC3ScrnShot_011323_221158_000.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 108
Level 2
InsaneMonster, impressive work. Great job. But I think killing Falric and Marvin at the end is inappropriate. As planned, the player does not know that Arthas has lost his mind so much that he kills everyone, and this becomes clear only from the cinematic of the murder of his father. Maybe try to make a cutscene with a double meaning? For example: Arthas walks through the camp, where everyone is already dead and so that the new player can think whether Arthas killed everyone or the undead did it.

Level 4
Personally for me downloading from HiveWorkshop doesn't work (any file download gets cut at 106 MB size), so i cant download even any single maps, of this project... luckily i found another website, that lets me download maps of this project. In case anyone else needs it, it is there:

maps.w3reforged.com/maps/categories/campaign/Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged%3A The Scourge of Lordaeron

Level 1
Hi. I am trying to edit maps in order to modify slightly, but an unexpected error occurs when saving maps 1-5. It works for map 6.
Patch 1.35. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Level 6
So glad to see that the next section is out, and can't wait to get started playing it!

Out of curiosity do you plan to move forward with the maps as Custom Campaigns now that they have FINALLY been added to WC3R or do you plan to still update all the maps separately and use the save/load system you already have implemented?

Level 1
Throwing downloaded (unzipped) in C:\Users\maksi\Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns. gives an error (send bug report), Help what I can do wrong? The game version is the latest downloaded Battle.net

Level 4
Throwing downloaded (unzipped) in C:\Users\maksi\Documents\Warcraft III\Campaigns. gives an error (send bug report), Help what I can do wrong? The game version is the latest downloaded Battle.net
That folder is only for the Campaign files (even folders/subfolders not allowed there, only Campaign files and nothing else), so you have to clean it and put map files to the maps Folder
Documents\Warcraft III\Maps (any subfolder as you wish, in the Maps folder other folders are allowed, it is not like the Campaign folder)

Last edited:
Level 4
I really hope you will be updating this as a real custom campaign moving forward, now that we finally have the feature in-game.
I have not yet played it, but will do as soon as you do that! I want to wait until then, to play it as a real campaign, instead of.. maps. :D

Level 2
Does anyone know how to use the Re-reforged Campaigns with the new Custom Campaigns feature introduced in the new patch 1.35? Currently I can only get it to work using the old Custom Game method (selecting each map to load one at a time in the Custom Game screen).

Does anyone know how to use the Re-reforged Campaigns with the new Custom Campaigns feature introduced in the new patch 1.35? Currently I can only get it to work using the old Custom Game method (selecting each map to load one at a time in the Custom Game screen).

Can't you all just wait for me to make them as custom campaigns first? Please, I'm working on it!

Level 2
Can't you all just wait for me to make them as custom campaigns first? Please, I'm working on it!
Thank you! Just finished the Re-reforged Human campaign and it's amazing! Love the boss fights, the final boss fight against the Guardian with Arthas and Muradin was a fun challenge. The enhanced side quests are great and the interactive interludes are really cool 👍. Can't wait for the Undead Re-reforged campaign 😁.

I had some crashes after the interludes end and had a weird bug where Arthas couldn't cast his healing spell anymore but other than that it's pretty stable. Keep up the good work! 😉

I was wondering in making this into a 2 Player Campaign. Is that okay with you Insane Monster?

Join the discord server and we can discuss the details, but overall: yes it's ok for me, so long I don't have to do any additional development (beside helping in minor things of course).

Level 11
Join the discord server and we can discuss the details, but overall: yes it's ok for me, so long I don't have to do any additional development (beside helping in minor things of course).
Splendid my friend. I know overall to handle everything alone except the 'Codex' functionality for multiple players. When I'm ready to make it I'll discuss ideas on Discord about Second Hero and his spells (except on missions where we have two heroes already like when Jaina comes, or Muradin). Spoon on his 2 player Campaign didn't make fun custom Hero spells for the second player.

Will this become a custom campaign now that Reforge supports them? How did you realize saving/loading progress with maps only? Are you using the Preload exploit to generate and read files?

Give me time to turn it, it's a lot of work. Beside, that, game cache is independent from the custom campaign format.

Level 2
Wanted to ask about transfering it to a newly compaign format but there is also such question and a reply to it.
So, it's in progress and you are working on it as far as I understood. Can't wait, but yeah, it takes time. Everything positive for you and many thanks.

Level 2
Is it possible to form a team of developers?
The support developer(s) can focus on transforming the existing Re-Reforged campaign maps into Custom Campaign format while InsaneMonster focuses on making the Undead campaign.

Level 1
If anyone else is having trouble opening the maps in the world editor, ensure the asset mode is on SD in the "General" tab, and then in the "test map" tab set it to HD

1685766064119.png

I had a problem where loading the map would crash after using 4gb ram (meaning its 32bit even though its in the x86_64 folder indicating it should be 64bit), but this method worked for me as it uses less ram to load the map